PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Practice Facility

swaghook
December 3rd, 2013, 08:50 PM
Ok since this topic is derailing another thread I'm going to start a separate thread so the original one can get back on topic.

The question is simple do you think Indoor Practice Facilities are worth the money spent on them for use by football teams or do you feel that teams are better off with out them and that practicing in the elements makes for better players.

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2013, 08:58 PM
Ok since this topic is derailing another thread I'm going to start a separate thread so the original one can get back on topic.

The question is simple do you think Indoor Practice Facilities are worth the money spent on them for use by football teams or do you feel that teams are better off with out them and that practicing in the elements makes for better players.

Of course its a good thing as there will be a time when the facility will be needed by the team. But other sports will use it as well.

swaghook
December 3rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Of course its a good thing as there will be a time when the facility will be needed by the team. But other sports will use it as well.

For sports other then football like softball and baseball it would be great to give them a place to practice as they don't play those sports in the snow. But I just don't see the need for the football team.

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2013, 09:10 PM
For sports other then football like softball and baseball it would be great to give them a place to practice as they don't play those sports in the snow. But I just don't see the need for the football team.

There are times when it behooves you to go indoors to get your work done. Proteams love IPF as they say they get more accomplished indoors. Of course they also play in alot of domes. Practicing outdoors can also be extremely dangerous at times.

RichH2
December 3rd, 2013, 09:30 PM
Pays to have both types available for practice . Up here we still practice outside most of the time to acclimate to weather.

IBleedYellow
December 3rd, 2013, 09:33 PM
Whatever Coach Bohl is doing now works.

Don't change it.

geaux_sioux
December 3rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
If you think NDSU is good right now, they would be even better had the players been able to work on their skills all winter long. It's the advantage that southern teams have, they can work on their stuff year round. Brock would be a better qb if he could throws passes all winter on an actual field with his wrs.

mmiller_34
December 3rd, 2013, 09:43 PM
It is a BIG plus for spring ball. C'mon now... SDSU hardly had spring ball last spring because of the weather. Having one is always a plus. During the regular season of course teams practice being outside in the elements, but when it is the offseason.. That's where it will be used the most.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2013, 10:03 PM
Whatever Coach Bohl is doing now works.

Don't change it.

yep

clenz
December 3rd, 2013, 10:15 PM
I voted no....but I'm confused as to what I was actually voting for...and since I had to vote before I could post in this thread...

Is this poll question "Is it good for the program" or "Is it worth the money"

Yes, it's good for the program
No, it's not worth the money

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2013, 10:17 PM
Speaking strictly for football.

Are they useful? Absolutely.

Are they absolutely necessary? No.

Are they worth it? Yeah, I think so.
Will I bitch and moan Mpls style about the fact that NDSU doesn't have one if UND and SDSU do? No.

Fact is NDSU athletics has other things to worry about funding before an IPF. First and foremost the SHAC and BSA renovation need to completed. Next I think there needs to be plans for a larger football facility. If that can double as an IPF or have an IPF included I think it's all the better.

FargoBison
December 3rd, 2013, 10:20 PM
I think NDSU will put a bubble up and it will cost a fraction of what an IPF would cost but be just as beneficial.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
I think NDSU will put a bubble up and it will cost a fraction of what an IPF would cost but be just as beneficial.

This. I read over on Bisonville that they already have footings for it.

eaglewraith
December 4th, 2013, 05:41 AM
One of the problems we experience especially early on in fall camp and in the season is that Statesboro experiences a LOT of popup severe thunderstorms in the afternoons. Being close to the coast, a lot of the moisture coming in causes these things to happen. It's also the reason there's godawful humidity in Statesboro (when I worked outside in the summers we'd see 130+ heat indexes). We need an indoor practice facility just because of this. It wouldn't be a primary practice facility, but it would allow us to not miss a beat when these storms came up.

Not to mention, we had a player struck by lightning this past season even underneath the pavilion we have at the practice fields now. So for us, there's definitely a safety aspect to it.

DFW HOYA
December 4th, 2013, 05:51 AM
An indoor facility would be great to have. An outdoor one would be nice, too.

Cocky
December 4th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Local high school has one but sports other than football use it more.

Bisonator
December 4th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Speaking strictly for football.

Are they useful? Absolutely.

Are they absolutely necessary? No.

Are they worth it? Yeah, I think so.
Will I bitch and moan Mpls style about the fact that NDSU doesn't have one if UND and SDSU do? No.

Fact is NDSU athletics has other things to worry about funding before an IPF. First and foremost the SHAC and BSA renovation need to completed. Next I think there needs to be plans for a larger football facility. If that can double as an IPF or have an IPF included I think it's all the better.

This^^^^^.

Yes an IPF would be nice to have especially for other sports not just FB. But it certainly isn't a priority at this time.

BEAR
December 4th, 2013, 08:15 AM
UCA has one and its really necessary. HEAVY spring rains make it impossible to practice outside and when the 110 degree heat sets in the summer, its a good thing to have to give them breaks from outside. They do practice outside in the heat all the time, but you've got to be careful with those 350 lb. linemen in the heat for 2 hours at a time. Medically its necessary in some regions. Weather-wise too.

i_got_a_fever
December 4th, 2013, 08:32 AM
In the case of SDSU, an IPF goes so far beyond football. The reason this facility was so far up the the ladder of importance is because of it touches every athlete on campus. Spring Football was a joke at SDSU this past season, our baseball and softball teams practice in our old basketball facility when the weather is bad (which is for about 3/4 of the season), our track team has such a disadvantage for practice for the indoor season, and the early outdoor season. We will be able to host indoor track meets now, we will have a B1G, Big 12 quality human performance center manned by one of the best and fastest growing health care providers in the country. This facility, in the case of SDSU was an absolute must.

darell1976
December 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM

How's this.:D

http://www.thesportsbubble.com/

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 4th, 2013, 09:25 AM
South Georgia had a very wet summer this year. Although GSU's struggles are more a result of injuries and some poor coaching decisions, practicing in our basketball arena didn't help and an IPF would have come in handy big time this past year.

kingranch
December 4th, 2013, 12:01 PM
If you think NDSU is good right now, they would be even better had the players been able to work on their skills all winter long. It's the advantage that southern teams have, they can work on their stuff year round. Brock would be a better qb if he could throws passes all winter on an actual field with his wrs.

He already does, it is called the playoffs, you guys should try it sometime.:D

Twentysix
December 4th, 2013, 12:05 PM

??? NDSU has mulitiple outdoor options and multiple indoor options.

http://www.gobison.com/images/2013/1/23/small_ElligIndoorTrack2013FloorPanFromSouthHurdles .jpg

http://www.astroturf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/fargodome-ndsu-vs-robert-morris.jpg

http://www.ndsufootballcamps.com/images/Dacotah.JPG

NDSUstudent
December 4th, 2013, 12:25 PM

http://www.gobison.com/images/2013/1/23/small_ElligIndoorTrack2013FloorPanFromSouthHurdles .jpg

Who decided not to put a practice field surrounded by the track?

I-AA Fan
December 4th, 2013, 12:32 PM
geaux_sioux (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?40917-geaux_sioux) I think you need to read up on the rules for off-season practicing. I have seen a QB banned simply for playing flag. YSU has a very nice indoor facility, but as with that local HS comment ...it serves more purpose for non-football sports. Baseball has no ability to practice in the NE. When other teams are outside playing down south and out west ...YSU's baseball team was in one of the gyms bouncing the ball off the wall ...or using batting and Pitching cages at an indoor facility for local Class-B.

http://www.ysusports.com/information/facilities/watts

Twentysix
December 4th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Who decided not to put a practice field surrounded by the track?

Yeah idk, that would have been a good cheap addition, I would think it could be put in at any time. To say NDSU has no where to practice in the winter, should they not want to go outside, is dumb as &&^# though.

TigerFen
December 4th, 2013, 12:55 PM
I would rather have more seats to handle a growing fan base than an Indoor Practice Facility. We're putting our band in temporary bleachers at the end zone because we're averaging about 9-10 K a game. I would rather have the band in the stands myself. An Indoor practice facility is a luxury, not a need.

LakesBizun
December 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM
This. I read over on Bisonville that they already have footings for it.

Must be true then.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Must be true then.

Seems legit. Simmers mentioned it to someone. I think it will happen in the next couple of years. They can't cost that much, St. Cloud State has one for pete's sake.

FordhamFan
December 4th, 2013, 02:17 PM
This is no question, an indoor facility is a HUGE advantage.

I've heard Fordham's QB Nebrich talk about this a couple times. Not only does it give you an opportunity to practice even in the worst weather, but the off season, when kids just want to get work in on their own, they can. Nebrich said that was the best part about UConn having a facility.

Not to mention being able to pimp an indoor facility to recruits, especially ones from the south. You should've seen the kids from Florida in Fordham's game against Colgate all huddled near the space heater. I'm sure they would love to never practice in inclement weather when it's not necessary.

I don't think it's a question that an indoor facility is a big time advantage, especially at this level.

Bisonator
December 4th, 2013, 02:28 PM

I've heard Fordham's QB Nebrich talk about this a couple times. Not only does it give you an opportunity to practice even in the worst weather, but the off season, when kids just want to get work in on their own, they can. Nebrich said that was the best part about UConn having a facility.

Not to mention being able to pimp an indoor facility to recruits, especially ones from the south. You should've seen the kids from Florida in Fordham's game against Colgate all huddled near the space heater. I'm sure they would love to never practice in inclement weather when it's not necessary.

I don't think it's a question that an indoor facility is a big time advantage, especially at this level.

I think the advantage if any gets over blown. If the only thing that sways a kid is an IPF so he doesn't have to contend with the elements he probably isn't going to stay in Fargo for more then one semester anyway! xlolx

NHwildEcat
December 4th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Let the ladies practice indoors...men to the fields.

MplsBison
December 4th, 2013, 07:14 PM

Great post! Agree 100%.

Just want to comment that I don't think Fordham needs to be bringing kids up from Florida. Should be plenty of players in NY and Conn to build a championship program around.

MplsBison
December 4th, 2013, 07:17 PM

There is no where in the indoor track building to practice a team field sport. Fail
The Fargodome only gives NDSU so many days per year to hand the field down. Fail
Obviously no one is going to be practicing anything outside during the winter and early spring. Fail

I get that it was a troll post, but then again you may want to learn something before cocking off.

MplsBison
December 4th, 2013, 07:18 PM
In the case of SDSU, an IPF goes so far beyond football. The reason this facility was so far up the the ladder of importance is because of it touches every athlete on campus. Spring Football was a joke at SDSU this past season, our baseball and softball teams practice in our old basketball facility when the weather is bad (which is for about 3/4 of the season), our track team has such a disadvantage for practice for the indoor season, and the early outdoor season. We will be able to host indoor track meets now, we will have a B1G, Big 12 quality human performance center manned by one of the best and fastest growing health care providers in the country. This facility, in the case of SDSU was an absolute must.

I'll say it again and keep on saying it until NDSU decides they want to do something about it: SDSU Will have the best facilities in the Dakotas.

Plain and simple. In all aspects. NDSU is #2 or #3, depending on what UND does.

ngineer
December 4th, 2013, 08:08 PM
You don't need a 'football only' facility. Lehigh uses the Rauch Fieldhouse when whether is real bad, which is not that often, although no full contact is used as there is no turf surface in there, just Tartan. Sometimes if bad weather but not atrocious the team just uses the turf field at Ulrich Stadium (home of the lacrosse team) jus to avoid tearing up the practice fields. At this level, building a facility just for football indoor practice does not make financial sense.

Twentysix
December 4th, 2013, 10:29 PM
There is no where in the indoor track building to practice a team field sport. Fail
The Fargodome only gives NDSU so many days per year to hand the field down. Fail
Obviously no one is going to be practicing anything outside during the winter and early spring. Fail

I get that it was a troll post, but then again you may want to learn something before cocking off.

NDSU practices outside in the winter, I have seen them many times. Just drive down university lol noob.

Bisonoline
December 4th, 2013, 11:35 PM
NDSU practices outside in the winter, I have seen them many times. Just drive down university lol noob.

As usual he is talking out of his azz again. Obviously he didnt see the pictures of team practicing out side 3 years ago in the blizzard. Or the other day before the mens BB game. Talks a lot but says nothing of substance. Troll troll troll troll. Thats all he does.

swaghook
December 5th, 2013, 05:03 AM
He will be happy to know the practice was held in the Fargodome last night.

CFBfan
December 5th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Great post! Agree 100%.

Just want to comment that I don't think Fordham needs to be bringing kids up from Florida. Should be plenty of players in NY and Conn to build a championship program around.

I know I'll regret responding to an mpls post but here it goes: NJ has some of the best HS football in the country, in fact the North Jersey Parochial group 4 league is currently considered the best/hardest league in THE COUNTRY. Why would FU go to CT and not NJ to recruit?? and mpls PLEASE don't answer that it's rhetorical!

CFBfan
December 5th, 2013, 06:39 AM
I think the advantage if any gets over blown. If the only thing that sways a kid is an IPF so he doesn't have to contend with the elements he probably isn't going to stay in Fargo for more then one semester anyway! xlolx

I think it's more of a "wow factor" for recruits, it could be considered a strong commitment to the program, etc over other programs that don't have one? if a kid is deciding between 2 schools of equal academic and football success and only 1 of them has an indoor facility it might be the tipping point for their decision

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2013, 07:08 AM
If you're using it for football only, then no it doesn't make financial sense. However, at a place like NDSU it would be multipurpose. It would give the baseball, soccer, softball, and football teams the ability to practice inside when necessary. I think it would be a good idea for NDSU financially but only after the SHAC has been taken care of and after an expanded football facility is discussed.

CFBfan
December 5th, 2013, 07:17 AM
and it also helps with winter workouts, running, etc

TU Tiger Town
December 5th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I just see it as it can't possibly hurt to have an indoor practice facility. In some places, such as the northern plains, it would definitely be more advantageous than at other schools. But in the end many schools have other needs for athletics that would probably be a better use of money, unless you are in a climate where decent outdoor weather is at a shortage most of the school year.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I know I'll regret responding to an mpls post but here it goes: NJ has some of the best HS football in the country, in fact the North Jersey Parochial group 4 league is currently considered the best/hardest league in THE COUNTRY. Why would FU go to CT and not NJ to recruit?? and mpls PLEASE don't answer that it's rhetorical!

http://api.ning.com/files/bfdU3foBPTHC9HffMXdLUT4tZt3xEdT1lZZHE1cNaSJ5I7Shui 7sFwkPRshLp8djnzb5lTc40vdazNa8Go8HMP74qAd9rJeUiGZ7 pt8KBXk_/hahahahaha.gif

Good luck with that one.

CFBfan
December 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
http://api.ning.com/files/bfdU3foBPTHC9HffMXdLUT4tZt3xEdT1lZZHE1cNaSJ5I7Shui 7sFwkPRshLp8djnzb5lTc40vdazNa8Go8HMP74qAd9rJeUiGZ7 pt8KBXk_/hahahahaha.gifGood luck with that one.hey...worth a try right?!!

FordhamFan
December 5th, 2013, 01:30 PM

I'm from New Jersey, played NJ high school football less than a decade ago and my brother coaches at Red Bank Catholic, a top 10 program in the state that is Parochial Group 3 and used to play in that Group 4. NJ football is very good at the top. I'm talking like 10-15 teams, but it is NOWHERE near a top state. It falls right in the middle. There are solid kids from Jersey, but it can't hold a candle to many other states.

And this is coming from a guy who love New Jersey..

MplsBison
December 5th, 2013, 06:20 PM

I suggest recruiting NY and CT and you take that as me saying they should not recruit NJ?

xrotatehx

MplsBison
December 5th, 2013, 06:22 PM
He will be happy to know the practice was held in the Fargodome last night.

Guess they're not tough enough to practice outdoors, eh Swag?

As I said, if they had the option Bohl & Co. would not set foot outdoors to practice at any time for the three weeks. That's a correct statement...because it makes common sense.

MplsBison
December 5th, 2013, 06:28 PM

You've seen NDSU football players in Fargo, outdoors, throwing balls and running routes in Jan and Feb?

I want some of what you were having that night...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Guess they're not tough enough to practice outdoors, eh Swag?

As I said, if they had the option Bohl & Co. would not set foot outdoors to practice at any time for the three weeks. That's a correct statement...because it makes common sense.

They don't, so who ****ing cares?

MplsBison
December 5th, 2013, 10:03 PM

If you were an actual fan of NDSU football, you wouldn't say that.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2013, 10:06 PM
If you were an actual fan of NDSU football, you wouldn't say that.

I'm certainly enough of a fan to not wish them any harm to prove myself right, dickhead.

How many games you been to this year? I've been to 4 and I live 600 miles away from Fargo. I should have 6 by the end of the season.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I'm certainly enough of a fan to not wish them any harm to prove myself right, dickhead.

How many games you been to this year? I've been to 4 and I live 600 miles away from Fargo. I should have 6 by the end of the season.

Hes nothing more than a trolling blowhard.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Hes nothing more than a trolling blowhard.

Oh, I know. It's kind of amusing to see just how absurd each answer gets though.

kingranch
December 5th, 2013, 10:59 PM
You've seen NDSU football players in Fargo, outdoors, throwing balls and running routes in Jan and Feb?

if they are, they are breaking ncaa rules you stupid fuch

IBleedYellow
December 5th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Watching ND4E and Mpls troll each other is gold.

GAD
December 5th, 2013, 11:30 PM
if they are, they are breaking ncaa rules you stupid fuch
They can do it as long as no coaches are there

Twentysix
December 6th, 2013, 01:34 AM

No, I love how you changed "winter" into February. During the season and playoffs dippy****. It is winter at this very second. Hard to believe right?

Because I do not photograph mundane everyday occurences like football practice, I will redirect you to photograph from a newspaper.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/media/full/jpg/2010/11/30/ndsu-snow.jpg

Is this a fabricated photograph? Maybe I drew the whole thing by hand, or using photoshop.

jmufan999
December 6th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I voted no....but I'm confused as to what I was actually voting for...and since I had to vote before I could post in this thread...

Is this poll question "Is it good for the program" or "Is it worth the money"

Yes, it's good for the program
No, it's not worth the money

this is exactly what i was thinking.

if it was 100% donated by a private donor, then why would a school say no?

but if you had to pay for it, that might be different. i never understand when people try to come up with polls but they're worded in such a confusing/misleading/ambiguous way. do people not think about how the question is going to be interpreted?

sorry OP, not trying to pick on you. just a pet peeve.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2013, 09:34 AM
this is exactly what i was thinking.

if it was 100% donated by a private donor, then why would a school say no?

but if you had to pay for it, that might be different. i never understand when people try to come up with polls but they're worded in such a confusing/misleading/ambiguous way. do people not think about how the question is going to be interpreted?

sorry OP, not trying to pick on you. just a pet peeve.

That's what Mpls is always going for!

aces1180
December 6th, 2013, 09:34 AM

All we need is JBB and lakesbison to make our Mount Rushmore...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2013, 09:57 AM

Good, you eat the bull****. I will try to answer it.

kingranch
December 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM
They can do it as long as no coaches are there

no teams are practicing in January or February without coaches around, sorry to burst youre bubble. In that part of the offseason there are light strength and conditioning drills but that's about it.

CFBfan
December 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
I'm from New Jersey, played NJ high school football less than a decade ago and my brother coaches at Red Bank Catholic, a top 10 program in the state that is Parochial Group 3 and used to play in that Group 4. NJ football is very good at the top. I'm talking like 10-15 teams, but it is NOWHERE near a top state. It falls right in the middle. There are solid kids from Jersey, but it can't hold a candle to many other states.

And this is coming from a guy who love New Jersey..

I was answering the NY / CT comment.....and asked "Why would FU recruit CT and NOT NJ"????
And the parochial group 4 is now considered the best in the nation
Red Bank can't run with the big dogs in Bergen County

GAD
December 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM
no teams are practicing in January or February without coaches around, sorry to burst youre bubble. In that part of the offseason there are light strength and conditioning drills but that's about it.
Some do 7 on 7 drills point is they can coaches just can't be present

Catbooster
December 6th, 2013, 01:51 PM

I voted yes to the poll question - is it good for the football program

I'd say it's probably only worth it for the money if you are able to use it for other things as well - like indoor track and field, etc. - and depending on the individual situation (climate, what other needs the athletic dept has).

Not having one makes better players? I would disagree with that, although having a small amount of your practice in the elements might.

MplsBison
December 27th, 2013, 10:16 AM

Apparently, you were wrong.

Looks like I am vindicated after all.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/422069/group/Sports/

MplsBison
December 27th, 2013, 10:21 AM
No, I love how you changed "winter" into February. During the season and playoffs dippy****. It is winter at this very second. Hard to believe right?

Because I do not photograph mundane everyday occurences like football practice, I will redirect you to photograph from a newspaper.

Is this a fabricated photograph? Maybe I drew the whole thing by hand, or using photoshop.

You know that winter doesn't start until Dec 21st, right?

I would hope that NDSU wouldn't be granting degrees to students who are without such trivial knowledge. Perhaps they hold in-state students to a lower standard?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 10:22 AM

2 grand for a couple days in a facility or millions for a dedicated practice facility?

If you wrote checks as fast as you wrote posts, it would be built already.

MplsBison
December 27th, 2013, 10:34 AM
2 grand for a couple days in a facility or millions for a dedicated practice facility?

If you wrote checks as fast as you wrote posts, it would be built already.

Perfect. Literally a perfect, spot on embodiment of the typical, cheap-ass North Dakotan sentiment.

Wood burning stoves work just as good! Division II was just fine!

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Perfect. Literally a perfect, spot on embodiment of the typical, cheap-ass North Dakotan sentiment.

Wood burning stoves work just as good! Division II was just fine!
No, it's called a realist North Dakotan sentiment. Something the FBS and IPF crowds don't have. Where's the money going for these things going to come from? It won't be the state that's for sure. Budgets exist in real life and you can't balance them by saying "knock on every door until you find the money!" Gene Taylor said in the interview he gave last week that an IPF is the next priority for the NDSU athletic department AFTER the SHAC is completed. I agree that an IPF would be nice to have but the money isn't going to appear by clicking your heels together three times. The SHAC fund raising saga has shown that projects like this can be done at NDSU but spending wildly without the funds already in place will not happen because NDSU is on it's own to get that money in the eyes of the SBOHE and they won't get the sign off to build until then.

MplsBison
December 27th, 2013, 11:21 AM
No, it's called a realist North Dakotan sentiment. Something the FBS and IPF crowds don't have. Where's the money going for these things going to come from? It won't be the state that's for sure. Budgets exist in real life and you can't balance them by saying "knock on every door until you find the money!" Gene Taylor said in the interview he gave last week that an IPF is the next priority for the NDSU athletic department AFTER the SHAC is completed. I agree that an IPF would be nice to have but the money isn't going to appear by clicking your heels together three times. The SHAC fund raising saga has shown that projects like this can be done at NDSU but spending wildly without the funds already in place will not happen because NDSU is on it's own to get that money in the eyes of the SBOHE and they won't get the sign off to build until then.

Can you link me to this quote? Because if true, I am ecstatic!

As far as the money goes, I agree that it is troublesome raising millions from cheap North Dakotans who think they can take every saved penny with them to heaven.

There is however already a tried and true solution to this dilemma that our brothers to the south have apparently figured out: let the school issue bonds for the building project!!!!

Holy bison s__t!!! What a concept! Is this from outer space?? No you say? They've been doing it a lot of places for a long time?? Huh...almost like North Dakota is still in the dark ages.

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2013, 11:35 AM

As far as the money goes, I agree that it is troublesome raising millions from cheap North Dakotans who think they can take every saved penny with them to heaven.

There is however already a tried and true solution to this dilemma that our brothers to the south have apparently figured out: let the school issue bonds for the building project!!!!

Holy bison s__t!!! What a concept! Is this from outer space?? No you say? They've been doing it a lot of places for a long time?? Huh...almost like North Dakota is still in the dark ages.
They can't post the Bohl Show online during the playoffs but on last week's show they had an interview with Taylor since Bohl wasn't there and he said that an indoor practice facility was their next priority after the SHAC project is fully funded.

justintyem
December 27th, 2013, 12:46 PM
They can't post the Bohl Show online during the playoffs but on last week's show they had an interview with Taylor since Bohl wasn't there and he said that an indoor practice facility was their next priority after the SHAC project is fully funded.Its "NEXT",time to hit up the Big Oil Makers!!!! 5:50 into the video http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/...ading-the-herd (http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/24283812/gene-taylor-leading-the-herd)

Thumper76
December 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM

Why did you need to post this in two threads?

Thumper76
December 27th, 2013, 03:54 PM
You know that winter doesn't start until Dec 21st, right?

I would hope that NDSU wouldn't be granting degrees to students who are without such trivial knowledge. Perhaps they hold in-state students to a lower standard?

You have lived north of nebraska before correct? I dont give a rip what the calander says, when its consistantly below freezing and snow is on the ground its winter. Fun fact, that date has little relevance on the weather conditions in general.

MplsBison
December 27th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Its "NEXT",time to hit up the Big Oil Makers!!!! 5:50 into the video http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/...ading-the-herd (http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/24283812/gene-taylor-leading-the-herd)

Excellent!!

But now the obvious questions:

- how soon?
- what kind of IPF are we talking about? Something that coaches can use to reasonably recruit against SDSU and UND? Or is it going to be a cheap version, just a building shell (like the indoor tracK) or worse: just a bubble?

- and the most important question, as you touched upon: how is it going to be paid for??? Gene Taylor has got to see if they can issue bonds. Get some state senator to change the rules, who cares. If South Dakota allows it, North Dakota must!!!

clenz
December 28th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Excellent!!

But now the obvious questions:

- how soon?
- what kind of IPF are we talking about? Something that coaches can use to reasonably recruit against SDSU and UND? Or is it going to be a cheap version, just a building shell (like the indoor tracK) or worse: just a bubble?

- and the most important question, as you touched upon: how is it going to be paid for??? Gene Taylor has got to see if they can issue bonds. Get some state senator to change the rules, who cares. If South Dakota allows it, North Dakota must!!!Why "must" they?

Colorado and Washington allow pot..."must" every other state?

I, admittedly, don't know the financial state of North Dakota (especially with the oil boom out west) and North Dakota academic funding. However, in the current climate VERY few schools are getting state money to build "luxury" items. Most items of the like are built with privately raised money. With all of the oil money in the state, there "must" be a couple oil tycoons willing to donate towards it...right?

Bisonoline
December 28th, 2013, 10:30 PM

I know this is very hard for you to do---but do some research on possible funding avenues that the state of ND allows for projects of this nature.
Until you do all you are doing is shooting your mouth off as usual.

clenz
December 28th, 2013, 10:48 PM
I know this is very hard for you to do---but do some research on possible funding avenues that the state of ND allows for projects of this nature.
I've informed him that Google/Yahoo/and even Excite would work for him as well as anyone else before.

He responded with something very similar to "I know, but I'm not going to do the work. You do it"

MplsBison
December 28th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Why "must" they?

Colorado and Washington allow pot..."must" every other state?

I, admittedly, don't know the financial state of North Dakota (especially with the oil boom out west) and North Dakota academic funding. However, in the current climate VERY few schools are getting state money to build "luxury" items. Most items of the like are built with privately raised money. With all of the oil money in the state, there "must" be a couple oil tycoons willing to donate towards it...right?

NDSU issuing bonds to build a nice IPF (say $10million) does not mean it's getting free money from the state. It doesn't mean it's getting a loan from the state, either.

It means people of ND (and elsewhere) are giving money to NDSU for the building project now because they know it's a virtually risk free investment of their money.

This is not rocket science. More like indoor plumbing. Though yes I realize there are some North Dakotans who view such mysterious mechanics as "the devil's work".

MplsBison
December 28th, 2013, 11:19 PM

This is an internet message board, correct?

Yes, it is.

OK, thanks.

Bisonoline
December 29th, 2013, 12:59 AM
This is an internet message board, correct?

Yes, it is.

OK, thanks.

So because its a message board you think you can just post what ever misinformation that you can pull out of your ass?

Bisonoline
December 29th, 2013, 01:00 AM
NDSU issuing bonds to build a nice IPF (say $10million) does not mean it's getting free money from the state. It doesn't mean it's getting a loan from the state, either.

It means people of ND (and elsewhere) are giving money to NDSU for the building project now because they know it's a virtually risk free investment of their money.

This is not rocket science. More like indoor plumbing. Though yes I realize there are some North Dakotans who view such mysterious mechanics as "the devil's work".

Cant do it. Next

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Cant do it. Next

He doesn't care about that. He sits in Minnesota in no position to personally contribute to it through any means. Only bitch about it.

MplsBison
December 29th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Cant do it. Next

South Dakota St is doing it.

Why are you arguing that NDSU is a less deserving institution of new facilities than SDSU? xconfusedx

MplsBison
December 29th, 2013, 09:57 AM
He doesn't care about that. He sits in Minnesota in no position to personally contribute to it through any means. Only bitch about it.

I'd proudly buy an NDSU issued bond. Basically a risk free investment.

Bisonator
December 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Either put your money where your mouth is or STFU! If you aren't donating to NDSU you really have no right to flap your ****ing lips. You are nothing but a ****ing troll. For someone who claims to be a fan of NDSU you have more ****ing posts degrading ND and NDSU then anything. You are either with us or against us and your posts clearly indicate the latter! GTFO! STFU!

Sorry I had to channel my inner chattownmocs. But it's getting really old!

Bisonoline
December 29th, 2013, 04:11 PM
South Dakota St is doing it.

Why are you arguing that NDSU is a less deserving institution of new facilities than SDSU? xconfusedx

Who said NDSU wasnt deserving? Thats that delusional thought process of yours ringing in your ears.
. As stated previously you need to research the avenues of funding that is acceptable in ND in regards to infrastructure on public campuses.

bjtheflamesfan
December 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Even though this largely is a Bison *****fest I would like to weigh in...

an indoor practice facility is a good asset, especially to teams like NDSU, SDSU, UND, USD and quite a few others. Does everyone need one? Not necessarily...

dgtw
December 29th, 2013, 09:49 PM
How did such a simple question posed by the OP turn into a urinating contest?

Bisonoline
December 29th, 2013, 09:52 PM

MPLS is involved. Need I say more?

- - - Updated - - -

MPLS is involved. Need I say more?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2013, 07:45 AM

It was always meant to be that. Mpls trolls every thread that even mentions a IPF.

BisonBacker
December 30th, 2013, 10:05 AM
It was always meant to be that. Mpls trolls every thread that even mentions a IPF.

Good Lord I see I voted the same way MPLS did. I am going to have to rethink this xlolx

Bisonator
December 30th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Good Lord I see I voted the same way MPLS did. I am going to have to rethink this xlolx

I did too. Obviously the poll question is worded in a way where it's almost impossible to vote no. Clearly an IPF is a good thing to have but it's not a priority when you have bigger needs first!

UNDBIZ
December 30th, 2013, 03:30 PM

The problem isn't the issuing of bonds, it's the repayment. Due to ndsu and UND being somewhat less than honest with the legislature on several capital projects in the last decade, they (the legislature) are now much more cautious when it comes to approving capital projects. Even if the money for the project is raised through donations or other means, the legislature still has to approve the project before it can move forward. If ndsu was to issue bonds to finance the construction of the IPF or any other facility, the legislature is going to ask where the money is going to come from to repay the bonds. If the donations aren't already lined up to repay the bonds, the legislature will ask if ndsu/the state will be responsible for the repayment should not enough money be raised. The answer to that would be yes and the project wouldn't be approved. Using the foundation to pay for capital projects that are required to be built using donated money and then leasing the new facility from the foundation using state funds (this one's a classic, allowing the school to funnel state funds to their foundation) doesn't appear to work anymore either. xnonox

bjtheflamesfan
December 30th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I voted yes only because there wasnt a yes and no option

- - - Updated - - -

I voted yes only because there wasnt a yes and no option