PDA

View Full Version : W&M @ JMU thread

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 16th, 2006, 03:27 PM
http://thetribehasspoken.net/2006/10/16/wm-jmu-preview/

^^^^Preview^^^^

My predicted final score:JMU 31, W&M 17

Go Tribe!

BTW-Is CAAZone down for anybody else? I can't get the link to the JMU message board.

JMU2004
October 16th, 2006, 03:32 PM
the CAAZONE has been down all day

Dukes Dynasty
October 16th, 2006, 03:41 PM
17 points seems to be a bit of wishful thinking...

Very Short President
October 16th, 2006, 03:44 PM
I agree that even though JMU has the tools to pick apart W&M it will stay close until the end. Maybe because Mickey wants to keep it suspenseful for the expected large crowd or maybe that's just how a rivalry game turns out. GO DUKES!

WM 10
JMU 34

Ivytalk
October 16th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I agree that even though JMU has the tools to pick apart W&M it will stay close until the end. Maybe because Mickey wants to keep it suspenseful for the expected large crowd or maybe that's just how a rivalry game turns out. GO DUKES!

WM 10
JMU 34

Welcome to the Board, Mr. President!:rotateh: :nod:

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Hey James Madison, remember when you let the British burn Washington?

Great call.

:)

Dukes Dynasty
October 16th, 2006, 03:49 PM
W&M managed just 14 versus both Hofstra and Liberty.

JMU 42
Bill & Mary 10

rufus
October 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Welcome to the board, Very Short President. That's an awesome screen name BTW.

I'm not predicting a score, but I will predict that for the first time in several regular seasons the game will not come down to a last second field goal.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 16th, 2006, 03:56 PM
W&M will definitely be up for this game. I don't think 17 is too much of a stretch.

JMU2004
October 16th, 2006, 04:03 PM
classic definition of a Trap Game.....big time rival stuffed b/t two huge games for JMU.

I'm thinking a 35-24 score in favor of the Dukes

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 16th, 2006, 04:20 PM

Great call.

If Mr. Tommy Jefferson hadn't let the US Navy turn to rotten lumber...

So often are National Tragedies blamed on only the person who resides in the Office of the Presidency at that time. In reality, there's usually a long history of events that lead to dismal circumstances. Not the least was giving the Brits the middle finger by enforcing economic sanctions (Embargo Act of 1807)...:bang:

So yes, we remember well, and screw Mr. Jefferson's UVA!!!! :cool:

(Damn I wish we had them on our schedule this year...)

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 16th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Back to football... :D

Yes, this will be a close game. One of those games that everyone scratches their heads thinking :confused: xidiotx

Not gonna be a xcoffeex

Rivalry games are ALWAYS :thumbsup:

But by the end, all of us in Bridgeforht donning Purple & Gold will be
:o :o :o :o
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:
xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Longhorn
October 16th, 2006, 04:35 PM

Great call.

Now THAT'S smart smack talk! :bow:

blur2005
October 16th, 2006, 06:35 PM
classic definition of a Trap Game.....big time rival stuffed b/t two huge games for JMU.
I completely agree, this could be a good chance for the Dukes to shoot themselves in the foot. At least the game is at home so I see the Dukes having a slow start but then waking up and winning by a couple scores.

I'll say 28-14 JMU.

JMU2004
October 16th, 2006, 06:54 PM
ouch....W&M returned 280 of its allotted tickets....guess they can stop bitching about us not givin them enough tickets!!!

the good news is that 280 JMU fans now have a way into the game!!!

Madisonian
October 16th, 2006, 07:14 PM

Great call.

Hey Furman University Christian Knight, remember in 2004 when James Mad came to Greenville and burned down your stadium? :smiley_wi

That was a great call too.

Madisonian
October 16th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I completely agree, this could be a good chance for the Dukes to shoot themselves in the foot. At least the game is at home so I see the Dukes having a slow start but then waking up and winning by a couple scores.

I'll say 28-14 JMU.

Unfortunately, I believe you are spot on with this analysis, as I would like to believe the Dukes may use this week's poll as a rally cry to gain some respect. Oh well, a win will be a win, and I'll take it everytime. :thumbsup:

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 16th, 2006, 07:32 PM
The Zone is still down, eh?

October 16th, 2006, 07:36 PM
I'll be there!

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 16th, 2006, 08:11 PM
As will I! This will be the first time I go to a I-AA game not in Williamsburg!

JMU_MRD'03-'07
October 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM
As will I! This will be the first time I go to a I-AA game not in Williamsburg!

Oh you're in for a treat!!

I'm pretty happy to not travel all the way to Williamsburg this year, its been three years strait that the MRD's have been there and I'm pretty tired of performing in Zable Stadium (although JMU's record there has been perfect every time I went!).

I'm thinking this game goes the way of Northeastern, JMU will not be flat.
The electricity of Bridgeforth propels Rascati, Baker, Holloman and even Rodney Landers to put up 46 points to W&M's 10

JMU_MRD'03-'07
October 16th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I'll be there!

I'll be sure to look for you during the halftime show and hopefully get in on some nice pics! :thumbsup:

Tribe4SF
October 16th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Tribe is on life support.....Dukes are rolling. I don't like our chances, but let's hope for a competitive game.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 16th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Oh you're in for a treat!!

I'm pretty happy to not travel all the way to Williamsburg this year, its been three years strait that the MRD's have been there and I'm pretty tired of performing in Zable Stadium (although JMU's record there has been perfect every time I went!).

I'm thinking this game goes the way of Northeastern, JMU will not be flat.
The electricity of Bridgeforth propels Rascati, Baker, Holloman and even Rodney Landers to put up 46 points to W&M's 10
I'm expecting a great game.

According to my MRD, William & Mary fans are not very fond of the MRD's.

Go Dukes.

Tribe4SF
October 16th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I'm expecting a great game.

According to my MRD, William & Mary fans are not very fond of the MRD's.

Go Dukes.

That's nonsense. A few fans don't like that we let the MRDs play at halftime at Zable, but what's not to like about the MRDs? The best band in the country.

Tell your MRD to stop making stuff up.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 16th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I can never really tell the difference between bands. All depends on the music IMO. Boston College is my favorite band.

Tribe4SF
October 16th, 2006, 09:50 PM
JMU's band remains, year in and year out, the best I've heard.

dukaholic
October 16th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Just heard that W&M returned 280 tickets to our ticket office today. Get'em while they're hot, boys.

tribe_pride
October 16th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Bad Guys - 35
Guys that are playing Bad - 7

DB_Atlantic10
October 16th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Hmmmmm, a W&M alum whose son plays for the Dukes...... So who should I route for:confused:

Tribe4SF
October 16th, 2006, 10:42 PM
C'mon, DB, we know who you're rooting for!

In the absence of #18, I see the Dukes' other DB from the Bay Rivers had a nice game Saturday. Good to see Marcus doing well.

Dukes_Bando
October 16th, 2006, 11:30 PM
That's nonsense. A few fans don't like that we let the MRDs play at halftime at Zable, but what's not to like about the MRDs? The best band in the country.

Tell your MRD to stop making stuff up.
http://flathat.wm.edu/2005-11-11/story.php?type=2&aid=4
this is probably why the MRD's have that opinion. Or maybe it was the students trying to start brawls and hurling beer bottles at us as we return to busses after the past couple games. It's all good tho... :eek: :nono:

Tribe4SF
October 17th, 2006, 05:41 AM
http://flathat.wm.edu/2005-11-11/story.php?type=2&aid=4
this is probably why the MRD's have that opinion. Or maybe it was the students trying to start brawls and hurling beer bottles at us as we return to busses after the past couple games. It's all good tho... :eek: :nono:

If someone hurled a beer bottle at you, that's assault. Depending on what you mean by "trying to start brawls", that is also likely a criminal offense. I'll bring your post to the attention of our Director of Operations who is responsible for security. Do you know if staff for the MRDs reported these incidents to W&M officials?

The kid who wrote the column is obviously one of those who doesn't like the MRDs being allowed to take the field at Zable. That's alot different than hurling beer bottles.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 17th, 2006, 08:41 AM
I hope the Madison fans are tame this weekend. I hear it was pretty bad at the start of the season.

bandl
October 17th, 2006, 08:52 AM
I hope the Madison fans are tame this weekend. I hear it was pretty bad at the start of the season.
On homecoming....I doubt it. Unfortunately, JMU's student body over the past couple years has been worse than in the past. JMU didn't use to be that way...it's almost embarassing for us alumni. :o

But all schools have rowdy fans. I've seen instances with the MRD's at Mary & Bill. I've also seen the same situations occur at JMU. It happens. Anyone that believes their student body is entirely innocent and saintly is a fool.

JMUfan2008
October 17th, 2006, 10:07 AM
On homecoming....I doubt it. Unfortunately, JMU's student body over the past couple years has been worse than in the past. JMU didn't use to be that way...it's almost embarassing for us alumni. :o

But all schools have rowdy fans. I've seen instances with the MRD's at Mary & Bill. I've also seen the same situations occur at JMU. It happens. Anyone that believes their student body is entirely innocent and saintly is a fool.

actually since the start of the year we've gotten a lot better. i don't take part in the vulgar chants because i prefer smarter chants, but they're now few and far between. other than the "you suck" chant which was done twice only at the end of the game a couple weeks ago there wasn't really anything bad. our athletics department really did their best to stop it and they did a pretty good job.

Tribe4SF
October 17th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Glad to hear that things have cleaned up some in Bridgeforth. It sounded like JMU was approaching some of the dispicable behavior that's characteristic of students at some I-A schools. Kudos to all at JMU who helped reverse the trend.:hurray:

JMU Duke Dog
October 17th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I enjoy the MRD performances but now they are much worse in regards to behavior than the regular student section. The new Dukes Respect program has worked well on the regular student section but apparently our band director has no control over his marching band.

Tribe4SF
October 17th, 2006, 06:35 PM
What is up with Maurice Fenner? It's a shame to see a kid who's had such a great career apparently falling in his last year.

Tribe4SF
October 17th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I enjoy the MRD performances but now they are much worse in regards to behavior than the regular student section. The new Dukes Respect program has worked well on the regular student section but apparently our band director has no control over his marching band.

What have they been doing?

JMU Duke Dog
October 17th, 2006, 06:38 PM
What is up with Maurice Fenner? It's a shame to see a kid who's had such a great career apparently falling in his last year.

He is suspended for the next two games (William & Mary and Richmond) for missing the team's plane to New Hampshire this past weekend.
http://dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=6832&CHID=3

soccerguy315
October 17th, 2006, 06:38 PM
the MRDs are good, but the opposing school's fight song should never come from the 50 yard line. The JMU band should be allowed to play after the game, but not at halftime. I have multiple friends in the MRDs, but they shouldn't be allowed to play their fight song from our field during the game.

Anyway... I hope the game is competitive. And this year, that's a lot to hope for.

JMU - 33
WM - 13

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 17th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Geez. The zone has been down, save about 3 hours, for 2 straight days.

I wasn't really worried about Fenner to begin with. Holloman is the guy that has me shaking. Especially with the Tribe's recent woes stopping the run(186 yards last week vs. Jennings, 187 vs. Baylark)

BigDukeDawg
October 17th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Alright Tribe4SF ur making it really hard to hate u as a bill & his bitch guy so lets pick up the sarcasm and puns sent towards jmaddy... and i think the fans will be ok for the game i mean yall are Virginia boys, its not like ur from Delaware or anything.... plus i have a lil extra 757 love for ya anyway... plus cut us some slack, some of WM students gon be my boss one day ima get in all the crap talkin i can when it doesnt affect me

Tribe4SF
October 17th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Alright Tribe4SF ur making it really hard to hate u as a bill & his bitch guy so lets pick up the sarcasm and puns sent towards jmaddy... and i think the fans will be ok for the game i mean yall are Virginia boys, its not like ur from Delaware or anything.... plus i have a lil extra 757 love for ya anyway... plus cut us some slack, some of WM students gon be my boss one day ima get in all the crap talkin i can when it doesnt affect me

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

If you want to hate on me, just ask me what I think of Mickey Mathews.:nonono2:

And while you're at it, clean up that syntax!:smiley_wi

DB_Atlantic10
October 17th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Tribe4SF... do you still have my number? Let's hook up before the game to catch up......

DB

BigDukeDawg
October 17th, 2006, 07:31 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

If you want to hate on me, just ask me what I think of Mickey Mathews.:nonono2:

And while you're at it, clean up that syntax!:smiley_wi

hahah funny thing, i dono if our opinions will be THAT different... i have a feelin ima catch a lot of crap for that comment.... syntax? yea only puss's actually read over what they typed and make corrections plus "i types ems as i talks ems" :thumbsup:

Tribe4SF
October 17th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Tribe4SF... do you still have my number? Let's hook up before the game to catch up......

DB

Can't find it. PM me.

JMU2004
October 17th, 2006, 08:18 PM
what the heck is going on with the CAAZONE? major issues apparently

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 17th, 2006, 08:46 PM
I got on for a little while this morning but it has been down ever since.

JMUFortier
October 17th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Me too...I guess this will be our haven for the mean time.

I am predicting a JMU victory but it will again be close. W&M will play us close even if they really stink this year. I gloat about our success but I still have to say that this one is "heart attack" close.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 18th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Thought I would revive this thread due to the Zone being down....again.

What are your teams(either JMU or W&M) keys to success in this game?

Tribe4SF
October 18th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Thought I would revive this thread due to the Zone being down....again.

What are your teams(either JMU or W&M) keys to success in this game?

Tribe will need to place Claymore's in the inflatable Duke Dog and detonate them as the Dukes take the field. :D

JMU_MRD'03-'07
October 18th, 2006, 11:29 PM

The Madison Represent program was not needed for the band. Being one of the "roudier" members of aforementioned group, I affirm that everything that comes out of my mouth, though be it in support of the Dukes and intended to undermine the efforts of our opponants is in no way vulgar or offensive.
The band does not even take part in the you suck cheer. :nono: We prefer to use comments that are more original such as, "You are a sub-par player", or "you won't even get a tryout from the Berlin Galaxy."

As for me I am going to use my final year in the band to take my time walking from the tunnel for our team back to the stands to tell the other team that they are about to loose because they simply cannot match our abilities and that they should give up and just go home.

But that my friends is the joy of being a college student. The ability to be a fanatic for your team and try to disrupt your opponant through smart and witty remarks. It is a charished freedom of any competative event. And hopefully provides a boost to my team and takes the other team's attention away from the game where it needs to be.

Home field advantage. :twocents:

JMUfan2008
October 19th, 2006, 12:05 AM
The Madison Represent program was not needed for the band. Being one of the "roudier" members of aforementioned group, I affirm that everything that comes out of my mouth, though be it in support of the Dukes and intended to undermine the efforts of our opponants is in no way vulgar or offensive.
The band does not even take part in the you suck cheer. :nono: We prefer to use comments that are more original such as, "You are a sub-par player", or "you won't even get a tryout from the Berlin Galaxy."

As for me I am going to use my final year in the band to take my time walking from the tunnel for our team back to the stands to tell the other team that they are about to loose because they simply cannot match our abilities and that they should give up and just go home.

But that my friends is the joy of being a college student. The ability to be a fanatic for your team and try to disrupt your opponant through smart and witty remarks. It is a charished freedom of any competative event. And hopefully provides a boost to my team and takes the other team's attention away from the game where it needs to be.

Home field advantage. :twocents:

They might not this year but they sure did last year. I know because everytime the band did this cheer I would cring...90% of the time you did it the next play would be a huge play for the other team. Nothing against y'all, that's just the way it always seemed to work out, be it bad timing or whatever else.

October 19th, 2006, 01:23 AM
I'll be there so that will count for something... right? :)

Tribe4SF
October 19th, 2006, 06:13 AM
I'll be there so that will count for something... right? :)

Of course it does, Ralph! You'll be the only one there wearing neutral gear.:cool:

By the way, checked your PMs lately?

Sam Adams
October 19th, 2006, 06:45 AM
This one has the makings for a classic A10 upset.

JMU2004
October 19th, 2006, 07:57 AM
not that I disagree with Sam Adams, but why do UMass fans think they need to put their nose in everything?

jmuroller
October 19th, 2006, 10:20 AM
This one has the makings for a classic A10 upset.

Well we can't beat them by very much because if we have a lead and don't take knee with 4 minutes left in the game we are running up the score. Just worry about the Minutemen and we'll take of everything else.

bandl
October 19th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Well we can't beat them by very much because if we have a lead and don't take knee with 4 minutes left in the game we are running up the score. Just worry about the Minutemen and we'll take of everything else.

HA!!!! I heard that to be fair, Matthews has agreed to let the Mary & Bill coaching staff pick the plays that the JMU offense runs. If the William & His Bitch defense still can't stop JMU from scoring, then Laylock has also agreed not to complain or comment on JMU's ability to score at will.

CentDukesFan
October 19th, 2006, 04:36 PM
aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddddd
the zones down again

:bawling:

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 19th, 2006, 04:58 PM
What, you are suprised???:eyebrow: :rotateh:

GO Tribexcoffeex

Longhorn
October 19th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Would have posted this on the CAAzone, but alas it's down again :nonono2:

Anybody know how to contact Dowd (the A10 reporter/writer) from the 1AA site? His report/predictions on week seven and eight are up and I'd like to send him a little note, but the 1AA site has no link or address info for this guy.

Tribe4SF
October 19th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Horn,

Go to the member list on here and click on A. He's the first listing as A-10 Den, and you can pm him.

mcveyrl
October 20th, 2006, 12:26 AM

Amen. My 16 month old son's first game was the ASU-JMU game. His 1st-152nd exposures to the f-bomb were at that game. I wish, as a JMU and MRD alum, that I could say that JMU was different, but I know it's not. Rooney (the band director) has control of the band to the extent that you can control 400+ people at a football game.

I also think this has the fixin's for a let down game. Not a loss, but not a blow-out. If they focus too much on Richmond, though, it's a loss.

blur2005
October 20th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Eh, words are words.

I'd tend to agree that considering the developing rivalry between JMU-W&M, this would be the worse possible game for JMU to let up at all.

JMU2004
October 20th, 2006, 08:32 AM
and the zone is down again.........eesh

Tribe4SF
October 20th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Eh, words are words.

I'd tend to agree that considering the developing rivalry between JMU-W&M, this would be the worse possible game for JMU to let up at all.

I think it would take quite a let up, or for us to stop making mistakes on nearly every play. We're also pretty banged up right now.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 21st, 2006, 09:19 PM
http://thetribehasspoken.net/2006/10/22/madison-cruises-to-homecoming-win-31-17-over-the-tribe/

All shots are in jest. It was fun!

DirtyDukes
October 25th, 2006, 01:18 AM
http://thetribehasspoken.net/2006/10/22/madison-cruises-to-homecoming-win-31-17-over-the-tribe/

All shots are in jest. It was fun!

Great job on predicting the game.