PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Journey's FCS stadium list

dewey
January 15th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Here is a list of the top FCS stadiums according to stadium journey.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/01-15-2014/541/2013-fcs-college-football-stadium-rankings/

Someone should have told them that GSU and ASU are now FBS teams.

I like how they mention in passing that the fargodome also happens to host NDSU football.

Flame away.

Dewey

citdog
January 16th, 2014, 12:08 AM
I wouldn't wipe my arse with this list. It stinks VERY badly without my scat on it.

The Ville
January 16th, 2014, 12:41 AM
How do you not visit our great stadium down in The Ville? Arguably the best in the OVC, seems like if they hit Samford and Chattanooga you could stop through Jacksonville.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 16th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Hmm, okay. The lack of a few Ivy stadium alone was enough for me to stop skimming after about 15 or so.

Unless there was some criteria I skipped that's a pretty poorly put together list I think.

Ivytalk
January 16th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Obviously written by a dimwitted SoCon apologist who has never travelled much. Princeton at 56 and barely ahead of Brown? National landmark Harvard Stadium at 34? SMFH.

Mattymc727
January 16th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Cowell Stadium at 24?????? HAHAHAHAHA

PaladinFan
January 16th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Furman has 13 SoCon titles, not 12.

UAalum72
January 16th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Cowell Stadium at 24?????? HAHAHAHAHA
MSF at Georgetown #21?

MR. CHICKEN
January 16th, 2014, 07:09 AM
18770……VILLANOVA STADIUM……xconfusedx…….WHIFF IT'S AWAY SIDE BAFF-ROOMS….DAT FORCE YA TA GO….WHIFF 5 MINUTES LEFT IN FIRST HALF???…STINKIN'/OVERFLOWIN'…PORT-A-POTTYS….WOOD BE AN UPGRADE………AWK!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Not to be rational or anything but it appears to be in order of what they refer to as their "Fanfare" score which takes into account all kinds of things like access and extras and stuff. WaGriz got a 3.7 and Jerry Richardson Stadium got a 4.3.

Read the reviews and take a breath.

Lehigh'98
January 16th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Yea, Georgetown is the top PL venue, not the absolute worst by a country mile....

MR. CHICKEN
January 16th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Not to be rational or anything but it appears to be in order of what they refer to as their "Fanfare" score which takes into account all kinds of things like access and extras and stuff. WaGriz got a 3.7 and Jerry Richardson Stadium got a 4.3.

Read the reviews and take a breath.

18773…..READ DUH REVIEWS……."DERE'S UH UNDENIABLE….LOVE FO' 'NOVA'S PROGRAM"…xthumbsdownx….THEY SHUT DOWN FOOTBALLL SEVERALAH YEARS AGO……AN' FOOTBALL IS HARD-LEE….TOP CAT..O' DUH MAIN-LINE……..BRAWK!

NOW AH'M….BREATHIN' EASY…..AWQ!

StadiumJourney
January 16th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Someone should have told them that GSU and ASU are now FBS teams.

We're aware. The list is past tense, so we included reviews that we did of FCS venues. Next year, we'll do a list with those teams in our FBS rankings

Bogus Megapardus
January 16th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Yea, Georgetown is the top PL venue, not the absolute worst by a country mile....

I hear they were really impressed with "The Fluke."

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5002/z2cg.png

StadiumJourney
January 16th, 2014, 08:15 AM
…..THEY SHUT DOWN FOOTBALLL SEVERALAH YEARS AGO

They've had their football program back for almost 30 years. Remember the FCS Championship they won in 2009?

Bogus Megapardus
January 16th, 2014, 08:16 AM
We're aware. The list is past tense, so we included reviews that we did of FCS venues. Next year, we'll do a list with those teams in our FBS rankings

You guys know that Georgetown's stadium is subject to near-universal ridicule - even by Georgetown fans themselves, right? That it's the butt of a decade-long running joke?

StadiumJourney
January 16th, 2014, 08:17 AM
How do you not visit our great stadium down in The Ville? Arguably the best in the OVC, seems like if they hit Samford and Chattanooga you could stop through Jacksonville.

I'm bummed we didn't make it to all of the venues this year. WE review more than just college football, and we simply didn't have enough people to cover all of the venues this season. We're committed to finishing our inventory of reviews for FCS as early in the season next year as possible.

MR. CHICKEN
January 16th, 2014, 08:21 AM
They've had their football program back for almost 30 years. Remember the FCS Championship they won in 2009?

18775…..DIDN'T SAY…THEY'RE NOT GOOD………ALL DUH MO' REASON…TA NOT HAVE HALF EMPTY ATTENDANCES…..&…..POOR FACILITIES'…..DOODLE-DOO!

Bogus Megapardus
January 16th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I'm bummed we didn't make it to all of the venues this year. WE review more than just college football, and we simply didn't have enough people to cover all of the venues this season. We're committed to finishing our inventory of reviews for FCS as early in the season next year as possible.

Most here agree that you should limit your FCS experience to the "Major FCS Conferences." Don't bother with the the Ivy League, the Patriot League, etc. They don't count so by definition all their stadia must suck. Really. I'm not making this up.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Most here agree that you should limit your FCS experience to the "Major FCS Conferences." Don't bother with the the Ivy League, the Patriot League, etc. They don't count so by definition all their stadia must suck. Really. I'm not making this up.

More importantly, don't get involved with this board. There is more butthurt here than a prison.

WH49er
January 16th, 2014, 08:27 AM
I guess what gets me is that an App fan wrote the review for their stadium and Western Carolina's. Throw being impartial out the window with those.

Bogus Megapardus
January 16th, 2014, 08:29 AM
butthurt

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3457/yqfq.png

darell1976
January 16th, 2014, 08:36 AM
This was most notable when the dome’s floor was crowded with volunteers filling sandbags for the flood of the Red River Valley in 2009.

I hope the Fargodome or the city of Fargo for that matter never has to see this again!!

As for the Alerus, #48 is a decent spot. Of course the product on the field is what I care about and hasn't done anything since we moved up, so hopefully as the product on the field gets better, the building will get more packed and become a great place for college football.

813Jag
January 16th, 2014, 08:56 AM
If you are looking for a passionate fan base and a fun environment to watch a football game, Rice-Totten Stadium is definitely a good place to start.
I don't usually do this but xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

kdinva
January 16th, 2014, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't wipe my arse with this list. It stinks VERY badly without my scat on it.

Johnson-Hagood #96, that's an insult. Both J-H and Foster Stadium should be in the top-35 for game day activities, history, etc... xcoffeex

Skyhawk71
January 16th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Hardy M. Graham, at UTM is not a super venue, but I promise you it is not 107- I've been to at least 25 FCS venues, and not even close to 107, you would have to be on crack to list it below Morehead or Austin Peay- not to mention some of the other dumps they listed at the top- although I give AP props on the outstanding 1930's pee wall............

mmiller_34
January 16th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Western Illinois -- #45
South Dakota State -- #69

I've been to both of these ****ty stadiums, and this is absurd.

SDSU is far above WIU in game day experience--and if we are comparing just stadiums SDSU's crappy stadium is better than WIU's crappy stadium.

msupokes1
January 16th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Cowboy stadium is not even listed. I think it is better than any other in the SLC besides Lamar. Much better than SELA.

Sammy94
January 16th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Cowboy stadium is not even listed. I think it is better than any other in the SLC besides Lamar. Much better than SELA.

I agree.

GAD
January 16th, 2014, 11:21 AM
I agree this list is a joke

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Did nobody read the above post that they have not yet visited all of the stadiums yet?

Lake Charles isn't exactly "The Crossroads of America".

Silenoz
January 16th, 2014, 12:27 PM
3. Jerry Richardson Stadium - Home of the Charlotte 49ers (http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/jerry-richardson-stadium-s1735)
4. Bobcat Stadium - Home of the Montana State Bobcats (http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/bobcat-stadium-s1381)
5. Gibbs Stadium - Home of the Wofford Terriers (http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/gibbs-stadium-s1364)
8. Seibert Stadium - Home of the Samford Bulldogs (http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/seibert-stadium-s1794)
9. Brooks Stadium - Home of the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/brooks-stadium-s1378)

10. Washington-Grizzly Stadium - Home of the Montana Grizzlies (http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/washington-grizzly-stadium-s999)

lol

I guess that's what happens when they come out for a DII snoozer... but at least we just beat out Campbell!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Recipe for a great thread

Step one: Skim the article

Step two: http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii47/drivinsouth/beaker_freak_out.gif

Silenoz
January 16th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Recipe for a great thread

Step one: Read article

Step two: Laugh at the scores (Gibbs stadium getting a 5 for atmosphere) or the overall inflated scores in general from the Southern correspondents

Step three: respond to whatever NoDak post is currently attempting to smack/rile-up/whatever

FIFY

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2014, 12:57 PM
FIFY

I know it requires you to actually read but as long as someone can provide a cogent rationale, I'll buy it.

The correspondents are regional, it appears so perhaps they have different ideas. Either way, there is a .2 difference in rating between Gibbs and WaGriz, which is the only thing you're beefing about anyway.

Silenoz
January 16th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Nice ad hominem again. "We disagree so it's because you can't read"

The ranking don't work because they used regional correspondents with different ideas.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Nice ad hominem again. "We disagree so it's because you can't read"

The ranking don't work because they used regional correspondents with different ideas.

I didn't say you couldn't read, I did you didn't read

The rankings were done by the ratings. There are tenths of a point of difference in the top 10.

I didn't write the article so I'm not taking ownership of their position. I'm merely on the side of temperance and rationality.

Resume your freak out.

The Ville
January 16th, 2014, 01:13 PM

Should have some good home games to choose from this Fall

Silenoz
January 16th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I didn't say you couldn't read, I did you didn't read

The rankings were done by the ratings. There are tenths of a point of difference in the top 10.

I didn't write the article so I'm not taking ownership of their position. I'm merely on the side of temperance and rationality.

Resume your freak out.

So, let me get this straight...

I have a problem with the rankings because I didn't bother to read/look at how they work (a scoring system beyond my grasp evidently)... despite my posts pointing out the problems with those very scores (Wofford getting a 5 for atmosphere while WaGriz gets a 4), and the small sample size of those scores (ours was collected during our Oklahoma Panhandle State game) and the manner they were collected (different regional correspondents). Thankfully you were here to correct me with temperance and rationality (your specialties) while I was busy freaking out.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2014, 01:25 PM
So, let me get this straight...

I have a problem with the rankings because I didn't bother to read/look at how they work (a scoring system beyond my grasp evidently)... despite my posts pointing out the problems with those very scores (Wofford getting a 5 for atmosphere while WaGriz gets a 4), and the small sample size of those scores (ours was collected during our Oklahoma Panhandle State game) and the manner they were collected (different regional correspondents). Thankfully you were here to correct me with temperance and rationality (your specialties) while I was busy freaking out.

I'm glad you get it.

mmiller_34
January 16th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Not to be rational or anything but it appears to be in order of what they refer to as their "Fanfare" score which takes into account all kinds of things like access and extras and stuff. WaGriz got a 3.7 and Jerry Richardson Stadium got a 4.3.Read the reviews and take a breath.

It's hard to take a breath when their reviews simply take your breath away. Read this quick overview for WIU:

"The atmosphere for Western Illinois football begins as you park your car and make your way through the tailgating. This is one destination where you definitely want to pack up the car and be ready to spend some quality time with purple and gold clad fans. You'll find enough tailgaters to make you think you may be at an FBS-level football game."

Simply. Wow.

Silenoz
January 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM
All of the shortcomings aside (which there are plenty of), I am pretty happy that these guys would take the time to take on a project of this scope for lowly FCS. It does have a lot of potential to be a great thing.

caribbeanhen
January 16th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Wagner one up on Youngstown State... just not right

Silenoz
January 16th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Another poster just pointed out MSU's review was done by... an MSU fan. Brilliant.

McNeese75
January 16th, 2014, 08:02 PM
xcoffeex Lets see, he can't get to 19 FCS stadiums which includes Cowboy Stadium. BUT, he did make it to Lamar and the crackerbox Strawberry Field.

BisonFan02
January 16th, 2014, 08:44 PM
My alma mater's field :D

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31/1097148_10151911575174723_2015886887_o.jpg

McNeese72
January 17th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Did nobody read the above post that they have not yet visited all of the stadiums yet?

And Hammond, LA and Beaumont, TX are???

lionsrking2
January 17th, 2014, 11:25 AM

Maybe not, but Hammond does sit at the intersection of I-55 (north/south) and I-12 (east/west), and is less than hour from both New Orleans and Baton Rouge ... we're far enough away to have a small town feel, yet close enough to enjoy the cultural benefits of the larger cities ... Hammond is also located on the main line of the Illinois Central Railroad ... it's a great place to live IMHO!

As for Strawberry Stadium, it may be old, and it may be small, but for my money, it's as good a place to watch a college football game as any ... sight lines are outstanding, you're right on top of the action, and when it's packed, the atmosphere can be electric ...The new video board installed before this season, made a huge difference as far as getting fans involved, and more upgrades are in the works over the next couple of years ... I dunno where it should rank nationally, but it's a helluva lot better than many of the stadiums ranked higher on this list.

Da Bison
January 17th, 2014, 11:33 AM
It's hard to take a breath when their reviews simply take your breath away. Read this quick overview for WIU:

"The atmosphere for Western Illinois football begins as you park your car and make your way through the tailgating. This is one destination where you definitely want to pack up the car and be ready to spend some quality time with purple and gold clad fans. You'll find enough tailgaters to make you think you may be at an FBS-level football game."

Simply. Wow.

I have been to a WIU game. It took all of 30 seconds to walk through the tailgaters and get to the stadium. The actual butts in the stands was about 1500 with 1/2 being Bison fans. Announced attendance was 9000. Who wrote this review???

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2014, 11:41 AM
I have been to a WIU game. It took all of 30 seconds to walk through the tailgaters and get to the stadium. The actual butts in the stands was about 1500 with 1/2 being Bison fans. Announced attendance was 9000. Who wrote this review???

Paul Swaney (http://www.stadiumjourney.com/member/paul), Stadium Journey Co-Founder.

I wonder what he was seeing. He actually gave atmosphere 3 stars which is only an average review. It seems that the text doesn't match the rating.

McNeese72
January 17th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Maybe not, but Hammond does sit at the intersection of I-55 (north/south) and I-12 (east/west), and is less than hour from both New Orleans and Baton Rouge ... we're far enough away to have a small town feel, yet close enough to enjoy the cultural benefits of the larger cities ... Hammond is also located on the main line of the Illinois Central Railroad ... it's a great place to live IMHO!

As for Strawberry Stadium, it may be old, and it may be small, but for my money, it's as good a place to watch a college football game as any ... sight lines are outstanding, you're right on top of the action, and when it's packed, the atmosphere can be electric ...The new video board installed before this season, made a huge difference as far as getting fans involved, and more upgrades are in the works over the next couple of years ... I dunno where it should rank nationally, but it's a helluva lot better than many of the stadiums ranked higher on this list.

Wasn't dissing Hammond. My point to the Bison fan was that Lake Charles isn't anymore inaccessible than Beaumont or Hammond. They can make it to Beaumont and Hammond but not to Lake Charles because it's "not exactly the crossroads of the U.S". That reason does not jive with me.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Wasn't dissing Hammond. My point to the Bison fan was that Lake Charles isn't anymore inaccessible than Beaumont or Hammond. They can make it to Beaumont and Hammond but not to Lake Charles because it's "not exactly the crossroads of the U.S". That reason does not jive with me.

It appears that it's largely contributor driven. My point is that there probably isn't some intentional reason to exclude McNeese.

BisonFan02
January 17th, 2014, 12:19 PM
If someone wants to cover the expense, I would be more than happy to review said stadium in Lake Charles. I can be swayed with food. :D

McNeese72
January 17th, 2014, 12:55 PM
If someone wants to cover the expense, I would be more than happy to review said stadium in Lake Charles. I can be swayed with food. :D

http://www.docsshots.com/f918522367

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s5/v119/p209688533-4.jpg

ngineer
January 17th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I literally laughed out loud when I saw this list with Multi-Sport Field at #21! Whoever wrote that article has their head up their arse.

lionsrking2
January 17th, 2014, 01:12 PM

I certainly understand ... didn't think that you were, just pointing out we have a lot more to offer than many perceive.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 17th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I've seen a game at 11 of the stadium listed

Bogus Megapardus
January 17th, 2014, 02:44 PM
I literally laughed out loud when I saw this list with Multi-Sport Field at #21! Whoever wrote that article has their head up their arse.

Not that it's been determined without question that Multi-Sport Field provides by far the best game experience in the Patriot League, Georgetown can drop all the studies and disregard all the calls for improvement. Nirvana has been achieved. DFW HOYA can sit back and relax, knowing that his tireless campaign has not been for naught. ;)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 17th, 2014, 02:56 PM

I would have guessed you saw games at more than 11, but then I realized that many places you attended aren't on the list because they've been replaced (SIU and Richmond), the school has dropped football (Hofstra's Shuart and Northeastern's Parsons), the school has moved up (UMass - McGuirk) or just wasn't included (Maine's Alfond). Personally, I've seen games at 21 of the listed stadiums and have visited 26 others in my travels.

Overall, I've seen UNH play in 38 venues in 21 states.

Sader87
January 17th, 2014, 02:59 PM

I think I've only been to 8 listed...which sort of surprised me. Dartmouth, Harvard, Brown, Yale, UNH, Bryant (1st time this past year), William&Mary and of course Fitton.

A couple of caveats...I saw games at the old stadia of Princeton, Lafayette and Lehigh. A few other venues have either closed for FCS football Nickerson Field and Parson Field for BU and NU respectively or have jumped up to FBS McGuirk (UMass) and UConn's FCS stadium which no longer exists. I don't think Colgate was on the list and I have been there as well.

Villanova didn't have FCS football for much of my college days, though I did see them play at Fitton in the 1970s. Surprisingly never went to a URI game there, the couple of times we have played there....like Nova, I have seen the Rhody Rams at Fitton.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 17th, 2014, 03:17 PM

Got to agree with you. The recent playoff game was one of my best road trips for a UNH football game. Great atmosphere at the game, stadium felt larger than the listed capacity, close to the field, moderate steepness to the stands, just a great place to watch a game! Add in very friendly fans at the game and during tailgating as well as the locals I met in Hammond and Ponchatoula. The day trips into New Orleans were pretty good too! :D

And did I mention Oyster Po Boys, Shrimp and Crab Gumbo, Blackened Redfish, Jambalaya, Cochon de Lait, Crawfish Etoufee, Crispy Catfish with Shrimp Sauce, Alligator Sausage, Stuffed Crab, Red Beans and Rice, etc. I don't know how I didn't gain 20 pounds!!! xlolx

caribbeanhen
January 18th, 2014, 05:51 AM
Got to agree with you. The recent playoff game was one of my best road trips for a UNH football game. Great atmosphere at the game, stadium felt larger than the listed capacity, close to the field, moderate steepness to the stands, just a great place to watch a game! Add in very friendly fans at the game and during tailgating as well as the locals I met in Hammond and Ponchatoula. The day trips into New Orleans were pretty good too! :D

And did I mention Oyster Po Boys, Shrimp and Crab Gumbo, Blackened Redfish, Jambalaya, Cochon de Lait, Crawfish Etoufee, Crispy Catfish with Shrimp Sauce, Alligator Sausage, Stuffed Crab, Red Beans and Rice, etc. I don't know how I didn't gain 20 pounds!!! xlolx

Sure beats New England Boiled dinner doesn't it now... making it to Hammond is on the bucket list

caribbeanhen
January 18th, 2014, 08:09 AM

Well when your talking FCS football, it's close enough

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 18th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Sure beats New England Boiled dinner doesn't it now... making it to Hammond is on the bucket list

Actually, I rather like a NE Boiled Dinner! Here's my St. Patrick's Day feast with New England style corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, turnip and Brussels Sprouts:

While Cowell Stadium is no reason to come to a game at UNH, you'll do pretty well in the food department in Portsmouth and the surrounding Seacoast Area -- fried whole belly clams, steamers (clams), steamed mussels, clam chowder, lobster stew, lobster bisque, seafood chowder, fish chowder, boiled/baked lobster, lobster pie, Lobster Newburg, baked/broiled/fried haddock/cod, broiled/fried sea scallops, etc. There's some good landlubber grub around too!

And a trip to URI's Meade Stadium can be supplemented with RI Style Calamari, RI Style Clam Chowder (no milk, cream or tomato, just clam broth), clam cakes, stuffies (clam, scallop or mixed seafood), etc.

Your bucket list item should be Hammond and New Orleans. A great vacation would be a week with games on the two weekends at SE LA and McNeese with trips into NOLA and Cajun Country in between!! Maybe start times would even allow a doubleheader with a game at Southern!

MR. CHICKEN
January 18th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Actually, I rather like a NE Boiled Dinner! Here's my St. Patrick's Day feast with New England style corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, turnip and Brussels Sprouts:

While Cowell Stadium is no reason to come to a game at UNH, you'll do pretty well in the food department in Portsmouth and the surrounding Seacoast Area -- fried whole belly clams, steamers (clams), steamed mussels, clam chowder, lobster stew, lobster bisque, seafood chowder, fish chowder, boiled/baked lobster, lobster pie, Lobster Newburg, baked/broiled/fried haddock/cod, broiled/fried sea scallops, etc. There's some good landlubber grub around too!

And a trip to URI's Meade Stadium can be supplemented with RI Style Calamari, RI Style Clam Chowder (no milk, cream or tomato, just clam broth), clam cakes, stuffies (clam, scallop or mixed seafood), etc.

Your bucket list item should be Hammond and New Orleans. A great vacation would be a week with games on the two weekends at SE LA and McNeese with trips into NOLA and Cajun Country in between!! Maybe start times would even allow a doubleheader with a game at Southern!

18781......YEOW-ZUH.....AN' AH'VE BEEN RELYIN'....ON DAT....RATHERUH CARDBOARD LIKE....FIBER ONE............:(.........BRAWK!

ElCid
January 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Johnson-Hagood #96, that's an insult. Both J-H and Foster Stadium should be in the top-35 for game day activities, history, etc... xcoffeex

Seriously. Who are these goons. JHS is a top 10 easily. And although VMI is a bit small, I have always liked how it fits the surroundings.

ngineer
January 18th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Not that it's been determined without question that Multi-Sport Field provides by far the best game experience in the Patriot League, Georgetown can drop all the studies and disregard all the calls for improvement. Nirvana has been achieved. DFW HOYA can sit back and relax, knowing that his tireless campaign has not been for naught. ;)

Yes, the portable 'restroom' they have creates such an odiferous ambiance, I presume it was a great cover for the smell of 'burning leaves' wafting from the author's nostrils.

Sandlapper Spike
January 18th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Seriously. Who are these goons. JHS is a top 10 easily. And although VMI is a bit small, I have always liked how it fits the surroundings.

When I first started going through the list, I assumed that JHS was one of the 19 places the reviewers had not been. I couldn't believe it when I saw that it was no. 96. Just a joke of a list.

DFW HOYA
January 18th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Hammond is also located on the main line of the Illinois Central Railroad ... it's a great place to live IMHO!

A location aside a freight line is not exactly an endorsement. Still, Hammond is what it is and it's a nice diversion from some of the other SLC schools.

DFW HOYA
January 18th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Yes, the portable 'restroom' they have creates such an odiferous ambiance, I presume it was a great cover for the smell of 'burning leaves' wafting from the author's nostrils.

Call it progress. No room for restrooms atop the former Kehoe Field.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/4767521241_f5dde918a8_m.jpg

mmiller_34
January 18th, 2014, 07:52 PM

That was my experience as well. SDSU even played on their homecoming this year, I think.

saxbison
January 18th, 2014, 10:12 PM
All other arguments aside, I feel dirty that the Fargodome is ahead of WaGriz, simply because of the historic atmosphere of Montana's stadium. When I was a student, the dome was a church, whose change came in the UNI game in 2011. WaGriz has kept a comparable intensity for as long as I can remember.

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2014, 11:04 PM
My alma mater's field :D

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31/1097148_10151911575174723_2015886887_o.jpg

THE UUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

All other arguments aside, I feel dirty that the Fargodome is ahead of WaGriz, simply because of the historic atmosphere of Montana's stadium. When I was a student, the dome was a church, whose change came in the UNI game in 2011. WaGriz has kept a comparable intensity for as long as I can remember.

Incorrect. NDSU intensity for football changed the day NDSU hosted it's first DI playoff game. There were spurts of great atmospheres in the 2000's beforehand, like the SHSU come from behind win, and a few other great Steve Walker games, but there was a very real feeling of electricity when I walked into the Robert Morris playoff game in 2010.

BisonFan02
January 18th, 2014, 11:05 PM
THE UUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Haha! Don't be hatin' on Taylor Stadium! It is actually a really nice stadium (pic not of home side :D ) and campus.

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Haha! Don't be hatin' on Taylor Stadium! It is actually a really nice stadium (pic not of home side :D ) and campus.

Never said I was hating my friend. Not once. Also, we should hit up BWW's or something soon. You still have K State kid, hope he's been kept warm. :D

BisonFan02
January 18th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Never said I was hating my friend. Not once. Also, we should hit up BWW's or something soon. You still have K State kid, hope he's been kept warm. :D

K State Kid is in good hands....we will have to figure something out soon again.

seantaylor
January 18th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Actually like Georgetowns stadium. The ambience and the area are top notch. They need to put money into football. Could easily thrive in that market.

Cocky
January 19th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Another poster just pointed out MSU's review was done by... an MSU fan. Brilliant.
Which MSU?

caribbeanhen
January 20th, 2014, 07:02 AM

The seafood list is making me hungry, I know what you mean ... A few years ago happened across Rockport, Ma and had the best fried clams you could imagine

813Jag
January 20th, 2014, 09:43 AM
and it's not like Beaumont is less than an hour from Lake Charles xlolx

Nugget49er
January 20th, 2014, 02:26 PM
3. Jerry Richardson Stadium - Home of the Charlotte 49ers (http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/jerry-richardson-stadium-s1735)

We are putting in $1 million worth of HD TV lighting this off-season. Can we be #2 next year? ;)