Towson @ EWU

Red & Black
December 14th, 2013, 09:35 PM
UNH @ NDSU
Towson @ EWU

Ditto.

CPrice91
December 14th, 2013, 09:39 PM
UNH @ NDSU. So much for any illusions of distractions.
Towson @ EWU. Was originally thinking EWU over EIU in a shoot out, but Towson looks like the favorite now.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 09:45 PM
UNH @ NDSU - UNH is valliant but loses by 28
Towson @ EWU - West is inexplicably injured in the first half.

Cocky
December 14th, 2013, 09:46 PM
NDSU
Towson

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2013, 09:47 PM
NDSU
Still thinking on the other game....xeyebrowx

jmrepak
December 14th, 2013, 09:49 PM
I'm pretty sure NDSU is well on their way to a three-peat.

NDSU
brain says EWU, but gut says Towson...Towson it is.

swaghook
December 14th, 2013, 10:01 PM
UNH @ NDSU
Towson @ EWU

centennial
December 14th, 2013, 10:07 PM
UNH @ NDSU
Towson @ EWU . Towson is going to roll.

frozennorth
December 14th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Home teams.

UNHWildcat18
December 14th, 2013, 10:10 PM
NDSU-UNH keeps it close.....Most likely... potentially.... I hope...
Towson. Sorry but EWU defense is not going to be able to stop the run game.

UNHWildCats
December 14th, 2013, 10:14 PM
New Hampshire at North Dakota State - The Wildcats give Coach Bohl and early Christmas gift by allowing him to start his full time work at Wyoming early.

Towson at Eastern Washington - Towson makes it an all CAA final....

Then Towson and New Hampshire send a letter to the NCAA asking to move the title game from Texas to somewhere in the northeast/mid atlantic, the letter includes at least 35 "pretty pretty please"

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2013, 07:54 AM
NDSU -- UNH does not match up well against a power running team like the Bison. Bison defense will be too good for UNH. Bison win 38-10

EWU -- I love Towson's offense but EWU is too balanced for Towson's defense. If Towson can grind the clock and score each time, they have a good chance. EWU 31-27

wmmii
December 15th, 2013, 08:13 AM
NDSU
Towson

Sammy94
December 15th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Towson
NDSU

TSU86
December 15th, 2013, 09:33 AM
NDSU
Towson

And I agree .... if it were to be a CAA Final, move the game :)

Skyhawk71
December 15th, 2013, 09:54 AM
New Hampshire @ The North Dakota State
Towson @ Eastern Washington

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2013, 10:51 AM
NDSU-UNH keeps it close.....Most likely... potentially.... I hope...
Towson. Sorry but EWU defense is not going to be able to stop the run game.

That's what everyone said about us in regards to Zenner...

West is better than Zenner, but like SDSU, Towson doesn't have a QB who's a threat to beat us with his arm. Stack the box, press man, and the Tigers won't be able to keep pace.

Theee Catrabbit
December 15th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Gotta go EWU and NDSU. I think the EWU-Towson game plays out just about like the SDSU game. Zenner was dinged up and got ran like a racehorse against NAU but, I don't think it made that much of a difference. They just rode West the same way.

Congratulations to NDSU on it's 3rd National Championship.......EWU you don't stand a chance against a rested NDSU team on their home field.

UNHWildcat18
December 15th, 2013, 11:19 AM

West is better than Zenner, but like SDSU, Towson doesn't have a QB who's a threat to beat us with his arm. Stack the box, press man, and the Tigers won't be able to keep pace.

Yes he can, their passing attack isn't bad. West and that O-line is going to be more of a challenge than SDSU. also Towsons defensive line is going to be better than JSU's and they had quite a bit of pressure on you guys.

ngineer
December 15th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Head says NDSU by two scores, 31-17. Heart says UNH converts a couple turnovers in a stunner, 31-28.
Towson is a monster ball control machine. Keep ball away from EWU as much as possible and they win, 35-31.

Wallace
December 15th, 2013, 11:39 AM
#1 North Dakota State vs. #3 Eastern Washington Jan 4, 2014 in Texas

Tribe4SF
December 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM

Fordham did that. Held West to 76 yards. Athens went 13 of 15 for 301 yards and 3 TDs. Darius Victor carried 12 times for 105. They will go vertical when opportunity presents itself.

JPhillips71
December 15th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Yes he can, their passing attack isn't bad. West and that O-line is going to be more of a challenge than SDSU. also Towsons defensive line is going to be better than JSU's and they had quite a bit of pressure on you guys.
You may have a solid argument, but the pressure statement is not true at all. There were only two sacks, one of which was just a qb run to the boundary that never got north/south. A good defensive play but had nothing to do with line pressure. In general that was one of the big surprises of the game, that the pressure JSU brought really wasn't a factor in the game after the phenomenal effort in their previous game.

The Ville
December 15th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Strong feeling for NDSU in first one
Leaning towards EWU in second one, but can't let West go over more than 200 yards

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2013, 06:05 PM
UNH @ NDSU
Towson @ EWU

These are my thoughts as well.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2013, 07:29 PM
3-1 for me last week. 14-6 in the playoffs.

New Hampshire @ North Dakota St - I think UNH is a fine team but NDSU is just playing at another level and dominates this game defensively and on special teams to pull away for a 3 score win.

Towson @ Eastern Washington - Sticking with my bracket challenge pick of a Towson/NDSU final because I think Towson is exactly the kind of team that can beat EWU with the ground and pound offense controlling the game. I was impressed by how the Eagles were able to shut down SDSU's Zach Zenner but I don't think they can do the same to West and company.

However, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing EWU in a championship matchup with NDSU. It would be fitting for the seniors on this NDSU team to come full circle for an attempt at revenge on the only team to have beat them in their postseason careers (thus far).

dudeitsaid
December 15th, 2013, 07:50 PM

Agreed, the passing attack will still be a challenge. EWU is rated 93rd out of 122 in pass defense efficiency, and 117 of 122 in total pass defense, and has made even moderate passing teams look good in their games. It's been frustrating to see that happen. That being said, if they can focus on a player like West and shut him down, they tend to get that one or two pics that change the momentum of the game.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons (in addition to playing on the Inferno) that I was hoping Towson would win. I would be afraid Garoppolo would have had a heyday on our defense.

Towson will be a very tough team to play, and an EWU win is in no way a given. But any team at this level is a challenge.

As I said long ago in another thread, an EWU/NDSU final would be awesome for the FCS in general for the various story-lines it will generate. I think any team facing NDSU has about a 1 in 50 chance of winning. They are rolling! And Jensen out for revenge would be scary. But, it would be a very interesting game! Hope the Eagles can make it happen. I'm predicting a nailbiter with EWU orchestrating a game winning drive with about 20 seconds left. EWU 45, Towsen 44

NDSU 21, UNH 17 - I thought the UNH D looked pretty solid against SELA. But they will have to have better offensive production to beat NDSU.

TigerFen
December 15th, 2013, 08:12 PM
I want an all CAA finale, but NDSU has the best defense in FCS until beaten by another team. I don't think that happens Friday night. NDSU 21-UNH 14

West is one of those once in a generation players that you don't replace as a program after he leaves. I think West takes us over and gets Towson a 38-34 Victory over EWU.

DA BEAR
December 15th, 2013, 10:08 PM
NDSU
Towson

Grizzlies82
December 15th, 2013, 10:36 PM
New Hampshire at North Dakota State - The Wildcats give Coach Bohl and early Christmas gift by allowing him to start his full time work at Wyoming early.

Towson at Eastern Washington - Towson makes it an all CAA final.... Then Towson and New Hampshire send a letter to the NCAA asking to move the title game from Texas to somewhere in the northeast/mid atlantic, the letter includes at least 35 "pretty pretty please"

They could move the game to the Meadowlands in New Jersey. That is roughly half way between the schools and...
considering how the New York Giants played it might be refreshing to see some football in that stadium.

coover
December 15th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Nobody from the East Coast will be playing after Saturday.

tomq04
December 16th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Nobody from the East Coast will be playing after Saturday.
That sounds like a familiar tune.

NDSU
EWU

BisoNick
December 16th, 2013, 01:30 AM
NDSU
EWU

Rematch from 2010

Ivytalk
December 16th, 2013, 05:14 AM
NDSU
EWU

Rematch from 2010
Agreed, although I'm hoping for a Torson upset on The Used Tampon.

Red & Black
December 16th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Fordham did that. Held West to 76 yards. Athens went 13 of 15 for 301 yards and 3 TDs. Darius Victor carried 12 times for 105. They will go vertical when opportunity presents itself.

Fordham is not Eastern Washington.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Fordham is not Eastern Washington.

Agreed.

TU Tiger Town
December 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM
UNH @ NDSU -NDSU wins big, Cinderella run for UNH comes to and end.
Towson @ EWU - Towson is + in turnovers and controls the tempo with the running attack.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 08:37 AM
CAA championship coming to Texas

moosbah
December 16th, 2013, 08:51 AM
UNH @ NDSU -The glass slipper is shattered in Fargo.
Towson @ EWU - Towson too tough for the red carpet crew.

Winindy
December 16th, 2013, 10:42 AM
UNH @ NDSU I just don't think anyone is going to score on the Bison.

Towson @ EWU Rock, paper, freight train. I think the freight train wins.

knucklehead
December 16th, 2013, 10:49 AM
UNH @ NDSU
Towson @ EWU

Bisonator
December 16th, 2013, 10:57 AM
NDSU obviously.

I think other game is a toss up. I like Towson's running game and defense. I just think EWU is going to be tough to beat at home. I'll say EWU in a shootout. Besides I would like to see the Bison avenge the 2010 quarterfinal loss.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 11:15 AM
UNH @ NDSU I just don't think anyone is going to score on the Bison.

Towson @ EWU Rock, paper, freight train. I think the freight train wins.

What if someone breaks the wheels on the left side of the freight train? EWU beat JSU when their running threat went down.

Winindy
December 16th, 2013, 11:18 AM
What if someone breaks the wheels on the left side of the freight train? EWU beat JSU when their running threat went down.

Then I think that Towson is in for a world of hurt. But, as of now, Choo Choo.

srgrizizen
December 16th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Congrats to the CAC for putting two teams in the semis. Two teams in the final? Sorry, but a 4 loss NH team is not going to take down the Bison. Towson vs. EWU? Much better chance. I can't venture a prediction, but I'm pulling for EWU.

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2013, 03:50 PM
NDSU
Towson

Don't see an upset by UNH, and EWU is awfully lucky JSU's QB got hurt....watching Max Short ell throwing a pick six brought back memories. :D

Missingnumber7
December 16th, 2013, 04:24 PM
NDSU
Team that NDSU will beat in January.

I really don't have a clue who will win that game. I have seen Towson a couple of times and part of me says that I haven't seen EWU play against a team like this. But then I did see the portions of the MSU game when EWU's defense was dominant, and on that Red Turf they are a different team. I would like to see EWU in Texas, but something deep down says it will be Towson. I'm going with Towson.

skinny_uncle
December 18th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Congrats to the CAC for putting two teams in the semis. Two teams in the final? Sorry, but a 4 loss NH team is not going to take down the Bison. Towson vs. EWU? Much better chance. I can't venture a prediction, but I'm pulling for EWU.

I assume you mean the CAA.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2013, 09:05 PM

Towson at Eastern Washington - Towson makes it an all CAA final....

Then Towson and New Hampshire send a letter to the NCAA asking to move the title game from Texas to somewhere in the northeast/mid atlantic, the letter includes at least 35 "pretty pretty please"

Bump.

http://www.kohchanganimalfoundation.org/wp-content/gallery/where-your-donations-go/earboy-postop1.jpg

Twentysix
December 21st, 2013, 12:37 AM
UNH @ NDSU - UNH is valliant but loses by 28
Towson @ EWU - West is inexplicably injured in the first half.

Ah, I undershot by 10.

yopaulie
December 21st, 2013, 09:27 PM
Towson is a monster ball control machine. Keep ball away from EWU as much as possible and they win, 35-31.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
December 21st, 2013, 09:37 PM

Wow!