PDA

View Full Version : I would like to see something like this - CAA vs MVFC to open up the season

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2014, 06:45 AM
What if Opening Day 2014 looked something like this? The CAA vs MFVC challenge

Maine at Youngstown State - I don't know if these two blue collar teams have ever meet but it would be a very nice FCS game. Both teams that fizzeled down the stretch meet up and at least one of them gets back on track, but seeing how the Penguins lost to South Dak State by a lot, and Maine's only FCS loss was to New Hampshire, have to go with Maine on this one in old fashioned slug fest in the rust belt.

New Hampshire at South Dakota State - as this game is being played in the summer time, no cold field help for the Dakota team. Although certainly not a given, I think UNH takes this game merely based on the fact the EWU knocked the snot out of the vastly over rated Jack Rabbits, but this would be a great game and I admit I cant predict the final seconds but coin flip goes to the CAA.

Villanova at Southern Illinois - Nova is a tough team to figure out, looked great at times but should not be losing to JMU and just lost to many football games for a team with that QB. I'll give this one to the Salukis in yet another great FCS game. But don't think Nova might Blow them out, it's just not easy for hens fans to pick Nova in football games.

Missouri State at Richmond - who knows what would happen in this match up - both teams finished the season strong after slows starts and surprisingly Mizzu State (I admit I know nothing about this team) actually beat S Dak State.. but is that really a big deal? Richmond has some real good skill players and would prove to much in the end for the upstart.

Illinois State at William & Mary - What has happened at Illinois State? Is this not the team that beat Appy in Boone a few years ago? a quick scan of there sked shows they beat no one (*but Northern Iowa had injuries Clenz) in 2013. William wins this game purely on Defense.

South Dakota at Delaware - This is where the CAA starts to show it is actually the better conference, depth. South Dak State (I know it's a different team) made a visit to Newark a few years ago and looked rather pedestrian against a pedestrian Hens team, but the Delaware pedestrian is of a higher quality of football than Valley pedestrian, Delaware wins this game rather handily.

Stony Brook at Northern Iowa - I guess graduation hit Stony hard as it was just a few years ago they were making some noise (should of beat Sammy) anyway, I'll concede this game to Northern Iowa but only if healthy.

Western Illinois at James Madison - Western Illini had a rough year and beat Quicny and a MEAC team, Wow! JMU not much better but because I'm biased towards the CAA, JMU will win this game and it's not really that close.

Rhode Island at Indiana State - No go Bowl.... just an ugly game but without much thought Indiana State pulls out a hard fought victory, after all they did stay at a Holiday Inn last .......... I mean they beat the Bison.

And why not start out the year with a re-match of the Championship game...

Towson at North Dakota State - same result, winner is the Fargo team and will remain so until they get back to where they once belong..... FBS.

So even though the CAA is not what it used to be, the way I see it the CAA wins the challenge 6 to 4
* was biased on 2 picks for each conference
also left Albany out - they can play Elon

Mattymc727
January 6th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Very cool idea. Would be a lot of fun. I never see it happening though.

Gil Dobie
January 6th, 2014, 07:35 AM
SDSU tried a home and home with Delaware once :(

MR. CHICKEN
January 6th, 2014, 08:25 AM
SDSU tried a home and home with Delaware once :(

18746…..WASN'T DUH DEAL….TWO GAMES @ DELAWARE…..TA ONE GAME OUT WEST?….AN' AFTER BLUEHEN W………SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE…SAID UNCLE?….JES' ASKIN'….MIGHT BE WRONG….TOO MANY PASSWORDS/PINS/PERSONALITIES….SWIRLIN' INSIDE MAH NOGGIN'……xdontknowx….AWK!

melloware13
January 6th, 2014, 09:11 AM
If the 2010 Delaware team was "pedestrian", I'd hate to see a good Hens team can put up...

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2014, 09:47 AM
If the 2010 Delaware team was "pedestrian", I'd hate to see a good Hens team can put up...

Ah, good catch, I was mis-remembering the Delaware vs South Dakota State game was in 2009, but yes it was 2010.

KUlawJack
January 6th, 2014, 10:03 AM

Maine at Youngstown State - I don't know if these two blue collar teams have ever meet but it would be a very nice FCS game. Both teams that fizzeled down the stretch meet up and at least one of them gets back on track, but seeing how the Penguins lost to South Dak State by a lot, and Maine's only FCS loss was to New Hampshire, have to go with Maine on this one in old fashioned slug fest in the rust belt.

New Hampshire at South Dakota State - as this game is being played in the summer time, no cold field help for the Dakota team. Although certainly not a given, I think UNH takes this game merely based on the fact the EWU knocked the snot out of the vastly over rated Jack Rabbits, but this would be a great game and I admit I cant predict the final seconds but coin flip goes to the CAA.

Villanova at Southern Illinois - Nova is a tough team to figure out, looked great at times but should not be losing to JMU and just lost to many football games for a team with that QB. I'll give this one to the Salukis in yet another great FCS game. But don't think Nova might Blow them out, it's just not easy for hens fans to pick Nova in football games.

Missouri State at Richmond - who knows what would happen in this match up - both teams finished the season strong after slows starts and surprisingly Mizzu State (I admit I know nothing about this team) actually beat S Dak State.. but is that really a big deal? Richmond has some real good skill players and would prove to much in the end for the upstart.

Illinois State at William & Mary - What has happened at Illinois State? Is this not the team that beat Appy in Boone a few years ago? a quick scan of there sked shows they beat no one (*but Northern Iowa had injuries Clenz) in 2013. William wins this game purely on Defense.

South Dakota at Delaware - This is where the CAA starts to show it is actually the better conference, depth. South Dak State (I know it's a different team) made a visit to Newark a few years ago and looked rather pedestrian against a pedestrian Hens team, but the Delaware pedestrian is of a higher quality of football than Valley pedestrian, Delaware wins this game rather handily.

Stony Brook at Northern Iowa - I guess graduation hit Stony hard as it was just a few years ago they were making some noise (should of beat Sammy) anyway, I'll concede this game to Northern Iowa but only if healthy.

Western Illinois at James Madison - Western Illini had a rough year and beat Quicny and a MEAC team, Wow! JMU not much better but because I'm biased towards the CAA, JMU will win this game and it's not really that close.

Rhode Island at Indiana State - No go Bowl.... just an ugly game but without much thought Indiana State pulls out a hard fought victory, after all they did stay at a Holiday Inn last .......... I mean they beat the Bison.

Towson at North Dakota State - same result, winner is the Fargo team and will remain so until they get back to where they once belong..... FBS.

So even though the CAA is not what it used to be, the way I see it the CAA wins the challenge 6 to 4

Vastly overrated? We were ranked something like 13th to end the regular season weren't we? Didn't we get beat by the number 3 seed in the round of 16? Seems like we were ranked pretty appropriately to end the season.

Also, Jackrabbits is one word, just for future reference.

superman7515
January 6th, 2014, 10:07 AM
18746…..WASN'T DUH DEAL….TWO GAMES @ DELAWARE…..TA ONE GAME OUT WEST?….AN' AFTER BLUEHEN W………SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE…SAID UNCLE?….JES' ASKIN'….MIGHT BE WRONG….TOO MANY PASSWORDS/PINS/PERSONALITIES….SWIRLIN' INSIDE MAH NOGGIN'……xdontknowx….AWK!

Yes it was 2 in Delaware for 1 in South Dakota, and after the first game, SDSU and UD agreed it was too expensive with the economy in the shape it was a few years ago to continue the series.

semobison
January 6th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Vastly overrated? We were ranked something like 13th to end the regular season weren't we? Didn't we get beat by the number 3 seed in the round of 16? Seems like we were ranked pretty appropriately to end the season.

Also, Jackrabbits is one word, just for future reference.

The Jacks are a top 8 team IMO and would have roughed up UNH! Our game against SDSU was tied after 3 quarters. We scored 13 in the 4th to win 20-0. Against UNH we had run off 45 unanswered by the end of the 3rd and our 2nd string was coming on to the field. Towson and SDSU would have been a good game this year!

McNeese75
January 6th, 2014, 11:11 AM
How often do the CAA teams fill their OCC schedules with anyone other than schools in the northeast? I'm betting not very often.

KUlawJack
January 6th, 2014, 11:20 AM
The Jacks are a top 8 team IMO and would have roughed up UNH! Our game against SDSU was tied after 3 quarters. We scored 13 in the 4th to win 20-0. Against UNH we had run off 45 unanswered by the end of the 3rd and our 2nd string was coming on to the field. Towson and SDSU would have been a good game this year!

I think it was 7-0 midway through the 4th. Two Brock Jensen 3rd down scrambles in the 4th really broke our back. Defense played pretty well until that point, but were just too worn down. Offense couldn't do ****. Common theme that many have encountered against NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2014, 11:23 AM

IMO, Towson would have steam rolled SDSU. SDSU's defense was a few notches below the Bison and they would have had a tough time against that Towson O-line.

lionsrking2
January 6th, 2014, 11:25 AM

I don't know about that ... we played them both and I thought UNH was a little better. Of course a lot of it comes down to how teams match up individually, not to mention we played UNH without our starting center, no healthy running backs and a QB with a partially torn thumb ligament on his throwing hand that required surgery. Plus we had a couple of defensive starters go down midway through the year who played vs SDSU but not UNH. It would be a good game for sure.

Wallace
January 6th, 2014, 11:30 AM
... I was mis-remembering....

xhomerx lol at this thread

(I remember making this smiley)

semobison
January 6th, 2014, 01:13 PM
IMO, Towson would have steam rolled SDSU. SDSU's defense was a few notches below the Bison and they would have had a tough time against that Towson O-line.

Offensively we had a tough three quarters against the Jacks rushing for only 102 yards. We wore them down and ran for 160 yards in the 4th quarter. I doubt Towson would have steam rolled them. Wear them out, yeah, quite possibly!

centennial
January 6th, 2014, 01:35 PM
SDSU would have matched well with towson. With EWU it was Adams that got them a victory, so many blown up plays that he scrambled or threw for a touchdown. NDSU did have more trouble with SDSU than Towson. IMO going for that fake punt when a yard(on 4th) was needed lost them the game against EWU.

Bisonator
January 6th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I would like to see more OOC matchups between power conference teams but I don't know how you make it happen. Schools and fans want home games. We've tried to sign H/H deals with schools and the return games get bought out then we are left scrambling. I thought the early weekend ESPN package would have been a good idea but doesn't sound like that is gonna happen either. Would like to see some scheduling alliance but how do you get it done?

UNHWildcat18
January 6th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I think it was 7-0 midway through the 4th. Two Brock Jensen 3rd down scrambles in the 4th really broke our back. Defense played pretty well until that point, but were just too worn down. Offense couldn't do ****. Common theme that many have encountered against NDSU.

wait wait wait SO the 2nd placed SDSU team who got crushed by EWU who lost to towson with them having a backup would rough up UNH.......please. NDSU is in a league of their own and playing in that dome must suck for all teams. outside that place SDSU would not Crush UNH

Mattymc727
January 6th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I think SDSU v UNH would be a fun game.

Because it wont happen anytime soon, all we have to go by is SELA fans. One already stated he thought UNH was a little better! We Win!!!!

Mattymc727
January 6th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Im definitely biased, but to me, I feel like the CAA has more "good" teams than the Valley. However the Valley has the best team of all time, and a couple good teams.

Greatest Team echelon:

NDSU

Good Team echelon:

CAA: UNH, Maine, W&M, Towson, Delaware, Nova

MVFC: SDSU, Youngstown, UNI

KUlawJack
January 6th, 2014, 04:25 PM
wait wait wait SO the 2nd placed SDSU team who got crushed by EWU who lost to towson with them having a backup would rough up UNH.......please. NDSU is in a league of their own and playing in that dome must suck for all teams. outside that place SDSU would not Crush UNH

Why'd you quote me? I never said that at all. I said that we weren't overrated, considering we lost to EWU, the 3rd seed while we were ranked about 13. I thought our ranking was appropriate. I only relayed what I recalled about the NDSU game being a good one until we wore down, which they do to everyone.

I do think a game between SDSU and UNH would be a good one.

UNH Fanboi
January 6th, 2014, 04:49 PM
A lot of these matchups would be very different in 2013 vs 2014. I think UNI, Nova and Richmond are poised to improve next year whereas NDSU and Towson are going to drop off.

centennial
January 6th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Im definitely biased, but to me, I feel like the CAA has more "good" teams than the Valley. However the Valley has the best team of all time, and a couple good teams.

Greatest Team echelon:

NDSU

Good Team echelon:

I would add SIU to that list. Illinois state, MSU and SD are also solid teams. The only walk over is Indiana State.

jacoj21
January 6th, 2014, 05:14 PM

Delaware very well could beat South Dakota, but not as easy as you might think. South Dakota, aside from what their record states, was pretty competitive in the games they played.

semobison
January 6th, 2014, 05:36 PM

Greatest Team echelon:

NDSU

Good Team echelon:

Your are biased! CAA get a couple of teams in the Semi's and they get cocky! NDSU beat your two semi teams by an average of 33 points. In our 8 MVFC games we won by an average of 22.6 points. SDSU, YSU, UNI, MSU, ISUR and USD were all good teams! That does not mean UNH was a bad team, but that the mid pack Valley teams were not pushovers.....I would love to see OOC matchups between the FCS power conferences, it would be good for the FCS!

Bisonator
January 6th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I think SDSU, UNI, YSU and SIU are good teams. MSU and USD were improved but I'm not ready to call them "good" yet. ISUr took a step back. I didn't see WIU play so can't really comment on them. ISUb was pathetic.

I think the CAA and MVFC are fairly even with respect to good to bad teams. Still plenty of ECB out there...

centennial
January 6th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Your are biased! CAA get a couple of teams in the Semi's and they get cocky! NDSU beat your two semi teams by an average of 33 points. In our 8 MVFC games we won by an average of 22.6 points. SDSU, YSU, UNI, MSU, ISUR and USD were all good teams! That does not mean UNH was a bad team, but that the mid pack Valley teams were not pushovers.....I would love to see OOC matchups between the FCS power conferences, it would be good for the FCS!
Wait for the argument that MVFC knows us better so they play us better; in reality the CAA is heads and shoulders above MVFC with NDSU the best team. The computers also lie about MVFC being a better conference, its all mid-west bias. Also, the selection committee comes from the mid-west picking our undeserving teams over 4-5 teams from the CAA every year. Maine should have won the NC for beating UMass anyway..

clenz
January 6th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I think SDSU, UNI, YSU and SIU are good teams. MSU and USD were improved but I'm not ready to call them "good" yet. ISUr took a step back. I didn't see WIU play so can't really comment on them. ISUb was pathetic.

I think the CAA and MVFC are fairly even with respect to good to bad teams. Still plenty of ECB out there...
WIU was a step behind USD/MSU but about 8 steps ahead of ISUb

Bisonwinagn
January 6th, 2014, 08:44 PM
All you have to do is look at the GPI of each team and figure out who would have been favored this year. How many wins would the CAA get? 3 The bottom teams in the league. No need for debate this year, but next year could very well be different.

Rank, League, Total Average

1. Missouri Valley Football Conference (27.11)

1. N Dakota St (1.14)

W

7T. S Dakota St (8.14)

W

12T. Northern Iowa (15.86)

W

12T. Youngstown St (15.86)

W

14. S Illinois (17.00)

W

27. Missouri St (25.71)

W

28. Illinois St (26.00)

W

47. South Dakota (41.57)

L

53. W Illinois (45.86)

L

94. Indiana St (74.00)

L

2. Colonial Athletic Association (34.23)

5. Towson (6.00)

L

9. Maine (10.00)

L

19. New Hampshire (19.57)

L

20. Villanova (19.86)

L

24. William & Mary (23.57)

L

37. Richmond (33.29)

L

39. Delaware (35.43)

L

42. James Madison (36.71)

W

43. Stony Brook (37.14)

W

88. Rhode Island (72.29)

W

achrist70
January 6th, 2014, 08:51 PM
A few things with this

1. Great idea, but will never happen, week 1 is too often for a money game
2. NDSU won't win the MVFC next year
3. The Valley is leaps and bounds above the CAA, this isn't 2007

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM
A few things with this

3. The Valley is leaps and bounds above the CAA, this isn't 2007

Bison will be right there next year.

BisonHype!
January 6th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Bison will be right there next year.

Agreed. We will be there. I am not saying a guaranteed win of the MVFC, but we will be tough next year yet. UNI is probably the favorite, but still some big time talent back for NDSU.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mattymc727
January 7th, 2014, 06:48 AM

It might just be possible that NDSU played better football in the playoffs than some of those conference regular season games.... Some teams do perform better when it matters. I think the closer games in conference are meaningless.

Mattymc727
January 7th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Wait for the argument that MVFC knows us better so they play us better; in reality the CAA is heads and shoulders above MVFC with NDSU the best team. The computers also lie about MVFC being a better conference, its all mid-west bias. Also, the selection committee comes from the mid-west picking our undeserving teams over 4-5 teams from the CAA every year. Maine should have won the NC for beating UMass anyway..

Other than the Maine comment, you took the words right out of my mouth!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 7th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Agreed. We will be there. I am not saying a guaranteed win of the MVFC, but we will be tough next year yet. UNI is probably the favorite, but still some big time talent back for NDSU.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Agree that UNI will be the favorite. They have a ton of players coming back. With 14 starters coming back, the Bison will be in contention IMO.

ccd494
January 7th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I don't think Maine will ever agree to play Youngstown again after the scheduling debacle early last decade.

semobison
January 7th, 2014, 09:12 AM
It might just be possible that NDSU played better football in the playoffs than some of those conference regular season games.... Some teams do perform better when it matters. I think the closer games in conference are meaningless.

That might be possible. But come on, 52 unanswered points! USD gave us a better game and we played very well that day. It could also be possible that 5 or 6 teams in the Valley were as good or better than UNH!..... Come on now, I know sometimes things snowball in a college football game but this CAA is better than MVFC is a load of crap and you are only digging yourself a bigger hole! You had a good season and most likely a better team than what showed up in Fargo! Congrats on finally making the semi's!

UNHWildcat18
January 7th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Semobison you need to understand that conference mates are always going to play each other tougher than a team coming to the Fargo dome for the first time. They may always lose to you but they are used to the style of play and the atmosphere...IMO anyways

UNHWildcat18
January 7th, 2014, 09:43 AM
That might be possible. But come on, 52 unanswered points! USD gave us a better game and we played very well that day. It could also be possible that 5 or 6 teams in the Valley were as good or better than UNH!..... Come on now, I know sometimes things snowball in a college football game but this CAA is better than MVFC is a load of crap and you are only digging yourself a bigger hole! You had a good season and most likely a better team than what showed up in Fargo! Congrats on finally making the semi's!

Also NDSU is in a league of their own you take them out and id take the top 5 teams in caa over the other top 5 teams in the MVC. Don't toot your horn for your conference just because you have the big 12 winner in it....

X-Factor
January 7th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Agree that UNI will be the favorite. They have a ton of players coming back. With 14 starters coming back, the Bison will be in contention IMO.

No, UNI is a show - me story, nothing more. The last 3-4 years they have flopped. Until proven otherwise they are #2. They have a chance to prove it next year, let them do that

semobison
January 7th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Also NDSU is in a league of their own you take them out and id take the top 5 teams in caa over the other top 5 teams in the MVC. Don't toot your horn for your conference just because you have the big 12 winner in it....

In my last post I was giving you a break. What are you basing your CAA superiority on? East coast bias, or I call it ignorance! I stated facts, from results, not to mention computer polls etc...etc. I have always said the CAA is a good conference but I take offense to anyone saying their conference was better this year than the MVFC and have no facts or reason to back up their statement. Especially when your team came to Fargo and pissed down their leg!

RabidRabbit
January 7th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I'm all for the two conference commissioners getting together, and match-up the two leagues top to bottom from the previous year, for the 3rd Sat. of Sept. This will provide great OOC tests against quality opponents, and lock up a game each season.

SDSU and Delaware mutually agreed to cancel the other two games in their scheduled 2-4-1 deal. Delaware did it so that they could add the Del St game relationship, and still get to their 6 (or 7) home games. SDSU's situation had changed from needing 8 OOC games (as a member of the GWFC) to needing only 3 games as a MVFC school, therefore, the Jacks are getting out of 2-4-1 deals. If there are 2-4-1's in SDSU future, it will be a school coming to Brookings twice. Most will be home/home exchanges in the future.

SDSU had probably the toughest match-ups in the 2013 play-offs of any non-seeded team. If Jacks hadn't totally botched a (poorly executed) fake punt, that game in Cheney may have had a very different outcome. Much like the Championship Game would have been a very different game if Towson had kicked the FG successfully in the 2nd quarter, rather than NDSU block and score one play later.

Under regionalization, SDSU/NDSU/USD will 95% of time end up vs a Big Sky or a Southland team in the first or second round, because they aren't within 400 miles of anybody else. Don't take the lack of ability to get to the semi's entirely on the Jacks being soft. Match Jacks vs ANY OTHER FIRST ROUND losing team, and Jacks would have been winners again. Put Jacks vs 5-8 in seeds, and it would have been a very close game. I'd have loved to see Jacks vs Towson. These teams were nearly identical in how they played the game this season. Granted, it was a year apart, but SDSU dismantled EIU in similar fashion in 2012 play-offs as Towson did this year.

UNH Fanboi
January 7th, 2014, 11:42 AM

The MVFC was better than CAA this year, mostly because NDSU was such a juggernaut at the top. But to say that there may be 6 teams in the MVFC better than UNH is just complete nonsense.

thebootfitter
January 7th, 2014, 12:20 PM
The MVFC was better than CAA this year, mostly because NDSU was such a juggernaut at the top. But to say that there may be 6 teams in the MVFC better than UNH is just complete nonsense.
Just for a matter of perspective, Sagarin's predictor score has 3 MVFC teams ahead of UNH, with the next two in line right behind UNH also MVFC teams. Sagarin is not perfect, but is typically a very fair predictor of match ups.

My guess is that UNH would have had a similar record in the MVFC as they did in the CAA.

centennial
January 7th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Other than the Maine comment, you took the words right out of my mouth!!
Your CAA delusions continue. I watched ALL of NDSU games this year. There were multiple teams in the valley that would have taken UNH out. You do realize that we invoked the mercy rule on your team? We could have easily taken your team down 72-7. There were no teams in the valley except Indiana State that played so poorly. Is it not enough that the selection committee selects 4-5 teams from the CAA when you guys are the top conference and 2 teams when we are in the same position?

mainejeff
January 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM

Why are all of the New England teams on the road?xrolleyesx

mainejeff
January 7th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I don't think Maine will ever agree to play Youngstown again after the scheduling debacle early last decade.

What debacle are you referring to?

UNH Fanboi
January 7th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Your CAA delusions continue. I watched ALL of NDSU games this year. There were multiple teams in the valley that would have taken UNH out. You do realize that we invoked the mercy rule on your team? We could have easily taken your team down 72-7. There were no teams in the valley except Indiana State that played so poorly. Is it not enough that the selection committee selects 4-5 teams from the CAA when you guys are the top conference and 2 teams when we are in the same position?

Multiple teams would have taken UNH out, or would have a chance at taking them out? UNH would be about even with SDSU. The mythical, uninjured UNI team might be favored against UNH, but not the UNI team that actually existed in real life.

Who else do you think matches up well with UNH? Youngstown? Decent team, but their only decent win was a one point win over SIU. I don't see any evidence that they would be clear favorites over UNH. SIU? Another decent team, but again, there's nothing on their resume indicating that they would be clear favorites over UNH. Am I missing anyone? Do we need to move on to the MVFC teams who had losing records?

Mattymc727
January 7th, 2014, 12:57 PM

It was a joke dude. Pure Sarcasm. You have your opinions, i have mine. There is no right answer. Its like politics.

centennial
January 7th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Multiple teams would have taken UNH out, or would have a chance at taking them out? UNH would be about even with SDSU. The mythical, uninjured UNI team might be favored against UNH, but not the UNI team that actually existed in real life.

Who else do you think matches up well with UNH? Youngstown? Decent team, but their only decent win was a one point win over SIU. I don't see any evidence that they would be clear favorites over UNH. SIU? Another decent team, but again, there's nothing on there resume indicating that they would be clear favorites over UNH. Am I missing anyone? Do we need to move on to the MVFC teams who had losing records.
I would have you losing against SDSU, UNI, SIU, MSU at the end of the year.

UNHWildcat18
January 7th, 2014, 02:15 PM
In my last post I was giving you a break. What are you basing your CAA superiority on? East coast bias, or I call it ignorance! I stated facts, from results, not to mention computer polls etc...etc. I have always said the CAA is a good conference but I take offense to anyone saying their conference was better this year than the MVFC and have no facts or reason to back up their statement. Especially when your team came to Fargo and pissed down their leg!

Cause any team really fared better vs. you guys this year at all in that damn dome.. Good one though gramps.

RabidRabbit
January 7th, 2014, 02:26 PM
If you followed strictly, and only, the MVFC seeding criteria, Missouri St. would have been the #2 seed from the MVFC in 2013. Unfortunately for da Bears, they played horrible in OOC. Jacks played into the play-offs largely off a missed FG by the UNI All-conference placekicker.

As an interested FCS follower, I have appreciated SDSU's "we'll play anybody" attitude since moving up from D-II. I'd like the east coasters to start home and homes by coming to Brookings. Jacks can get teams to play away, but to get the play-back game in Brookings has been a struggle for anybody not an ex-Great West or a Southland school. (Do want to say thanks to Ga Southern for making the journey after two games in Statesboro).

RabidRabbit
January 7th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Cause any team really fared better vs. you guys this year at all in that damn dome.. Good one though gramps.

Um, yes - Check out the UNI game at the FargoDome.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Why are all of the New England teams on the road?xrolleyesx

Because in late August early September, not many NE folk are thinking about college football, it's all about the Red Sox!!! Not to mention the away side aluminum Bleachers

jacksfan29
January 7th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Actually it won't happen because the CAA doesn't travel east of the Mississippi.

The MVFC next year.

#1 UNI
#2 NDSU
#3 SDSU
#4 SIU

UNI come back loaded. NDSU has some leadership holes to fill and a new coach, but they have a lot of talent coming back. SDSU needs to prove we can replace some key lineman on both sides. SIU will be solid be they are seeing a lot of assistant turnover. Should be interesting.

UOTE=achrist70;2085186]A few things with this

3. The Valley is leaps and bounds above the CAA, this isn't 2007[/QUOTE]

frozennorth
January 7th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Actually it won't happen because the CAA doesn't travel east of the Mississippi.

The MVFC next year.

#1a UNI
#1b NDSU
#1c SDSU
#4 SIU

now watch as MSU wins the conference next year

Tribal
January 7th, 2014, 05:20 PM
How often do the CAA teams fill their OCC schedules with anyone other than schools in the northeast? I'm betting not very often.

I'm guessing you mean OOC FCS opponents as W&M and JMU normally play ACC programs from North Carolina to Maryland/WVU. W&M usually plays one OOC game against a team in Virginia (i.e. Hampton, VMI, Liberty, or Norfolk St) and VA isn't in the northeast. That's every year.

lionsrking2
January 7th, 2014, 07:25 PM
and VA isn't in the northeast.

Compared to Lake Charles, Louisiana it is. xsmiley_wix

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Compared to Lake Charles, Louisiana it is. xsmiley_wix

Would like to see Delaware head down to Hammond for a home and home, but I'll probably make it down before the Hens do...

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16414

lionsrking2
January 7th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Would like to see Delaware head down to Hammond for a home and home, but I'll probably make it down before the Hens do...

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16414

Would love to play Delaware in a home and home. We're still looking for two opponents on August 30 and September 6.

mainejeff
January 7th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Because in late August early September, not many NE folk are thinking about college football, it's all about the Red Sox!!! Not to mention the away side aluminum Bleachers

Well F that then.....chitty idea.

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Well F that then.....chitty idea.

well in the spirit of Geographical correctness we can stick a game up in Orono for you Jeff

Herder
January 10th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Try as they like, even the Sports Networks Folks can't fool intelligent people in 2013 that the CAA is on par with the MVFC. Yes, the east coast biased polls would try to tell you different, but don't be fooled.

Also, all the games in a CAA vs. MVFC challenage would need to be be at the home of the CAA team. I don't think the CAA can travel to the MVFC locations on one tank of gas, can they?

ccd494
January 10th, 2014, 12:52 PM
What debacle are you referring to?

Wasn't it YSU that backed out of a trip to Orono and caused Maine to have to schedule William Penn at the last minute?

Houndawg
January 10th, 2014, 04:24 PM
No, UNI is a show - me story, nothing more. The last 3-4 years they have flopped. Until proven otherwise they are #2. They have a chance to prove it next year, let them do that

SIU owns them.xcoffeex

UNHWildcat18
January 11th, 2014, 12:46 AM
Try as they like, even the Sports Networks Folks can't fool intelligent people in 2013 that the CAA is on par with the MVFC. Yes, the east coast biased polls would try to tell you different, but don't be fooled.

Also, all the games in a CAA vs. MVFC challenage would need to be be at the home of the CAA team. I don't think the CAA can travel to the MVFC locations on one tank of gas, can they?

lol........... Congrats you have a bison team way out of anyones league. its like if Alabama went to the MAC, doesn't mean the MAC is better than the teams in the sunbelt they just have one big ass anomaly(granted mac and sunbelt were ranked about even) 2nd placed MVFC SDSU vs EWU 41-17 LOSS @ EWU. 2nd placed CAA Towson with a backup for second half @EWU WINS 35-31 No one is denying NDSU is the greatest team in the FCS by a far margin. Doesn't mean the rest of the pack is better than the rest of the other conferences for playing them tougher in conference games in and out every year, than a team that goes to the FARGO dome for the first time in a high stakes playoff scenario. I'm sure they'd come if you payed for the second tank of gas xthumbsupx

mainejeff
January 11th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Wasn't it YSU that backed out of a trip to Orono and caused Maine to have to schedule William Penn at the last minute?

May have been but I do know that Maine and YSU completed a home & home as well.