PDA

View Full Version : Furman @ North Dakota State University

Pages : [1] 2 3

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I hope some Furman fans make it! I can't wait.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 03:41 PM
The SUU SHSU games halftime broadcast is playing the NDSU factoid video that gameday made.

bkit29
November 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM
They might not want to. Next weekends temps are calling for a high of zero Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Should be any easy game for the Bison, I would watch film on Coastal Carolina

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 03:46 PM
They might not want to. Next weekends temps are calling for a high of zero Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Wunderground has a high of 5F and a low of -17F actual for saturday. Should be tropical. With wind it will likely be -30 or -40 that night. Thank god we play indoors.

maine612
November 30th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Some games have upset potential. This is not one of them. NDSU 42, Furman 15.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 04:08 PM
furman sucks

TigerFen
November 30th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Furman loses to NDSU by 25. Until someone stops Jensen, NDSU will keep winning even with the Linebacker injury.

ASU_Fanatic
November 30th, 2013, 04:11 PM
NDSU. by a lot

youwouldno
November 30th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Furman loses to NDSU by 25. Until someone stops Jensen, NDSU will keep winning even with the Linebacker injury.

Jensen gets a lot of attention because he's the QB, but it's their defense that is the star of the show.

CPrice91
November 30th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Based on seeing all those Southerners bundled up for the bonechilling 50 degree weather....

I'm thinking something like this when Furman flies up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJCTgJTgpyQ

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Based on seeing all those Southerners bundled up for the bonechilling 50 degree weather....

I'm thinking something like this when Furman flies up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJCTgJTgpyQ

what's the temp inside that pussy dome y'all play in again?

CPrice91
November 30th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I'm from MSU. I doubt even the North Dakotans want to play in Fargo weather.

Bronco
November 30th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Should be any easy game for the Bison, I would watch film on Coastal Carolina

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought you guys didn't have to watch film

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I thought you guys didn't have to watch film

Who are you guys? I grew up a BSC fan

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

swaghook
November 30th, 2013, 04:26 PM

The players would not mind the fans might a little.

http://localtvkdvr.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/broncos-featured-image-final.jpg

http://kdvr.com/2013/11/26/winterizing-peyton-manning-title-winning-coach-fargo-resident-may-have-some-ideas/

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Who are you guys? I grew up a BSC fan

But you still seem to have picked UM to lose just about every game this season, maybe even the UND one IIRC.

PaladinFan
November 30th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I'm sure no one will pick Furman to even be in this game. Of course, that's nothing new to Furman. They've been the underdog in nearly every game they've played.

NDSU has had their hands full with the last two SoCon teams that made the trip north to Fargo. Playoffs are fickle things.

NDBISONGUY
November 30th, 2013, 04:41 PM
They used to play in this type of weather. The dome is a little warmer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Picked them to lose UND, NAU, Shsu, and MSU. 2-2 in the games i thought they would lose at the beginning of the year. Not impressed with them or the BSC. Because you are a fan doesn't mean you can't be real.

Been a Pats fan since the Grogan days and picked them to lose to Denver.

Nothing wrong with admitting faults of teams you follow.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 30th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Furman has improved since those games against Coastal and Presbyterian (their #1 QB didn't play against Presbyterian). I don't think anyone who has followed the SoCon can say otherwise. They have gotten where they are by playing field position, playing good run and red zone defense, and executing well and making fewer big mistakes than their opponents. Bad news for Furman is, if there is one team that can beat them at their own game it's NDSU and NDSU has the talent advantage to boot. I see NDSU winning, but it won't be as ugly as I am sure people will predict.

I also think people should take a closer look at the SoCon in non-conference games. Not all losses are created equal no matter how many cliches about moral victories you make. Samford played Arkansas well and went down to the wire against the SELA team that beat every SLC team by double digits. Furman played a respectable game against LSU. And of course Georgia Southern is 4-4 in conference play and beat a Florida team that would beat (IMO) any of the FBS teams that have taken FCS losses other than Oregon State and Kansas State.

NDSU wins, but they won't make Furman look worse than just about all of NDSU's conference opponents.

NDSU: 24
Furman: 7

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 30th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I just hope NDSU can pull this one off so they hold up their end of meeting us the following week.

swaghook
November 30th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I just hope NDSU can pull this one off so they hold up their end of meeting us the following week.

I would be less worried about NDSU then I would be the Griz. I have NDSU and the Griz meeting up in my bracket but I had SUU winning as well so maybe I over estimated the BSC teams against others. xchinscratchx

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Elder AG1 can show us the path!

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 30th, 2013, 05:30 PM
I would be less worried about NDSU then I would be the Griz. I have NDSU and the Griz meeting up in my bracket but I had SUU winning as well so maybe I over estimated the BSC teams against others. xchinscratchx

I am less worried about the Griz than I would be the Bison. I think people are overestimating MVC teams this season.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I am less worried about the Griz than I would be the Bison. I think people are overestimating MVC teams this season.

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Troll_Face.png

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Troll_Face.png

centennial
November 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Lets talk again if we beat Furman and you can take care of Coastal. Don't fail me griz.
PS- Good test tonight with NAU vs SDSU.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 30th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Lets talk again if we beat Furman and you can take care of Coastal. Don't fail me griz.
PS- Good test tonight with NAU vs SDSU.

You push.....we will push back.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 05:45 PM
ESPN or whoever decides when the games are schedule sucks at staggering them. Every single game starts at 12 central-2:30 central... which means you can go to one game and not watch any of the others...

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 06:12 PM
ESPN or whoever decides when the games are schedule sucks at staggering them. Every single game starts at 12 central-2:30 central... which means you can go to one game and not watch any of the others...

good point

Darlinikki150
November 30th, 2013, 06:14 PM
ESPN app is your best friend.

nick9c
November 30th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Considering making this trip. What's the driving time from MSP airport to Fargo?

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Considering making this trip. What's the driving time from MSP airport to Fargo?

Depends on traffic/weather. 3 1/2 hours.

Hammerhead
November 30th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Driving time from MSP to the Fargodome is around 3.5- 4 hours depending on traffic around the Twin Cities. Driving time from FAR to the Fargodome is a about 4 minutes.

Bisonator
November 30th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Congrats to Furman! Can't wait for next weekends game. GO BISON!!

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 07:20 PM

Here is what's headed for Fargo. The Southern Baptist Convention!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e30xWoxqGWw

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2013, 07:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e30xWoxqGWw

You, we want you in Fargo.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

SCPALADIN
November 30th, 2013, 07:32 PM
You, we want you in Fargo.

Have you seen their football team?? They won't be heading to Fargo anytime soon.

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
I gave the Furman fans I saw today that said they'd be headed up there to just make sure to bring 1 thing: Earplugs.

What I saw today was a young NDSU in purple. Pass only when necessary, strong running game, controlling the LOS & TOP, a disciplined & swarming defense. Furman will get deeper into the playoffs in '14 & '15 considering how young the team is this year (30 out of 44 in the 2-deep are Fr. or So.) I mentioned after the game while in the Furman tailgate to take this week & next to be a big stepping stone towards the next 2 years. Look at next Saturday's loss as a learning experience more so than a loss.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Have you seen their football team?? They won't be heading to Fargo anytime soon.

we'll whip your ass next year in the white trash mill workin' upstate, JUST like we did in our last visit to paladin stadium

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2013, 07:40 PM

Is this how you dressed in your travels to Montana?

http://symonsez.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/davisindrag.jpg

dewey
November 30th, 2013, 07:56 PM

Drive time from MSP to Fargo is about 3.5-4 hours depending on stops, weather and traffic getting out of the cities. I would suggest looking at flying into Fargo. Maybe the price is is right.

Have safe travels if you do decide to make the trip.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2013, 08:23 PM

I was talking about wanting citdog to come to Fargo.

apaladin2
November 30th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Southwest Airlines roundtrip non-stop Greenville to Chicago for $293. How long is the drive from Chicago?

swaghook
November 30th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Southwest Airlines roundtrip non-stop Greenville to Chicago for $293. How long is the drive from Chicago?

10+ hours

marenlee
November 30th, 2013, 08:41 PM
You're better off flying from Atlanta to Fargo non-stop IMO.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the prices.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 08:46 PM
You're better off flying from Atlanta to Fargo non-stop IMO.

That flight is $524 right now. You could probably priceline it down $100-150

chattanoogamocs
November 30th, 2013, 08:52 PM
The Marching Southerners look like they account for about half of the attendance tonight.

Whew...that place is empty. Not sure if JSU could ask for worse timing...Thanksgiving weekend with no students on campus and the Iron Bowl with both teams in the top 5.

SCPALADIN
November 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I was talking about wanting citdog to come to Fargo.

As was I.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 08:54 PM
As was I.

GO BISON! EXTERMINATE VERMIN!

SCPALADIN
November 30th, 2013, 09:12 PM
GO BISON! EXTERMINATE VERMIN!

And so continues citdog's 21 year long tradition of pulling for a team other than his own in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

Bisonator
November 30th, 2013, 09:51 PM
And so continues citdog's 21 year long tradition of pulling for a team other than his own in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

xlolx

Bisonator
November 30th, 2013, 09:53 PM
That flight is $524 right now. You could probably priceline it down $100-150

Beats the hell out of driving 10+ from Chicago!

marenlee
November 30th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Bad idea for a Southerner to drive the winter roads... Trust me I know :D

ThompsonThe
November 30th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Main difference is that the Northern cities have a lot more snow removal equipment and deicing.

marenlee
November 30th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Main difference is that the Northern cities have a lot more snow removal equipment and deicing.
Never saw any in South Dakota. I will never drive there between October and April ever again.

swaghook
November 30th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Never saw any in South Dakota. I will never drive there between October and April ever again.

Seemed that way to us after driving down to Sioux Falls and back during a rain/snow event last January. Did not get sanded roads on the way back until we hit the ND/SD border.

FargoBison
November 30th, 2013, 10:27 PM

MN will salt the road heavily.

I think SD has one plow truck that works from the ND/SD border to Watertown. That has t0 be the worst stretch of interstate in American for weather.

dewey
November 30th, 2013, 10:36 PM

Another option is once you get to Chicago take the Amtrak empire builder line from Chicago to downtown Fargo. I am not sure about price or time but there are options.

You could also take another flight to Minneapolis St Paul airport from Chicago then rent a car or even take the Amtrak enlist builder line to Fargo.

Dewey

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Another option is once you get to Chicago take the Amtrak empire builder line from Chicago to downtown Fargo. I am not sure about price or time but there are options.

You could also take another flight to Minneapolis St Paul airport from Chicago then rent a car or even take the Amtrak enlist builder line to Fargo.

Dewey

Chicago to MSP is usually $50-70 on spirit air...

Amtrak is out of this world expensive.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 10:44 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img41/6108/fqf9.png

$85 Round trip ORD ---> MSP on friday, MSP ---> ORD on Sunday.

Even with 2 people in the car, that is the same price or cheaper than the cost of driving from Chicago to Minneapolis. Especially in the winter.

NDSUSR
November 30th, 2013, 10:45 PM
http://www.kayak.com/flights/MSY-FAR/2013-12-06/2013-12-08

N.O - FAR $475

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Apparently NDSU fans want to get people up here. You'd think we enjoy your company or something! ;-)

thirdgendin
November 30th, 2013, 10:50 PM
http://www.kayak.com/flights/MSY-FAR/2013-12-06/2013-12-08

N.O - FAR $475

Who is coming from Louisiana?!

dewey
November 30th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I already have tickets in my wallet for next weekend and I can't wait for the game! Hopefully the Furman fans that make the trip have a great time and manage not to freeze to death.

Go Bison!

Dewey

bisonguy
November 30th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Potential high temps below zero for Saturday (low Saturday of -15), so any Furman fans that are making the trip bring plenty of warm clothes.

DJKyR0
November 30th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Potential high temps below zero for Saturday (low Saturday of -15), so any Furman fans that are making the trip bring plenty of warm clothes.

Or plenty of strong hooch.

fmrbearkat
November 30th, 2013, 11:47 PM

Hell that's all?? Down right summertime weather!! Nicki will be in her bikini pregame and drink any of those pansy paladins under the table!!

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2013, 11:48 PM
I have my Franzia, Ritz, and Easy cheese at the ready for any Furman tailgators. :D

Vitojr130
November 30th, 2013, 11:54 PM

On the news tonight we predicted a high of -4 for game day.

Bring up them coats if you're coming from the South.
Other things required for warmth:

Gloves
Hats
Facial Hair
Booze

NDSUSR
November 30th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Balls.. I pasted up my last screenshot for someone else. Charlotte and Columbia are both $582.
Atlanta is much more.

centennial
December 1st, 2013, 12:00 AM
Just an FYI to everyone. Bing search for flights works better than google, they will even tell you if you should buy or there is a chance for a better deal. I have saved some serious money using them flying last minute.
http://www.bing.com/travel

apaladin2
December 1st, 2013, 02:25 AM
Found a Greenville to Minneapolis flight, including rental car for $395. Sounds like the best deal so far. Still a little worried about riding around in a strange place in below zero weather! xcoffeex:(xthumbsupx

Twentysix
December 1st, 2013, 03:02 AM
Just an FYI to everyone. Bing search for flights works better than google, they will even tell you if you should buy or there is a chance for a better deal. I have saved some serious money using them flying last minute.
http://www.bing.com/travel

Priceline name your own price is outstanding also.

This is a flight from earlier this spring:

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/6785/1xq7.png

483.95 off listed flight costs, that is the price the airlines website lists, and bing/google.

$265 before taxes is also what I paid for my RT flights from FAR to MEX. Interesting.

The above flight was FAR to LAX during Spring Break, allegiants offseason.

word
December 1st, 2013, 03:15 AM
Do we need a heated shuttle to get paladin fans between tailgates?

fmrbearkat
December 1st, 2013, 06:33 AM
Do we need a heated shuttle to get paladin fans between tailgates?

Im guessing quite a few walrus pelt parkas that ole Agnes Hailstone from NatGeo's life below zero might already be on order!!

blueballs
December 1st, 2013, 07:40 AM
NDSU by 17+... Furman is nowhere near as good as Wofford or GSU was last year, plus there is no scheme advantage. They are similar to NDSU but not as good and traveling into a tough atmosphere a long way from home. It will be a good learning experience for them.

Furman will be a top 10 team next year.

TennBison
December 1st, 2013, 08:43 AM

The Bison never practice inside, you Montana fans should know that by now.

eaglewraith
December 1st, 2013, 02:08 PM
Furple will in no way be ready for the Decibel Dome. I'll take NDSU by quite a few.

PaladinFan
December 1st, 2013, 02:48 PM
Furple will in no way be ready for the Decibel Dome. I'll take NDSU by quite a few.

For the record, Furman has already played in front of 90k in Baton Rouge at night.

Of course, the Bison fans will be more engaged in this one than LSU fans, but it isn't as though Furman hasn't played in front of a loud hostile crowd this season.

centennial
December 1st, 2013, 03:11 PM
For the record, Furman has already played in front of 90k in Baton Rouge at night.

Of course, the Bison fans will be more engaged in this one than LSU fans, but it isn't as though Furman hasn't played in front of a loud hostile crowd this season.
I think Furman needs to see this as a learning experience. NDSU has shot itself in the foot before so I am not going to say its going to be blowout. This will be a good test on how far they are from the top..

Gil Dobie
December 1st, 2013, 03:47 PM
Found a Greenville to Minneapolis flight, including rental car for $395. Sounds like the best deal so far. Still a little worried about riding around in a strange place in below zero weather! xcoffeex:(xthumbsupx

Allegiant goes from Greenville to Orlando or Tampa, from either Florida city to Fargo.

PaladinFan
December 1st, 2013, 04:36 PM
I think Furman needs to see this as a learning experience. NDSU has shot itself in the foot before so I am not going to say its going to be blowout. This will be a good test on how far they are from the top..

Furman fans did not expect a great turnaround going into the season. Most thought 2014 was when we would see big leap back to national prominence.

Make no mistake, though, Furman isn't coming up there for a learning experience. They are coming up there to win. They've been underdogs all season. There's no wide eyed "we're just happy to be here" in the Paladins.

Eagle22
December 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM

Been to both venues (Baton Rouge and FargoDome), both at night after the fan bases have been tailgating.

NDSU's 18K screaming at the top of their lungs is a level of noise I don't even wish on the Furman Paladins. Comparing it to an outdoor stadium is futile, because it is simply on another scale that borders being impossible to adequately describe.

Last year, I thought it was very loud during the introductions and sort of figured that was it ... then their announcer said something (indiscernable above the din) and it went up to another level that was ridiculous.

Granted, GSU made it get quiet for a spell here and there, but IMO the only way to make that place get quiet is get up a few scores .... very difficult to do. Furman would be wise to defer if they win the coin flip, and pray their defense can stuff the Bison early on.

Eagle22
December 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Furman fans did not expect a great turnaround going into the season. Most thought 2014 was when we would see big leap back to national prominence.

Make no mistake, though, Furman isn't coming up there for a learning experience. They are coming up there to win. They've been underdogs all season. There's no wide eyed "we're just happy to be here" in the Paladins.

They will be wide eyed after the Bison's entrance. You can't help but be affected by it. Maybe Furman settles down quickly, but I absolutely guarantee you it is such a different change of pace you can't help but to get sucked up into the environment a little bit.

Been around a lot of venues in my nearly 30 years following the Eagles, and there is nothing quite like it.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2013, 04:48 PM
Been to both venues (Baton Rouge and FargoDome), both at night after the fan bases have been tailgating.

NDSU's 18K screaming at the top of their lungs is a level of noise I don't even wish on the Furman Paladins. Comparing it to an outdoor stadium is futile, because it is simply on another scale that borders being impossible to adequately describe.

Last year, I thought it was very loud during the introductions and sort of figured that was it ... then their announcer said something (indiscernable above the din) and it went up to another level that was ridiculous.

Granted, GSU made it get quiet for a spell here and there, but IMO the only way to make that place get quiet is get up a few scores .... very difficult to do. Furman would be wise to defer if they win the coin flip, and pray their defense can stuff the Bison early on.

They will know soon ;). Also, please don't defer. The bison are the only ones allowed to defer.

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2013, 05:09 PM
They will be wide eyed after the Bison's entrance. You can't help but be affected by it. Maybe Furman settles down quickly, but I absolutely guarantee you it is such a different change of pace you can't help but to get sucked up into the environment a little bit.

Been around a lot of venues in my nearly 30 years following the Eagles, and there is nothing quite like it.

I remember thinking Georgia Southern coming out during the entrance was a pretty bold move (liked it to be honest). Most teams don't leave the locker room until the Bison are already on the field.

Video of said entrance below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SwD_mbE3dM

IBleedYellow
December 1st, 2013, 05:15 PM
Here's the beautiful thing that MANY people always overlook.

The Fargodome get's dead quiet when Brock and Co. step onto the field.

We aren't some stupid fan base that constantly yells. We shut up when the offense is on the field and we don't have to have billboards stating "Quiet Please, Offense at Work."

stonemd
December 1st, 2013, 05:55 PM
So it is loud I the stadium and cold up north
last year app and wofford hung in there
i kind of like that fu gets no respect

Hammerhead
December 1st, 2013, 06:44 PM
Last year's Georgia Southern and Wofford teams also weren't 30 point underdogs according to the Sagarin ratings.

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2013, 06:48 PM

App?

FargoBison
December 1st, 2013, 07:13 PM

We've never played App...the only SoCon teams we have played recently are Wofford and GSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2013, 07:33 PM
App?

We have some new Decembrists!

Aw, I love when the new ones show up.

AppApp
December 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM
We have some new Decembrists!

Aw, I love when the new ones show up.

So the guy said App when he meant GSU, big deal!

To say that Furman is new to December is ridiculous, they have played in 3 national titles, 6 national semifinals, and been to the playoffs 16 different times to go along with a record 13 SoCon Championships.

Its the NDSU fanbase that shows its @ss all over the place with stupid chest thumping comments of how they are the greatest football program of all time, when in fact it is NDSU who is still "NEW" to FCS, so learn some more history first fans, I am sure the majority of you guys running you're mouth all over the place are the younger crowd that have not been fans of you're team for very long, but come on give me a break, NDSU is nothing special, just another team that can lose to anybody left in this playoff field on any Saturday.

I like how Furman is playing and expect this game to be anybody's to win in the 4th quarter, may the better team prevail.

FUGameBreaker
December 1st, 2013, 07:53 PM
I am expecting a classic game, should be fun!

FU All The Time!!!!!!!!

No_Skill
December 1st, 2013, 07:53 PM

To say that Furman is new to December is ridiculous, they have played in 3 national titles, 6 national semifinals, and been to the playoffs 16 different times to go along with a record 13 SoCon Championships.

Its the NDSU fanbase that shows its @ss all over the place with stupid chest thumping comments of how they are the greatest football program of all time, when in fact it is NDSU who is still "NEW" to FCS, so learn some more history first fans, I am sure the majority of you guys running you're mouth all over the place are the younger crowd that have not been fans of you're team for very long, but come on give me a break, NDSU is nothing special, just another team that can lose to anybody left in this playoff field on any Saturday.

I like how Furman is playing and expect this game to be anybody's to win in the 4th quarter, may the better team prevail.

If it's a game in the fourth...we deserve to go no further.

FUGameBreaker
December 1st, 2013, 07:56 PM
If it's a game in the fourth...we deserve to go no further.

Haha, I think you helped him make his point about classless comments coming from the NDSU fanbase. Oh well makes no difference just shows how uninformed you guys are.

jacoj21
December 1st, 2013, 08:03 PM
Haha, I think you helped him make his point about classless comments coming from the NDSU fanbase. Oh well makes no difference just shows how uninformed you guys are.

Classless? Yes, but uninformed? xsmhx

No_Skill
December 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM

It wasn't intended to be classless and I have watched more SoCon games than you would guess.

youwouldno
December 1st, 2013, 08:11 PM
Classless? Yes, but uninformed? xsmhx

Uninformed? Not really, more like completely ignorant. News flash- other teams have had dominant stretches in FCS before. Youngstown State under Tressel. App St just a few years ago. Georgia Southern with 6 titles.

NDSU is a great team but far from unprecedented. The FCS didn't start with NDSU's arrival, impressive though it's been.

FargoBison
December 1st, 2013, 08:14 PM

I wish I could go back in time and tell an App fan those Edwards teams weren't anything special. I doubt I would be getting a cordial response.

No_Skill
December 1st, 2013, 08:17 PM
Uninformed? Not really, more like completely ignorant. News flash- other teams have had dominant stretches in FCS before. Youngstown State under Tressel. App St just a few years ago. Georgia Southern with 6 titles.

NDSU is a great team but far from unprecedented. The FCS didn't start with NDSU's arrival, impressive though it's been.

Is Furman currently in one of those dominant stretches? I don't see what wrong with saying we should win this game going away. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings.

PaladinFan
December 1st, 2013, 08:18 PM

I realize the SoCon wasn't their best this season, but you make a good point. Furman has been to the title game three times, have won a title, and their biggest rivals have a combined 9 titles. Yes, the team is young, but its not as though this is the program's first rodeo (or Bruce Fowler's).

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM

Furman was on the Mt. Rushmore of FCS program when I really began to follow this level in the late 90's. They're still among the best of the best despite a relatively average last decade. Still love their uniforms!

PaladinFan
December 1st, 2013, 08:20 PM
Is Furman currently in one of those dominant stretches? I don't see what wrong with saying we should win this game going away. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Perhaps the beginning of one. App State was 6-5 the season before they rattled off three championships. Sometimes a switch is flipped.

At the end of the day, if Furman can be down 4 to LSU at the half, they can hang with NDSU. Unlike LSU, the Bison don't have the luxury of 85 scholarship players. If the Paladins can keep the game close, who knows what can happen.

youwouldno
December 1st, 2013, 08:32 PM

Give me a break. No one disputes the fact NDSU is a huge favorite in this game. Reality doesn't 'hurt' my 'feelings'. Most NDSU fans are barely talking about the game anyway, being more inclined to muse on such topics as why the Bison aren't in the Big 12 yet.

Eagle22
December 1st, 2013, 08:40 PM
I remember thinking Georgia Southern coming out during the entrance was a pretty bold move (liked it to be honest). Most teams don't leave the locker room until the Bison are already on the field.

We learned our lesson in 2011. Changed it up in 2012.

Thanks for that video. Hadn't seen it before ... I was standing on the sidelines waiting for GSU to hit the field and was surprised to see Monken roll out the team at that same point. I thought it was pretty smart on his part .....

That video doesn't do the sound level justice.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM

Decembrists was a term coined by Mr. Chicken to describe those new AGS users who join every December when their team makes the playoffs.

But please, go ahead and pop off at me like I did something wrong.

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2013, 08:45 PM

Thanks for that video. Hadn't seen it before ... I was sitting on the sidelines waiting for GSU to hit the field and was surprised to see Monken roll out the team at that same point. I thought it was pretty smart on his part .....

Agree on the sound quality. It's more for the video and to show the timing of when GSU took the field. Also, I agree with you about it being a pretty smart move for Monken to bring the team out. It could backfire for some teams, but that GSU squad was fired up when they came out.

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2013, 08:48 PM
Decembrists was a term coined by Mr. Chicken to describe those new AGS users who join every December when their team makes the playoffs.

But please, go ahead and pop off at me like I did something wrong.

I'm not going to get into this spat with people about NDSU fans being blowhards and the ensuing p***ing match that generally takes place, but there is definitely one common denominator every week this happens. Care to take a guess?

Bisonoline
December 1st, 2013, 08:48 PM
I realize the SoCon wasn't their best this season, but you make a good point. Furman has been to the title game three times, have won a title, and their biggest rivals have a combined 9 titles. Yes, the team is young, but its not as though this is the program's first rodeo (or Bruce Fowler's).

Whens the last time you were in the title game? When was the last time you were in the playoffs and how far did you go?

SUPharmacist
December 1st, 2013, 08:56 PM

Do you really think this run by NDSU is nothing special? There are a number of teams that have had great runs, and I bet there fans enjoyed the ride same as ours. You are right that NDSU is still new, that also males this special. If they can win a title this year they can really join the discussion of great FCS teams, we shall see. I do find it hilarious for an app fan to be one calling Bison fans out, get a clue.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2013, 08:56 PM
I'm not going to get into this spat with people about NDSU fans being blowhards and the ensuing p***ing match that generally takes place, but there is definitely one common denominator every week this happens. Care to take a guess?

Yep. You sensitive types.

eaglewraith
December 1st, 2013, 08:57 PM

I think coming staying out on the field was a nice touch as well.

We had the advantage of knowing what we were in for. Furman doesn't have that luxury.

Sam_Kats
December 1st, 2013, 08:58 PM
Bison02 beat me to it...Jesus, NoDak - can you add ANY substance to a conversation without sounding like a sarcastic little bitch??

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2013, 08:59 PM
Bison02 beat me to it...Jesus, NoDak - can you add ANY substance to a conversation without sounding like a sarcastic little bitch??

http://katfans.com/forum/

Seriously though. I'm not going to get into another fight about my style. It's only about 5 of you guys who can't seem to handle it.

eaglewraith
December 1st, 2013, 09:01 PM
Perhaps the beginning of one. App State was 6-5 the season before they rattled off three championships. Sometimes a switch is flipped.

At the end of the day, if Furman can be down 4 to LSU at the half, they can hang with NDSU. Unlike LSU, the Bison don't have the luxury of 85 scholarship players. If the Paladins can keep the game close, who knows what can happen.

ButtLSU?

SUPharmacist
December 1st, 2013, 09:02 PM

I hate to defend Nodak, but the comment that sparked this off was targeted at a new poster (still not a classy move), and not targeted at Furman in general. They are a good program with a rich history from great conference historically. I do not think this will be a close game, but would not be surprised by anything AGS.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2013, 09:03 PM
ButtLSU?

Careful...not allowed to be negative. Can only effusively praise every team.

But seriously. We have another "butt" on our hands.

I just got back from a trip to Fargo so I will not be back for this game. I'm probably coming for the Semi. Yes that will happen.

eaglewraith
December 1st, 2013, 09:04 PM

We played in front of a rabid Bama fanbase like 4 weeks before we played NDSU the first time. We thought we had good preparation for the sound inside the Dome.

We were wrong.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2013, 09:04 PM
I hate to defend Nodak, but the comment that sparked this off was targeted at a new poster (still not a classy move), and not targeted at Furman in general. They are a good program with a rich history from great conference historically. I do not think this will be a close game, but would not be surprised by anything AGS.

xbangx

Are we not allowed to use Decembrist this year? Have we reached such a level of pussification?

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2013, 09:07 PM
Yep. You sensitive types.

Far from it....just getting pretty ****ing tired of seeing Bison fans lumped together due to actions of a small minority.

Furman fans:

I hope a lot of you guys make the trip up to Fargo. Ask any of your fellow SoCon mates that have made it up here for tips or don't hesitate ask. Stop on by my tailgate and partake in some grub/beverages. Plan right now is to have a few slow cookers, chicken on the pellet grill, and a big coffee urn for hot water (hot chocolate, tea, pick your poison I guess). Even though I don't partake with spirits, we are open to requests for Wine/Cheese! :) We make sure our guests never leave thirsty/hungry.

SUPharmacist
December 1st, 2013, 09:09 PM
xbangx

Are we not allowed to use Decembrist this year? Have we reached such a level of pussification?

Most got it, and to an extent you were right especially those comments coming from an App St fan when there fanbase can be equally obnoxious to ours. I just don't think it was necessary, I go back and forth on the value of a thread that carries on just for the sake of argument, and not for real discussion. Back to the subject at hand the southern conference has given NDSU some great games in the past, and Furman has finished strong so maybe it will be close, but the so on was down this year.

Sam_Kats
December 1st, 2013, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;2063705]xbangx

Are we not allowed to use Decembrist this year? Have we reached such a level of pussification?[/QUOTE

I love it - a stay at home Dad re-writing the book of masculinity.

frozennorth
December 1st, 2013, 09:13 PM
I love it - a stay at home Dad re-writing the book of masculinity.

whats wrong with that?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2013, 09:17 PM
whats wrong with that?

Well for starters. I'm not really a stay at home dad. I have a job, and he is an asshole we won't have to worry about after next weekend.

As for this thread. Furman is coming to Fargo to get murdered. Chalk lines and all. That's my ****ing analysis of the game.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2013, 09:23 PM
all I can say is I was looking forward to the Wofford game last year, not so much this year..... not into pain and torture.....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2013, 09:26 PM
all I can say is I was looking forward to the Wofford game last year, not so much this year..... not into pain and torture.....

yeah. I don't know why everybody is comparing this years SoCon to last years. It's not even close.

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2013, 09:31 PM

Thanks for that video. Hadn't seen it before ... I was standing on the sidelines waiting for GSU to hit the field and was surprised to see Monken roll out the team at that same point. I thought it was pretty smart on his part .....

Makes me laugh every time I see this video. The crowd seemed pretty surprised when Ga So rolled out. I don't know if it was the right move or not, I had no problem with it though.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2013, 09:32 PM
Makes me laugh every time I see this video. The crowd seemed pretty surprised when GSU rolled out. I don't know if it was the right move or not, I had no problem with though.

If Monken had used one ounce of cleverness at the end of the game that he used at the beginning, they might not have lost.

I think he fell apart there on the final drive.

Eagle22
December 1st, 2013, 09:38 PM
Makes me laugh every time I see this video. The crowd seemed pretty surprised when Ga So rolled out. I don't know if it was the right move or not, I had no problem with it though.

Surprised ? Lol ... shocked, I think .. the boos certainly rained down :)

Much better than 2011 from my perspective .. my jaw practically hit the floor ... at least I was ready for it in Round2.

Biggest regret ? Should not have spent 2 hours doing the GSU pregame radio show. Missed out on some unreal tailgating.

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2013, 09:40 PM
Surprised ? Lol ... shocked, I think .. the boos certainly rained down :)

Much better than 2011 from my perspective .. my jaw practically hit the floor ... at least I was ready for it in Round2.

Biggest regret ? Should not have spent 2 hours doing the GSU pregame radio show. Missed out on some unreal tailgating.

Well? What are you waiting for? If the Bison win this weekend, come out for the quarterfinals and actually enjoy the trip as a neutral bystander. :D

eaglewraith
December 1st, 2013, 09:41 PM
If Monken had used one ounce of cleverness at the end of the game that he used at the beginning, they might not have lost.

I think he fell apart there on the final drive.

We made two critical errors on that drive that greatly benefited you guys. Also, on the 4th and 3 play, our LB was there in the gap, but got bounced because of your OL. It was a perfect storm there, our coaches handled it about as well as they could, we just didn't execute well enough all around.

PaladinNation
December 1st, 2013, 09:42 PM
Have no clue how this game will turn out. I do know Coach Fowler and many of the other Furman coaches. They will go to Fargo expecting to win. Not saying they will, we're young, we're injured and as many Bison fans have stated, we're undersized and lacking depth at some positions. Furman is proud of it's modern day football history and it has every right to be. A school with 2500 students has some major accomplishments on the football field.

For a program all but forgotten on this board, its good to be back. With 44 freshmen and 19 sophomores, this is experience for the long run. Coach Fowler has basically coached a miracle season. The grit this team has shown gives me some hope that with some breaks, we could possibly hang around and give NDSU a game. Or, we get whooped. If we do this team will be better for it, as many have posted this is great experience for those 63 players that have several more years to play. I don't think this will be the last matchup, maybe next time you guys will be the ones traveling.

citdog
December 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
I HATE FURMAN but a few of the NDSU faithful make it HARD to root for y'all.......

Drblankstare
December 1st, 2013, 09:44 PM
I HATE FURMAN but a few of the NDSU faithful make it HARD to root for y'all.......
Just a few?:D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2013, 09:50 PM
We made two critical errors on that drive that greatly benefited you guys. Also, on the 4th and 3 play, our LB was there in the gap, but got bounced because of your OL. It was a perfect storm there, our coaches handled it about as well as they could, we just didn't execute well enough all around.

I knew it was over after the second timeout. Monken lost his **** on that one.

Bisonwinagn
December 1st, 2013, 10:05 PM
I would rank Furman similar to South Dakota who NDSU beat 42-0 the last game. So on paper I would expect a similar result. Anything can happen but the bye and home field will be huge advantages.

CommishBigSmooth
December 1st, 2013, 10:13 PM
Overall it seems Furman is a class operation that might be a year away from making noise in a game like this. Nice win last week with the big plays, but I don't think the talent quite measures up to what NDSU puts on the field.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2013, 12:13 AM

Hey Kevin, Do Kyle and I not sweet talk you enough to cheer for NDSU? :D

citdog
December 2nd, 2013, 12:24 AM
Hey Kevin, Do Kyle and I not sweet talk you enough to cheer for NDSU? :D

Y'all are doing great!

Vitojr130
December 2nd, 2013, 12:26 AM

This whole comment is loaded with lulz.

I guess we've been uninformed for the majority of our D1 upbringing... xlolx

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 12:29 AM

"Join Date: Dec 2013" is what makes someone a decembrist. Perhaps you are uninformed regarding AGS's lingo..

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 12:45 AM

I thought we were going to head to Pink's together and then spin the dreidel for twenties. :( You break my heart.

Vitojr130
December 2nd, 2013, 12:46 AM

xlolx

ButtLSU?

I was thinking the same thing.

Found out I work with Lakes. This could get fun.

DJKyR0
December 2nd, 2013, 01:17 AM
Y'all are doing great!

Had a few thoughts after the call that I thought were pertinent to the game. Figure this is as good as anywhere to share them.

I mentioned that Furman strikes me as a team similar to NDSU circa 2010 - solid running game, good defense, sporadic passing game as evidenced by 7 TDs to 4 INTs for the starting QB (who I understand was out for a few games to start the season). The differences lie in how their regular seasons ended: NDSU that season entered the playoffs off a 0-3 loss to a horrendous Missouri State team; Furman won their final 5 FCS games this year (interrupted by a blowout to LSU, which is understandable). You remarked something along the lines of "Furman controls the game, and that's what they'll do." The reality of that statement is that NDSU excels at taking other teams out of their comfort zones and imposing their will through physical play along the trenches and with the bruising running game that Ojuri-Crockett impose. Add to that a defense that boasts one of the top 3rd down conversion defenses in the country and NDSU forces teams' defenses to stay on the field at a rate that surpasses almost every team in the country. Your defense gets tired. Your offense gets frustrated. Your players make mistakes, and the Bison exploit that and turn those mistakes into points.

Furman may be good at forcing that kind of doctrine on the field in the SoCon, but if Samford's getting slapped around by Jacksonville State (who came from an admittedly-better-than-usual OVC) is any indication, the SoCon wasn't the real deal that it usually is this season. It makes it hard to take your claims seriously, to be honest, although with your firsthand knowledge of the former dominance Furman displayed it makes sense. NDSU played a team similar to what you describe in South Dakota State earlier this season, and the result was a 20-0 shutout on the road. In the dome, I like our chances considerably more and while I appreciate Furman's past success it doesn't change the product on the field in six days. This game is going to be at least a 10-point victory.

The true aspect of this team that is going to win them the FCS Championship again, though, is how quietly dominant our passing game has become. Brock Jensen winning the conference's player of the year award only advertised what Bison fans were watching on the field, and the fact that he has made tremendous strides in his passing game versus his abilities on the ground mirrors the dual-threat nature of this offense. He's 4th nationally in passing efficiency this season with a 169.7 QBR and throws just a hair under 67% - plus a 26-6 TD-INT ratio. Jensen's finally managed to convert his lethality on the goal line into a passing analog, and the result is a Bison team averaging 37.1 points per game - 11 more than the most the defense has allowed this season and 28 more than they allow on a per-game average.

No doubt Furman is a quality team with that (effectively) six-win streak to finish the season. There are teams in the playoffs that can challenge NDSU - I know Bison fans have earned themselves a penchant for thinking we're God's gift to football for daring to boast about our team, but I can recognize that. The reality is that Furman does not rub me as a team that falls into the category. Few teams do, and maybe after Saturday we'll all see why.

citdog
December 2nd, 2013, 02:18 AM
A lot of those same points were made about tiny Wofford College last season and they gave you everything you wanted and almost stole one from you at your place. Furman is a lot like that team. without The Bear Jew, of course. The Christian Knights will attempt to dictate tempo and especially field position. Fowler, like Bohl. knows that sometimes a punt isn't the worst thing in the world. NDSU has gotten to this point by not making mistakes and playing forcing their will upon their opponents. This Furman team is a resilient bunch and young enough to not realize they are playing with house money at this point. Dakota Dozier alone is worth the price of admission. I have been very complementary of the Bison and respect what y'all have accomplished but a couple of plays here and there don't go your way the last couple of years and you might have 0 titles.

T-Dog
December 2nd, 2013, 02:33 AM
Playing football indoors is a crime against nature.

thebootfitter
December 2nd, 2013, 02:48 AM
Good luck to Furman. I hope it is a good game, though I suspect there will never be much doubt about who is in control. Anything can happen, though.

Re: LSU... Furman definitely had a respectable first half. Can't take that away from them. Funny thing is, LSU plays pretty vanilla against FCS teams -- Especially in the first half. A few other AGS posters reiterated that to me many times in another thread. Now consider that Sagarin shows the Bison only a 1-point underdog to LSU if the game were played in the FargoDome. Compare that to Furman being 40+ point underdogs at the time.

If you want to compare the upcoming game to the LSU game, fair enough. But as a fan, you should be prepared for a similar outcome.

thebootfitter
December 2nd, 2013, 02:52 AM
You might feel differently if you were a player or a fan in negative temps Fahrenheit, with wind chills reaching into to 20s or 30s below zero. Or colder. Boone is a tropical climate compared to Fargo.

AmsterBison
December 2nd, 2013, 03:36 AM
Had a few thoughts after the call that I thought were pertinent to the game. Figure this is as good as anywhere to share them.

I mentioned that Furman strikes me as a team similar to NDSU circa 2010 - solid running game, good defense, sporadic passing game as evidenced by 7 TDs to 4 INTs for the starting QB (who I understand was out for a few games to start the season). The differences lie in how their regular seasons ended: NDSU that season entered the playoffs off a 0-3 loss to a horrendous Missouri State team; Furman won their final 5 FCS games this year (interrupted by a blowout to LSU, which is understandable). You remarked something along the lines of "Furman controls the game, and that's what they'll do." The reality of that statement is that NDSU excels at taking other teams out of their comfort zones and imposing their will through physical play along the trenches and with the bruising running game that Ojuri-Crockett impose. Add to that a defense that boasts one of the top 3rd down conversion defenses in the country and NDSU forces teams' defenses to stay on the field at a rate that surpasses almost every team in the country. Your defense gets tired. Your offense gets frustrated. Your players make mistakes, and the Bison exploit that and turn those mistakes into points.

I was thinking along those lines too. Furman reminds me of NDSU in 2010 - tons of freshmen, good defense, and a smart coach. Speaking of which, Coach Fowler sure didn't put much on tape for NDSU against SCSU even though the game was close.

If the Furman from the first half of their game with LSU game shows up in Fargo, it's going to be yet another NDSU v SoCon dogfight.

And, btw, playing football indoors might be a crime against nature, but if I was going to make a sign for Saturday's game, it would be "At least you aren't outside." The ten-day forecast shows it going below zero Wednesday morning and not getting above zero until late Sunday afternoon. And what they were calling "windy" at the UNH v Maine game? That's what they call "breezy" in Fargo. That said, I'd love to see this game outside.

PaladinFan
December 2nd, 2013, 05:02 AM
I was thinking along those lines too. Furman reminds me of NDSU in 2010 - tons of freshmen, good defense, and a smart coach. Speaking of which, Coach Fowler sure didn't put much on tape for NDSU against SCSU even though the game was close.

If the Furman from the first half of their game with LSU game shows up in Fargo, it's going to be yet another NDSU v SoCon dogfight.

And, btw, playing football indoors might be a crime against nature, but if I was going to make a sign for Saturday's game, it would be "At least you aren't outside." The ten-day forecast shows it going below zero Wednesday morning and not getting above zero until late Sunday afternoon. And what they were calling "windy" at the UNH v Maine game? That's what they call "breezy" in Fargo. That said, I'd love to see this game outside.

Interestingly, Furman reminds most Furman fans of what Furman used to look like as well (before NDSU even arrived at the FCS level).

The game against SCSU was not sexy. The Bulldogs led the nation in sacks and Furman looked bound and determined to run the ball as often as possible. That was the game plan. Passing game didn't have a lot of yards, but there were a few dropped passes, a couple defensive penalties, and a couple long plays, so that aspect of the offense was at least effective.

I think the most notable difference in this year's Furman team is that they simply do not get rattled out there. Not every game has been easy, nor has Furman often had the lead at half time. They make adjustments, they are not afraid to punt teams deep, and they stay conservative. What has been the real secret to success is the big plays, particularly defensive turnovers. The game against SCSU was just one example of many where Furman would score, and then turn a takeaway into a touchdown. It's a mighty blow to an opponent when you can turn in a 14 point swing in the matter of two series.

The team that showed up at LSU is the same team that showed up the second half of the season. LSU is not your average FBS football team. They aren't Kansas State. They are huge (their LG is 340 lbs) with perhaps the nation's best quarterback (Mettenberger) and a stable of running backs that are as big as most team's Tightends and fast as their receivers. Furman was in the game, but there's only so much an FCS team can do in the second half against a team with sub 4.4 receivers and one scholarship running back after another weighing in a 235-250 barreling down. You just hang on.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2013, 07:38 AM

But playing hockey indoors isn't?

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2013, 07:45 AM
Those of you who think this game is going to be a walk in the park will be in for a rude awakening Saturday when the Paladins roll up to your little dome and smack your team in the mouth play after play and you find yourself in a dogfight to win the game. The way Furman has been playing over the past 7 games since we beat App State I fully expect Furman to win this game in the 4th quarter and roll into the quarterfinals!!
Go Paladins!!!
FU All The Time!!!

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
For those interested, here is a link to the Furman football message board:
http://www.uffp2.com/SMF20/index.php?board=2.0

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
Those of you who think this game is going to be a walk in the park will be in for a rude awakening Saturday when the Paladins roll up to your little dome and smack your team in the mouth play after play and you find yourself in a dogfight to win the game. The way Furman has been playing over the past 7 games since we beat App State I fully expect Furman to win this game in the 4th quarter and roll into the quarterfinals!!
Go Paladins!!!
FU All The Time!!!

That's cute. This NDSU team is one of the best of all time. You beat up the SoCon in one of its worst years ever. There is no way you guys will win this game. It won't be a walk in the park but they are going to stomp a mudhole in your team and walk it dry.

PaladinFan
December 2nd, 2013, 08:08 AM
That's cute. This NDSU team is one of the best of all time. You beat up the SoCon in one of its worst years ever. There is no way you guys will win this game. It won't be a walk in the park but they are going to stomp a mudhole in your team and walk it dry.

Please. As another poster said, NDSU is just the newest version of what's been happening in the FCS for 30 years. They are no more impressive than Youngstown, Montana, App, Furman, Georgia Southern, and Marshall have been over their storied histories. Each of those teams, for a time, was the biggest dog in the yard.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Does NDSU even have a chance against SOUTHERN SPEED?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Does NDSU even have a chance against SOUTHERN SPEED?

Now it's Southern Tradition.

BISON Thunder
December 2nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
A lot of those same points were made about tiny Wofford College last season and they gave you everything you wanted and almost stole one from you at your place. Furman is a lot like that team. without The Bear Jew, of course. The Christian Knights will attempt to dictate tempo and especially field position. Fowler, like Bohl. knows that sometimes a punt isn't the worst thing in the world. NDSU has gotten to this point by not making mistakes and playing forcing their will upon their opponents. This Furman team is a resilient bunch and young enough to not realize they are playing with house money at this point. Dakota Dozier alone is worth the price of admission. I have been very complementary of the Bison and respect what y'all have accomplished but a couple of plays here and there don't go your way the last couple of years and you might have 0 titles.

I thought they were the Knighted Warriors?

SpeedkingATL
December 2nd, 2013, 08:37 AM
Go Paladins!!!
FU All The Time!!!

Chattown is that you??? Just had to get in the discussion?? Chattown??

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM

Agreed

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 08:43 AM
You mean having the engineering ability play football indoors is beyond the scope of your understanding. I get that.

PaladinFan
December 2nd, 2013, 08:52 AM

No. It's just ludicrous to act like NDSU is the first dominant program in the FCS. They aren't the first, they probably aren't the tenth. They won't be the last either.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
No. It's just ludicrous to act like NDSU is the first dominant program in the FCS. They aren't the first, they probably aren't the tenth. They won't be the last either.

Nobody said they were. That doesn't mean they won't win this game handily. They are bigger, stronger, and better than everybody else. That's why they will win, not because they have been around longer.

Does the fact that NDSU has won 11 National Championships mean they are the best? No.

DoWe
December 2nd, 2013, 08:59 AM
Please. As another poster said, NDSU is just the newest version of what's been happening in the FCS for 30 years. They are no more impressive than Youngstown, Montana, App, Furman, Georgia Southern, and Marshall have been over their storied histories. Each of those teams, for a time, was the biggest dog in the yard.

Except those schools plus EKU have won 2 or more national championships. Furman's closest comparison is UMass. 3 appearances, 1 title.

Vitojr130
December 2nd, 2013, 09:09 AM

No one is acting like NDSU is the first dominant program in the FCS. It's obvious we recognize other traditional powers. Our goal this year is to threepeat, a bar that App set (and a high one at that). In the meantime, we want to be the second program in the history of the FCS to get to the NC undefeated (a feat that Marshall did back in the 90's).

This NDSU squad has full potential to be a top 3 all-time FCS team. That's our bar. That's what we expect. We expect Furman to put up a fight, as this is the playoffs, but we do not expect to worry at all.

Again, because this deserves it:

buttLSU!

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
I apologize for bringing football discussion topical to this year into this argument but the Furman offense just doesn't have the chops to hang in this game. They're 95th in the country in passing yards and 66th in passing efficiency. Teams that rely that heavily on the run are not going to have success against the NDSU defense. The only team with that poor of a passing game to have offensive success against the Bison over the last few years was last year's GSU team and they had the top rushing attack in the nation. Furman's rushing offense is average at best and NDSU's strength on defense is against the run. Furman's defense may be good but the NDSU offense is playing at a level I haven't seen them play at for a long time. Zach Vraa's emergence as a downfield receiving threat has made it virtually impossible for defenses to stack the box and consistently stop the Bison offense. IMO, the only thing that can keep Furman in this game is turnovers. From the sounds of it they have an opportunistic defense and for all the good things this year's NDSU team has done turnover margin has not been a strong suit (I think they're minus on the year). So does Furman have a chance? Yes. Are they likely to win? No. Will it be a close game? I don't think so. My prediction is NDSU 31, Furman, 10.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM

I dont know how you came to that conclusion. I cant speak for anyone else but I dont think I have seen anywhere that NDSU is the first dominate team in the FCS. I think you may be reading to much into some peoples posts.

jmufan999
December 2nd, 2013, 09:14 AM
if Furman loses by 24 or fewer, they should call that one of their best games of the year.

they're going to get absolutely embarrassed in this game.

laxVik
December 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Has anyone ever been to North Dakota. I have such pity for those that live there. This is all they got.

BisonBacker
December 2nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Has anyone ever been to North Dakota. I have such pity for those that live there. This is all they got.

This is priceless coming from someone living in New Mexico.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 09:20 AM

congratulations, you're the first person ever to try that smack.

It doesn't work. Trust me. They don't want you there.

LeeshaJo
December 2nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
only way I see NDSU loosing this game is if they look past Furman licking their chops at a possible Grizz match up in the next round. Not saying Furman isn't a good team, they are. SELA is the team I see capable of knocking them off at home... beyond that, not so much.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
All smack aside, Furman did beat GSU this year, the same GSU that beat Florida. Just beating GSU should open Bison fans eyes.

laxVik
December 2nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
congratulations, you're the first person ever to try that smack.

It doesn't work. Trust me. They don't want you there.Smack? Yeah self indulgent NDSU fans know nothing about smack here.

DoWe
December 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
All smack aside, Furman did beat GSU this year, the same GSU that beat Florida. Just beating GSU should open Bison fans eyes.

So did Wofford, Samford and App State. Beating GSU this year is no measuring stick.

thebootfitter
December 2nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Go Paladins!!!
FU All The Time!!!
It's admirable that you have such confidence in your team. I'm looking forward to witnessing the matchup on Saturday to see if your team can match your confidence on the field.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
So did Wofford, Samford and App State. Beating GSU this year is no measuring stick.

The whole SoCon is pretty down this year. Not to say there is nothing to worry about but this isn't your older brother's Southern Conference.

SCPALADIN
December 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Yeah...that same GSU team also lost to SAMFORD!! I wouldn't draw any conculsions from the GSU-Florida game. Taking nothing away from GSU...but that Florida team had enough of the 2013 season before that game even started.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah...that same GSU team also lost to SAMFORD!! I wouldn't draw any conculsions from the GSU-Florida game. Taking nothing away from GSU...but that Florida team had enough of the 2013 season before that game even started.

You're probably safe with this comment now. A week ago and you have gotten hung!

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
NDSU deserves a lot of respect. And the fans are certainly supportive and confident. Has anyone ever seen a fan base so confident in their team? I have been trying to think back to all the years that I have followed college and pro sports and I can't come up with one. There is always fear, doubt, a team that scares them. Not the case in Fargo...at least not here on AGS. I am not dispariging the Bison faithful at all...they deserve to be supremely confident. I just don't know if I've seen it before (perhaps the Jordan era Bulls, the 18-0 Patriots, Alabama (oops)) NDSU could lose...I don't think they will...but they could.

PaladinFan
December 2nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Recap of week one playoff win.

http://youtu.be/fJ2hTkD-zWo

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
NDSU deserves a lot of respect. And the fans are certainly supportive and confident. Has anyone ever seen a fan base so confident in their team? I have been trying to think back to all the years that I have followed college and pro sports and I can't come up with one. There is always fear, doubt, a team that scares them. Not the case in Fargo...at least not here on AGS. I am not dispariging the Bison faithful at all...they deserve to be supremely confident. I just don't know if I've seen it before (perhaps the Jordan era Bulls, the 18-0 Patriots, Alabama (oops)) NDSU could lose...I don't think they will...but they could.

Bulls in the mid 90's, Yankee fans in the late 90's. Perhaps 80's Miami(FL)? Otherwise, no....especially in college sports...

It's pretty impressive but all good things come to an end eventually....

walliver
December 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Essentially, both teams go into this weeks game 0-0 on the season.

Florida looked past GSU to FSU. LSU didn't take FU seriously until the second half. No matter how hard coaches try to motivate, and how well players intellectually know they need to play well, it is hard to get motivated for a "lesser" opponent.

This weekend, both teams will be motivated. FU will be motivated and well-coached. They will not be intimidated by the atmosphere. Yes, it will be loud, and we don't know how well the furples will deal with this from a play-calling standpoint. I think FU hangs around for a while, but in the end experience makes the difference. It is hard for freshmen and sophomores to hold their own against seniors for 60 minutes, and NDSU pulls away for a 31-14 win.

walliver
December 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM

Alabama fans until last Saturday
Georgia Southern fans until they hired van Gorder
ASU fans during the three-peat

At AGS, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Bulls in the mid 90's, Yankee fans in the late 90's. Perhaps 80's Miami(FL)? Otherwise, no....especially in college sports...

It's pretty impressive but all good things come to an end eventually....

God damnit. All this success shaming must tire you out.

Go find a team worth a **** and try to enjoy life a little bit.

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM

Got it Walliver... I actually wondered this since I am relatively new to AGS. Was the board dominated by GS or ASU during their runs? Or is the NDSU phenomenon different? Based on your answer, it will very well be some other fan contingent rocking this board in the years to come.

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM

Relax man... Its a legit (and frankly flattering) discussion. No slamming going on here.

As for winners...we got 'em in New England...in the last decade we have 3 Super Bowls, 3 World series, an NBA title, and an NHL title. Not a bad run...

Hoping for a Patriots return to the Super Bowl this year.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM

Bwahahahahahahahaha

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Come on. You saw Breaking Bad. It's a meth head's paradise!

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Got it Walliver... I actually wondered this since I am relatively new to AGS. Was the board dominated by GS or ASU during their runs? Or is the NDSU phenomenon different? Based on your answer, it will very well be some other fan contingent rocking this board in the years to come.

Even after ASU started to tank early in the playoffs, there were loads of them.

Relax man... Its a legit (and frankly flattering) discussion. No slamming going on here.

As for winners...we got 'em in New England...in the last decade we have 3 Super Bowls, 3 World series, an NBA title, and an NHL title. Not a bad run...

Hoping for a Patriots return to the Super Bowl this year.

TU OWL and you have different objectives, Nodak is responding to OWL.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM

The App fans weren't this confident. The 2007 team beat Michigan but suffered two conference losses and nearly lost their first two playoff games. A 3-peat was far from a sure thing. Their offense was awesome but their defense was truly BAD! 2006, second title, was their best team.

To NDSU's credit there has not been this dominant of a team since GSU '99 or '00 with AP imo. A lot of dominant runs were based around one player. The fact that NDSU is not riding anyone's curtails makes it all the more impressive imo.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM

Different objectives? huh?

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about?

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM

Got it. I'm a Bison fan (my girlfriend went there)...so it could be trouble in paradise if Maine plays at NDSU!!

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Come on. You saw Breaking Bad. It's a meth head's paradise!

So is rural ND. lol. I spent 4 days in ABQ earlier this summer, that is why I am laughing.

Green Chile pizza anyone?

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
It's funny how people assume what fans are saying on a message board is what is going on in the heads of our football team. xrotatehx

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
It's funny how people assume what fans are saying on a message board is what is going on in the heads of our football team. xrotatehx

People in generally are pretty irrational.

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 10:25 AM

No one said anything about the football team....the last few posts have been specifically about the confidence of the fanbase. And you guys are confident....as you should be.

I wonder what the crapstorm would bring if I actually said something negative.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 10:26 AM

Exactly. You will not find a more focused team than Bohl's Bison. They just show up and do this like it's a job and they are the best at it.

We get to enjoy it while it's happening, they just want to get it done.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
No one said anything about the football team....the last few posts have been specifically about the confidence of the fanbase. And you guys are confident....as you should be.

I wonder what the crapstorm would bring if I actually said something negative.

Not talking about you, Maine. Talking about the Furman fans that say we should keep looking over them.

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Not talking about you, Maine. Talking about the Furman fans that say we should keep looking over them.

In that case, I agree. The difference between post chatter and reality is probably significant. Both teams will be ready to play Saturday but I just don't see Furman's A-game beating even NDSU's B-game.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
In that case, I agree. The difference between post chatter and reality is probably significant. Both teams will be ready to play Saturday but I just don't see Furman's A-game beating even NDSU's B-game.

Teams have been losing to NDSU's C-game all season. Look at our turnover margins in some of these games, and we are still winning handily.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 10:33 AM

They are relying far too much on the name of their conference and the previous games for GSU and Wofford. That's not how this is going to go.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
KSU: We played a pretty great game, won turnover margin 2-1. 24-21 W.
Ferris: NDSU wins turnover margin 3-1, Sub DI team 56-10 W.
DSU: NDSU wins turnover margin 1-0, 51-0 W.
SDSU: NDSU wins turnover margin 1-0, 20-0 W.
UNI: NDSU loses turnover margin 1-2, 24-23 W.
MOSU: NDSU loses turnover margin 1-2, 41-26 W.
SIU: NDSU wins turnover margin 1-0, 31-10 W.
ISU-b: NDSU wins turnover margin 2-1, 56-10 W.
ISU-r: NDSU wins turnover margin 2-1, 28-10 W.
YSU: NDSU wins turnover margin 3-2, 35-17 W.
USD: NDSU ties turnover margin 2-2, 42-0 W.

I guess we have done pretty well with turnovers, sure didn't seem like while the games were being played lol.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 10:41 AM

I guess we have done pretty well with turnovers, sure didn't seem like while the games were being played lol.

The offense is way more dialed in this year. Brock and Vraa give them the the deep threat we haven't seen since Warren Holloway. Before they needed to win the 14-7 games, this year they get 28 or 31 points even against teams that were supposed to have really good defenses

PaladinFan
December 2nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
The App fans weren't this confident. The 2007 team beat Michigan but suffered two conference losses and nearly lost their first two playoff games. A 3-peat was far from a sure thing. Their offense was awesome but their defense was truly BAD! 2006, second title, was their best team.

To NDSU's credit there has not been this dominant of a team since GSU '99 or '00 with AP imo. A lot of dominant runs were based around one player. The fact that NDSU is not riding anyone's curtails makes it all the more impressive imo.

App's defense was never "bad" in my opinion (except 2005 - they were legitimately tough on defense in 2005). They were essentially the 2009 New Orleans Saints. No team could match them score for score, and all their defense effectively had to do was give their offense one or two more possessions per game.

ASU's defense focused more on big plays, turnovers, and would take more liberties on defense than teams with less potent offenses would tend to do. If you scored, fine, their offense would respond. However, if you turned it over you'd then give up a 14 point swing and the game would effectively be decided.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
App's defense was never "bad" in my opinion (except 2005 - they were legitimately tough on defense in 2005). They were essentially the 2009 New Orleans Saints. No team could match them score for score, and all their defense effectively had to do was give their offense one or two more possessions per game.

ASU's defense focused more on big plays, turnovers, and would take more liberties on defense than teams with less potent offenses would tend to do. If you scored, fine, their offense would respond. However, if you turned it over you'd then give up a 14 point swing and the game would effectively be decided.

They had a 641 Points For, 400 Points Against.
Against FCS competition they gave up 21,42, 32, 7, 38, 27, 24, 35, 17; Playoffs 27, 35, 35, 21...
They were FAR more dominant in 2006. That defense was pretty nasty....

Their offense was just ridiculously good in 2007. EWU is similar imo. EIU's defense is probably a little better than the Eagle's.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM

NDSU is scoring 37.09ppg while giving up 11.5. This despite having a Big 12 bowl team and playing a conference schedule that included 5 ranked teams.

THAT is why we're pretty damn confident.

thirdgendin
December 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
No one is acting like NDSU is the first dominant program in the FCS. It's obvious we recognize other traditional powers. Our goal this year is to threepeat, a bar that App set (and a high one at that). In the meantime, we want to be the second program in the history of the FCS to get to the NC undefeated (a feat that Marshall did back in the 90's).

This NDSU squad has full potential to be a top 3 all-time FCS team. That's our bar. That's what we expect. We expect Furman to put up a fight, as this is the playoffs, but we do not expect to worry at all.

buttLSU!

1996 Marshall and 1989 Georgia Southern finished undefeated. I didn't look to see if any runners-up entered the game undefeated. YSU was also 14-0-1 in 1994, I believe, so that would also qualify for your criteria.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM

Not sure which ones specifically are the problem but I think those numbers are wrong. You have the turnover +/- at +7 but the numbers on GoBison (http://www.gobison.com/custompages/fb/2013/teamcume.htm) say it's -1 (4 fumble recoveries and 11 interceptions vs 10 fumbles lost and 6 interceptions thrown).

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
1996 Marshall and 1989 Georgia Southern finished undefeated. I didn't look to see if any runners-up entered the game undefeated. YSU was also 14-0-1 in 1994, I believe, so that would also qualify for your criteria.

Colgate was undefeated entering in 2003.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Not sure which ones specifically are the problem but I think those numbers are wrong. You have the turnover +/- at +7 but the numbers on GoBison (http://www.gobison.com/custompages/fb/2013/teamcume.htm) say it's -1 (4 fumble recoveries and 11 interceptions vs 10 fumbles lost and 6 interceptions thrown).

Maybe not counting special teams? Haven't looked hard at it but there have been a lot of ST fumbles this year.

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Teams have been losing to NDSU's C-game all season. Look at our turnover margins in some of these games, and we are still winning handily.

well....except for the UNI game...I was there...

bisonboone11
December 2nd, 2013, 11:59 AM

SDSU - NDSU lost the turnover margin 0-1.
MOSU - NDSU won the turnover margin 2-1.
SIU - NDSU lost the turnover margin 0-1.
ISU-b - NDSU lost the turnover margin 1-2.
ISU-r - NDSU lost the turnover magin 1-2.
YSU - NDSU lost the turnover margin 2-3.

This is what ESPN.com shows. The rest of your numbers look correct.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 12:00 PM

Those are from espn box scores. Haha, yeah I ****ed that up.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
SDSU - NDSU lost the turnover margin 0-1.
MOSU - NDSU won the turnover margin 2-1.
SIU - NDSU lost the turnover margin 0-1.
ISU-b - NDSU lost the turnover margin 1-2.
ISU-r - NDSU lost the turnover magin 1-2.
YSU - NDSU lost the turnover margin 2-3.

This is what ESPN.com shows. The rest of your numbers look correct.

Good catch, yeah some of my numbers are backwards. Which more accurately reflects my memories about game time. I blame it on tri-tasking, lol.

pike51
December 2nd, 2013, 12:01 PM

GSU went to the title game undefeated in 1998 and lost to UMass. So we've done it twice. :) Sorry NDSU.

Eagle22
December 2nd, 2013, 12:04 PM

buttLSU!

Sorry, can't let that statement stand unchallenged .... you must settle for third ... :)

1989 GSU Eagles 15-0
1996 Marshall Herd 15-0

And there are actually at least two other teams that made it to the NC undefeated

1998 GSU Eagles 14-0
1996 Montana Griz 14-0

Both lost in the finals.

OL FU
December 2nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Thanks to Ursus for getting my log in issues corrected. Now I can say........................Bison Blowxnodx

At least this week:)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Sorry, can't let that statement stand unchallenged .... you must settle for third ... :)

1989 GSU Eagles 15-0
1996 Marshall Herd 15-0

And there are actually at least two other teams that made it to the NC undefeated

1998 GSU Eagles 14-0
1996 Montana Griz 14-0

Both lost in the finals.

3rd is fine with me.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2013, 12:08 PM

GSU went to the title game undefeated in 1998 and lost to UMass. So we've done it twice. :) Sorry NDSU.
Sam Houston St was undefeated heading into the title game against NDSU in 2011. Pretty sure he mixed his wording up and meant to say win the national title and go undefeated but it goes to show that there's a lot of work left to do just seeing all the teams who got through the regular season unscathed only to lose in the playoffs.

OL FU
December 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
BTW, attended the Wofford Game with Southern Bison. One heck of a good guy. Looking forward to seeing him in the future.

Hammerhead
December 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
I wonder what would be a bigger home field advantage -- a noisy indoor stadium or playing outdoors when the forecast has a high temperature of -7° on gameday.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 12:49 PM
I wonder what would be a bigger home field advantage -- a noisy indoor stadium or playing outdoors when the forecast has a high temperature of -7° on gameday.

easily the latter. So glad it only got down to 14 this weekend when I was at my mom's.

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Congrats to Furman for winning their first round game and welcome to Fargo on Saturday!

I respect what Furman has done and they have a good team. They remind me a lot of our 2010 team that lost in the quarterfinals. Good running game, below average passing attack and a good stout defense. Solid special teams play, good coaching and fundamentally sound. A very talented but young and inexperienced team that should make some noise in years to come.

This years NDSU team is on a mission. They do not want to lose. They are very focused and driven. They are led by 24 seniors who have been thru it all at this level. Now obviously anything can happen including a loss in the playoffs. The only way I see them losing is either turnovers or injuries but this team has overcome a lot of those already and they still haven't lossed yet. No disrespect but I don't see it happening this weekend either.

I see this game being close for a quarter maybe the first half and then the Bison pull away. 41-13 GO BISON!!!

Green1
December 2nd, 2013, 01:06 PM

It is setting up for and EPIC tailgate!! Woo-hooo!

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
It is setting up for and EPIC tailgate!! Woo-hooo!

Where we're going...we don't need coolers....(turrible Dr. Brown pun)

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2013, 01:38 PM

Gonna need cup warmers Saturday! xlolx

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks to Ursus for getting my log in issues corrected. Now I can say........................Bison Blowxnodx

At least this week:)

Was wondering where you were hiding..........................now we can get this party started.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2013, 02:10 PM
Oh, we'll need coolers.... to keep our beers insulated from the cold so they don't freeze and bust.

Green1
December 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Gonna need cup warmers Saturday! xlolx

I think it would be great if Bison fans would come up with helpful tailgating tips for fans from more temperate climates. My tips might include:

1. Google "engine block heater"

2. Coolers this time of year are used to stop beer from freezing.

3. If you notice you can not breathe well through your nose, do not panic! It is simply your nose hairs freezing together.

4. Chicks dig frosty eyebrows and eye lashes!

5. "Red-eye" is a drink that is your friend (until it isn't).

Feel free to add to my list....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 02:29 PM
I think it would be great if Bison fans would come up with helpful tailgating tips for fans from more temperate climates. My tips might include:

3. If you notice you can not breathe well through your nose, do not panic! It is simply your nose hairs freezing together.

Don't worry if your toes are feeling cold, they'll go numb in a little bit.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM

Or just head into that cozy, climate-controlled dome an hour early. xthumbsupx

Green1
December 2nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Or just head into that cozy, climate-controlled dome an hour early. xthumbsupx

Obviously, you have never tailgated with us outside the dome. :)

Besides, you would just feel the "pins-and-needles" in you fingers and toes that much sooner.

citdog
December 2nd, 2013, 02:44 PM

Against THAT you have NO CHANCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3me6ifiaNY

we WHIPPED this bunch too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7wEUlpaYjY

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM

6. Make sure your tailgate rig doesn't have a propane leak when cooking chili ;)

That could have been much worse. The chili could have been lossed! :D

Hammerhead
December 2nd, 2013, 02:58 PM
I've had my eyelashes freeze together walking to campus on a cold winter day. One of my friends lived in Virginia and drove his car home for Christmas one year and people asked him if he had an electric car when they saw the electrical cord hanging out of his grill. :)

My addition to the list. Dress in layers to keep warm.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7o-jXa_eRsM/UUJff8qzgOI/AAAAAAAACV8/5CDN8TcnvLU/s400/Joey+wearing+all+of+Chandlers+clothes+on+friends.j pg

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2013, 03:02 PM
If at first you don't succeed, drink more.

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Two words: Frisco Cruiser Bus :D

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Haha, the garage I took my car to in Sacramento couldn't wrap their heads around the electrical cord hanging out one of my headlights.

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2013, 03:03 PM
If at first you don't succeed, drink more.

Still stopping by IBY? :D

citdog
December 2nd, 2013, 03:11 PM
If at first you don't secede, try again.

fitting for this bunch!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/South_Carolina_Jan_1861.svg
FURMAN! FOR THE GLORY OF SOUTH CAROLINA! ATTACK!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 03:13 PM
fitting for this bunch!

FURMAN! FOR THE GLORY OF SOUTH CAROLINA! ATTACK!

You should head to Fargo for that one citdog. You and the rest of the Southron can freeze your shmeckles off.

I just realized that is my 8,008th post. Now it spells BOOB. I'm going to have to delete a post for every one I make from now on.

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 03:26 PM
Two words: Frisco Cruiser Bus :D

Better not forget the third word....or there is no Frisco.

aces1180
December 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM

LOL...It's an inside joke.

AmsterBison
December 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM

Heh, it's a bisonville thing. Here's the definition: Two words (http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary/def000056.html)

http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary/

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 03:29 PM
LOL...It's an inside joke.

those are the best kind! Should have known. So when does the tailgating start? Early morning, or even the night before? Do they allow sleeper tailgating buses on site?

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Heh, it's a bisonville thing. Here's the definition: Two words (http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary/def000056.html)

http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary/

OK... my respect for NDSU just went up seven-fold.... that is awesome... thanks for sharing.