PDA

View Full Version : Better NFL Prospect: Garrapolo or West?

tu_fan
December 14th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Both should be drafted next year. I think it is likely that T-West declares for the draft.

lionsrking2
December 14th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Both should be drafted next year. I think it is likely that T-West declares for the draft.

West reminds me a lot of Matt Forte, who is from our neck of the woods. Forte is a little bigger but both have similar styles. As for the better prospect, West has the skill set to be a starter ... Garrapolo is more of a backup IMO.

TU Tiger Town
December 14th, 2013, 01:02 AM

It kills me but I think he does too, seeing that 4 of 5 OL men are seniors, I think his stock is highest right now, especially after tonight game!!

As for NFL.. QBs will always have the highest potential contribution to a team, but a lower chance to make that impact compared to RBs. The chances of T-West even being a starter are much higher than JG due to the nature of the positions. Realistically T-West could be a starter or a complement back for a couple of years while JG, if he makes it to the NFL, will likely be a journeyman if he stays around for that long.

On the other hand he could come out of nowhere and be like his EIU brethren Romo...

In the end I'd say T-West has a more impactful, if shorter, NFL career.

LoneStar
December 14th, 2013, 01:04 AM
West reminds me a lot of Matt Forte, who is from our neck of the woods. Forte is a little bigger but both have similar styles. As for the better prospect, West has the skill set to be a starter ... Garrapolo is more of a backup IMO.

Actually, after watching him play for the last three years, he does remind me of someone from Louisiana but that would be Cecil Collins who had a brief career but he was incredible when he did play for LSU.

lionsrking2
December 14th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Actually, after watching him play for the last three years, he does remind me of someone from Louisiana but that would be Cecil Collins who had a brief career but he was incredible when he did play for LSU.

I can see a little Cecil there.

TigerFen
December 14th, 2013, 06:31 AM
I think both get drafted for Sundays. I'm not sure whether Terrence leaves after this year especially after he takes Towson to the Semi-Finals or further. I would say Terrence West isn't a running back that most teams look for these days. They seem to be looking for a Ray Rice type who can use their speed to run around guys or catch passes. He's caught more balls this year, but historically hasn't. I would say Garrapolo has the longer NFL career even though he gets drafted later in the draft than West does.

blueballs
December 14th, 2013, 07:04 AM
There are 5 QB's in the SEC alone I would take over Garappolo.

West, on the other hand, he's a grown f-ing man and is ready to be drafted and play next year.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Is West really that fast or was the E Illinois just a 1/2 step slower than expected

danefan
December 14th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Is West really that fast or was the E Illinois just a 1/2 step slower than expected

He is really that fast. He's the full package.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 11:51 AM
West.

EIU played no body and Garappplo put huge numbers up against in doing so.

West will be at least what Toby Gerhart is.

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

unhfan1
December 14th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Some say West is a better college running back than Brian Westbrook was at Nova.

NDSUSR
December 14th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Hands down West.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I don't see Garoppolo as more than a No. 3 QB. I like his feet and his touch on the ball. I'm not sure he has a plus-arm, however. The system he is in also hurts his development.

West has a chance to be an NFL star, or at least a solid ground-gainer. He has speed, vision, great moves, balance, all of the things a good back needs at the next level. One of his five TDs against EIU was nothing short of an NFL play.

blueballs
December 14th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Some say West is a better college running back than Brian Westbrook was at Nova.

I wouldn't go that far...Westbrook was the full package as a runner, receiver, and return man. Folks tend to forget how good he really was.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I don't see Garoppolo as more than a No. 3 QB. I like his feet and his touch on the ball. I'm not sure he has a plus-arm, however. The system he is in also hurts his development.

West has a chance to be an NFL star, or at least a solid ground-gainer. He has speed, vision, great moves, balance, all of the things a good back needs at the next level. One of his five TDs against EIU was nothing short of an NFL play.
Like I said...West will be at least as good (if not better) than Gerhart in the NFL.

FWIW, Toby averages 4.8 yards per carry over his career. He's been stuck behind AP but has 276 carries for 1,306 yards. That could easily be a season for him if he was a starter.

blukeys
December 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't go that far...Westbrook was the full package as a runner, receiver, and return man. Folks tend to forget how good he really was.

I agree. But as someone who has seen both West and Westbrook in person, it is unfair to make comparisons. They are style wise different backs.

Westbrook's strength was the burst of speed he could turn on whenever he needed to. Westbrook was at his best in open space. That is why he was a great receiver and kick returner.

West has a great combination of size and speed. He is not as elusive as Westbrook but he doesn't need to be. He can run over people.

Westbrook by the way was listed as being 5'9". I have stood next to Westbrook and he is 5'7" on his best day.

Which back you prefer depends more on your style of offense.

Westbrook was drafted in the 3rd round. I talked with an Eagles fan who said that Philly wasted a draft pick out of sympathy for a local guy. I informed him that it was the best pick of the entire draft and I was just happy that Westbrook was finally out of college eligibility.

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2013, 02:02 PM
West. QBs in the NFL can be such a crapshoot, it's hard to tell how their game will translate, RBs seem to be more of a known quanity.

UNHknowledge
December 14th, 2013, 02:12 PM

Yes, Cecil the Diesel...great reference. T. West is as real as they come. JG is damn good too, but West is totally NFL ready. Would he be the first FCS guy to come out early and be a top 3rd pick if that happened?

Sycamore62
December 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM
I think west will play sooner. I don't hear about teams "developing" a RB. On the other hand, I thin JG will be drafted in the 1st few rounds and be in the league for a while. I could see him develop into a starter. He has all the things an NfL QB needs

blukeys
December 14th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I think west will play sooner. I don't hear about teams "developing" a RB. On the other hand, I thin JG will be drafted in the 1st few rounds and be in the league for a while. I could see him develop into a starter. He has all the things an NfL QB needs

The guy can't throw the deep out. Mr. C is correct he is at best a 3rd teamer.

You Midwest guys have no clue. I have seen Midwest fans say that the 2007 UNI quarterback was the equal of Joe Flacco. So where is the UNI QB bagging groceries at now?

EIU and their QB were overrated.

Sycamore62
December 14th, 2013, 07:25 PM
The guy can't throw the deep out. Mr. C is correct he is at best a 3rd teamer.

You Midwest guys have no clue. I have seen Midwest fans say that the 2007 UNI quarterback was the equal of Joe Flacco. So where is the UNI QB bagging groceries at now?

EIU and their QB were overrated.

Well apparently there are only about 25 humans on the planet that can play QB in the NFL worth a S*** at any given time. I didn't say he would be a hall of famer. I'm just saying I'll be the starts some games during his career and hangs around for a while.