PDA

View Full Version : Garoppolo Wins The Payton

Mr. C
December 16th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Stats rule again

Jimmy Garoppolo is the Payton Award winner.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Big shocker. xlolx

Congratulations to him!

Mr. C
December 16th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Personally, I would have voted for West, but a running back hasn't won the award (only quarterbacks) since Jamal Branch of Colgate won it in 2003.

Skyhawk71
December 16th, 2013, 08:43 PM
He is a great kid, and a great player, Congrats to Jimmy Garoppolo and the EIU football family..............

Cocky
December 16th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Hell of a good player. JG is the best QB we faced all year.
I have stated before, as with any award there are always more than one deserving.

The Ville
December 16th, 2013, 08:54 PM
He was my pick, my top 3 I had Garoppolo, Adams, Bennett... and West 5th, but that was a week or so ago when the voting was taking place.

The Ville
December 16th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Hell of a good player. JG is the best QB we faced all year.
I have stated before, as with any award there are always more than one deserving.

Yeah the guy JSU saw just a few days ago could have easily been just as deserving.

Cocky
December 16th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah the guy JSU saw just a few days ago could have easily been just as deserving.
At the end of the year, I wouldn't trade our guy for either one.

Darlinikki150
December 16th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Called it! Congrats Jimmy

WM2001
December 16th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I'm not surprised by this but he's lucky they voted prior to the Towson game.

Red & Black
December 16th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Congrats to Jimmy G. I feel like Adams was the better all-around QB, but hard to argue with them giving it to the Senior.

TU Tiger Town
December 16th, 2013, 11:12 PM
I'm biased but I thought T-West should have won. I've watched all his games this year and West basically single handedly carries the TU offense (with the OL), he does look like a man amongst boys out there. However the only game of JG I saw this year was last weeks were he struggled at times.

It also seemed that JG had good complement of receivers (EIU did have a WR at #7 in the voting!), although that brings the dilemma of does the QB make the receivers, or vise versa?

jmrepak
December 17th, 2013, 07:03 AM
^This^

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Congrats to JG.

Well deserved!

knucklehead
December 17th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Well our poll was right. lol. Congrats to Jimmy!

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Does anyone thing that JG would have won if voting would have happened after the playoff game? In theory Adams(i hope i got that name right) could go crazy this weekend and show he deserves it more. In Jimmy's defense he still had 321 yards passing and 4 tds (2 passing 2 rushing).

im torn on this, just trying to keep the discussion going.

MDUNHfan
December 17th, 2013, 10:15 AM
A solid case can be made for all three of the finalists. I would prefer to see the awards voted on after the semifinal games and the presentations made in conjunction with the championship game.

Red & Black
December 17th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Does anyone thing that JG would have won if voting would have happened after the playoff game? In theory Adams(i hope i got that name right) could go crazy this weekend and show he deserves it more. In Jimmy's defense he still had 321 yards passing and 4 tds (2 passing 2 rushing).

im torn on this, just trying to keep the discussion going.

I think the only real fair way to do the voting is at the conclusion of the regular season. There are great players that are contending for these awards that aren't necessarily on a team that's going to make a deep playoff run - and the ones that do are obviously inflating their stats each game that they play in the post-season.

smallcollegefbfan
December 17th, 2013, 10:25 AM

I think he still would have won it because he had a good game. He couldn't' help his defense couldn't tackle.

Silenoz
December 17th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Wow, I thought the QBs might split the votes and give it to T West. Oh well

FanofFCS
December 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Didn't TSN fire Mr. C.?
Stats rule again

Jimmy Garoppolo is the Payton Award winner.

TigerFen
December 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Surprised that West was only third in the voting and by a good margin. I thought he was the runner up for the award especially after the regular season he put up. If he's back next year, he is the early favorite for it IMHO.

WrenFGun
December 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM
IMO, West is easily the best overall player in FCS.

That said, not surprised that they gave it to the senior, who had more than deserving numbers as well.