PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Carolina: Luckiest Damn Team in All of FCS?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 8th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Discuss.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:19 AM
This should be discussed on saturday night. CCU could very well still lose.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Doubt it.

NDSU will be fine next Saturday.

dudeitsaid
December 8th, 2013, 12:20 AM
CCU was lucky it was so cold in Missoula today. Really through the Griz off their game! Congrats to CCU, though you guys screwed up my bracket!

Skjellyfetti
December 8th, 2013, 12:29 AM
No. They're in this position by defying the odds and dominating Montana for most of the game in Missoula. No luck in that at all.

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Or was Montana that overrated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Green26
December 8th, 2013, 12:35 AM
CC is a very good team, and played very well today. My CC friends, who were in Missoula, said it was their best game of the season. CC didn't dominate UM most of the game today; that's just not true. Played well, and didn't play poorly at any point. Had a great last 8 minutes of the first half, when they scored 3 TD's in 8 minutes or so. UM didn't play well at times. CC outplayed UM and deserved to win, but the refs were so horrible that they took away's UM chance to come back. UM outgained CC. Stats were relatively even. CC's qb had a very nice day and hurt UM numerous times.

- - - Updated - - -

No. They're in this position by defying the odds and dominating Montana for most of the game in Missoula. No luck in that at all.

As is often the case, you don't know what you're talking about.

jmrepak
December 8th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Don't try and add an asterisk to our triumph over the Griz by saying it was so cold it grew them off their game plan. All we heard all damn week was how the Carolina boys couldn't hang with Montana and wouldn't be able to stand the cold. That's asinine for the cold to go from an advantage to disadvantage just because they lost. That means the Chants won in spite of the weather.

As far as the game against NDSU goes I do think the coaching change will impact them, but they are a good football team and at the end of the day it will be a hard fought 60 minutes and the best team will win.

Coastal isn't lucky. We're just that damn good to put ourselves in this situation.

robsnotes4u
December 8th, 2013, 12:41 AM

And we have a winner

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 01:12 AM

Nail on the head.

BEAR
December 8th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Dang Terror is good! xlolx

rokamortis
December 8th, 2013, 01:29 AM
CC is a very good team, and played very well today. My CC friends, who were in Missoula, said it was their best game of the season. CC didn't dominate UM most of the game today; that's just not true. Played well, and didn't play poorly at any point. Had a great last 8 minutes of the first half, when they scored 3 TD's in 8 minutes or so. UM didn't play well at times. CC outplayed UM and deserved to win, but the refs were so horrible that they took away's UM chance to come back. UM outgained CC. Stats were relatively even. CC's qb had a very nice day and hurt UM numerous times.

As is often the case, you don't know what you're talking about.

Please stop making excuses. Coastal had its ups and down just like Montana did. The better team won on the road in a hostile environment.

rokamortis
December 8th, 2013, 01:30 AM
CCU was lucky it was so cold in Missoula today. Really through the Griz off their game! Congrats to CCU, though you guys screwed up my bracket!

Are you being serious?

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 01:32 AM
How are they lucky? They looked like a damn good team that outplayed the Griz. Excited to see them next week in the dome.

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Lucky? How long is your bias against Montana going to reign on these threads, LFN? Are you saying that you wouldn't think they would have stood a chance traveling to McNeese State? No use trying to downgrade Coastal Carolina simply because you don't like Montana.

rokamortis
December 8th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Discuss.

For me - I don't think we are lucky to have drawn Montana (long trip, record cold, loud fans, good team, amazing tradition) and then now go to NDSU (long trip, loudest fans, great team, #1 team and 2 time defending national champion, amazing tradition). Some might call it unlucky.

But we were able to beat Montana (one bad call does not make a game) and will face a tough Bison squad. Even if they have some coach drama, they are an extremely talented and well disciplined team and I'm sure won't miss a beat even with the head coach leaving. It may even be a rallying point for them. It will be tough.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2013, 05:58 AM
CCU just looked like the better team for parts of the game I was able to see, very surprising to me.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 06:27 AM
I look forward to seeing CCU. A fresh team in the FD, and maybe a source of new home and home contracts.

rokamortis
December 8th, 2013, 06:36 AM
I wonder if this will get as much traction as the Steven Ross stuff. xrolleyesx

From eGriz

Its obvious the referees broke the rules in this game that may have seriously affected the outcome of the game. Can UM file any grievance or Lawsuit to get this game replayed?

What is the point in the game of football when the referees can openly do this? How can any CCU fan walk away from this proudly? I wouldn't if UM had to have the referees cheat to win a game.

CCU may damn well win a rematch but what happened to day was nothing short of Criminal. I really do propose that someone may have paid the referees to swing this game and paid them. Given the BLATANT breaking of the rules by these referees this is very possible.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 06:40 AM
I wonder if this will get as much traction as the Steven Ross stuff. xrolleyesx

From eGriz

eGriz is fracking mess over that call. They are literally fighting amongst themselves. Its a **** show. Coastal won, end of story. Griz blew several chances to score.

bisonboone11
December 8th, 2013, 07:38 AM
How are they lucky? They looked like a damn good team that outplayed the Griz. Excited to see them next week in the dome.
I'm pretty sure this thread is directed at the fact that they are getting to play an NDSU team that has just lost their head coach, not the fact that they beat Montana.

rokamortis
December 8th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I'm pretty sure this thread is directed at the fact that they are getting to play an NDSU team that has just lost their head coach, not the fact that they beat Montana.

Partly true.

LehighFootballNation ‏@LFN (https://twitter.com/LFN)7h (https://twitter.com/LFN/status/409566738800726018)
Refs help Chants out in Missoula, then will face a Bison team in complete disarray after departure of head coach. Lucky bastards.

I disagree that NDSU will be in complete disarray.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Even with all of this drama now, I fully expect the Bison to win on Saturday.

CC has a very balanced offense but their defense is very mediocre. The Bison offense should be able to gash them passing and running.

Montana was a 'paper tiger'.....NDSU is not.

dudeitsaid
December 8th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Are you being serious?

LOL, of course not. I forgot my sarcasm smiley face. It was a tongue in cheek reference to the topic of the climate being an advantage for the griz and a disadvantage to the warm blooded Chants. Especially after the dad of a CCU player complaining about the temp publicly as well. I just thought that would be clear enough based on the context and irony of the results that it wouldn't need to be clarified as a poor attempt at humor on my part.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

rokamortis
December 8th, 2013, 08:44 AM
LOL, of course not. I forgot my sarcasm smiley face. It was a tongue in cheek reference to the topic of the climate being an advantage for the griz and a disadvantage to the warm blooded Chants. Especially after the dad of a CCU player complaining about the temp publicly as well. I just thought that would be clear enough based on the context and irony of the results that it wouldn't need to be clarified as a poor attempt at humor on my part.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

Good one, you got me. I thought it was a joke but I've seen at least one person post something similar on eGriz.

Eaglesrus
December 8th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Partly true.

LehighFootballNation ‏@LFN (https://twitter.com/LFN)7h (https://twitter.com/LFN/status/409566738800726018)
Refs help Chants out in Missoula, then will face a Bison team in complete disarray after departure of head coach. Lucky bastards.

I disagree that NDSU will be in complete disarray.

Probably not complete disarray, but I'd be real surprised if the team isn't adversely affected by the coaching situation. It was very obvious that our team was when word got out that Paul Johnson was leaving. They just went through the motions in the next game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Probably not complete disarray, but I'd be real surprised if the team isn't adversely affected by the coaching situation. It was very obvious that our team was when word got out that Paul Johnson was leaving. They just went through the motions in the next game.

This will be worse. If goes as is reported. Bohl coached his last game yesterday. They need someone to keep this team together. There are so many seniors, they will not be denied, however.

swaghook
December 8th, 2013, 09:41 AM
There are so many seniors, they will not be denied, however.

The Herd
Now this is the law of the prairie
As old and as true as the sky
And the Bison that keep it will prosper
And the Bison that break it will die
As the creeper that girdles
the tree trunk
This law is the final word:
For the strength of the Herd
is the Bison
And the strength of the Bison
is the Herd.

The Bison are a team not one man. The team must put the issue of Bohl aside and play the game. For the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

mtbigdog
December 8th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Bottom line- the better team won. Congratulations C.C. But the officiating really did suck.:D

ngineer
December 8th, 2013, 10:09 AM
CCU goes into Missoula and wins when very few people thought they'd even be close. That aint' luck....or if you go by the old adage, 'good teams make their own luck'. Nice to see a 'newcomer' to the quarterfinals.

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Better group of Montana fans on AGS than another site I frequent xthumbsupx

swaghook
December 8th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Personally I don't mind seeing CCU coming to Fargo. I Didn't think they would win in Montana but they did what they had to do. If Montana would have won the game in Fargo would have been a good one mainly because it would have been a border battle and Montana's motivation to win would be the loss they took in Montana to a D-II NDSU team the year before NDSU moved up. CCU's only motivation will be to win the game to move on NDSU's motivation is of course to get the 3 peat. So IMO I see an easier game for NDSU playing CCU(note not saying an easy game just not on the same emotional level a Montana team would have been).

LeadBolt
December 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM
CCU was lucky in being pared against the most over rated of the ranked teams.

kalm
December 8th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Personally I don't mind seeing CCU coming to Fargo. I Didn't think they would win in Montana but they did what they had to do. If Montana would have won the game in Fargo would have been a good one mainly because it would have been a border battle and Montana's motivation to win would be the loss they took in Montana to a D-II NDSU team the year before NDSU moved up. CCU's only motivation will be to win the game to move on NDSU's motivation is of course to get the 3 peat. So IMO I see an easier game for NDSU playing CCU(note not saying an easy game just not on the same emotional level a Montana team would have been).

No one on Montana's team or coaching staff would've given a rats ass about that old game much less used it for motivation. It's a nice fan sentiment but that's it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Montana = Paper Tiger team

xlolx

Eaglesrus
December 8th, 2013, 10:48 AM
This will be worse. If goes as is reported. Bohl coached his last game yesterday. They need someone to keep this team together. There are so many seniors, they will not be denied, however.

Don't know about this being worse, we had seniors, too, including Adrian Peterson. Johnson coached the game after the news broke and it turned out to be our first playoff loss in Paulson Stadium. No disrespect to Furman's '01 team, but I believe that their star Louis Ivory was injured, too. In retrospect I don't believe it would have been any worse if PJ had already gone.

Dane96
December 8th, 2013, 11:42 AM

Wtf?! CCU has as much motivation as the Bison: a National Title run.

jmrepak
December 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Wtf?! CCU has as much motivation as the Bison: a National Title run.
This!

jmrepak
December 8th, 2013, 11:49 AM
The funny thing is that everyone is saying that now, but when we were saying that last week and that we should have been seeded over Montana everyone said we were full of it.

Coastal is legit and has just as much of a chance in this game as anyone else would. Our high powered offense versus a great defense and a pretty good offense versus a middle of the pack defense. It should be interesting to see what happens, but I'm hoping for a shoot out. That fits our style much better than a defensive low scoring battle.

McNeese75
December 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Yep, Damn CCU and JSU were fricking lucky yesterday xblehx

:D Of course I jest. Great games by both teams and on that Saturday, the the better team won both games xbowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM
The funny thing is that everyone is saying that now, but when we were saying that last week and that we should have been seeded over Montana everyone said we were full of it.

Coastal is legit and has just as much of a chance in this game as anyone else would. Our high powered offense versus a great defense and a pretty good offense versus a middle of the pack defense. It should be interesting to see what happens, but I'm hoping for a shoot out. That fits our style much better than a defensive low scoring battle.

IMO, this is the only way CC can win the game.

Definitely an offense that is prolific and will get the Bison defense a challenge. Where this game will be won is the Bison offense/CC defense match up. CC's defense looks really mediocre and that it will not be able to stop the Bison offense.

The Bison defense has been up to any challenge the last 3 years and I think they will be prepared for this one.

SIUSalukiFan
December 8th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Bottom line- the better team won. Congratulations C.C. But the officiating really did suck.:D

Please regale us with details of the call that has the top lawyers in the country flying to Missoula for the future lawsuit against the NCAA.

srgrizizen
December 8th, 2013, 01:14 PM
No dispute about whether the best team on that day won. I think CCU and UM have very similar strengths and weaknesses, so however CCU does against NDSU is probably about what the Griz would have done. I doubt that either has a chance with their rather mediocre defenses.

But for all the Griz haters, go ahead and have fun. Just this: it's too bad the Griz didn't draw that cupcake MVC pretender SDSU. I laughed my ass off over EWU's smash mouth running game cramming the ball down throats of the pass-happy, soft play of the Bunnies in typical BSC fashion. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 01:17 PM
No dispute about whether the best team on that day won. I think CCU and UM have very similar strengths and weaknesses, so however CCU does against NDSU is probably about what the Griz would have done. I doubt that either has a chance with their rather mediocre defenses.

But for all the Griz haters, go ahead and have fun. Just this: it's too bad the Griz didn't draw that cupcake MVC pretender SDSU. I laughed my ass off over EWU's smash mouth running game cramming the ball down throats of the pass-happy, soft play of the Bunnies in typical BSC fashion. xlolx

So are you saying NAU was a pretender?

srgrizizen
December 8th, 2013, 01:21 PM

Yes.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Like pretty much all but EWU from the big soft were pretenders.

kalm
December 8th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Like pretty much all but EWU from the big soft were pretenders.

Same thing with the Valley...eh?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM

Whole conference except EWU.

EWU/EIU will probably be 77-75 type game.

kalm
December 8th, 2013, 02:54 PM

There are only 8 non-pretenders left and every remaining team is a major threat. We need to get past JSU and EIU has to beat Towson before matchup becomes a reality.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM
There are only 8 non-pretenders left and every remaining team is a major threat. We need to get past JSU and EIU has to beat Towson before matchup becomes a reality.

Yes, but as fans we can look ahead....right?

I would love to be at a EWU/EIU match up....you wouldn't want to go to the bathroom because you might miss a couple of TDs. In all seriousness, there will probably be something like 1100-1200 yards of offense and 120 + points in a game between the two.

Grizalltheway
December 8th, 2013, 03:13 PM

And this is different from the MVC how?

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't play Maine.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2013, 04:08 PM
CC may be coming into a **** storm this weekend. Not sure I would call that lucky or not yet.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 04:17 PM
CC may be coming into a **** storm this weekend. Not sure I would call that lucky or not yet.

You kidding? Some of their fans think they'll bury NDSU in the first quarter.

GSUNCSU
December 8th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Luck is when Preparation meets opportunity...
... and yes Montana may have been a little over rated but CC was prepared to take advantage of that opportunity

And from experience, a Coach leaving during the playoffs will effect a team even a championship caliber team... CC is well coached and is coming off one of their better games, they'll be prepared again to take advantage of any lapse by the Bizon. I hate it for the NDSU players and fans it inhales vigorously, but such is the business of college football.

jmrepak
December 8th, 2013, 04:39 PM
You kidding? Some of their fans think they'll bury NDSU in the first quarter.
Who said that? I don't know any Coastal fans that don't think this will be anything less than the biggest, most challenging and most interesting matchup in our fcs history. I do think we stand a chance if our offense keeps us in the first half, but I don't see us burying the Bison

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Who said that? I don't know any Coastal fans that don't think this will be anything less than the biggest, most challenging and most interesting matchup in our fcs history. I do think we stand a chance if our offense keeps us in the first half, but I don't see us burying the Bison

a cursory look at Coastalfans brings up things like "speed on turf" and "we'll score 35 before they even know it".

You know. All that Southern Speed™ we hear about EVERY year.

rokamortis
December 8th, 2013, 05:11 PM
a cursory look at Coastalfans brings up things like "speed on turf" and "we'll score 35 before they even know it".

Speed in a dome compared to below zero temps with wind.

The other guy just likes to get a rise out of the opponents.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Speed in a dome compared to below zero temps with wind.

The other guy just likes to get a rise out of the opponents.

I'm just saying, it's not the first time we've heard the speed comment.

Ask the GSU guys.

jmrepak
December 8th, 2013, 05:22 PM

oops. I didn't see that. He likes to get a rise out of everyone including us on the board. Suffice it to say most of us are confident in our chances...but not like that.

Grizalltheway
December 8th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Please regale us with details of the call that has the top lawyers in the country flying to Missoula for the future lawsuit against the NCAA.

The dog and pony show begins at 02:28:00

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/1312188/size/condensed/

matfu
December 8th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I think Coastal can play with NDSU for sure! Congrats on beating Montana in that ridiculously cold weather!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 06:47 PM

I've been so caught up in the Bohl stuff to see anything else from yesterday. That is about the most stunning example of official incompetence I have ever seen.

Bordering on malfeasance.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Why do these Patriot league fans try to piss everyone's cheerios?

jmrepak
December 8th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Even the Coastal fans will tell you that what they did was absolute insanity and should not have happened. However, it was basically a make up call from earlier in the game. On a forth down play your guy caught a ball with one foot in bounds but bobbled it (clear in the replay that both hands were off the ball) and put his other foot down out of bounds before regaining control. On the field it was ruled incomplete because of the bobble, but the booth overturned it and they were way off. That play resulted in a first down and the Griz scored a few plays later. What they did was wrong but it impacted both sides, so talk of lawsuits, malfeasance and payoffs (really?!?) is just one of of the directions that Montana fans are going in to vent their disappointment of a season ending loss in Missoula where southern teams don't win in December unless they're from South Carolina apparently.

Beachdad
December 8th, 2013, 07:25 PM
A lot depends on which CCU team decides to show up for NDSU. Will it be the one that showed so much character in their comeback game against Liberty or will it be the one that essentially didn't show up for the Charleston Southern game? I think that Moglia did a great job in getting the Chants motivated against Montana, an intimidating team with a great history, and fighting the conditions to boot. I had my doubts about Moglia when he was hired, but I have to admit I ate crow on this one. He knows the game, and can get the team prepared for NDSU. That being said, CCU reminds me of the San Diego Chargers of old, under 'Air Coryell'. He had the philosophy of go ahead and score on us, we'll just out score you. Not that Moglia is saying that, but he is well aware of the CCU defensive shortcomings and is doing what is necessary to keep his team in the game. If CCU comes to Fargo ready to play, it should be a good game. I don't see them stopping NDSU, but I do feel they can score on them. The question in my mind is, will CCU be able to get the time of possession to do that.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 07:26 PM

If that happens at NDSU after this bohl stuff the refs might not make it out of Fargo.

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Why do these Patriot league fans try to piss everyone's cheerios?

Lehigh isn't in the playoffs. We are attention whores, so we do what we can.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Just watched the Montana/CC game. The CC offense is well balanced but their defense is going to be in for a long day on Saturday.

IMO, the Bison win this 35-10

jmrepak
December 8th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Just watched the Montana/CC game. The CC offense is well balanced but their defense is going to be in for a long day on Saturday.

IMO, the Bison win this 35-10
I know you guys have a stout defense, but I highly doubt you keep our guys to 10 like SC did with our starters in for only half the game. If you only score 35 it could be an early departure for Bohl and company to Wyoming.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I know you guys have a stout defense, but I highly doubt you keep our guys to 10 like SC did with our starters in for only half the game. If you only score 35 it could be an early departure for Bohl and company to Wyoming.

We'll see come Saturday wont we...xpeacex

Tough to score a lot of points when your offense is on the sideline watching the game. Bison steamroll teams in the 2nd half, I suspect that again this week.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Every high flying offense thinks they are gonna show us Bison how its done, and that simply isn't the case. This isn't gonna be a shoot out CC fans. We don't give up a lot points to anyone. Your players will get hit hard every play, interceptions are a big possibility if you throw a lot, your running back will be gang tackled and it won't feel good. That's how this group of boys have played for 4 years, it isn't gonna change cuz you beat a BSC team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 08:35 PM
The Griz defense is nothing like the Bison's. The Bison can stop the run.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 08:53 PM

Nobody has scored more than 30 on the Bison in 3 years.

That's including the top 2 scoring offenses in each of the last 2 years.

jmrepak
December 8th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I never said we're going to run it up or score at will. However, would you stack your defense up against South Carolina's top 10 FBS defense with Clowney? That's what it took to hold us to 10 points and we pulled all of the starters at the half because we knew we had the playoffs coming. We also did very little running with our star back because we were going for big chunks on the pass too early and got so far behind that we had to continue airing it out.

the Bison may win, but I don't think they'll hold us under 3 scores.

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Bison by 14. Not a prediction, its a fact. :)

DJKyR0
December 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Try unluckiest. The Bison are going to play like they've never played before. NDSU wins by 20.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I never said we're going to run it up or score at will. However, would you stack your defense up against South Carolina's top 10 FBS defense with Clowney? That's what it took to hold us to 10 points and we pulled all of the starters at the half because we knew we had the playoffs coming. We also did very little running with our star back because we were going for big chunks on the pass too early and got so far behind that we had to continue airing it out.

as has been amply demonstrated. FBS games do not necessarily show an accurate depiction of a teams performance. Swope from GSU torched Alabama 2 years ago before getting absolutely shut down by NDSU a few weeks later.

I think NDSU can shut CC down. Because they shut everybody down.

SIUSalukiFan
December 8th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Even the Coastal fans will tell you that what they did was absolute insanity and should not have happened. However, it was basically a make up call from earlier in the game. On a forth down play your guy caught a ball with one foot in bounds but bobbled it (clear in the replay that both hands were off the ball) and put his other foot down out of bounds before regaining control. On the field it was ruled incomplete because of the bobble, but the booth overturned it and they were way off. That play resulted in a first down and the Griz scored a few plays later. What they did was wrong but it impacted both sides, so talk of lawsuits, malfeasance and payoffs (really?!?) is just one of of the directions that Montana fans are going in to vent their disappointment of a season ending loss in Missoula where southern teams don't win in December unless they're from South Carolina apparently.

Wow ... they ran out of tampons Saturday in Missoula. Both sides are complaining about the officials.

jmrepak
December 8th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Wow ... they ran out of tampons Saturday in Missoula. Both sides are complaining about the officials.
The officials were bad, but I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out that bad calls went both ways.

Red & Black
December 8th, 2013, 09:55 PM

I do.

Bison56
December 8th, 2013, 10:00 PM
buttSC

putter
December 8th, 2013, 11:07 PM
What you saw in Missoula was the Griz team all year. First drive really mixing it up and moving the ball well and then going away from it. Poor tackling (all year) and let a good offensive team get rolling to dig a hole for the team. Tried going for too may 4th downs with no luck and a comeback falling short. This script could be the same from about 4 other games this year..Griz coming out on top. CC played a balanced game and handled elements that people did not think they could and you have to tip your hat to them.

Cleets
December 8th, 2013, 11:30 PM

A little of both I'd say

Montana was 10 spots over rated - they were more like 18th than 8th
(did they beat anybody with a winning record)

pike51
December 9th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Nobody who has to travel to Fargo, in December is lucky, football or otherwise. /End Thread

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2013, 09:07 AM
A little of both I'd say

Montana was 10 spots over rated - they were more like 18th than 8th
(did they beat anybody with a winning record)

Yes.

knucklehead
December 9th, 2013, 09:08 AM
3 notes that may get me killed.

- Teams like UM and others who have won nattys and been great for a long time will ALWAYS be somewhat overrated in the polls due to their long term body of work.
- Conversely teams like Coastal and others who are young programs will always be somewhat underrated due to lack of long term rep.
- The Big South is much better that 90% of the folks on here think, and it will only be better next year.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 09:13 AM

- Teams like UM and others who have won nattys and been great for a long time will ALWAYS be somewhat overrated in the polls due to their long term body of work.
- Conversely teams like Coastal and others who are young programs will always be somewhat underrated due to lack of long term rep.
- The Big South is much better that 90% of the folks on here think, and it will only be better next year.

If CC were playing any other team, like EIU or EWU, I would say you have a point but the Bison are playing some next level ****.

grizfan47
December 9th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I was very impressed with CC to include their staff and the players. They came into a hostile, extremely cold setting and took it to the Griz. It was a very disappointing game played by the Griz but not unlike games we have seen all year. Overated? Probably. It is hard to measure. Any given matchup on any given Saturday will give you a different result.

The southland officials were terrible as other have pointed out. They should be reviewed and prohibited from officiating in the playoffs and I am sure they will. Enough said.

I give lots of credit to a Griz team that overcame a great deal of adversity last season and returned to the playoffs. There is a lot of work to be done to return to the caliber of team that will win a national championship.

Lastly, for those of you that read egriz; don't conclude that all Griz fans reflect the view of some of the more arrogant, boisturous and tasteless posters. Your teams have them as well. Maybe not as many them.

Good luck CC in your nest matchup with a very strong NDSU team.

Good luck EWU. Carry the Big Sky Conference banner to the championship.

knucklehead
December 9th, 2013, 09:27 AM
If CC were playing any other team, like EIU or EWU, I would say you have a point but the Bison are playing some next level ****.

Yea, the only way CCU wins is if they can make it a way high scoring shootout.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Yea, the only way CCU wins is if they can make it a way high scoring shootout.

Like I said earlier, nobody has scored 30 pts on NDSU in 3 years.

ASUG8
December 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
I'm just going to leave this here in case anyone needs it Sunday.

rokamortis
December 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Like I said earlier, nobody has scored 30 pts on NDSU in 3 years.

Then we shouldn't play the game because we all know Coastal succumbs to history and records.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Then we shouldn't play the game because we all know Coastal succumbs to history and records.

So we should expect CC to score a lot of points because they usually do but we shouldn't expect the Bison D to perform as they usually do?

Hm.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I have seen both teams play and I will be shocked if CCU scores more than a couple Tds against that NDSU defense, and you may need turnovers to even do that.

NDSU typically doesnt give up 83 yard TD passes or 50 yard TD runs you will have to be patient and take what they give you and that usually isnt much. NDSUs defense is a lot better than South Carolinas. NDSU is physical like you have never seen or played against, you were slightly more physical on both sides of the ball against Montana. NDSU would absolutely destroy us physically on both sides of the ball. You guys better pack a lunch to deal with the Bison its going to be a long day.

CCU came into Montana and pretty much beat our ass at home, we lost. It wasnt the refs, the cold or the noise (which was non existent) the better team won and would probably win 9 of 10 from us in any climate.

The idiots on eGriz are just doing what they do embarrass the state the university and mankind. Congrats on the win CCU but I think your maiden playoff voyage sinks in Lake Fargo......NDSU is just that good

rokamortis
December 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
So we should expect CC to score a lot of points because they usually do but we shouldn't expect the Bison D to perform as they usually do?

Hm.

I guess something will have to give.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I guess something will have to give.

Yep. I'm betting on the battle tested side.

rokamortis
December 9th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Yep. I'm betting on the battle tested side.

That's the smart bet. You guys have tradition and history and are by far the toughest test we've faced all year.

I'm just saying that we have been good at beating the odds, may not be able to do so this weekend but we'll do our best.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
One more thing, in all my years of watching Griz football at home or on the road the only players that were hyped and actually showed up big in games and were virtually unstoppable in Missoula were Dexter Coakley, Armanti Edwards and the 2 that showed up this past Saturday, Ross and Taliaferro. My hats off.

knucklehead
December 9th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I have watched some of NDSU this year, and I do think they win, but I won't be shocked if CCU scores 30+. I know NDSU is the #1 Scoring D in the Country at 11.2, but they sure did score a lot on the #5 scoring D (17.6) in LU.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Why are Lehigh fans commenting about playoff football?

That would be like me talking about how to speak Arabic or Mandarin Chinese.

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/07/16/12/1892995/7/628x471.jpg

knucklehead
December 9th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Wrong LU, but unfortunately the same boot fits. ugh!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Why are Lehigh fans commenting about playoff football?

That would be like me talking about how to speak Arabic or Mandarin Chinese.

Yeah, like why would we have an opinion, or care about the FCS playoffs? xrolleyesx

Bisonator
December 9th, 2013, 10:59 AM
If you only score 35 it could be an early departure for Bohl and company to Wyoming.

Did you just say CC is gonna score 35 on the Bison? xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Wrong LU, but unfortunately the same boot fits. ugh!!!

Was not directed at you, I thought a Lehigh person started this thread?

If not sorry for the LeHighjack.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Did you just say CC is gonna score 35 on the Bison? xlolx

The most points scored against the Bison in the last 3 playoff runs is 20, by GSU last year.

Previously:

JMU 14
Lehigh 0
GSU 7
SHSU 6

That year SHSU was the #1 offense and GSU was #3

SDSU 3 - That team scored 58 on EIU the previous week
Wofford 7 - only TD was a pick 6
GSU 20
SHSU 13

SHSU and GSU were again top 5 offenses

Furman 7

Against playoff competition, in 9 games during their championship run with the same players in all 3 seasons (give or take a few seniors) this team is giving up 8.5ppg

So tell me how you're getting 35 again?

knucklehead
December 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I can't wait to watch this game. I am not saying CCU WILL score more than that 20 spot from GaSo, but I will not be surprised if they do.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I can't wait to watch this game. I am not saying CCU WILL score more than that 20 spot from GaSo, but I will not be surprised if they do.

LU is NOT NDSU.

Just sayin'.

gotts
December 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Yeah, like why would we have an opinion, or care about the FCS playoffs? xrolleyesx

Good point.

Who does Butler play this week? xlolx

knucklehead
December 9th, 2013, 11:49 AM
LU is NOT NDSU.

Just sayin'.

Woah, thanks for pointing that out. Yea, I kinda get that since LU is sitting at home and NDSU is the #1 seed. Totally aware of NDSU. I'm just saying that CCU seems to be able to do some key adjustments in-game that make the difference in them being able to put up a lot of points. Again, I would not be shocked either way.

Catbooster
December 9th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I'm just going to leave this here in case anyone needs it Sunday.

Crows might be on the endangered species list soon at the rate they've been consumed lately -

Bohl will never leave NDSU, or at least not before his kid graduates, or only for a good BCS team.
CCU's team will freeze solid during the national anthem.
OVC teams can't win in the playoffs
Big South teams can't win in the playoffs
No one in the Big Sky can withstand the physical beating a MVFC team will put them through
The Griz are a good team ;)

I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of off the top of my head (and yes, I bought into a few of them).

jmrepak
December 9th, 2013, 12:28 PM

I am saying that. I am more than willing to take some hits from the Bison many and faithful on my prediction, but I'm a big boy and I can take it. I am forecasting a worst case scenario that we score a minimum of 3 TD's, but I feel like we score more like 4-5. If CCU loses this game it will be on our defenses inability to get Jenson off the field, and not because our O couldn't hang.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I am saying that. I am more than willing to take some hits from the Bison many and faithful on my prediction, but I'm a big boy and I can take it. I am forecasting a worst case scenario that we score a minimum of 3 TD's, but I feel like we score more like 4-5. If CCU loses this game it will be on our defenses inability to get Jenson off the field, and not because our O couldn't hang.

OK I need some of this action. What you want to bet that CC scores 3 TD's or less?

CSU18
December 9th, 2013, 12:36 PM
CCU has an offense that can put up points (that's been proven this year). Luckily for us when we played, they got off to a slow start, and never could rebound from it. NDSU has a defense that gives up very little. One of the two has to give, but I think more than anything, both will bend. I watched a little of NDSU against Furman, and I do think CCU is going to be able to hang with the Bison much better than people think. I see this one coming down to the wire.

Regarding the title of this thread....I had a coach that always said, "Luck is preperation meeting opportunity" and I firmly beleive in that.

jmrepak
December 9th, 2013, 12:37 PM
OK I need some of this action. What you want to bet that CC scores 3 TD's or less?
I don't really bet, but I'll wager you a self-imposed AGS Banhammer. Win or lose, if CCU scores 20 or less I can't get on AGS for a week, but if they score 21+ you can't get on for a week.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 12:41 PM
CCU has an offense that can put up points (that's been proven this year). Luckily for us when we played, they got off to a slow start, and never could rebound from it. NDSU has a defense that gives up very little. One of the two has to give, but I think more than anything, both will bend. I watched a little of NDSU against Furman, and I do think CCU is going to be able to hang with the Bison much better than people think. I see this one coming down to the wire.

Regarding the title of this thread....I had a coach that always said, "Luck is preperation meeting opportunity" and I firmly beleive in that.

The problem is we have heard this song and dance MANY times before.

8.5 ppg is not very little, that's impossibly little.

gotts
December 9th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Sagarin has NDSU at about 22 point (21.69) favorites this week at home.

On the contrary, Coastal Beat the Sagarin predictor last week (won by 7, Sagarin said 6 point loss).

Unless something later this week really changes my mind, I'll take NDSU by 17 this week.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2013, 01:18 PM
I don't really bet, but I'll wager you a self-imposed AGS Banhammer. Win or lose, if CCU scores 20 or less I can't get on AGS for a week, but if they score 21+ you can't get on for a week.

How would I congratulate you? ;)

How about an avartar bet, CC scores more then 3 TD's I will put a chanti chick up as my avatar for a week if they don't you have to put up a Bison?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 01:24 PM
How would I congratulate you? ;)

How about an avartar bet, CC scores more then 3 TD's I will put a chanti chick up as my avatar for a week if they don't you have to put up a Bison?

Forget a week. Last year I put an avatar bet with a Sammy poster until the Spring game. He hasn't logged on since January so he still has it on.

jmrepak
December 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Deal. The bet is for one week. I'll put a Bison avatar of your choosing for one week if Coastal scores 20 or less points, but if they score 21+ you have to put one up of my choosing for a week.

citdog
December 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
ccucheer should make an appearance

DJKyR0
December 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I tentatively have CCU scoring 17 points. Wouldn't be shocked at less.

Walkon79
December 9th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Crows might be on the endangered species list soon at the rate they've been consumed lately -

Bohl will never leave NDSU, or at least not before his kid graduates, or only for a good BCS team.
CCU's team will freeze solid during the national anthem.
OVC teams can't win in the playoffs
Big South teams can't win in the playoffs
No one in the Big Sky can withstand the physical beating a MVFC team will put them through
The Griz are a good team ;)

I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of off the top of my head (and yes, I bought into a few of them).

My vote for post of the year, but I'll add one before someone else does it...

The Bobcats will contend for a national championship this year!

:)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM

You might need some kind of crow subscription service. Like steak of the month club for that one.

Silenoz
December 9th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I love how there's all this talk about how "overrated" we are, for losing a one-score game to a quarter-finalist.

McNeese and Maine = blown out at home. Montana = easy target

And MSU fans, really? The sorry state of the Big Sky in the playoffs really doesn't say much positive about your program, does it?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I love how there's all this talk about how "overrated" we are, for losing a one-score game to a quarter-finalist.

And MSU fans, really? The sorry state of the Big Sky in the playoffs really doesn't say much positive about your program, does it?

OK. You were all overrated.

Happy now?

Silenoz
December 9th, 2013, 03:08 PM

Happy now?

Is SDSU overrated for getting blown out by EWU, after all the MVFC fans came on here predicting they'd win or keep it close? Guess so!

Is SELA overrated for needing a last second score to prevail over an unseeded team at home that they just blew out several weeks earlier? Sure!

Maine? Destroyed at home!

McNeese? McNeesed at home!

Furman? Couldn't even keep it close, overrated! Ditto to Fordham and TSU!

Do I think Montana didn't deserve a seed and therefore was the 10 or 11th best team in the field? Yes, and the final rankings will agree with that, so we were about as overrated as, oh, 50% of the teams in the field xeyebrowx

Walkon79
December 9th, 2013, 03:20 PM
You might need some kind of crow subscription service. Like steak of the month club for that one.

xlolxxlolx

I know, right?

jmrepak
December 9th, 2013, 03:21 PM

Happy now?
Hahaha...We all knew that about Maine since they got beat by UNH...both times

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Is SDSU overrated for getting blown out by EWU, after all the MVFC fans came on here predicting they'd win or keep it close? Guess so!

Is SELA overrated for needing a last second score to prevail over an unseeded team at home that they just blew out several weeks earlier? Sure!

Maine? Destroyed at home!

McNeese? McNeesed at home!

Do I think Montana didn't deserve a seed and therefore was the 10 or 11th best team in the field? Yes, and the final rankings will agree with that, so we were about as overrated as, oh, 50% of the teams in the field xeyebrowx

I'm waiting for us to disagree. :D

Walkon79
December 9th, 2013, 03:22 PM
It's good to be able to laugh at yourself. Others on this board should take note.

jmrepak
December 9th, 2013, 03:30 PM

Furman wasn't ranked. They won the AQ, but they wouldn't have gotten an at-large had they not. SC St was also an easy route to get through the first round.

Catbooster
December 9th, 2013, 03:44 PM

Shhh!!! You weren't supposed to mention that one - maybe no one would have noticed.

Catbooster
December 9th, 2013, 03:52 PM

Too soon? My condolences on your loss. Don't worry, it will get better, the pain will dissipate and you'll be able to read message boards without having knee-jerk reactions soon.

Seriously? I point out a bunch of things, only one is a dig about the Griz (which is the minimum requirement for Bobcat fans) and you're getting all upset over it? And the other comment by a Cat fan is to add the Bobcats being over-rated to my list? xlmaox

Walkon79
December 9th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Too soon? My condolences on your loss. Don't worry, it will get better, the pain will dissipate and you'll be able to read message boards without having knee-jerk reactions soon.

Seriously? I point out a bunch of things, only one is a dig about the Griz (which is the minimum requirement for Bobcat fans) and you're getting all upset over it? And the other comment by a Cat fan is to add the Bobcats being over-rated to my list? xlmaox

I was going to let it go. We know how much it hurts all too well.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 04:16 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rc8k_D3yYoE/Tw4IyOKMysI/AAAAAAAAAls/awgasVzJMfA/s320/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

putter
December 9th, 2013, 05:08 PM

I disagree with that. If CC continues to play well over the next few years they will get respect because they will have earned it. Teams in the Big South will get respect if they earn it on the field. If Montana continues to get beat in the first round of the playoffs they will fall back like everyone else would. Money talks in the FCS, which is unfortunate, but recent history will have more bearing on seeds etc. than a NC that was won 12 years ago

thebootfitter
December 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM

Ask Furman how the Bison defense compares to LSU.

Computer ratings can also give some insight into relative strength of teams (with some caveats, of course). Massey (http://masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2013&sub=11590) shows South Carolina as the #11 defense in all of D-I. LSU is #18. NDSU is #15. Cross-sub-division statistics are not always reliable, but there is certainly some credible evidence to suggest that NDSU's defense is comparable to South Carolina's defense.

I'll be surprised if anyone scores more than 20-25 on the Bison the rest of this year.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Deal. The bet is for one week. I'll put a Bison avatar of your choosing for one week if Coastal scores 20 or less points, but if they score 21+ you have to put one up of my choosing for a week.

Just to clarify. If CC's offense scores 21+ points against NDSU's defense then you win the bet. If CC's offense scores less then 21 then I win.

colonelblitz
December 9th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Congrats to Coastal... Tough place to play, let alone win..

Darlinikki150
December 9th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Pondering this question more I would say SHSU is the luckiest team. Lucky to even get into the playoffs w their wins and SOS. Costal will have a tough game Saturday, they will be seeing a defense that could and will hopefully stop them dead.

rokamortis
December 9th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Just to clarify. If CC's offense scores 21+ points against NDSU's defense then you win the bet. If CC's offense scores less then 21 then I win.

You don't want to include special teams or defensive scores? That seems a little weak for a team that averages less than 10 total points.

jmrepak
December 9th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Don't get squeamish on your teAms ability now. Having second thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get squeamish on your teAms ability now. Having second thoughts?

Green1
December 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
You don't want to include special teams or defensive scores? That seems a little weak for a team that averages less than 10 total points.

DON'T FALL FOR IT, BISONATOR!

Bison defense can not be held responsible for special teams or a bison offensive mistake!

Grizo406
December 9th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Forget a week. Last year I put an avatar bet with a Sammy poster until the Spring game. He hasn't logged on since January so he still has it on.

I have a friend in the SHSU Hall of Honor. This isn't a dig on him, or the other terrific Bearkat posters on AGS...but good F'n luck collecting on a bet with a "Sammy" fan/poster!

Bisonator
December 9th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I thought this was about CC's offense and their ability to score at will? Now you want to add in maybe a return for a TD and a pick 6 too? xrolleyesx

jmrepak
December 9th, 2013, 08:03 PM
I thought this was about CC's offense and their ability to score at will? Now you want to add in maybe a return for a TD and a pick 6 too? xrolleyesx
Apparently you're afraid of that, but fine. 21 pts on offense.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2013, 08:05 PM

This sounds like you saying your O can put up a minimum of 3 TD's to me.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I have a friend in the SHSU Hall of Honor. This isn't a dig on him, or the other terrific Bearkat posters on AGS...but good F'n luck collecting on a bet with a "Sammy" fan/poster!

When it's a sure bet, why worry about it?

Bisonator
December 9th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Apparently you're afraid of that, but fine. 21 pts on offense.

Deal.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM
So unwittingly I've set up a bet between Coastal Carolina and NDSU Superfans? MISSON A. F-ING. COMPLISHED.

Green1
December 9th, 2013, 08:16 PM
So unwittingly I've set up a bet between Coastal Carolina and NDSU Superfans? MISSON A. F-ING. COMPLISHED.

Dude, you are just evil. xsalutex

Green1
December 9th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Deal.

Was the breaking point when he started making those chicken noises? :D

Texas
December 9th, 2013, 08:20 PM

Who? If you're talking about xcoach or bnation yeah... Bnation isn't even a SHSU fan and I'm not even going to touch on xcoach.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Who? If you're talking about xcoach or bnation yeah... Bnation isn't even a SHSU fan and I'm not even going to touch on xcoach.

I'll give it to BNation. He was the one I was talking about that came through but disappeared and hasn't changed it back yet.

kalm
December 9th, 2013, 08:54 PM
One more thing, in all my years of watching Griz football at home or on the road the only players that were hyped and actually showed up big in games and were virtually unstoppable in Missoula were Dexter Coakley, Armanti Edwards and the 2 that showed up this past Saturday, Ross and Taliaferro. My hats off.

Eric Meyer
Eric Kimble
Aaron Boyce
Matt Nichols...

Show some respect...hater.

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Eric Meyer
Eric Kimble
Aaron Boyce
Matt Nichols...

Show some respect...hater.

Vernon Adams...

Show some respect, hater...

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2013, 11:43 PM

What is with Lehigh fans and internet message board wagers? :D TheFan.....sir?

Silenoz
December 10th, 2013, 11:59 AM

You'll have to excuse me. Living in Bozeman, the schadenfreude is a bit much at times xeyebrowx

knucklehead
December 10th, 2013, 12:16 PM

I am not trying to be a CCU apologist, because that is the last thing I would ever be. If they weren't in the same conference, I'd say let em lose by 60+. But since they are, I will sorta reluctantly cheer for them while fighting nausea.

For clarity this was also originally about NDSU posters saying no one had scored 30+ in forever or 20+ in the playoffs forever. So I think this is a 2 way deal. CCU thinks their O can pour on the points, and NDSU thinks they won't give up certain #s of points. So, in my mind if no one has reached those point milestones on offense, defense, and special teams combined since the dinos roamed the earth, then why worry about where the points come from.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I am not trying to be a CCU apologist, because that is the last thing I would ever be. If they weren't in the same conference, I'd say let em lose by 60+. But since they are, I will sorta reluctantly cheer for them while fighting nausea.

For clarity this was also originally about NDSU posters saying no one had scored 30+ in forever or 20+ in the playoffs forever. So I think this is a 2 way deal. CCU thinks their O can pour on the points, and NDSU thinks they won't give up certain #s of points. So, in my mind if no one has reached those point milestones on offense, defense, and special teams combined since the dinos roamed the earth, then why worry about where the points come from.

Actually this whole bet started with the post that I quoted yesterday which was saying he thought CC's offense would put up 4-5 TD's. Go back and read the thread.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. NDSU is way more disciplined this year on offense than I have seen them in a long time and the defense is absolutely shut down caliber.

knucklehead
December 10th, 2013, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. NDSU is way more disciplined this year on offense than I have seen them in a long time and the defense is absolutely shut down caliber.

So, NO CHANCE?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2013, 12:43 PM
So, NO CHANCE?

Oh, there's a chance.......

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bf7X5Jz-4A8/UP6i_DPet3I/AAAAAAAAEYY/KjQE8NacwAg/s1600/chance.png

knucklehead
December 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
OK, now I'm leaving cause I feel dirty sorta defending Coastal.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Here's what I think: if NDSU wins this game 34-28, NDSU fans will be in panic mode.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Here's what I think: if NDSU wins this game 34-28, NDSU fans will be in panic mode.

Nope. We'll be in the Semifinal. If we win that game by 1 pt, we'll be in Frisco.

Don't care how it happens.

Enjoy wrestling season.

Green1
December 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM

Want to bet? xangelx

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 02:27 PM
shut down caliber.

see how the terrible gun culture infuses everything? your pinko friends won't be happy with your turn of phrase.

knucklehead
December 10th, 2013, 03:29 PM

Haven't you heard? Where have you been? This is utterly, entirely, and unequivocally IMPOSSIBLE. and Losing? Fohgetaboutit!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Haven't you heard? Where have you been? This is utterly, entirely, and unequivocally IMPOSSIBLE. and Losing? Fohgetaboutit!

You're right but it wouldn't matter in the least.

gotts
December 11th, 2013, 12:56 PM

Is it because we'll have to face Butler in the semis?

Hammerhead
December 14th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I don't think any team in NDSU's half of the bracket is lucky. CCU's luck ran out after Montana was given a seed. :p

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Is it because we'll have to face Butler in the semis?

Notice how he didn't show up today.