PDA

View Full Version : NDSU is a "basketball school" now.....just beat ND 73-69

Sader87
December 11th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Congrats xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Can we be a full member of the Missouri Valley yet? :D xpopcornx (runs and hides from Clenz)

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Weren't we already? I mean we did get to the Dance. Granted we lost to Kansas in the first round but....

Squealofthepig
December 11th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Indiana State beat 'em earlier this season too - Notre Dame needs to stay away from Missouri Valley Schools (even those who are not full-time members).

Grats on the win - should be a good one come tourney time.

centennial
December 11th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Can we be a full member of the Missouri Valley yet? :D xpopcornx (runs and hides from Clenz)
Pretty please.

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I like it when anyone beats the those traitors in South Bend....I mean the Villanova of the Midwest. Well done xthumbsupx

MTfan4life
December 11th, 2013, 10:48 PM
There IS a College Basketball section on this website.

Laker
December 11th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Marshall Bjorklund grew up down the road from me. 26 points before fouling out. I liked it when his coach said that he has the same look on his face if he is scoring or slopping his hogs. LOL!

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2013, 10:55 PM
There IS a College Basketball section on this website.

Let them have their 15 minutes of fame. I mean this is gonna get more air time on ESPN than a 3-peat will

centennial
December 11th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Let them have their 15 minutes of fame. I mean this is gonna get more air time on ESPN than a 3-peat will
Hater. We were on ESPN for about a day for that K-State victory. This won't even come near.

Sader87
December 12th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Schadenfreude on my part.....love seeing Notre Dame lose.

Tee-shirts sold in the Holy Cross bookstore in the 1980s: "Notre Dame: Fighting Irish. Holy Cross: Winning Irish"

Cue Barbra Streisand: "Memories......"

BisonFan02
December 12th, 2013, 12:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8oFpI6bKK8&feature=youtu.be

HailSzczur
December 12th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Hater. We were on ESPN for about a day for that K-State victory. This won't even come near.

Very true. I mean you did get alittle ESPN air time this year with the whole game day thing, but I heard that was pretty low key.

centennial
December 12th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Very true. I mean you did get alittle ESPN air time this year with the whole game day thing, but I heard that was pretty low key.
http://www.technobunny.org/images/okay.png

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Bison fans don't you wonder how you beat Notre Dame but got thumped at North Dakota? Maybe the loss to UND was a wake up call for Saul.

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Bison fans don't you wonder how you beat Notre Dame but got thumped at North Dakota? Maybe the loss to UND was a wake up call for Saul.

Maybe UNDb (University of North Dakota) has a decent team, better than UNDa (University of Notre Dame).

NDSUstudent
December 12th, 2013, 07:40 AM

Remind me darell, how many games have the und the lesser won since beating us? Give you a hint, it rhymes with hero.

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Remind me darell, how many games have the und the lesser won since beating us? Give you a hint, it rhymes with hero.

And?

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Maybe UNDb (University of North Dakota) has a decent team, better than UNDa (University of Notre Dame).

Since beating NDSU UND (green and white) has lost to lesser opponents in Cal Poly, Pacific, and Bowling Green. In no way are we better than the Irish.

BisonFan02
December 12th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Since beating NDSU UND (green and white) has lost to lesser opponents in Cal Poly, Pacific, and Bowling Green. In no way are we better than the Irish.

Super Bowl hangover? Can't win on the road?

Bisonator
December 12th, 2013, 08:34 AM

Not really. UN_ just gets up to play NDSU. We are your only big game. It's pretty sad actually.

Bisonator
December 12th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Hey anyone got a link to the post game interview with Saul? I guess he was talking smack to the interviewer who happened to be a Coastal Carolina grad. xlolx

BisonFan02
December 12th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Hey anyone got a link to the post game interview with Saul? I guess he was talking smack to the interviewer who happened to be a Coastal Carolina grad. xlolx

No link, but I will try to bootleg it off my DVR today sometime xlolx

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Not really. UN_ just gets up to play NDSU. We are your only big game. It's pretty sad actually.

I wouldn't say only, fans show up for Montana and Weber State, unlike the SL not all teams make the conference tournament so all the conference games count.

BisonBacker
December 12th, 2013, 08:45 AM

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^
And it's really sad.

NDSUstudent
December 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
And?

Fluke

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Fluke
Fluke we beat NDSU or fluke SU lost to UND. ;)

NDSUstudent
December 12th, 2013, 09:08 AM

We didn't lose to UND we actually beat Notre Dame. But if you are talking about GFCC I would say it was a fluke they beat NDSU. Just look at what happened after that.

Winindy
December 12th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I tried watching that UND v NDSU game. It was unwatchable. It would have been more exciting to watch both teams line up and shoot 50 free throws before halftime and 50 after half. There were something like 60 fouls called and 80 free throws the way it was. I had to turn it off.

Bisonator
December 12th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I tried watching that UND v NDSU game. It was unwatchable. It would have been more exciting to watch both teams line up and shoot 50 free throws before halftime and 50 after half. There were something like 60 fouls called and 80 free throws the way it was. I had to turn it off.

That's BB these days.....

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 09:21 AM
We didn't lose to UND we actually beat Notre Dame. But if you are talking about GFCC I would say it was a fluke they beat NDSU. Just look at what happened after that.

Sorry I thought North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences (NDSU) lost to the University of North Dakota (UND) on November 24th. I don't know who this GFCC is?

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 09:22 AM

That's the good ol' NCAA trying to improve basketball....Epic Fail!!

F'N Hawks
December 12th, 2013, 09:23 AM

Feel better now?

NDSUstudent
December 12th, 2013, 09:28 AM

That's Saul ball for you. Don't ever, ever watch Western Ill. play basketball.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I thought North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences (NDSU) lost to the University of North Dakota (UND) on November 24th. I don't know who this GFCC is?

Grand Forks Community College just like you say Fargo University. Cute huh?

IBleedYellow
December 12th, 2013, 09:29 AM
That took half the topic to start UN_/NDSU flamewar.

FFS people.

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 09:32 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Grand Forks Community College just like the Summit League say Fargo University. Cute huh?
FIFY

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/summit-league-axes-acronyms-showcase-big-cities

F'N Hawks
December 12th, 2013, 09:34 AM

Might want to check out some box scores. For some reason NDSU fans think they play this hard-nosed, defensive style. Far from it.

NDSUstudent
December 12th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Might want to check out some box scores. For some reason NDSU fans think they play this hard-nosed, defensive style. Far from it.

I was going with the slow it WAY down offensive approach. Tough to watch sometimes. I just wish we would press once in a blue moon.

Twentysix
December 12th, 2013, 09:44 AM

Being friends with a Notre Dame fan has so many great moments.

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 09:52 AM

Being friends with a Notre Dame fan has so many great moments.

He probably lost a bet too.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 12th, 2013, 09:57 AM

I still have a sweatshirt with the full NDSU name on it. I love that.

344Johnson
December 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Big win for the Herd. Real happy to see they fed Marshall the ball. No idea how good the Irish are this year...traditionally a pretty dang good team.

Try being there....it was the most boring game of basketball I have ever watched.

Both cases are appearing to be a fluke. UND hasn't won a game since and NDSU hasn't lost! Kinda weird.

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Meh . . . been there, done that. You try beating Digger Phelps wearing those shorts.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2096/j5yp.jpg

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Meh . . . been there, done that. You try beating Digger Phelps wearing those shorts.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2096/j5yp.jpg

Digger was at the game, I bet it was hard to watch.

aces1180
December 12th, 2013, 11:32 AM
FIFY

I'd rather be known as FU (Fargo University) than UN_ or GFCC, FWIW.

Twentysix
December 12th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I'd rather be known as FU (Fargo University) than UN_ or GFCC, FWIW.

The only problem with that is the school isn't NDSU-Fargo.

The only schools to take on the name of the city they are in, are the XXXX-City (University of Nebraska-Omaha; Indiana University Purdue University-Indianapolis; etc.)

NDSUstudent
December 12th, 2013, 12:12 PM
FIFY

I didn't see anything in there about NDSU or naming it FU.

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 12:20 PM
I didn't see anything in there about NDSU or naming it FU.

And only NDSUAAS fans call UND other than UND.

NDSUstudent
December 12th, 2013, 12:23 PM
And only NDSUAAS fans call UND other than UND.

lol doh'kay

Sycamore62
December 12th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Sorry im late to this guys, ive been busy today. Yes the Sycamores also beat ND (read Notre Dame, not North Dakota).

I thought it was North Dakota too.

Carry On

Go Sycamores

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Sorry im late to this guys, ive been busy today. Yes the Sycamores also beat ND (read Notre Dame, not North Dakota).

I thought it was North Dakota too.

Carry On

Go Sycamores

You guys are having a great year, if it wasn't for 2 losses by a combined 2 points you guys would be undefeated. Good luck the rest of the year!!

Sycamore62
December 12th, 2013, 12:49 PM
You guys are having a great year, if it wasn't for 2 losses by a combined 2 points you guys would be undefeated. Good luck the rest of the year!!

Ya i hope they can win the big games they did last year and not take the dump in the not big games like they did.

aces1180
December 12th, 2013, 12:57 PM
The only problem with that is the school isn't NDSU-Fargo.

The only schools to take on the name of the city they are in, are the XXXX-City (University of Nebraska-Omaha; Indiana University Purdue University-Indianapolis; etc.)

Oh, I know...I'm just saying I would rather be called FU by UN_ fans than what we call them.

darell1976
December 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Ya i hope they can win the big games they did last year and not take the dump in the not big games like they did.

Seems Witchita is always tough, but you guys can do it!!