PDA

View Full Version : Conque out at UCA

BEAR
December 14th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Stephen F. Austin (FCS - TX): Sources confirm to us that Central Arkansas (FCS) head coach Clint Conque will be the new head coach at Stephen F. Austin. Conque just completed his 14th season at the helm at Central Arkansas winning over 100 games at the University.

14 years as head coach... it was time..if true. xnodx

WileECoyote06
December 14th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Wow! Isn't this a lateral move? Stephen F, must be paying out the wazzoo.

BEAR
December 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah, UCA alum don't give much.... sadly. Plus he's toward the end of his coaching career. 3 decades I believe. Glad he can leave with school records and some conference championships.

BEAR
December 14th, 2013, 11:46 AM
He's going from $141k to maybe $160k... gotta be other reasons. But I wish him well...until they play us.

Who to replace him... QB coach Nathan Brown? Man is good. Hmmmm. xlolx

BEAR
December 14th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I guess winning programs like NDSU and UCA lose their coaches to _______ programs.... (c'mon Bison fans.... fill in the blank... ) xlolx

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Obviously the right choice by conque

Texas
December 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
What a terrible move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Texas
December 14th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I guess winning programs like NDSU and UCA lose their coaches to _______ programs.... (c'mon Bison fans.... fill in the blank... ) xlolx

Wyoming was at least a good payday for Bohl.

Sammy94
December 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Texas women must be the real reason. Keep an eye on your women Nac.

TheRevSFA
December 14th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Ha!

Conque gets a bigger budget, new deal with under armour, botpw and reliant, and away from that ugly turf.

BEAR
December 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Conque will be there short term. He's waiting for a certain Texas school to open a spot... guess which one... enjoy him while you have him...

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I have had Southland Conference sources tell me that Conque is moving to SFA, too.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 01:32 PM
He's going from $141k to maybe $160k... gotta be other reasons. But I wish him well...until they play us.

Who to replace him... QB coach Nathan Brown? Man is good. Hmmmm. xlolx

That's all you ****s pay?

**** we have women's basketball coaches, and assistant men's basketball coaches making more...maybe our volleyball coach and wrestling coach...if not they are close

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

FormerPokeCenter
December 14th, 2013, 05:04 PM
The Southland Conference coaching family is pretty incestuous....Conque's had stops at Nicholls, McNeese, Louisiana Tech when it was a member, UCA and now SFA....

Stoker had stints at McNeese and Northwestern before hitting Sam...same with Mike Collins at Sam. He was at McNeese, Northwestern and ULM.

Harper and Truax were at McNeese, Northwestern and SFA...

I'm sure there are other similar stories...

Where it really gets interesting is that Harper and Truax are brothers-in-law and are married to girls who are Stoker's wife's cousins...just a few years back, Mrs. Stoker's sister had a son who was the McNeese Punter, LOL...

Holy Family Affair, Batman!

SFA 93
December 14th, 2013, 08:51 PM
LumberjackFans.com tweets

Conque gets a 5 year deal worth around $200,000 annually and will be able to bring some UCA assistants with him.

The Ville
December 15th, 2013, 05:07 PM
will be interesting to see who UCA gets as a replacement, that program's been on the rise lately and needs someone who can keep them near the top of the Southland.

Purple Pride
December 15th, 2013, 08:34 PM
per coachingsearch

"Expect Clint Conque to bring, at the least, Central Arkansas assistants Matt Williamson, Dan Augustine, Matt Kubik, and Bill Best to Stephen F. Austin"

I wonder if he'll take his wife?

BEAR
December 16th, 2013, 01:12 PM
A.D. Teague says Conque's replacement should be in by Friday. In house? Several interviews the next few days including ACU head coach, CC Florida's coach..etc.. I wonder who...

Catatonic
December 17th, 2013, 05:32 AM
A.D. Teague says Conque's replacement should be in by Friday. In house? Several interviews the next few days including ACU head coach, CC Florida's coach..etc.. I wonder who...

You sure Ken Collums is interviewing? I have not seen this anywhere, only that UCA is interested. Would not blame him for looking since he's a UCA grad and former coach. I just have not seen anything to indicate he is pursuing the job.

BEAR
December 17th, 2013, 08:26 AM
You sure Ken Collums is interviewing? I have not seen this anywhere, only that UCA is interested. Would not blame him for looking since he's a UCA grad and former coach. I just have not seen anything to indicate he is pursuing the job.

I heard this on the news or radio the other morning. Maybe they were wrong on "interest" and "interview". You have a good one there! Would love to have my old college buddy back at UCA...but I understand wanting to keep him! xthumbsupx

BEAR
December 17th, 2013, 09:09 AM
According to the state newspaper, Collums has an interview today in Conway. Sorry ACU..it's official. xlolx

Well, not official he has the job, but he officially has an interview.

The coaching carousel goes round and round!

Tubakat2014
December 17th, 2013, 09:24 AM
According to the state newspaper, Collums has an interview today in Conway. Sorry ACU..it's official. xlolx

ACU to UCA... then after a couple years he'll be fired and end up at Clark Atlanta University... CAU. Things still don't go well for him, so he starts a club team at AUC- American University in Cairo. American football becomes trendy in Egypt, and his success leads him back to the states... at ACU!

Christmas break, too much time on my hands, etc.

Catatonic
December 17th, 2013, 10:08 AM

Arizona State OC Mike Norvell is on the short list for HC at Arkansas State. Their fans are already talking about Collums as a replacement.

Hard to keep a good coach. Couldn't blame him for going back to his alma mater or for being reunited with his bro in law Chris Thomsen for the big bucks and bright lights of the PAC 12. I would be sad though.

BEAR
December 17th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Hey, I don't care who is coaching... I just want to go to games, tailgate, and enjoy the day! All this just makes my head spin.

BEAR
December 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM
via footballscoop

Stephen F. Austin: We'll have a more full rundown for you guys soon on who is going to Stephen F. Austin with coach Conque; but Matt Williamson is headed there as defensive coordinator (same role he had at UCA). Offensive line coach Bill Best is going as well. More to come...

gobears14
December 17th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't mind Tim Horton. At least our running game would probably improve! :o

Catatonic
December 17th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't mind Tim Horton. At least our running game would probably improve! :o

Especially if he brings Tre Mason along.

BEAR
December 18th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Heard Horton is out of the running... along with his running back... xlolx

Purple Pride
December 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
All assistant football coaches have resigned effective today. (Wednesday)

BEAR
December 18th, 2013, 11:04 AM
And all BEAR Fans say.......WHAT THE ************************************************** ************************************************** *************

BEAR
December 18th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Let's see:

Lose nearly 20 players to injury.
Lose ALL of coaching staff.
--------------------------------------
= clusterfudge

SFA 93
December 18th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Can we have your recruits too?

SFA 93
December 19th, 2013, 04:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb36372IEAARcNY.jpg
Coach Conque introduced today as the new head coach at Stephen F. Austin

"We have the same sense of urgency to compete. I'm not a rebuild guy, I'm a reload guy."

"I've always thought Stephen F. Austin was the crown jewel of the Southland Conference."

"I came here to win rings and championships. I came here to win the Battle of Piney Woods. I came here to win back Chief Caddo."

BEAR
December 19th, 2013, 04:26 PM
"I've always thought Stephen F. Austin was the crown jewel of the Southland Conference."

And McNeese is the gold standard of the Southland Conference.

I wonder how many more nicknames he can come up with....

Sammy94
December 19th, 2013, 04:28 PM

He's talking basketball.

SFA 93
December 19th, 2013, 04:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb4ZudNIEAEtkI9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

He's talking basketball.

that goes without saying

SFA 93
December 19th, 2013, 07:19 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/sasu/graphics/Welcome-to-SFA-splash.jpg

Purple Pride
December 19th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Damn. Did he dress in the dark? Lol

Sammy94
December 20th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Did he bring his wife or was she the first #axe'em victim?

McNeese75
December 20th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Did he bring his wife or was she the first #axe'em victim?

You obviously have not seen his wife. I seriously doubt he is going to leave that in ARK.

Texas
December 20th, 2013, 09:58 AM
You obviously have not seen his wife. I seriously doubt he is going to leave that in ARK.

Do post pictures

SFA 93
December 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sasu/sports/m-footbl/auto_player/9557324.jpeg

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sasu/sports/m-footbl/auto_player/9557315.jpeg

BEAR
December 20th, 2013, 10:19 AM
She left him years ago.... ( he had trouble keeping it in his pants )

Any pics you see posted are "courtesy" photos. xnodx

Purple Pride
December 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM
She left him years ago.... ( he had trouble keeping it in his pants )

Any pics you see posted are "courtesy" photos. xnodx
Guess they don't know about 2010. ROFLMAO

BEAR
December 20th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Here's a little knowledge for you lumberjacks...

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/UCAs-Coach-Clint-Conque-releases-statement-on/d/story/182fWwblH0qZTp7HT2hKRQ

Purple Pride
December 20th, 2013, 11:13 AM
In all honesty, though, he never said that the "inappropriate relationship" was with a woman. Lmao

Tubakat2014
December 20th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Hopefully he can keep the little Conquer where it belongs.

BEAR
December 20th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Hopefully he can keep the little Conquer where it belongs.

That's his hammer of Thor... and after a while it probably gets Thor....now he has fresh meat to pick from in Nacawhatever... xlolx

Tubakat2014
December 20th, 2013, 12:41 PM
That's his hammer of Thor... and after a while it probably gets Thor....now he has fresh meat to pick from in Nacawhatever... xlolx

When you put it that way, Thor's gonna get pretty rusty during his stay at SFA.

Sammy94
December 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM
In all honesty, though, he never said that the "inappropriate relationship" was with a woman. Lmao

Perhaps that is why he made the move. Thor and Angry Barney would make an interesting pair.

http://www.sfasu.edu/studentaffairs/images/Lumberjack_rdax_333x500.jpg

Purple Pride
December 20th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Perhaps that is why he made the move. Thor and Angry Barney would make an interesting pair.

http://www.sfasu.edu/studentaffairs/images/Lumberjack_rdax_333x500.jpg

Lol NOW it's all starting to make more sense.

BEAR
December 20th, 2013, 04:39 PM
New coach is making $185,000.

Conque is making $200,000.

Everyone seems happy.

By the way, Campbell's team beat NDSU for the natty title.