PDA

View Full Version : Mercer Coach Lamb gets contr. extension

kdinva
December 10th, 2013, 09:23 AM
....thru 2019, great start for them.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4646994

walliver
December 10th, 2013, 09:31 AM
This should give him enough time to get the program up and running.

Although it frequently seems that contract extensions are shortly thereafter followed by an announcement a coach is leaving.:D Although I strongly doubt that is the case here.

PaladinFan
December 10th, 2013, 10:05 AM
He certainly did an admirable job.

Circle the date. Mercer entertains Furman for what I'm sure will be the first SoCon matchup for both schools in week 2. Lot of interesting storylines there.

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 02:29 PM
He certainly did an admirable job.

Circle the date. Mercer entertains Furman for what I'm sure will be the first SoCon matchup for both schools in week 2. Lot of interesting storylines there.

Wonder if the younger Lamb is considering transferring from appy? he didn't play a down for the yosefs this season unless I missed it.

The Moody1
December 10th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Wonder if the younger Lamb is considering transferring from appy? he didn't play a down for the yosefs this season unless I missed it.

Lamb was red shirted. Should be in the mix next year.

PaladinFan
December 10th, 2013, 02:54 PM

Probably better for both groups. Mercer had a kid named John Russ quarterback for them this season, and he is on the Rice finalist list for freshman of the year. So, they certainly have a guy they feel comfortable with going forward.

Local paper says Mercer will have 30 scholarship players for 2014, 47 in 2015, and open with 63 in 2016.