PDA

View Full Version : Colgate - Fordham

ColgateTD
October 17th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Having been disappointed the last couple of weeks, we now face the PL schedule for the remainder of the season. What are your thoughts going into the Ram's den? Normally I would consider this a no-brainer, but considering our ineffective play of the past two weeks, nothing is off the table. Can we muster enough offense to offset our inexperienced lines against Fordham? Looking for answers - anyone got some insight?...:confused:

Fordham
October 17th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I would be stunned if this one is close, ColgateTD. After seeing our team play this past weekend, I can tell you that we're playing a ton of frosh & sophs and that we were really, really outplayed by Marist. We cannot move the ball on O and our secondary is very, very poor ... and I left out a few 'very's'. If not for a Hail Mary right before the half, we would have gone in to the locker room down 6 - 0. It was pure luck. Combine that with Marist fumbling on our 1 yd line in the 4th quarter and we really should not have won that game.

I like what I've seen from some of our frosh ... in particular John Skelton a 6'5 kid from TX who can run and throw very, very well. Our oline has been horrendous, though. I also believe that Coach Massella and staff are doing the right things and moving us in the right direction but this year is really just going to be a 'get some experience' one for us, unfortunately.

Our front 7 on defense is very good and Marcus Taylor at LB has just been tremendous for us this year. I really hope he gets the all-conference consideration he deserves, even though we're having such a poor year. That said, look for Saraceno to have a huge day, as our secondary is the worst I've ever seen us ... ever.

Colgate 30 Fordham 6 is my prediction and it could be worse. Perhaps the only thing going for us is that Massella has beaten Biddle already and may inspire some young kids to believe they can do it as well. Vegas would clearly think otherwise, though, if they gave enough of a crap to have a pick on this one.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 17th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Fordham, I think the key will be if you can stop Colgate on the first 2-3 possessions. If the Rams go down quickly 10-0 or 14-0 this won't be close, but a close 7-7 or 3-0 game at halftime might favor the Rams. Remember, hard as it may be to believe, Fordham has a chance to run the table and win the PL title (and a little help from teams beating Holy Cross). I don't think Masella can go into "rebuilding mode" until they for sure are out of the running.

Not to say it won't be a challenge, but Fordham should go all-out this week and can't be counted on just being rolled over.

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2006, 12:17 PM
LFN's probably got the right idea in terms of us scoring first. If we can jump out ahead we can play more conservative ball-control, which seems to be the only thing the offense can do right. They looked impressive against Dartmouth and G'town (for what that's worth :rolleyes:), so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if a strong start leads to a more comfortable margin of victory. The longer Fordham could potentially lead or stay close, the less I'd like our chances.

Go...gate
October 17th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I think it could be close, especially since it is a road game, where we are winless this season.

JoltinJoe
October 17th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I would be stunned if this one is close, ColgateTD. After seeing our team play this past weekend, I can tell you that we're playing a ton of frosh & sophs and that we were really, really outplayed by Marist. We cannot move the ball on O and our secondary is very, very poor ... and I left out a few 'very's'. If not for a Hail Mary right before the half, we would have gone in to the locker room down 6 - 0. It was pure luck. Combine that with Marist fumbling on our 1 yd line in the 4th quarter and we really should not have won that game.

Colgate 30 Fordham 6 is my prediction and it could be worse. Perhaps the only thing going for us is that Massella has beaten Biddle already and may inspire some young kids to believe they can do it as well. Vegas would clearly think otherwise, though, if they gave enough of a crap to have a pick on this one.

I see you lare more optimistic than I am.

ColgateTD
October 18th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I tend to agree with LFN - if the Rams stay close the first quater or half, things will get very interesting. We have a stoggy offense that just can't put numbers on the board quickly....the "slow-down game" can get to Saracino, and bog us down for the entire game....then our OC doesn't know how to react...:(