PDA

View Full Version : Towson @ Eastern Washington

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

EdubAlum
December 14th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I'm told Saturday at 11AM PST...unsure of which network.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Good match up of contrasting styles.

Both defenses need to bring their 'A' games.

srgrizizen
December 14th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I'm told Saturday at 11AM PST...unsure of which network.

I saw somewhere its ESNU, Darn!!

- - - Updated - - -

Make that ESPNU

UNHWildcat18
December 14th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Not a prediction for the overall game but I REALLY don't see how EWU defense is going to deal with the size and speed of TU's running attack.

swaghook
December 14th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Not a prediction for the overall game but I REALLY don't see how EWU defense is going to deal with the size and speed of TU's running attack.

I don't think they will on defense. They will just try to run and gun on offense and pray that they end up with more points in the end.

UNHWildcat18
December 14th, 2013, 08:22 PM
How is that not offsides....

Cocky
December 14th, 2013, 08:28 PM
EIUs is better than EWUs. EIUs offense is better than EWUs. Will be interesting to see what happens but Towson should be the favorite.

TigerFen
December 14th, 2013, 08:36 PM
EIUs is better than EWUs. EIUs offense is better than EWUs. Will be interesting to see what happens but Towson should be the favorite.

I would put it as a 3 Point EWU favorite due to homefield advantage being part of this. EWU has a very good quarterback and is also a Payton award nominee.

HannahO
December 14th, 2013, 08:38 PM

Have another beer and sort this out in the morning! xlolx

Cocky
December 14th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Have another beer and sort this out in the morning! xlolx
Don't have anything to sort out. Just we had some unfortunate injuries or we would be headed to Baltimore. But it just the way it works

Not a bad year for us, finish 3rd in the OVC and give a national 3rd seat a good battle with backups. 10 starters coming back on offense things are looking up for us.

EdubAlum
December 14th, 2013, 08:47 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Make that ESPNU

Boo. I figured that was the case but whatever...

HannahO
December 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Don't have anything to sort out. Just we had some unfortunate injuries or we would be headed to Baltimore. But it just the way it works

Not a bad year for us, finish 3rd in the OVC and give a national 3rd seat a good battle with backups. 10 starters coming back on offense things are looking up for us.

No offense intended ... I just didn't understand your sentence and thought there were a few words missing. If you go back and reread it and don't understand my confusion, then my apologies. I thought and have posted on our forum that JSU was a great team that will be even tougher next year!

Hammerhead
December 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I was hoping for an Eastern vs. Eastern semifinal. I guess that I'll root for EWU as that would be an epic matchup of the last 3 FCS champions in Frisco.

TU Tiger Town
December 14th, 2013, 11:22 PM
I'm somewhat optimistic about this matchup, mainly due to the fact that this will be our third straight opponent whose main mode of attack is the pass. We have been improving on that area of defense gradually (especially after 1Q yesterday) and it will help not having to switch up the defensive scheme dramatically. Also we strangely seem to play better games on the road this season so that advantage of EWU will be somewhat negated, although the possible effects on the trip out to WA is uncertain since I think this may be the longest travel distance the program has ever had.

dudeitsaid
December 14th, 2013, 11:37 PM
I'm somewhat optimistic about this matchup, mainly due to the fact that this will be our third straight opponent whose main mode of attack is the pass.

You may want to check our stats. Over the season, we are almost exactly 50/50 on rush vs pass attempts. And check out the ground production through the first two games of the playoffs. We certainly aren't a predominantly running team, like Towsen. Not that Towsen doesn't throw the ball. They seem to be 65/35 to me. We are more balanced, but our passing yards per attempt are a lot greater than per rush, so people often think of EWU as a pass only type of team. And the fact, we were practically pass only in 2011. But have been getting more balanced since then.

DaBizon
December 15th, 2013, 01:37 AM
West is gonna hit 300 yards......again

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dudeitsaid
December 15th, 2013, 01:47 AM
West is gonna hit 300 yards......again

That's fine...as long as we have more points on the board when the game ends. Offenses often have pretty solid production against us. Unfortunately, defenses don't do good enough at stopping ours. That will really be the key for them.

EWU usually puts up solid numbers on offense, and does just enough on defense to win the game. Who's defenses get more stops and/or turnovers will likely dictate who wins this game. If EWU shoots themselves in the foot again like tonight, Towson will likely come out on top. If they can be more disciplined and VA is focused and in his element, I believe they will score more points.

Nickels
December 15th, 2013, 06:04 AM
EWU's defense was the worst I saw all year outside of 1st hear HBU. Seriously Texas Southern was even better on D. West puts on a clinic and VA throws 3 pics. Towson Rolls.

wmmii
December 15th, 2013, 08:18 AM
You may want to check our stats. Over the season, we are almost exactly 50/50 on rush vs pass attempts. And check out the ground production through the first two games of the playoffs. We certainly aren't a predominantly running team, like Towsen. Not that Towsen doesn't throw the ball. They seem to be 65/35 to me. We are more balanced, but our passing yards per attempt are a lot greater than per rush, so people often think of EWU as a pass only type of team. And the fact, we were practically pass only in 2011. But have been getting more balanced since then.

might show some respect ....it is Towson!
West is a beast at RB you will have you a challenge.

dudeitsaid
December 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM
might show some respect ....it is Towson!
West is a beast at RB you will have you a challenge.

Ummm, ok. Where did I disrespect Towson? West is a beast! And nothing but respect for all four of the teams that are left.

And it won't surprise me to see Towson as the favorite in this game in the odds and on AGS. This is the semi's. Any of these teams can win.

That being said, I'm fine with people discounting EWU. Seems they are their best when that happens. And honestly, this last game was one of the worst I've seen them play...and they still won. If they play well, they will be dang hard for Towson to overcome. Once again, I predict they will be a lot more polished in their next game, and win at home.

Kramden
December 15th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Ummm, ok. Where did I disrespect Towson? West is a beast! And nothing but respect for all four of the teams that are left.

And it won't surprise me to see Towson as the favorite in this game in the odds and on AGS. This is the semi's. Any of these teams can win.

That being said, I'm fine with people discounting EWU. Seems they are their best when that happens. And honestly, this last game was one of the worst I've seen them play...and they still won. If they play well, they will be dang hard for Towson to overcome. Once again, I predict they will be a lot more polished in their next game, and win at home.

I remember people discounting EWU against Delaware a few years back in the championship.

dudeitsaid
December 15th, 2013, 09:21 AM
EWU's defense was the worst I saw all year outside of 1st hear HBU. Seriously Texas Southern was even better on D. West puts on a clinic and VA throws 3 pics. Towson Rolls.

Apparently you must not have watched your own team play. SHSU had the worst defense in the playoffs...and where are the Bearkats now?

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

TSU86
December 15th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I only base this off of seeing 1 game, but it seems to me that EWU QB is prone to making the boneheaded play. He certainly makes some good plays as well.
IMHO, that was not a Payton Finalist performance.

Cocky
December 15th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Apparently you must not have watched your own team play. SHSU had the worst defense in the playoffs...and where are the Bearkats now?

The only teams we had more yds against we're SEMO, Murray and Jacksonville. I don't remember Austin Peay stats.

dudeitsaid
December 15th, 2013, 09:59 AM
The only teams we had more yds against we're SEMO, Murray and Jacksonville. I don't remember Austin Peay stats.

Agreed, EWU gives up a lot of points and yards. The had the 23rd scoring d of 24 teams in the playoff field. Guess who number 24 was?

I never said EWU was a defensive stalwart. I dont care how many yards or points the opposing team gets...as long as we get more.

TigerFen
December 15th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I only base this off of seeing 1 game, but it seems to me that EWU QB is prone to making the boneheaded play. He certainly makes some good plays as well.

I didn't watch the game and was only following the score through Twitter. He is a Sophomore and he is growing. I don't think he's Garappolo level, but he can make more good plays than bad plays. I think we may be surprised by how he plays on Saturday.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2013, 10:26 AM

Glad all those yards helped JSU win.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2013, 10:27 AM

Agreed, that was not a Payton level performance. But he had 12 or 13 other games this year where he did.

Cocky
December 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Glad all those yards helped JSU win.
Be thankful for our injuries or you would have lost to a 3rd place OVC team.

JPhillips71
December 15th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Probably shouldn't go off one game. His season performance has been on par with Jimmy Garoppolo's. Fewer pass yards, same number of TDs, couple more picks, higher efficiency but has 500 rush yards. In general pretty close all around. They certainly look completely different in play, but both have played consistently to Peyton award levels. He would only need 3 TDs on saturday to tie the all time FCS season record.
Saturday was not a great game for him, but I wouldn't bank on a repeat.
Not trying to be preachy, just pointing out his body of work.

JPhillips71
December 15th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Sounds like your off season is starting to wear on you. Don't worry though, the first 48hrs after elimination are the worst. I empathize with you, we've been there before. You just don't have the experience yet. Perhaps next year you'll take it with grace.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM

I won't ever be thankful for injuries (unless Nickels injured his vajayjay), because I'd much rather watch my team beat opponents at full strength. Regardless, those injuries were counter balanced by very uncharacteristic turnovers, two of which took 14 points off the board for EWU. So it's you who should be thankful that JSU didn't get boat-raced.

ewueagle2010
December 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM

That's the biggest farce of an argument possible. JSU had a great team and I'm not saying they wouldn't have won without injuries, but to say you would have won without those injuries is just plain ignorant. It was 21-21 when the QB went down. EWU had already left 14 points on the field with turnovers, and has a history of making crucial adjustments at the half. May I remind you they were tied with SDSU the week before at half and then proceeded to outscore them 27-3? I personally wanted Jenkins to come back because of this very reason. I didn't want people like you blaming EWU's win on injuries. It's just a weak argument.

JPhillips71
December 15th, 2013, 11:12 AM
That's the biggest farce of an argument possible. JSU had a great team and I'm not saying they wouldn't have won without injuries, but to say you would have won without those injuries is just plain ignorant. It was 21-21 when the QB went down. EWU had already left 14 points on the field with turnovers, and has a history of making crucial adjustments at the half. May I remind you they were tied with SDSU the week before at half and then proceeded to outscore them 27-3? I personally wanted Jenkins to come back because of this very reason. I didn't want people like you blaming EWU's win on injuries. It's just a weak argument.

I remember a team sustaining a season ending injury to a key player in a quarterfinal game. Tough to lose a 1700yd rusher who is your homerun hitter, but you get it done and win a NC regardless. If you don't, then its back to the drawing board.

Of course the Bison will tell you it was all a conspiracy, but as they say, the ruling on the field stands.

Cocky
December 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I won't ever be thankful for injuries (unless Nickels injured his vajayjay), because I'd much rather watch my team beat opponents at full strength. Regardless, those injuries were counter balanced by very uncharacteristic turnovers, two of which took 14 points off the board for EWU. So it's you who should be thankful that JSU didn't get boat-raced.
We had two turnovers which took 14 off our board too plus EWU convert one into 7. EWU was advantaged in the TOs. You should be thankful we didn't start the game with our halftime adjustment.

I can make as many excuses for my team as you can your not performing to your or my expectations. No idea who would have won (without the injuries) but these team could play 100x and neither is going to boat race the other. EWU isn't head and heal or any above JSU in talent.

Cocky
December 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM

you scored 1 offensive td in the 2nd half this week. We left 14 on the board and gave you 7 in the 2nd half.

Cocky
December 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Sounds like your off season is starting to wear on you. Don't worry though, the first 48hrs after elimination are the worst. I empathize with you, we've been there before. You just don't have the experience yet. Perhaps next year you'll take it with grace.
When EWU learns to win with grace I will be more than happy to lose with grace.

JPhillips71
December 15th, 2013, 11:52 AM
xcoffeex We've strayed so far from a relevant topic. I sure am excited for the semifinalists from Towson University. They got a great 10pt win this weekend, so I canimagine the excitement they have moving forward. Got to watch the first half of their effort against EIU. I was concerned at first, but they made the adjustments necessary to play at a final four level for sure. They seem to understand that in the playoffs you have to step up and get it done even if you face some adversity. Someteams are just built to withstand a deep playoff run, and others aren't.

UIWWildthing
December 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I can't wait for Saturday! To be in a game that can put the Tigers in Frisco still amazes me. It's going to be a shootout, and the game will come down to two keys: penalties and turnovers. Whoever can limit thesee is heading to Frisco.

Red & Black
December 15th, 2013, 02:30 PM

He had a pretty uncharacteristic game yesterday. Usually takes care of the ball pretty well.

Nickels
December 15th, 2013, 03:03 PM

Sent from my SPH-M830 using TapatalkThe Kats were pretty mediocre this year (mediocre but still beat the **** out of the eagles) yet they didn't continually allow 300+ yard rushers. Pathetic D. Not championship caliber at all.

Darlinikki150
December 15th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I think Towson has a chance here. EW d is weak, Towson should be able to bully that dline and get some great runs. Towson d isn't great but if containment of EW is possible, Towson might have a chance to keep it close. My heart wants Towson to win this one, but EW is strong. Even tho the d is suspect I still EW pulling the win and punching the tix to Frisco. Either way, I'm not missing this game. Gotta love playoffs guys!

Red & Black
December 15th, 2013, 03:49 PM
I see a lot of folks dis-counting EWU in this one, and I'm fine with that since we didn't play very well yesterday. One thing that has not been mentioned that should give EWU a little bit of an edge: Playoff experience. EWU has made the semi's 3 of the past 4 years and has played in the Championship game as well. That post-season experience is valuable. I also think playing at home gives us a slight edge, as Towson will be playing back to back road games.

Ultimately I think this game will come down to who turns the ball over less. It's very unlikely Adams has another performance like he did yesterday, or that we turn the ball over as much.

dudeitsaid
December 15th, 2013, 06:55 PM
The Kats were pretty mediocre this year (mediocre but still beat the **** out of the eagles) yet they didn't continually allow 300+ yard rushers. Pathetic D. Not championship caliber at all.

Yeah, guess you're not very good at math either. Eagles are giving up 176 total rushing per game. Don't know how that equates to "continually allowing 300+ yard rushers". But OK, you gotta throw crap our way because your wins against the Big Sky teams are all you have to hang your hat on. Here's another atta boy for you. Good job, Nickels, for your part in beating the Eastern Eagles!xthumbsupx

That being said, the other thing that people fail to consider, including the ESPN analysts, is that somehow TOP matters to us. We are not trying to win the TOP battle. Instead, we are quick strike, which generally puts the opposing offense on the field more often, allowing them to generate more stats against our defense. The stats make our defense look worse than they are because of our style of play.

math123
December 15th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Why would anybody discount Eastern Washington? Towson has to fly across the country for this one. If it snows, we should have a bit of an advantage but EWU should be favored. Then again, everybody is good at this point and it really becomes about not beating yourself. Towson did not play a great game against Eastern Illinois, getting down 14-0. I don't think we've come close to hitting our peak yet.

putter
December 15th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Actually, I think Towson playing EIU is an advantage for the Eagles. Gives them fresh film to watch how Towson defended a quality passing team and gameplan for it.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2013, 09:33 PM
We had two turnovers which took 14 off our board too plus EWU convert one into 7. EWU was advantaged in the TOs. You should be thankful we didn't start the game with our halftime adjustment.

I can make as many excuses for my team as you can your not performing to your or my expectations. No idea who would have won (without the injuries) but these team could play 100x and neither is going to boat race the other. EWU isn't head and heal or any above JSU in talent.
Whatever makes you feel better I guess. I've moved on to Towson.

Cocky
December 15th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Whatever makes you feel better I guess. I've moved on to Towson.
I'm sure your nervous this week getting pushed to the edge by a third place OVC team playing backups Saturday.

Grizzlies82
December 15th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Probably shouldn't go off one game. His season performance has been on par with Jimmy Garoppolo's. Fewer pass yards, same number of TDs, couple more picks, higher efficiency but has 500 rush yards. In general pretty close all around. They certainly look completely different in play, but both have played consistently to Peyton award levels. He would only need 3 TDs on saturday to tie the all time FCS season record. Saturday was not a great game for him, but I wouldn't bank on a repeat. Not trying to be preachy, just pointing out his body of work.

I've watched about a half dozen of their games this year and last Saturday wasn't indicative of Vernon 'Lil Shooter' Adams ability. In this game, and the Portland State game, he was a bit more tentative that usual. Unlike the performance vs JSU, typically he throws up those jump balls and does not get picked. In part that is largely due to a slew of very talented receivers (Kupp gets all the press but there are at least two more just as good). Yet after watching Adams successfully do it (throw up what appears to be might be a jump ball) all season I'd have to say the kid has the knack to consistently make the improbable work. So I don't attribute all of it to the receiving corp. Adams is also a danger when he scrambles. Though as the season progressed it appears the coaching staff has tried to rein him in on that. As a result he's spending more time in the pocket these days (sometimes too much time). On occasion he makes other bone head sophomore mistakes such as his picks. Yet all in all, Adams is a VERY gifted and dangerous QB. Considering what he has done he certainly deserves to be in the running for the Payton award.

coover
December 15th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Frankly, I don't care how bad Adams was last week against a pretty good Jackson State. What counts is how he will do this week against a very good Towson. And the same goes for the EWU defense. Each game is different. Adams has proved he is a winner. We know that EWU is a winner, and we know that Towson is a winner. Who will win? I don't know. But I'll be watching. I think it will be a great game.

Cocky ... your guys lost the game. Injuries are a big part of the game, and a great team will get through them and still win. And I guarantee that the whoever the winner is in Fisco, TX, they will have suffered several injuries during the season and they will probably have several star players that started the season not playing at the end. It is time for you to wait for next year, just as I am with my Mustangs.

Cocky
December 16th, 2013, 07:00 AM
I understand we loss but if were pretty good so is EWU who will go against a "real" good Towson. If a team can't roll a 3rd place OVC team you are pretty good at best. Of course the only reason EWU didn't roll us was their TOs, I guess that not part of the game like injuries? If so I wish we could have our back too.

kalm
December 16th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I understand we loss but if were pretty good so is EWU who will go against a "real" good Towson. If a team can't roll a 3rd place OVC team you are pretty good at best. Of course the only reason EWU didn't roll us was their TOs, I guess that not part of the game like injuries? If so I wish we could have our back too.

It wasn't a fluke you that you guys won a couple of playoff games. Good athletes on both sides of the ball and your strengths were a tough matchup for us. But let's not get too carried away with the self pity over one game here. After all, PSU the 9th best team in the BSC, was a missed PAT from taking us to overtime.

**** happens from time to time but championship caliber teams find ways to win, even when they're not playing well.

Cocky
December 16th, 2013, 07:35 AM
It wasn't a fluke you that you guys won a couple of playoff games. Good athletes on both sides of the ball and your strengths were a tough matchup for us. But let's not get too carried away with the self pity over one game here. After all, PSU the 9th best team in the BSC, was a missed PAT from taking us to overtime.

**** happens from time to time but championship caliber teams find ways to win, even when they're not playing well.

but we should have pity for EWU? I understand.

kalm
December 16th, 2013, 07:48 AM
but we should have pity for EWU? I understand.

No, that's ok. We actually won the game.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 16th, 2013, 07:53 AM
I'm sure your nervous this week getting pushed to the edge by a third place OVC team playing backups Saturday.

LMFAO.

McNeese72
December 16th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Frankly, I don't care how bad Adams was last week against a pretty good Jackson State.

LOL! That's funny. Don't know if it was an intentional or unintentional insult.

Doc

Cocky
December 16th, 2013, 07:59 AM
No, that's ok. We actually won the game.
But you didn't play good or it would have been a blowout. Or maybe EWU isn't as dominate as EWU fans would like to believe. That where the pity comes from.
I will give you credit you haven't been one to make excuses for not winning big. Just not use to a winning team making excuses for playing close game and still trying to imply their opponent sucked.

andy7171
December 16th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Who wants to fly me out for the game? I'm fairly cheap. All I ask for is airfare, a ride from the airport, a clear spot on the floor to sleep and a pancake breakfast before the game. I'll be a designated driver for you if you want to get all liquored up. I can find a way back to the airport post game.

Kalm, I'm looking at you.

kalm
December 16th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Who wants to fly me out for the game? I'm fairly cheap. All I ask for is airfare, a ride from the airport, a clear spot on the floor to sleep and a pancake breakfast before the game. I'll be a designated driver for you if you want to get all liquored up. I can find a way back to the airport post game.

Thanks for noticing the thread I posted a in your honor on CS....smh.

I can provide everything (including food) except the airfare.

andy7171
December 16th, 2013, 10:36 AM
It ain't my chopper to fire up. :D

Walkon79
December 16th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Go Eags. JMO, but I think you're the only thing standing in the way of a Bison 3-peat!!

tomq04
December 16th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Doubt the mighty eags can top those Bison, but with Baldwin's gambling and VA's scrambling, I wouldn't count us out.

srgrizizen
December 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I'm very impressed with Towson from the EIU game and with EWU all season. It's amazing how people continue to overlook EWU's running game in spite of the statistics. And, yes, VA would sometimes rather fling it up than take a sack or throw it OB, but he has a nearly supernatural ability to get off an accurate throw milliseconds before getting clobbered. It's possible that EWU may not be able to handle Towson's running game, but most of EWU's harshest critics appear to me to simply be BSC haters or sore losers, even if they didn't lose to EWU. (I mean you, SHSU). It's kind of pathetic hanging around rooting for the team to lose that advanced further in the playoffs than you. Regardless of the outcome, EWU has represented the Big Sky magnificently, and so have their fans on this board, for the most part. Good luck Eagles!xthumbsupx

Red & Black
December 16th, 2013, 04:30 PM
But you didn't play good or it would have been a blowout. Or maybe EWU isn't as dominate as EWU fans would like to believe. That where the pity comes from.
I will give you credit you haven't been one to make excuses for not winning big. Just not use to a winning team making excuses for playing close game and still trying to imply their opponent sucked.

Dominant.

Cocky
December 16th, 2013, 04:36 PM
And you spell again this way. Not agaig.
I guess we're even on typing or spelling errors.

Grizzlies82
December 16th, 2013, 06:56 PM
This has been one of the most informative threads I've read on AGS.
According to "Cocky", Jacksonville State was only a couple of injuries, a few turnovers, and about 6 touchdowns shy of having a blowout win. Darn so close, so close!

Cocky
December 16th, 2013, 08:20 PM
This has been one of the most informative threads I've read on AGS.
According to "Cocky", Jacksonville State was only a couple of injuries, a few turnovers, and about 6 touchdowns shy of having a blowout win. Darn so close, so close!
EWU was in about the same position but they didn't get their blowout of a 3rd place OVC team.
But in eyes of some EWU fan and you their turnovers were their fault ours were caused by EWU? I would argue with you they were all good defensive plays but Big Sky knows little about D.

Cocky
December 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM
But I'm done having fun with EWU fans on this thread and will let Towson have their turn. If you want to comment to me go to the JSU EWU thread so Im not highjacking this one anymore.

Mr. C
December 16th, 2013, 09:27 PM

Considering you use to protect a certain quarterback during your playing days, maybe you might want to ask Rob Ambrose if there are any extra seats on the charter to Washington. You could always room with Mr. C on the trip. There were a few extra seats on last week's charter.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 16th, 2013, 09:51 PM

Semantics. You can talk margin of victory and what-ifs all you want, at the end of the day, only thing that matters is the W. The 2010 EWU team wasn't dominant, but they found ways to win... a lot of them close games in which EWU was either tied or behind in the 4th quarter.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 16th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Considering you use to protect a certain quarterback during your playing days, maybe you might want to ask Rob Ambrose if there are any extra seats on the charter to Washington. You could always room with Mr. C on the trip. There were a few extra seats on last week's charter.

That word "protection" doesn't mean a whole lot to Andy... do you know how many kids he has? xlolx

Red & Black
December 16th, 2013, 10:13 PM
But I'm done having fun with EWU fans on this thread and will let Towson have their turn. If you want to comment to me go to the JSU EWU thread so Im not highjacking this one anymore.

Thanks.

Cleets
December 17th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Hey Kalm....
I'll be in Missoula this Friday (visiting the folks)
should I make that drive and come see you guys play?

I can eat my weight in whatever you're cooking... xnodx

I have to warn you - I do have a fondness for Towson - growing up there and all

Mr. C
December 17th, 2013, 06:03 AM
That word "protection" doesn't mean a whole lot to Andy... do you know how many kids he has? xlolx
Yes, I met his family before the Fordham game. Nice bunch of folks.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I see a track meet here, EWU 52, Towson 45

kalm
December 17th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Hey Kalm....
I'll be in Missoula this Friday (visiting the folks)
should I make that drive and come see you guys play?

I can eat my weight in whatever you're cooking... xnodx

I have to warn you - I do have a fondness for Towson - growing up there and all

That's OK. I sat next to the Bootfitter at the SDSU game and was serenaded by the occassional "Go Jacks". I've even endured a couple of games with Polson going on and on about the ******* ****** *** *** ****. I'm failry thick skinned.

So of course you should. Your presence would show a marked increase in crowd size and double the number of commiepinkolibtardprogressives in Eastern WA on that day.

You are more than welcome to join us. Let me know if you can make it.

Cleets
December 17th, 2013, 12:45 PM
That's OK. I sat next to the Bootfitter at the SDSU game and was serenaded by the occassional "Go Jacks". I've even endured a couple of games with Polson going on and on about the ******* ****** *** *** ****. I'm failry thick skinned.

So of course you should. Your presence would show a marked increase in crowd size and double the number of commiepinkolibtardprogressives in Eastern WA on that day.

You are more than welcome to join us. Let me know if you can make it.

Is that an 11:00 kick-off..? (WTF) ESPN should be shot
Please verify that time

tomq04
December 17th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Is that an 11:00 kick-off..? (WTF) ESPN should be shot
Please verify that time

Definitely 11 am @ goeags.com

kalm
December 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Definitely 11 am @ goeags.com

But he at least gains an hour coming back to civilization.

Cleets
December 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM
But he at least gains an hour coming back to civilization.

No kidding whenever I go to Montana I'm always confused...
What are these strange "middle" time zones / There are only two times

PST & EST

NDSUSR
December 17th, 2013, 06:06 PM
My money is on Towson by 4. No offense intended.
This is the game I am looking forward to seeing.

hebmskebm
December 17th, 2013, 06:19 PM
How's the weather look for Saturday?

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM
No kidding whenever I go to Montana I'm always confused...
What are these strange "middle" time zones / There are only two times

PST & EST

Looks like a Harvard education is more overrated than previously thought.

UIWWildthing
December 17th, 2013, 07:12 PM
How's the weather look for Saturday?
Per the Weather Channel, chance of snow, temps around 30-31, light winds

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 09:21 PM

That sounds like perfect weather to play in. I'm not gonna lie, kinda jacked up for this game.

dudeitsaid
December 18th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Towson is a very good team. EWU is predicted to win by 3, but being at home, that is really just saying they are even.

Towson is very solid on both offense and defense, and they have accomplished that playing very solid competition. Regardless of what Vegas says, I really see Towson as the favorite in this game, and EWU will have to play near perfect football to pull out the win in this one. Not that that shouldn't be expected at this round in the playoffs.

Watching EWU in the playoffs, I think they have some really good things going for them. I think the defense really has been doing a great job of making second half adjustments and just shutting opponents down in the third quarter. The running game has really been rolling as well. The biggest concern for me is that Vernon Adams looks a little too tight. In the Oregon State game, he played very loose. There wasn't an expectation to win. And so, he seemed to play very relaxed. I felt the same way throughout a lot of the season. He was just out there having fun. But especially the last game, he looks like he is trying too hard not to lose, and he doesn't seem to have the same confidence and relaxed demeanor I've seen him display in prior games. Maybe it's just me, and I'm reading too much into it. I haven't seen similar comments from anyone else. But that's just the sense I've gotten. If VA plays like he did most of the season, it should be a great game for all to watch, win or lose.

tomq04
December 18th, 2013, 11:09 AM
It's been odd the last 2 games (even the last 3 of the regular season), the running game has been HUGE and there seems less pressure on VA's shoulders. I think he does better under pressure.

kalm
December 18th, 2013, 11:30 AM
It's been odd the last 2 games (even the last 3 of the regular season), the running game has been HUGE and there seems less pressure on VA's shoulders. I think he does better under pressure.

It could also be a rhythm thing. We have several speeds and it seems like at Oregon State we were playing at our fastest temp for much if that game.

tomq04
December 18th, 2013, 02:44 PM
The hyperactive run game has been pretty fun to watch, helps me breathe a sigh of relief with ever 5 yard carry.

DoubleH
December 18th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Any of you EWU fans thinking your RB is going to roll to another 200 yard day might want to reconsider. Towson's front 7 is very good at stopping the run and we have done it all year long, the exception being mobile QBs. Adams may burn us, but I strongly doubt Forte will.

kalm
December 18th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Any of you EWU fans thinking your RB is going to roll to another 200 yard day might want to reconsider. Towson's front 7 is very good at stopping the run and we have done it all year long, the exception being mobile QBs. Adams may burn us, but I strongly doubt Forte will.

Agreed. And your DB's were really solid with open field tackles against the run and bubble screens last week. That being said, your 87th in FCS in passing yards allowed so it looks like some plays can be made there.

eiupantherfan94
December 18th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Here's to Towson going all the way and winning it all. Eastern's gashing will be less disappointing if they lost to the eventual champs. xthumbsupx

Red & Black
December 18th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Here's to Towson going all the way and winning it all. Eastern's gashing will be less disappointing if they lost to the eventual champs. xthumbsupx

There is only one "EASTERN", and it's not in Illinois.

DrStrangelove
December 18th, 2013, 09:51 PM

Said the fan of the school from the West Coast.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 18th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Said the fan of the school from the West Coast.
Hence why we're Eastern Washington, not Eastern United States. Glad you went to Harvard.

DrStrangelove
December 18th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Hence why we're Eastern Washington, not Eastern United States. Glad you went to Harvard.

Flattered as I might be that my dazzling rhetoric marks me as a possible Ivy Leaguer, I was educated by the school for which I now cheer. I learned not only geography, but also a few things about irony. Which is what I was pointing out in the post you referenced.

TU Tiger Town
December 19th, 2013, 07:41 AM

Yes, Eastern Connecticut State Warriors, but they don't play football so I don't know why you would be bringing them up here. xconfusedx

tomq04
December 19th, 2013, 10:16 AM
The problems defenses have faces against EWU is coverage, are you stacking the box to stop the run our putting more players back to defend the pass. The last 2 games teams have chosen the latter and Forte has had huge games.

F'N Hawks
December 19th, 2013, 10:23 AM

Offensively, from what I have seen you are alot like SDSU. Run heavy with a decent QB but your WR's are very young. Which tells me you will obviously be running the ball quite a bit. That plan did not work for SDSU. Will it for Towson?

Richland1
December 19th, 2013, 10:52 AM
EWU is from the Big Sky and they needed little of their Defensive Prowness to dispatch your team. Stop being a poor loser and enjoy the rest of the Playoffs.

EWU was in about the same position but they didn't get their blowout of a 3rd place OVC team.
But in eyes of some EWU fan and you their turnovers were their fault ours were caused by EWU? I would argue with you they were all good defensive plays but Big Sky knows little about D.

DaBizon
December 19th, 2013, 11:07 AM
If EWU pulls out a win Saturday, that's a huge IF, they had better start printing up their 2nd place memorabilia.
NDSU will end all the **** talk coming from the west coast.

F'N Hawks
December 19th, 2013, 11:39 AM
If EWU pulls out a win Saturday, that's a huge IF, they had better start printing up their 2nd place memorabilia.
NDSU will end all the **** talk coming from the west coast.

Yah man! You tell em, bro. xthumbsupx

relee63
December 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Towson wins! No doubt. West and company will be too much for Easter Wash to handle. Already looking forward to Bison (medium or well done).

NDSUSR
December 19th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Towson wins! No doubt. West and company will be too much for Easter Wash to handle. Already looking forward to Bison (medium or well done).

It will be "well done". At least that's what you will be saying to the Bison after they stomp that ass in Frisco.
Go beat EW and lets get the smack started.

relee63
December 19th, 2013, 12:40 PM
It will be "well done". At least that's what you will be saying to the Bison after they stomp that ass in Frisco.
Go beat EW and lets get the smack started.

Come on now, no fowl (sorry eagles) language. Let's keep it clean.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Flattered as I might be that my dazzling rhetoric marks me as a possible Ivy Leaguer, I was educated by the school for which I now cheer. I learned not only geography, but also a few things about irony. Which is what I was pointing out in the post you referenced.

xlolx xthumbsupx

Texas
December 19th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Flanders bent them over. So will West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Grizalltheway
December 19th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Flanders bent them over. So will West.

Just like Zenner, amirite?

Texas
December 19th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Just like Zenner, amirite?

A pretender.

DoubleH
December 19th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Agreed. And your DB's were really solid with open field tackles against the run and bubble screens last week. That being said, your 87th in FCS in passing yards allowed so it looks like some plays can be made there.

And the crazy (and very, very frustrating) thing is, our secondary may be the most individually-talented unit on the entire defense. Both CBs (one homegrown, and one a transfer from Georgia) are next-level prospects, and the young pups (Donnell Lewis and especially Christian Carpenter, a great athlete who will be an All-American before it's all said and done IMO) are very fast and talented and getting better every week.

Our issues against the pass have been twofold: schematically and lack of a consistent pass rush outside of Delaire. If you saw the EIU game, you would have noticed how we played a soft zone or off-man the first two defensive possessions - and Garoppolo led them right down the field to two TDs. Then - finally!! - we made an in-game adjustment and went to more press man-to-man on the edges, and dared the EIU receivers to beat our CBs deep in the snow. And lo and behold, after TDs on their first 2 possessions and a 14-0 lead, EIU went punt, downs, punt, punt, fumble on the next 5 - as we roared back to take a 21-0 lead - before they were able to score again (and then only after we fumbled the 2nd half KO and gave them the ball on our 36 yard line).

If they're put in position to make plays, and if they're not hung out to dry covering for 4, 5+ seconds, our secondary can be very good. Two big ifs, however.

DoubleH
December 19th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Offensively, from what I have seen you are alot like SDSU. Run heavy with a decent QB but your WR's are very young. Which tells me you will obviously be running the ball quite a bit. That plan did not work for SDSU. Will it for Towson?

Um, yes. SDSU has no one in Terrance West's league, I can tell you that.

F'N Hawks
December 19th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Um, yes. SDSU has no one in Terrance West's league, I can tell you that.

Cue the MVFC zealots in 3....2....1....

Bison56
December 19th, 2013, 01:57 PM
And the crazy (and very, very frustrating) thing is, our secondary may be the most individually-talented unit on the entire defense. Both CBs (one homegrown, and one a transfer from Georgia) are next-level prospects, and the young pups (Donnell Lewis and especially Christian Carpenter, a great athlete who will be an All-American before it's all said and done IMO) are very fast and talented and getting better every week.

Our issues against the pass have been twofold: schematically and lack of a consistent pass rush outside of Delaire. If you saw the EIU game, you would have noticed how we played a soft zone or off-man the first two defensive possessions - and Garoppolo led them right down the field to two TDs. Then - finally!! - we made an in-game adjustment and went to more press man-to-man on the edges, and dared the EIU receivers to beat our CBs deep in the snow. And lo and behold, after TDs on their first 2 possessions and a 14-0 lead, EIU went punt, downs, punt, punt, fumble on the next 5 - as we roared back to take a 21-0 lead - before they were able to score again (and then only after we fumbled the 2nd half KO and gave them the ball on our 36 yard line).

If they're put in position to make plays, and if they're not hung out to dry covering for 4, 5+ seconds, our secondary can be very good. Two big ifs, however.

That would work for any secondary.

DoubleH
December 19th, 2013, 02:07 PM
That would work for any secondary.

Not if you have sub-par players.

Missingnumber7
December 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM

I was thinking Towson, and still dunno. I think the weather had much more to do with the win last week, and with the extra day to prepare I can't think it hurt, however if there is a clean track and light wind I think Adams does what he wants. I think this is going to be the game to watch.

I think it could come down to who has the ball last. And games like tend to lean towards experience and I think honestly that Towson has that edge. Being a fan of FCS football I just want to see a great game. Being a Bison fan I'm torn as to who I want to see. Back to Back CAA wins would be cool, but a win over EWU would be a nice end of career game for the seniors. Good luck to both teams.

Red & Black
December 19th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I was thinking Towson, and still dunno. I think the weather had much more to do with the win last week, and with the extra day to prepare I can't think it hurt, however if there is a clean track and light wind I think Adams does what he wants. I think this is going to be the game to watch.

I think it could come down to who has the ball last. And games like tend to lean towards experience and I think honestly that Towson has that edge. Being a fan of FCS football I just want to see a great game. Being a Bison fan I'm torn as to who I want to see. Back to Back CAA wins would be cool, but a win over EWU would be a nice end of career game for the seniors. Good luck to both teams.

Experience? You are aware that this is EWU's 3rd Semi-Final appearance in four years, and that we are 9-1 in the playoffs during that stretch, yes?

DaBizon
December 19th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Ummm. 9-1 ? I call BS. You have only made it to Frisco once in the past 3 years. Did you just quit midway thru the playoffs ? There had to have been another loss in there somewhere. or else you have yourself confused with the Bison

Winindy
December 19th, 2013, 11:27 PM
4-0 in 2010. 2-1 in 2012. 2-0 this year. looks like 8-1 to me. A win Saturday would be 9-1

HannahO
December 19th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Ummm. 9-1 ? I call BS. You have only made it to Frisco once in the past 3 years. Did you just quit midway thru the playoffs ? There had to have been another loss in there somewhere. or else you have yourself confused with the Bison

Ok, let's see 2010 - wins over SEMO, NDSU, Villanova, and Delaware. Result = Chipper (4-0)
2012 - wins over Wagner, Illinois State, Loss to SHSU. Result = Semifinal (2-1)
2013 - wins over SDSU and JSU. Result = Semifinal appearance (2-0)

Looks like 8-1 not 9-1 but no other losses. Read the assertion, he said over third semifinal appearance over the last four years and that record during the stretch.

NDSUSR
December 20th, 2013, 12:05 AM
But what about 2011? Oh yeah, lets not talk about that....

CPrice91
December 20th, 2013, 03:16 AM

Weak smack...not an Eastern fan but minus one win his post was 100% correct.

Mr. C
December 20th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Mr. C and Towson pulled into town last night. It was like 17 degrees, but a refreshing 17 degrees after several hours on a stuffy plane. It is suppose to snow on Friday, beginning at about 11 a.m. local time and should be snowing for the Towson walk-through. Weather is suppose to be better for Saturday's game. I can't wait to see the Tabasco Turf at Roos Field this afternoon.

tomq04
December 20th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Excited as ever, hopefully the NDSU game will be awesome tonight to hold my nerves over.

UIWWildthing
December 20th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Looks like it's going to be a clear day for football, all the snow is coming into Cheney today per the Weather Channel. Getting ramped up for tomorrow, gonna watch the UNH/NDSU game to tide me over.

Mr. C
December 20th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Looks like it's going to be a clear day for football, all the snow is coming into Cheney today per the Weather Channel. Getting ramped up for tomorrow, gonna watch the UNH/NDSU game to tide me over.
Are you in town, or are you watching on TV?

UIWWildthing
December 20th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I wish I had the time (and money!) to see this in person, but I'll be in the comfort of my living room for this one

fmrbearkat
December 20th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Ok, let's see 2010 - wins over SEMO, NDSU, Villanova, and Delaware. Result = Chipper (4-0)
2012 - wins over Wagner, Illinois State, Loss to SHSU. Result = Semifinal (2-1)
2013 - wins over SDSU and JSU. Result = Semifinal appearance (2-0)

Looks like 8-1 not 9-1 but no other losses. Read the assertion, he said over third semifinal appearance over the last four years and that record during the stretch.

But your 0-2 against SHSU in Cheney but somehow your 9-1 since 2010? For the record I like EWU in this one but I also liked EIU and SELA last week. Towson played alot more disciplined football last week than the first game I saw them play and if they can do that again then they will win. If they revert back to their Detroit Lions style of football they don't have a chance.

Red & Black
December 20th, 2013, 12:58 PM

I mis-counted. We are 8-1 in the playoffs, thus far, since 2010, with the only loss being to SHSU. What are your questions?

Red & Black
December 20th, 2013, 01:00 PM
But your 0-2 against SHSU in Cheney but somehow your 9-1 since 2010? For the record I like EWU in this one but I also liked EIU and SELA last week. Towson played alot more disciplined football last week than the first game I saw them play and if they can do that again then they will win. If they revert back to their Detroit Lions style of football they don't have a chance.

0-2 versus SHSU, yes, with one of those losses being in 2004. What don't you understand about 8-1 in the playoffs since 2010?

DaBizon
December 20th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Sorry about the 9-1 playoff call out. I was wrong.
Forgot that EWU didnt make the playoffs in 2011. :-P

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 20th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Listening to Beau Baldwin on the Tim Brando Show..

Mr. C
December 20th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I wish I had the time (and money!) to see this in person, but I'll be in the comfort of my living room for this one
I'll be in the press box to describe all of the goings on. So relax and enjoy.

Mr. C
December 20th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Listening to Beau Baldwin on the Tim Brando Show..
I had heard on the way to Baltimore on Thursday that Rob Ambrose was going to be on with Tim Brando sometime today.

Mr. C
December 20th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I am sitting in the press box at Woodward Stadium/Roos Field as Towson is doing its walk-through. The Tabasco Turf is completely covered in snow now and we could have as much as a foot (heard differing amounts predicted) before the storm ends in the early evening. There was just a smattering of snow on the field when Eastern Washington worked out at 11 a.m. If it was a Friday game, like last week's Eastern Illinois-Towson game, it would have been maybe worse conditions than the quarterfinal game. The challenge will be the clear the field for Saturday's 11 a.m. local start time.

fmrbearkat
December 20th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I mis-counted. We are 8-1 in the playoffs, thus far, since 2010, with the only loss being to SHSU. What are your questions?

My bad....I was thinking EWU was in the group of big sky teams we beat in 2011.

tomq04
December 20th, 2013, 05:26 PM
The challenge will be the clear the field for Saturday's 11 a.m. local start time.

Snow is supposed to stop before kick off, clearing the field won't be too difficult.

NDSUSR
December 20th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Sending 50 drums of Visine.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/abc_gma_visine_120814_wg.jpg

bojeta
December 20th, 2013, 05:37 PM
My bad....I was thinking EWU was in the group of big sky teams we beat in 2011.

I'm sort of confused here... Isn't EWU the one that HAS a national championship trophy?

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I'm sort of confused here... Isn't EWU the one that HAS a national championship trophy?

Try to keep up. National championships don't matter, only mythical conference ones.

fmrbearkat
December 20th, 2013, 06:53 PM

Damn defensive....I wasn't trash talking EWU. I've been a fan of y'all's all year long. I was talking very highly about the Eags after the SHSU game this year.

Just realized you were a poly fan. Was also talking very highly of y'all coming into the season. You have never seen any disrespect from me about the big sky.

bojeta
December 20th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Damn defensive....I wasn't trash talking EWU. I've been a fan of y'all's all year long. I was talking very highly about the Eags after the SHSU game this year.

My appologies. I guess I'm so sick of Nickel's posts that I just let one fly. Let's all enjoy the playoffs, and hope the best team wins! :)

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2013, 08:46 PM
A pretender.

Funny, coming from the two-time defending National Runners-up!

Texas
December 20th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Funny, coming from the two-time defending National Runners-up!

That's beaten you how many times?

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Mr. C and Towson pulled into town last night. It was like 17 degrees, but a refreshing 17 degrees after several hours on a stuffy plane. It is suppose to snow on Friday, beginning at about 11 a.m. local time and should be snowing for the Towson walk-through. Weather is suppose to be better for Saturday's game. I can't wait to see the Tabasco Turf at Roos Field this afternoon.
Enjoy your time in quaint little Cheney. You'll be treated to a very exciting offense from EWU. xnodx

TigerFen
December 20th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Really looking forward to the game. Thinking Towson wins this game in a close one. Something along the lines of 34-27 on this one. Hoping Towson doesn't have a bad first quarter like last week.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2013, 08:55 PM
That's beaten you how many times?

And that matters why? Oh yeah, you don't have any of these:

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2011/01/07/12_t400.jpg?fd5af0684d698ce74dd4392bafb4f89a6dc66e e3

Sorry bear scat, Eagles have bigger fish to fry. xcoffeex

DaBizon
December 20th, 2013, 08:56 PM
EWU better purposely lose tomorrow, because NDSU will crush them so friggin bad . Might even hurt their dancing little QB.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2013, 08:58 PM
EWU better purposely lose tomorrow, because NDSU will crush them so friggin bad . Might even hurt their dancing little QB.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

xlolx

Texas
December 20th, 2013, 09:09 PM
xlolx

Time to count down for your disappearance. Make sure you check in sooner next time I thought you killed yourself when SHSU beat you.

http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/washington-suicide-hotlines.html

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Time to count down for your disappearance. Make sure you check in sooner next time I thought you killed yourself when SHSU beat you.

http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/washington-suicide-hotlines.html

Yep, 15 days or so and counting. Gonna be a sweet vacation celebrating NC #2 all offseason. How's your offseason going, spanky?

Texas
December 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Yep, 15 days or so and counting. Gonna be a sweet vacation celebrating NC #2 all offseason. How's your offseason going, spanky?

Yeah keep that hotline handy. Reality is gonna hit you hard.

tomq04
December 20th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Gotta hand it to SHSU, I don't think anyone has a shot against this years Bison; better 2nd than not.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Yeah keep that hotline handy. Reality is gonna hit you hard.

Not as hard as all the guys who hit you in the head......

while you were still in the womb.

Texas
December 20th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Not as hard as all the guys who hit you in the head......

while you were still in the womb.

http://youtu.be/eGzfx6YC0uw

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2013, 11:04 PM
http://youtu.be/eGzfx6YC0uw

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/atpuHJjTS6o/hqdefault.jpg

Southern Bison
December 21st, 2013, 12:34 AM
The Creamed-on Beagle is talking quite a bit considering his team has yet to advance to Frisco. Is Bill Fette going be sitting in the President's suite tomorrow?

OrygunBison
December 21st, 2013, 12:41 AM
Ever since December of 2010, I have really disliked EWU, Cheney and everything about that program. I have never been more bitter about a loss than that one. That said, I am really going to be rooting for the Eagles tomorrow. Not because I dislike Towson. In fact, I really like their type of football and what they bring to the field.

It is just that I want revenge. I want these seniors to be in a position to embarrass those stupid eagles on a neutral field. (Well, I don't think it'll be so neutral, actually.) I want, more than anything I've wanted in awhile, to see my team completely tear apart another team. Tonight, I was actually feeling bad for UNH and was kinda glad the third string didn't stop them on that last drive. In Frisco, against EWU, I want them to not let up on the gas, to not burn the clock. I want them to run up the score. I want absolute and complete humiliation. I want to set their program back 10 years.

Go Eagles!!!

OrygunBison
December 21st, 2013, 12:51 AM
BTW - To the Towson fans going to Cheney for the game...

If you have never been to the Pacific Northwest before and Cheney is your first real experience, let me personally apologize to you in advance for the ****ty atmosphere and the lack of a welcome that you will receive at Poos Stadium and the City of Cheney. Most of us in the Northwest are good people, easy going, and have a way of making visitors feel really welcome. Generally, people want to come back or move here. Unfortunately, you're in Cheney and people hate themselves there. They hate that you're spending your money there, that you're tailgating there, that you even made the effort. It is hands down the worst experience that I have ever had going to a game, and it is not just because we lost but rather how we were treated the whole time we were in that ****hole.

Towson fans, do yourself a favor and stay in Spokane, eat/drink in Spokane and get out as soon as you can. Don't bother investing a nickel in Cheney or that university. They don't want you or your money, sorry to say.

Drblankstare
December 21st, 2013, 01:18 AM
^Nickles has 2 accounts?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 06:20 AM
^Nickles has 2 accounts?

No....he is on BV too.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2013, 06:24 AM
well this is looking like the conciliation Bowl..... Will either team want to win this game now?

TigerFen
December 21st, 2013, 06:33 AM
well this is looking like the conciliation Bowl..... Will either team want to win this game now?

This is not the concilation bowl. If Towson wins, I don't think the Bison have faced as Physical of a team as Towson yet. Personally, I don't want a three time champion in FCS. I want someone new there.

kalm
December 21st, 2013, 06:58 AM
BTW - To the Towson fans going to Cheney for the game...

If you have never been to the Pacific Northwest before and Cheney is your first real experience, let me personally apologize to you in advance for the ****ty atmosphere and the lack of a welcome that you will receive at Poos Stadium and the City of Cheney. Most of us in the Northwest are good people, easy going, and have a way of making visitors feel really welcome. Generally, people want to come back or move here. Unfortunately, you're in Cheney and people hate themselves there. They hate that you're spending your money there, that you're tailgating there, that you even made the effort. It is hands down the worst experience that I have ever had going to a game, and it is not just because we lost but rather how we were treated the whole time we were in that ****hole.

Towson fans, do yourself a favor and stay in Spokane, eat/drink in Spokane and get out as soon as you can. Don't bother investing a nickel in Cheney or that university. They don't want you or your money, sorry to say.

Are you going to be OK?xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 21st, 2013, 09:18 AM
Are you going to be OK?xlolx

Seriously, he might want to think about calling Texass' hotline. xlolx

DoubleH
December 21st, 2013, 09:38 AM
I'm thinking our running game dominates today. I'm thinking we take care of the football and win the turnover battle. And I'm thinking we are simply too physical for the Eagles' finesse offense, taking away Forte and making them one-dimensional. Tigers roll, 48-31.

Twentysix
December 21st, 2013, 09:48 AM
This is not the concilation bowl. If Towson wins, I don't think the Bison have faced as Physical of a team as Towson yet. Personally, I don't want a three time champion in FCS. I want someone new there.

I will be surprised if Towson is as physical as UNI.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2013, 09:56 AM
I will be surprised if Towson is as physical as UNI.

Towson getting way to much AGS love, They will find a way to choke on it

Screamin_Eagle174
December 21st, 2013, 09:57 AM
I'm thinking our running game dominates today. I'm thinking we take care of the football and win the turnover battle. And I'm thinking we are simply too physical for the Eagles' finesse offense, taking away Forte and making them one-dimensional. Tigers roll, 48-31.
I'm thinking you're drunk already.

Theee Catrabbit
December 21st, 2013, 09:58 AM
I don't have a dog in the fight, and really could care less who gets the princess award to be trounced by NDSU at their next home game on National TV, but I think EWU walks away a winner. Either way the winner gets to be dressed down and embarrassed on ESPN. Please don't let your children watch the NC game, the beating will be bloody and severe........

Wallace
December 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
what is the link to free online listening?

Missingnumber7
December 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
So Towson is now better than KState, and personally i think UNI was the most physical game we played but KState was definitely the most physical team.

Theee Catrabbit
December 21st, 2013, 10:07 AM
If Towson wins, I don't think the Bison have faced as Physical of a team as Towson yet.

Just K-State and the MVFC.....but you did beat a 3-9 UConn team.....so I guess you're right......it's good to have optimism.....

DoubleH
December 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
I'm thinking you're drunk already.

xbeerchugxxbeerchugx

Wallace
December 21st, 2013, 10:15 AM
is this the free audio stream? http://spokaneradio.com/player/kxlxam.html at http://www.700espn.com/#

Screamin_Eagle174
December 21st, 2013, 10:32 AM
is this the free audio stream? http://spokaneradio.com/player/kxlxam.html at http://www.700espn.com/#
Yes.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 21st, 2013, 10:34 AM
xbeerchugxxbeerchugx

Good luck to Townson today. Still a little too early to start drinking over here, as it's only 8:30. Then again, I do have screwdriver supplies. xnodx

Wallace
December 21st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Towson wants $50 to listen to the game

semobison
December 21st, 2013, 10:47 AM
Good luck to Townson today. Still a little too early to start drinking over here, as it's only 8:30. Then again, I do have screwdriver supplies. xnodx

Does alcohol enhance your charming personality?? Good luck to both teams today! Im going to kick back and enjoy the game!

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2013, 10:48 AM
Best of luck to both teams and may the best team win. Hopefully no injuries and a good game for both. Looking forward to watching it.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 21st, 2013, 10:50 AM
Towson wants $50 to listen to the game

Ain't nothin' free in Baltimore!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM
Does alcohol enhance your charming personality?? Good luck to both teams today! Im going to kick back and enjoy the game!
You might get to find out in Frisco if you play your cards right. :D

Wilson16
December 21st, 2013, 11:02 AM
Good luck to team Dirty Tampon! Hoping to get a chance to dispose of you in Frisco.

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 11:52 AM
When we arrived about 9 a.m., there were already folks out in the parking lots doing some serious tailgating.

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM
The field has been mostly cleared, though the remanent of snow on the surface is cutting the glare of the Tabasco Turf. It was sunny about an hour ago, but now fog is creeping in and the lights have been turned on. EWU had sold 6,000 tickets as of yesterday and should get a decent walk-up crowd. It was in the teens when we left the hotel in Spokane this morning and is currently 19 degrees in Cheney, with a high of 29 predicted. Towson coach Rob Ambrose, a former Tiger QB, is throwing pass routes to some team personnel on the field right now, while a fw players from both teams are out loosening up.

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 12:01 PM
You have to love a press box that serves up hot chocolate and apple fritters before games. EWU SID Dave Cook is one of the top SIDs in FCS.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 21st, 2013, 12:08 PM
You have to love a press box that serves up hot chocolate and apple fritters before games. EWU SID Dave Cook is one of the top SIDs in FCS.
Good to hear!

Say hi to the Eagle greats who are also there, if you happen to see them.

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1493158_10151782289105738_83090613_n.jpg

Screamin_Eagle174
December 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
When we arrived about 9 a.m., there were already folks out in the parking lots doing some serious tailgating.

I would be one of them if I were there. Feels weird if you're at home and not a tailgate. Starting off with some spiced rum, gonna finish with a growler of Warhorse IPA. Then off to the bar with a few friends to celebrate the victory, or toast to a great season.

xbeerchugx

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 12:31 PM
From what Dave Cook told me, most of the EWU greats will be here today. For those who have never been to Woodward Stadium and Roos Field, there are some nice pictures on the signage of Eagle greats like Erik Meyer, Greg Peach (one of my personal favorites), J.C. Sherrett, Bo Levi Mitchell, Brandon Kaufman, Vernon Adams and coach Beau Baldwin. I'm sure Connor Kupp will join their ranks by next season after winning the Jerry Rice Award this week.

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 12:33 PM
30 minutes until game time as both teams are working out in the fog.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 21st, 2013, 12:45 PM
From what Dave Cook told me, most of the EWU greats will be here today. For those who have never been to Woodward Stadium and Roos Field, there are some nice pictures on the signage of Eagle greats like Erik Meyer, Greg Peach (one of my personal favorites), J.C. Sherrett, Bo Levi Mitchell, Brandon Kaufman, Vernon Adams and coach Beau Baldwin. I'm sure Connor Kupp will join their ranks by next season after winning the Jerry Rice Award this week.
Cooper Kupp.

I saw Greg Peach last week vs. JSU, and Nichols earlier vs MSU. I think Meyer's been to the last two since CWU's season ended. It's definitely good to see all the Eagle greats (along with a lot of other Eagle alum) coming back to support this year's team.

UIWWildthing
December 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Just wanted to say to the EWU fans good luck today and may the better team win.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 21st, 2013, 12:49 PM
Likewise. Should be an entertaining battle!

TSU86
December 21st, 2013, 12:56 PM
That would be us !!!!!!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx

UIWWildthing
December 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
That would be us !!!!!!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx
Well yeah :)

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
The anthem just was sung and we are five minutes from game time.

DoubleH
December 21st, 2013, 01:00 PM
GAME TIME!!! Towson rolls in t-minus...

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 01:01 PM
Eastern Washington won the toss and deferred. Towson will get the ball first.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 01:01 PM
ESPNU still has the frickin Kentucky BB on....xblehx

Bison56
December 21st, 2013, 01:03 PM
A basketball game with 1 min left will take10 min to finish.xthumbsdownx

Wallace
December 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Eastern Washington won the toss and deferred. Towson will get the ball first.

and win the game, right Dave - non-stop ECB

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 01:05 PM
The kickoff banged off a Towson player and scrambles around before the Tigers recovered at the TU 27. Near disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

and win the game, right Dave - non-stop ECB
Get lost troll.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM
Frickin BB...

Southern Bison
ESPNU still has the frickin Kentucky BB on....xblehx

Epic Fail by ESPN once again! We'll probably see it happen in 2 weeks for the Natty as well.

Mr. C
West runs to the 40 after some formation moves. Pass for 18 from Athens to FB Holder to the EWU 42.

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM
West sweeps and shows great balance as he breaks the single-season rushing of Jamaal Branch as he goes to the EWU 21.

West is stopped at the 16 on 1st down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM
Stands do not look full

Wallace
December 21st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Get lost troll.

LOL Mr. Biased

Mr. C
Wildcat formation and direct snap to Victor, who is cut down nicely at the EWU 12. 3rd and 1.

Nickels
Dumbass EWU fans. The other team runs for 4 to set up a 3rd and 1 and they cheer.

Mr. C
West gets the first down, fumbles and recovers it at the 2. First and goal.

Bison56
Congrats to West on the record!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 01:09 PM
WOW...fumble and still recover...

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 01:10 PM
West is stopped at the one on two consecutive plays. 3rd and goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Play fake by Athens and a 1-yard TD pass to Holder out of the backfield from FB.

Bison56
December 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM
TD Towson.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM
Nice call on play action pass.

Good start for Towson.

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Towson 7, Eastern Washington 0, 10:29 left in the first period.

- - - Updated - - -

Drew Evangelista looked like he was using his sand wedge on his PAT.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Holy crap it is foggy there.

Could hardly see the x-point on TV....

Southern Bison
December 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM
It's like watching a strawberry milkshake...

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM
Soven grounder on the kickoff, it is fumbled and EWU recovers at the Eagle 31.

Nickels
December 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM
If we rushed for 450, I could definitely see Towson going for that if not more. I swear Incarnate Word & Texas Southern's D were better.

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 01:18 PM
Pistol formation and Forte rumbles to the 44 for EWU.

- - - Updated - - -

Forte is stacked after gaining 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Trips left, false start on EWU. 2nd and 14 from the EWU 39.

- - - Updated - - -

Double slot, Adams slips and runs before sliding at the 44. Good coverage for Towson. 3rd and 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Trips left and 15 yards on double-coverage and a crossing route from freshman Connor Kupp at the TU 41.

UIWWildthing
This Cooper Kupp kid is pretty good

Mr. C
Trips left, Kupp post down to the 12, fumbles and Towson recovers. Donnell Lewis force and Tye Smith recovers. It is under review, but should stand.

Nickels
December 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
FUMBLE! Nice job flopper.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Big fumble by EWU...LOL

Southern Bison
That's 1 turnover...how many will Ewww cough up today?

Nickels
December 21st, 2013, 01:20 PM
This Cooper Kupp kid is pretty good
yeah he's Towson's MVP thus far.

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 01:20 PM
Towson keeps the ball on review.

- - - Updated - - -

West hard through the line to the TU 22.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 01:21 PM
Looks like West if headed for 200+ yards....

UIWWildthing
December 21st, 2013, 01:21 PM
LOVE that trickery! Great pass

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
Nice call on RB pass.....LOL

Go Tigers!

Screamin_Eagle174
That's ****ing BS, that was offensive PI.

Nickels
Eww fans should start booing their team instead of the refs.

Wilson16
These defenses suck

Mr. C
Fullhouse pistol formation and backup QB Connor Frazier throws to Derrick Joseph with a one-handed catch as pass interference is called on EWU. 1st down at the 38.

West is stopped for a four-yard loss.

Nickels

I agree 24 was all over the receiver.

edit- oops didnt see offensive

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Square in for Joseph and Athens with a nice pass for 16 yards to the EWU 16.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2013, 01:23 PM
If Towson can run and pass then EWU is in big trouble...

Mr. C
December 21st, 2013, 01:24 PM
Emmanuel Holder takes out two defenders with a block to free West on a sweep to the 8. 2nd and 2.

Bison Fan in NW MN
EWU's #104 ranked defense is really good......lol

Mr. C
West powers to the five for a first and goal.

Nickels
December 21st, 2013, 01:25 PM
If Towson can run and pass then EWU is in big trouble...
they're currently averaging 7.1 per rush. they don't even need to pass.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
West for a TD!!

Mr. C
Frazier keeps and runs from the shotgun to the one.

West with his record 40th TD this season whirlybirding in from the one.

centennial
14-0. BAHAHAHA

Bison56
You cant hold the wr arm. good call.

Mr. C
Towson 14, Eastern Washington 0, 4:40 left in the first period.

NDSUSR
Whats up with West running to the sideline for the high 5?

Go Lehigh TU owl
Towson OL looks really good...

EWU will move the ball, just can't screw up...

IBleedYellow
December 21st, 2013, 01:27 PM

You're serious, aren't you? The defender was holding the receivers hand.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk