PDA

View Full Version : Semifinal Times

melloware13
December 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
This is what I would guess at this point, figuring the main decision factors on whether EWU wins.
Friday, 12/20 - 8 PM (EST) - ESPN2: UNH/SELA @ NDSU or Towson @ EWU
Saturday, 12/21 - 2 PM (EST) - ESPNU: JSU @ Towson or UNH/SELA @ NDSU

If I were in charge, that would be how it is, because it makes sense to put the late game farther west. However, it probably depends on how the money talk$.

Bisonwinagn
December 14th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Already saw a tweet NDSU is on Friday night 7pm ESPN2.

UIWWildthing
December 14th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Already saw a tweet NDSU is on Friday night 7pm ESPN2.
Even if EWU wins today?

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
They announced it over the PA at the end of the Bison game

Hammerhead
December 14th, 2013, 05:15 PM
ESPN and/or the NCAA might have pushed for the game played indoors to be the night game in case it's cold where the other semifinal is played.

TigerFen
December 14th, 2013, 07:21 PM
That makes sense for the NDSU game to be the Primetime game in case of weather in EWU. EWU is expected to be 28 degrees on Saturday, so I can imagine it would be 15 or so on Friday night.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 07:41 PM
ESPN is in love with NDSU. They got the Friday last year too.

hebmskebm
December 14th, 2013, 07:49 PM
ESPN is in love with NDSU. They got the Friday last year too.

The sold out Fargodome looks good on TV! I think ESPN doesn't want a national audience on one of its major networks looking at EWU's blood red for three hours. Get a lot of casual channel surfers going "WTF, what's wrong with my TV?" I like it but I admit it's an acquired taste. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 07:51 PM
The sold out Fargodome looks good on TV! I think ESPN doesn't want a national audience on one of its major networks looking at EWU's blood red for three hours. Get a lot of casual channel surfers going "WTF, what's wrong with my TV?" I like it but I admit it's an acquired taste. :D

3 years and I still have yet to acquire the taste.

That said, at least they went with black jerseys and a darker red for the helmets. They must have heard some of the criticism

kdinva
December 14th, 2013, 09:14 PM
ESPN and/or the NCAA might have pushed for the game played indoors to be the night game in case it's cold where the other semifinal is played.

makes sense to me........

centennial
December 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Cannot stand that red field. Gives me a headache.