PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: NDSU's new head Coach is Chris Klieman!

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 09:43 AM
WE GOT HIM!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It's confirmed!

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...43477985263616 (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/412243477985263616)

Confirmed #NDSU will introduce Chris Klieman as head coach at 11am presser

Southern Bison
December 15th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Congratulation Klieman!! Smart move by AD Taylor!

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Good to hear. Great for recruiting purposes, now we at least have someone back behind the wheel for NDSU recruiting to reach out and make sure the current commits know they're still wanted. Will be interesting to see how he fills his staff. Personally, I'd like to see former NDSU RB/Special Teams coach and current NIU TE coach Tim Polasek back as OC and perhaps a current defensive assistant at NDSU like LB coach Steve Stanard as DC. I'm guessing Bohl will get most of the assistants to come with him but I hope Klieman can retain some of them.

UNI fans may want to prepare for some their football staff to get new offers soon as well.

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Good to hear. Great for recruiting purposes, now we at least have someone back behind the wheel for NDSU recruiting to reach out and make sure the current commits know they're still wanted. Will be interesting to see how he fills his staff. Personally, I'd like to see former NDSU RB/Special Teams coach and current NIU TE coach Tim Polasek back as OC and perhaps a current defensive assistant at NDSU like LB coach Steve Stanard as DC. I'm guessing Bohl will get most of the assistants to come with him but I hope Klieman can retain some of them.

UNI fans may want to prepare for some their football staff to get new offers soon as well.

ONLY if these guys are willing to sell in that we are NDSU, we have a different program than UNI. We aren't UNI and we will play harder than UNI. We expect to win Championships, of the National level.

clenz
December 15th, 2013, 09:50 AM

Who?

No one on the defensive side of the ball was here when he was here.

The offensive guys aren't leaving Farley.

ValleyTalk
December 15th, 2013, 09:52 AM
YSU hired our defensive coordinator, Jon Heacock, when Tressel went to Ohio State.... Saw how that worked out for us. Hope the same curse doesn't hit you. Great coordinators often do not translate into great head coaches.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2013, 09:52 AM
ONLY if these guys are willing to sell in that we are NDSU, we have a different program than UNI. We aren't UNI and we will play harder than UNI. We expect to win Championships, of the National level.
Meh, if we've learned anything over the last week it's that coaches are mercenaries. As long as they're committed to their current job that's all I ask. It comes off as pretty petty to say "we do things the NDSU way, not the UNI way".

Who?

You lost all your defensive coaches in the last 3 years? In that case maybe not but Klieman has to still have connections there. I don't think there's any love lost between Klieman and Farley so I'd guess Klieman will at least gauge the interest of his old UNI compadres.

It's going to be interesting to see the handshakes in years to come between Farley and Klieman, I'd think it'll be a bit chilly.

YSU hired our defensive coordinator, Jon Heacock, when Tressel went to Ohio State.... Saw how that worked out for us. Hope the same curse doesn't hit you. Great coordinators often do not translate into great head coaches.
Craig Bohl was ran out of Nebraska as their DC immediately prior to his stint as NDSU's head coach. Practically every quality head coach at any level was a coordinator at some point. It's just a matter of how soon and well they can acclimate themselves to being the head man for the whole team.

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Meh, if we've learned anything over the last week it's that coaches are mercenaries. As long as they're committed to their current job that's all I ask. It comes off as pretty petty to say "we do things the NDSU way, not the UNI way".

They win conference Championships. What do we do?

Sorry, but it's true. Probably petty, but you know what, they've never proven to win the big game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Who?

You forget how broke your team is. Either that or how much Farley doesn't care about paying his assistants.

Big Rack
December 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
You forget how broke your team is. Either that or how much Farley doesn't care about paying his assistants.

And UNI is a basketball school. lol.

Houndawg
December 15th, 2013, 09:57 AM

...and just plain mean to take yet another backhanded jab at UNI's lack of success in big games.....oops, sorry...

- - - Updated -

Bisonator
December 15th, 2013, 09:57 AM
4 guys I hope we can keep on the staff: Fuchs, Burns, Goeser and Kramer.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 09:58 AM

When Darrel Mudra left Ron Ehrhardt came in and won a NC.

When Don Morton left Earle Solomonson came in and won a NC

When Earle Solomonson left Rocky Hager came in and won a NC

I think we'll be just fine.

In fact the worst time NDSU had was with external hire Bob Babich.

- - - Updated - - -

And UNI is a basketball school. lol.

That's right. We heard that ad nauseum in some football thread yesteday.

No_Skill
December 15th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Who?

He'd be foolish to not throw offers out to current coaches at UNI and all the MVFC for that matter. Much in the way that UNI is throwing out offers to all current NDSU recruits.

clenz
December 15th, 2013, 10:02 AM

You lost all you defensive coaches in the last 3 years? In that case maybe not but Klieman has to still have connections there. I don't think there's any love lost between Klieman and Farley so I'd guess Klieman will at least gauge the interest of his old UNI compadres.

It's going to be interesting to see the handshakes in years to come between Farley and Klieman, I'd think it'll be a bit chilly.
You haven't paid much attention to the coaches at UNI if you haven't noticed the defensive staff has completely turned over on average every 2 years at UNI.

No matter what anyones position title is Farley is the HC, DC, LB coach, DL coach, and can over ride anything in the secondary. It's always been that way. UNI has been a great spot for younger assistants to make a name for themselves by letting Farley control everything and taking the credit for it.

There is 1 left on the defensive side of the ball but they weren't anything more than position assistants when K was here.

Daniel Bullocks DB coach 2nd season, Brandon Lynch DB coach (1st season), Bryce Paup DL coach) 1st season, Jeremiah Johnson LB coach (7th season - video assistant and assistant DB coach prior to a couple years ago)

Southern Bison
December 15th, 2013, 10:04 AM
So...when does this take effect? This week? Next week? After Frisco? xeyebrowx Does this let Bohl off the hook and spend more time on U of WY "stuff" now?

Drblankstare
December 15th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I'm guessing all things will be status quo until the end of the playoff run. This is being announced now for recruiting stability issues. I would assume.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM
You haven't paid much attention to the coaches at UNI if you haven't noticed the defensive staff has completely turned over on average every 2 years at UNI.

No matter what anyones position title is Farley is the HC, DC, LB coach, DL coach, and can over ride anything in the secondary. It's always been that way. UNI has been a great spot for younger assistants to make a name for themselves by letting Farley control everything and taking the credit for it.

There is 1 left on the defensive side of the ball but they weren't anything more than position assistants when K was here.

Daniel Bullocks DB coach 2nd season, Brandon Lynch DB coach (1st season), Bryce Paup DL coach) 1st season, Jeremiah Johnson LB coach (7th season - video assistant and assistant DB coach prior to a couple years ago)
You're right, I don't pay attention to UNI's defensive staff but to turn over your entire defensive staff every 2 years would seem to be very counterproductive to recruiting and to the current players. To each their own but that's probably why Klieman accepted the lateral move to NDSU. He's proven himself to be a damn good coach that probably should've gotten more freedom with UNI. Oh well, Farley's had his fair share of success at UNI so you can't argue with the results I guess.

T-Dog
December 15th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Very reactionary and emotional hire. They usually are good with the people already there for one year but after that they tend to fall off.

NoDak 4 Ever
You're right, I don't pay attention to UNI's defensive staff but to turn over your entire defensive staff every 2 years would seem to be very counterproductive to recruiting and to the current players. To each their own but that's probably why Klieman accepted the lateral move to NDSU. He's proven himself to be a damn good coach that probably should've gotten more freedom with UNI. Oh well, Farley's had his fair share of success at UNI so you can't argue with the results I guess.

If NDSU wins next year, that will be a chillier than usual handshake.

Professor Chaos
So...when does this take effect? This week? Next week? After Frisco? xeyebrowx Does this let Bohl off the hook and spend more time on U of WY "stuff" now?
I'm pretty this sure changes nothing in terms of preparation and roles for the 2013 NDSU coaching staff. Bohl is still the head coach until the season is over and Klieman is still the DC. Brian Shawn (TV play-by-play guy) tweeted that Klieman is retaining two current assistants (perhaps the next OC and DC?) and the rest are going with Bohl to Wyoming.

AmsterBison
December 15th, 2013, 10:10 AM
When Darrel Mudra left Ron Ehrhardt came in and won a NC.

When Don Morton left Earle Solomonson came in and won a NC

When Earle Solomonson left Rocky Hager came in and won a NC

I think we'll be just fine.

In fact the worst time NDSU had was with external hire Bob Babich.

Not to mention, Jim Wacker left, and Don Morton came in a won a NC.

bisonguy
December 15th, 2013, 10:10 AM

I'd add AJ Cooper as well. Probably the longest tenure with Bohl besides Vigen.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Bisonator
December 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I'd add AJ Cooper as well. Probably the longest tenure with Bohl besides Vigen.

Pretty sure Cooper already chose to go with Bohl.

Southern Bison
December 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Any web coverage via TV/radio stations of the upcoming press conference?

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Very reactionary and emotional hire. They usually are good with the people already there for one year but after that they tend to fall off.
I don't see how it could've been handled any better. The blueprint is obviously in place for success at NDSU and who would know it better than a current assistant to carry it forward? This is the safe hire. Pretty much all the boosters will be happy with it and it allows the current class of verbal commits some stability to hopefully retain them all.

clenz
December 15th, 2013, 10:19 AM
The defensive side has ALWAYS turned over like that and UNI always has a very good defense.

The scheme never changes, the reads never change, nothing about the defense for current players changes because Farley is the HC, DC, LB, and DL coach regardless what anyones position title says....that is straight from former players mouths.

Have we lost good/great assistants? Sure. I can only think of 2 (2.5 I guess) that have done anything after leaving UNI though - K and Jeremy Montgomery who was a GA and DL coach from 06-08. He moved to Wyoming, then Michigan and now OU as a DL coach since leaving UNI after the 08 season. He has been at 7 schools since entering coaching in 2002.

The other one, that I put the .5 for, is Jovan Dewitt. He was at UNI from 09-11 as a DC and LB coach. He moved to Florida Atlantic after the 2011 season to be LB coach. The only reason I included him is that he got promoted to DB this season after the HC and DC were fired for drug use at a party, or something like that. He's been at 8 schools since entering coaching in 1998

The average stint for an assistant is 2-3 years, and that is what UNI typically gets.

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I don't see how it could've been handled any better. The blueprint is obviously in place for success at NDSU and who would know it better than a current assistant to carry it forward? This is the safe hire. Pretty much all the boosters will be happy with it and it allows the current class of verbal commits some stability to hopefully retain them all.

I tend to agree. I really think he's the man for the job with the experience he has in The Valley. Next year when he shakes hands with Farley should be cool to see.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Any web coverage via TV/radio stations of the upcoming press conference?

Should be on KVLY's web channel. Valley News Live or something like that. Still looking for it.

found it.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/category/205093/web-stream-2

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM
The defensive side has ALWAYS turned over like that and UNI always has a very good defense.

The scheme never changes, the reads never change, nothing about the defense for current players changes because Farley is the HC, DC, LB, and DL coach regardless what anyones position title says....that is straight from former players mouths.

Have we lost good/great assistants? Sure. I can only think of 2 (2.5 I guess) that have done anything after leaving UNI though - K and Jeremy Montgomery who was a GA and DL coach from 06-08. He moved to Wyoming, then Michigan and now OU as a DL coach since leaving UNI after the 08 season. He has been at 7 schools since entering coaching in 2002.

The other one, that I put the .5 for, is Jovan Dewitt. He was at UNI from 09-11 as a DC and LB coach. He moved to Florida Atlantic after the 2011 season to be LB coach. The only reason I included him is that he got promoted to DB this season after the HC and DC were fired for drug use at a party, or something like that. He's been at 8 schools since entering coaching in 1998

The average stint for an assistant is 2-3 years, and that is what UNI typically gets.
Looks like it's starting already. UNI OC Bill Salmon rumored to be going to NDSU.

https://twitter.com/MilksTheOne/status/412251042651193344

Yes you guys are getting our OC Salmon

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Sounds like we're getting UNI's OC.

No_Skill
December 15th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Looks like it's starting already. UNI OC Bill Salmon rumored to be going to NDSU.

Boom

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 10:27 AM

Ninja'd.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m7A6E0jZRvE#t=55

Distractions

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Did I say the handshake between Farley and Klieman will be chilly? I meant it'll be frigid.

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 10:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m7A6E0jZRvE#t=55

Distractions

Look how that turned out yesterday. This team proved one thing: The world needs to blow up for them to be distracted.

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Coach Bohl will still coach the team. KC will still be DC. Woot!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Distractions

http://grammarcat.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja'd.

panthernation.com should be pretty fun today.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM
well if not distracted, bored maybe?

Southern Bison
December 15th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Did I say the handshake between Farley and Klieman will be chilly? I meant it'll be frigid.

Klieman & Farley after the 2014 game?

http://brocouncil.com/images/stories/Articles/2013/09september/cullman-walker-high-school-football-coach-fight.jpg

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Christian Dudzik:

Could not be happier for Coach Klieman and his family. Excited for the future! "The culture here will not change."

https://twitter.com/CeeDud/status/412259811334447104

JayJ79
December 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure I'd take that as a definitive source on Salmon jumping ship.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Agreed, Klieman wasn't formally offered the job until last night so it seems awful quick to already have his OC locked up. Klieman press conference is going on now so I'd assume he'll be asked about his assistants shortly.

EDIT: Klieman said he hasn't thought a lot about his staff and that his focus is on UNH.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I noticed during the press interview, when klieman would talk about past coaches that helped him grow, he mentioned many many coaches, but never once mentioned farley.

Drblankstare
December 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM
UNI sleeper agent now in charge. Clenz's plan is almost complete

Twentysix
December 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM
UNI sleeper agent now in charge. Clenz's plan is almost complete

haha they did what they could to take down Missouri State.

clenz
December 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Agreed.

There is a large chunk of the UNI fan base that is getting REALLY sick of Bill and his inability to adjust...to...well anything of any kind that any JH coach could think of.

Might be wishful thinking on that guys part?

dewey
December 15th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Great hire by NDSU for the current players and the incoming recruits.

Dewey

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2013, 12:12 PM
This is old news..xthumbsupx

NDSUstudent
December 15th, 2013, 12:19 PM

I wouldn't either. I highly doubt Klieman would hire this guy. Another rumor out there is Michigan State's QB Coach.

UNHWildcat18
December 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Glad you guys got who you wanted.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't either. I highly doubt Klieman would hire this guy. Another rumor out there is Michigan State's QB Coach.

I hope he doesn't hire him. I don't want UNI's offense.

I hope Klieman hires someone that keeps our offensive philosophy.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I hope he doesn't hire him. I don't want UNI's offense.

I hope Klieman hires someone that keeps our offensive philosophy.

He said as much in the press conference.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2013, 12:52 PM
He said as much in the press conference.

Is the press conference posted somewhere?

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Is the press conference posted somewhere?

NDSU All Access

JSUBison
December 15th, 2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gimxO_sKzmI

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 01:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gimxO_sKzmI

"Craig's (Bohl) the best leader I've ever been around"

Ouch. Farley is not getting any credit for anything.

JayJ79
December 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
the butthurt that many NDSU fans have regarding Farley always makes me chuckle.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM

Bohl is a better coach than Farley.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 01:49 PM

What butthurt? The guy's an asshole. Completely unwarranted asshole. Never accomplished anything.

Hope he's UNI's coach for decades to come.

JayJ79
December 15th, 2013, 01:51 PM
What butthurt? The guy's an asshole. Completely unwarranted asshole. Never accomplished anything.

Hope he's UNI's coach for decades to come.

did he piss in your icecream cone or something?

Tribal
December 15th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Hiring from within is the best move so long as the guy can coach. I'm guessing some recruits were waiting to see who NDSU got...probably a good thing CK was involved in the recruiting process so there's some familiarity.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 01:57 PM
did he piss in your icecream cone or something?

no. as I said, I hope he enjoys a very long career at UNI.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2013, 02:19 PM

He kind of reminds me of Roger Thomas.

FargoBison
December 15th, 2013, 03:33 PM
New #NDSU (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU&src=hash) HC Chris Klieman will have base salary of 261,000 with other guaranteed money (media, camps) that will reach 326,000

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/412333982848528384

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2013, 03:36 PM
New #NDSU HC Chris Klieman will have base salary of 261,000 with other guaranteed money (media, camps) that will reach 326,000

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/412333982848528384
Wow! That's a hefty bump (~55K) from what Bohl was making. Maybe Klieman doesn't have the same incentives as Bohl but that's a lot of cheddar for a first time FCS head coach.

FargoBison
December 15th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Wow! That's a hefty bump (~55K) from what Bohl was making. Maybe Klieman doesn't have the same incentives as Bohl but that's a lot of cheddar for a first time FCS head coach.

From Kolpack on why the base is higher...

Base was hiked because Bohl's 3% of ticket sales is not applicable.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/412336967632711680

clenz
December 15th, 2013, 03:45 PM

Again...what exactly has Farley done to draw the hatred from NDSU that he has?

I've seen it for years, but never the reason behind it

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 03:48 PM

He's just a jerk in every public setting he appears. Press conferences, sideline reporting, everything.

you have a real peach there. hope he stays.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Bohl is a better coach than Farley.

Are there like trophies or something to prove that? xsmugx

JayJ79
December 15th, 2013, 04:02 PM
He's just a jerk in every public setting he appears. Press conferences, sideline reporting, everything.

dewey
December 15th, 2013, 04:06 PM

I never understood why Farley was so despised either. He has been a very good coach at uni for a long time.

I loved watching the CK pressed at the 24 minute mark where he talks about being an assistant on the sidelines when the lights go out and waiting for team to come out. He said it always sends chills up his spine. He also said he is really looking forward to leading the team out next fall.

I loved how he said nothing for me changes as we need to get ready for New Hampshire.

It has been an amazingly special run for NDSU the last four years.

Dewey

JSUBison
December 15th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I think Farley is good HC, and I would imagine he's a good person and all that, I have not heard otherwise. But in sports you always need a villain, and since UNI/NDSU is pretty heated, it's only fitting that Farley's attitude, comments and demeanor are under a microscope and taken to another level. Stig, Glenn or Spack could say and do the exact same things, but since it's Farley it resonates harsher with NDSU fans. I mean there was a multiple page thread on bville trying to lip read what Farley said to Bohl after the game. The press also has picked up on it, and it kind of feeds itself once it starts. I have no hate for the guy, I like what he brings to the UNI/NDSU rivalry.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 04:46 PM

I'm on my way to my 3rd rush of the championship field. How in the world can I be butthurt?

I'll send you a postcard from Frisco.

clenz
December 15th, 2013, 04:53 PM

Proof he is a jerk in every public setting?

After living in Cedar Falls and seeing him around town and campus for 7 years I can promise you that is completely false

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Proof he is a jerk in every public setting?

After living in Cedar Falls and seeing him around town and campus for 7 years I can promise you that is completely false

Good. This is the third time I wish him a very long career at UNI.

Bison56
December 15th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Now that CK has the job I guess all that time I spent lately playing NCAA 14 was for nothing.:(
#poundtherock

SDSUAlum08
December 15th, 2013, 08:26 PM

SDSU fan here and we all can't stand him either.

clenz
December 15th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Again...why?

Based on what?

Did he kill a bunch of baby kittens in front of you?

JayJ79
December 15th, 2013, 09:12 PM
There are a number of UNI "fans" who I can't stand, but I've never seen a reason to hate on Farley.
but I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinions (and I really doubt Mark loses any sleep over being the object of ire of opposing fans).

and I guess I understand how such a situation can arise. There is a particular coach of another sport that for some reason I cannot stand. Don't have any solid reason why, I just do.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Again...why?

Based on what?

Did he kill a bunch of baby kittens in front of you?

Yes, he bit their heads off like some kind of Ozzi Osbourne impersonator.

Also, he allows his players to scream obsenities at opposing fans.

UNIFanSince1983
December 16th, 2013, 06:45 AM
I can see why opposing fans wouldn't like Farley. He is not a good public speaker. I think what he says comes across wrong. I do think he is a good guy, but he just doesn't always come across the best while talking in public. I think that is really the best way to describe it is that he is not a good public speaker.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 06:46 AM
I can see why opposing fans wouldn't like Farley. He is not a good public speaker. I think what he says comes across wrong. I do think he is a good guy, but he just doesn't always come across the best while talking in public. I think that is really the best way to describe it is that he is not a good public speaker.

He must not have taken enough comm classes at Iowa teachers college.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Farley reminds me of Bill Belichick. He typically comes off as smug and terse when I hear him give interviews and press conferences. I particularly didn't like it when he said NDSU was trying to buy wins by hiring away Klieman. But the main reason I don't like either of them is because their teams are really good.

I'm totally biased when it comes to this because I only pay attention to Farley when he's talking about NDSU preparation/reaction. I was pleasantly surprised to see a different side of him when he was talking about his son's injury in Fargo this year and the medical attention he got from Sanford health as well as the support he got from his UNI family.

I realize he's not a bad guy but I'm pretty sure I'll never like UNI and that doesn't bode well for him being the face of the program. I'm sure he couldn't care less if I like him or not and I don't lose sleep over that either.

clenz
December 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
The Farley you saw talk about his son IS Farley. He isn't great with words and his tone if voice isn't great but he isn't anywhere the ass people think he is.

That's why I always have to ask "why l when someone says they hate him. The answer I get is almost always what I got here - a bunch of non answer answers.

If you hate someone because they coach another team...you need to take a small step back from a game

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2013, 07:55 AM
The Farley you saw talk about his son IS Farley. He isn't great with words and his tone if voice isn't great but he isn't anywhere the ass people think he is.

That's why I always have to ask "why l when someone says they hate him. The answer I get is almost always what I got here - a bunch of non answer answers.

If you hate someone because they coach another team...you need to take a small step back from a game

Hate is too strong a word for my personal feelings towards him. I don't like him for the reasons already stated and I doubt I ever will but I don't hate him or wish any malice upon him personally. I'm sure both he and I can live full and happy lives with that being the case.

moosbah
December 16th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Klieman new NDSU head coach = reign on.

Pards Rule
December 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Congrats to the Bison on the new HC...Question, now can it be told whether Bohl's departure was leaked?? Did he intend to resign after the last playoff loss or the championship? Or was the timing the actual plan?

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Congrats to the Bison on the new HC...Question, now can it be told whether Bohl's departure was leaked?? Did he intend to resign after the last playoff loss or the championship? Or was the timing the actual plan?

It happened from Wyoming and it wasn't a mistake.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2013, 10:52 AM

Bohl was going to tell the team Sunday morning. The reporter from WY leaked it Saturday night. Bohl was always intended to stay thru the playoffs.

As far as Farley goes I don't hate the guy, just don't like him. The way he comes off in press conferences and interviews, the way he treats his coaches and players, he just seems to exude some type of attitude that he is better then anyone else. It just rubs me the wrong way and it could be totally wrong as I do not know him personally. I'm sure he couldn't care less what other fans think of him either and that's fine.

Congratulations to Coach Klieman!

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 11:14 AM
People have such varrying definitions of Hate also...

Some people HATE doritos, other people HATE Hitler.

centennial
December 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Bohl was going to tell the team Sunday morning. The reporter from WY leaked it Saturday night. Bohl was always intended to stay thru the playoffs.

As far as Farley goes I don't hate the guy, just don't like him. The way he comes off in press conferences and interviews, the way he treats his coaches and players, he just seems to exude some type of attitude that he is better then anyone else. It just rubs me the wrong way and it could be totally wrong as I do not know him personally. I'm sure he couldn't care less what other fans think of him either and that's fine.

Congratulations to Coach Klieman!

Bohl did not want to stay through the playoffs. Gene talked to him and convinced him. Also, I don't think he anticipated the backlash on social media and press. Him staying was basically damage control.

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Bohl did not want to stay through the playoffs. Gene talked to him and convinced him. Also, I don't think he anticipated the backlash on social media and press. Him staying was basically damage control.

You came across this tidbit of information how???

Bisonator
December 16th, 2013, 01:34 PM

Agree to disagree.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Uhhhh, what? I find that hard believe given Bohl's comments about his players at NDSU in his introductory press conference at Wyoming. I was under the impression that it was the other way around and Taylor had to be convinced that Bohl should be allowed to stick around through the playoffs.

centennial
December 16th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Uhhhh, what? I find that hard believe given Bohl's comments about his players at NDSU in his introductory press conference at Wyoming. I was under the impression that it was the other way around and Taylor had to be convinced that Bohl should be allowed to stick around through the playoffs.
Calm down everyone. Gene had an interview where he said that Bohl did not want to stay and had to be convinced. Will find the video/audio and when he says it later and post it.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2013, 01:44 PM

So Bohl telling WY that they needed to let him finish the season is a lie? Every presser that I have seen, that was never said.

srgrizizen
December 16th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Can anyone think of examples where a successful FCS coach moved up and the school did NOT promote from within? It's when the coach is canned that you typically clean house and look outside. Not much suspense in this selection. It gives the program continuity and probably the best chance for continued success.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2013, 03:28 PM

This isn't true from all that has been said by Bohl and GT.

JayJ79
December 16th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Also, he allows his players to scream obsenities at opposing fans.
The opposing fans (who were screaming obscenities of their own) should have been kicked out

clenz
December 16th, 2013, 04:16 PM
The opposing fans (who were screaming obscenities of their own) should have been kicked out

What's funny is I know for a fact, because of where my tickets are, that NDSU, SIU, USD, WIU, ISUR, ISUB, SDSU, SUU, MSU, McNeese, Richmond, Maine, Lehigh and pretty much every other shool that's played on the dome the last 6 years have done the same....I'd also bet it happened before that too, but can't confirm as I didn't sit there before that.

I'd also bet UNI isn't the only school to have players do such a thing in Fargo

Hell I watched SFA ruin across the field to our student section after the game a couple years ago to yell, swear, flip off,etc... our students

But yeah, it's only UNI and Farley that do that

bisonguy
December 16th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Calm down everyone. Gene had an interview where he said that Bohl did not want to stay and had to be convinced. Will find the video/audio and when he says it later and post it.

Tis true from one of GT's interviews.

Bisonfart
December 16th, 2013, 07:07 PM

Fuchs and Kramer are gone According to my son who is buddies with their kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)