PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Open FINAL VOTE 2013 POLL

AGSPoll
January 4th, 2014, 05:15 PM
The AGS Poll is now open and accepting ballots for Week 12's Top 25. Remember to vote early and check your PM's in case there are any duplicates or anything we need to contact you about. If you accidentally vote for the same team twice, leave a line blank, or don't rank all the way to 25, we can't count your vote. The banner will be up in a little bit, but until then, simply click on the red VOTE HERE link in my signature.

This poll will close at 12p ET on Monday as it normally does and will be released around 1p ET also as normal.

Probably not a lot of discussion but there will be some so it can be had in this thread. Please don't post your ballot until after the thread for the AGS Poll rankings is released.

thebootfitter
January 4th, 2014, 11:32 PM
I don't vote in the poll, but I would have to think that picking/ordering the top 10 or so after NDSU will be tough. I think Towson certainly deserves top consideration for #2, but it does start getting a little fuzzy after that in my opinion.

ngineer
January 4th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I don't vote in the poll, but I would have to think that picking/ordering the top 10 or so after NDSU will be tough. I think Towson certainly deserves top consideration for #2, but it does start getting a little fuzzy after that in my opinion.

Fuzzy?! Howabout downright dense blanket of fog over everyone?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 5th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Fuzzy?! Howabout downright dense blanket of fog over everyone?

Yeah, outside the top two or so it gets no easier to really compare for the most part.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 5th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Is there a reason a lot of you guys are leaving Furman completely off your ballots?

paward
January 5th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Is there a reason a lot of you guys are leaving Furman completely off your ballots?

Left off this week or all year?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 5th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Left off this week or all year?
I'm only concerned with and/or asking about the current vote. Yours is fixed.

superman7515
January 6th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Just a little over 3 hours left to get those votes in.

http://www.catalist.us/www/img/rtv.png

(That's probably meaningless to those of you too young to remember when MTV was relevant)

Professor Chaos
January 6th, 2014, 09:10 AM

For me, it's mostly because of their 6 losses and after Samford layed an egg in the playoffs their wins don't really stand out. Samford, GSU, and SCSU are ok but nothing spectacular. Not enough to justify them in my top 25 with an 8-6 overall record.

I think the early playoff rounds are given too much weight in the final poll just because the teams playing in those rounds played more recently than the teams left out of the playoffs. In my poll teams 20-25 didn't make the playoffs but in my opinion those teams all would've done just as good or better than Furman did in the playoffs (beat SCSU then get blown out by NDSU) and they all had better regular season resumes in my view.

superman7515
January 6th, 2014, 09:33 AM
I think the early playoff rounds are given too much weight in the final poll just because the teams playing in those rounds played more recently than the teams left out of the playoffs.

Agreed. For example, there was no way I was putting Lafayette in, even though they managed to get the autobid. There were plenty of better options.

paward
January 6th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Agreed. For example, there was no way I was putting Lafayette in, even though they managed to get the autobid. There were plenty of better options.

I do agree with you but the number one objective is to make play offs.

superman7515
January 7th, 2014, 08:39 AM
The number one objective of the teams is to win the championship, and yes you do have to make the playoffs to do that, but the number one objective of this poll is to rank the 25 best teams in the FCS. Lafayette was not one of them and did not deserve a single vote, even though they received some based solely off the fact that they made the playoffs with a losing record and then proceeded to get their lunch money taken.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qYdapUdRyZA/TTBAWZHIphI/AAAAAAAAAvg/jcEEOYmiBNw/s1600/dennisgreen.jpg

They are who we thought they were... and that ain't Top 25.