PDA

View Full Version : PATSY Ratings - Lafayette's Class of 2018

Lehigh Football Nation
March 5th, 2014, 04:03 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/03/patsy-ratings-lafayettes-class-of-2018.html

Read. And be amazed.

RichH2
March 5th, 2014, 04:22 PM
xawesomex Sadly,quite an accurate assessment of Pard's group this year. They seem well armed for 150.

carney2
March 5th, 2014, 06:23 PM
The standings (With 2 To Go):

1. LAFAYETTE 77
2. COLGATE 76
2. HOLY CROSS 76
4. FORDHAM 63
5. BUCKNELL 39

For those of you still bent out of shape about those negative adjustment points for Bucknell, just look at this. It makes no difference and the Buckies need to spend more energy getting their football act together and a little less grousing about nothing.

CFBfan
March 5th, 2014, 06:32 PM

1. LAFAYETTE 77
2. COLGATE 76
2. HOLY CROSS 76
4. FORDHAM 63
5. BUCKNELL 39

For those of you still bent out of shape about those negative adjustment points for Bucknell, just look at this. It makes no difference and the Buckies need to spend more energy getting their football act together and a little less grousing about nothing.

very tight rankings, it'll be interesting to see where lu comes in, when was the last time it was this tight (bu not included)??

carney2
March 5th, 2014, 06:37 PM
xawesomex Sadly,quite an accurate assessment of Pard's group this year. They seem well armed for 150.

Sadly?!! I think not.

DFW HOYA
March 5th, 2014, 07:17 PM

1. LAFAYETTE 77
2. COLGATE 76
2. HOLY CROSS 76
4. FORDHAM 63
5. BUCKNELL 39

My guess: LEHIGH 64

The PP ratings seem to place a premium on rated players this year. I've yet to find one Georgetown so recruit so honored--there is one kid listed on Rivals but without any stars.

carney2
March 5th, 2014, 07:36 PM
FWIW, the retired members of The Committee all felt that if two Patsy Points totals were within 10 points of each other it was pretty much a dead heat. Beyond 10 however and it's significant.

Pard4Life
March 6th, 2014, 12:35 PM

They won't be playing. But since it's our home game, all of them will be dressed.

Pard4Life
March 6th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Will the committee include Lehigh's transfer RB from U Miami?

Lehigh Football Nation
March 6th, 2014, 12:46 PM
They won't be playing. But since it's our home game, all of them will be dressed.

Interestingly, wven though Lehigh is technically the away team, there is an exception - in either the PL's rules or the NCAA's rules, or both, I can't remember which - that allows the visiting team, per existing arrangement with the hosts, to allow non-participants to dress and be on the sidelines.

carney2
March 6th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Will the committee include Lehigh's transfer RB from U Miami?

If so it will be a first. Heretofore, the Patsys have been about recruits - i.e., incoming freshmen.

RichH2
March 6th, 2014, 09:40 PM
LU has 1 transfer and 2 PGs,one a ** QB. If I'm correct, None can be included under current Patsy rules.

RichH2
March 6th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Yosha is classified for last yr anyway from what Andy said.

van
March 7th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Committee indicated interest in accommodating transfers in ratings, perhaps by next year? High impact transfers may become more common in the new "schollie" era.

breezy
March 7th, 2014, 08:20 AM
There should be no problem including PGs are part of the recruiting class -- they are incoming frosh with 4 years of eligibility. I recall an exchange I had during the former regime where a PG who was a member of a recruiting class had been rated as a HS senior but was not rated as a PG and the question was whether the rating as a HS senior should or should not be included for Patsy purposes. Certainly, if rated as a PG, that rating should be used.

RichH2
March 7th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Agree in theory breezy. Ithink both s/b included somehow. Ignoring them now is unrealistic.
PGs most seem to fall off the radar in their PG yr. Craven a ** as a sr, nada as PG.
Oh before I forget again LU has 3 PGs this yr not 2.

ngineer
March 7th, 2014, 10:30 PM
A PG is an incoming freshman with four years to play. That simple. Should be included.

Fordham
March 14th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Patsy committee a union job (where's Lehigh?)?

:D