PDA

View Full Version : SC State Football player shot and killed

dungeonjoe
January 24th, 2014, 06:43 PM
This is new and breaking news

ORANGEBURG, S.C. – A 20-year-old S.C. State University football player was shot and killed on Friday afternoon outside of a dormitory.

Brandon Alexander Robinson, 20, was identified as the victim of the shooting by the Orangeburg County Coroner’s Office. According to the S.C. State Bulldogs football website, Robinson was a redshirt junior who played on the defensive line. He was a native of Orangeburg.

Robinson was described as a “good student” by university President Thomas J. Elzey.

"I want to reassure parents who have children on this campus that your children are in good hands,” Elzey said at a press confernece shortly after 6 p.m.

“South Carolina State university will maintain a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff and students. I have the fullest confidence in our law enforcement officials to successfully bring this investigation to a close and arrest those responsible."

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/24/3225102/shooting-reported-at-sc-state.html#storylink=cpy

Go...gate
January 24th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Terribly sad and senseless. So young.

kdinva
January 24th, 2014, 07:34 PM
The world is going to hell......prayers to the family.....60,000 volts to the trigger person.

BEAR
January 24th, 2014, 09:37 PM
A few years ago UCA had some nonstudents come on campus and shoot and kill 2 students. Campus cops were there in under 1 minute but it was too late for the victims. Many schools sent condolences to the school and after talking with the football team, I learned that even though the students killed weren't players, it still had a bad effect on the team. Condolences to the whole team at SC State. You guys are in our prayers. Family too.

AshevilleApp2
January 25th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Sad story. May he Rest in Peace.

Fordham
January 25th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Horrible. RIP

dungeonjoe
January 25th, 2014, 08:43 AM
A suspect is now in custody according to local news outlets.

813Jag
January 25th, 2014, 09:37 AM
RIP to the young man, sad loss of life

RichH2
January 25th, 2014, 10:13 AM
So sad. Seems we cant go a week w/o people getting shot at one school or the other. My prayers go out to his family and friends .

Nickels
January 27th, 2014, 02:22 PM
A few years ago UCA had some nonstudents come on campus and shoot and kill 2 students. Campus cops were there in under 1 minute but it was too late for the victims. Many schools sent condolences to the school and after talking with the football team, I learned that even though the students killed weren't players, it still had a bad effect on the team. Condolences to the whole team at SC State. You guys are in our prayers. Family too.
That actually surprises me. Conway seemed really nice, honestly a lot nicer than I expected. I don't remember seeing any thug types around. One local told me about a recent string of robberies. They apparently went to that place where you pour your own beer from the taps (cant remember name). I thought that was pretty brazen.

Condolences to the victim's family.

This type of thing not only affects the the victim and his family, but also perp's family, friends from both sides, etc. A lot of heart break, probably over nothing.