PDA

View Full Version : So who got tickets?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 03:41 PM
2nd onsale for National Championship tickets yesterday. Lots of Bisonvillers snapped up a bunch, anyone else?

I live close enough where I may go no matter what but glad I have 2 in hand.

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM
FYI, Understand the Furman fans are making a run on tickets too. Watch out.

fencer24
November 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM
What are you going to ask for them on Craigslist?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I figured that would get you sensitive Griz fans all worked up.

dewey
November 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I bought 14 this past summer and my father in law bought 6 more yesterday. My reasoning was the first year I paid ~$150 per ticket. I vowed to never let that happen again even if I took a greater risk at buying tickets earlier in the season. My thoughts for us having 20 tickets is that if NDSU makes it to Frisco again, GREAT we are set. If they do not make it I plan to sell them at what they cost me, face value and fees, and be done with them.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 04:28 PM
We bough ours this summer too. Whether the Bison make it our not, we won't be selling ours. We have 20 or so cuz some of my group bought 3 year tickets, and some us just bought for this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I have usually just relied on other people to get tickets. I grew in up in Fargo and have tons of friends and family that I could get tix from but decided to help myself this year.

thebootfitter
November 25th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Does anyone have an extra ticket you are willing to sell at face value (or for a reasonable premium)?

When tickets first when on sale, I didn't think I'd be able to make it. Now it looks like I can, but the cheapest tix I've been able to find online are around $120/seat.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Does anyone have an extra ticket you are willing to sell at face value (or for a reasonable premium)?

When tickets first when on sale, I didn't think I'd be able to make it. Now it looks like I can, but the cheapest tix I've been able to find online are around $120/seat.

Be patient. I've never seen someone who couldn't get tickets. People take advantage of those with a lot of money and a corresponding lack of sense. You will be able to find things VERY near face value if not below. Don't bite on the first rush.

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Be patient. I've never seen someone who couldn't get tickets. People take advantage of those with a lot of money and a corresponding lack of sense. You will be able to find things VERY near face value if not below. Don't bite on the first rush.

Agree. My FAM got tix late last year for the NC at a reasonable price. Don't get nervous, just wait it out.

Thundar
November 25th, 2013, 06:17 PM
if we don't make it this There is going to be a lot of upset people,most of which are not even football fans.

Scalpers and local Frisco business people

maine612
November 25th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Do the participating school ticket offices get some tickets to sell the week before the game like most regular season away games?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Do the participating school ticket offices get some tickets to sell the week before the game like most regular season away games?

4k a piece. They give away what they need then sell the rest.

You need to be quite the baller to get those tickets from NDSU.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Yes, ~4000 each but that's including everything like the band (although they've put the bands in the open end zone the last couple years due to how many fans NDSU and SHSU drew), the players' tickets, and the university staff tickets so most schools probably only make about 3200-3500 available to the fans. I'd assume that the die hards at most FCS schools would have an easy enough time getting a ticket from their school's allotment but not for fans from schools like NDSU, Montana, or the SLC teams (due to their proximity to Frisco).

Skyhawk71
November 25th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I got two, and I will be emotionally destroyed if I don't get to meet some of you Bizuns in Frisco.....................:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I have gotten my tickets thru Teamakers the last 2 years and I'm hoping to this year. I should have bought my tickets in the summer....xbadx

Hoping I have enough points again this year to get them.....if the Bison make it...xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I have gotten my tickets thru Teamakers the last 2 years and I'm hoping to this year. I should have bought my tickets in the summer....xbadx

Hoping I have enough points again this year to get them.....if the Bison make it...xthumbsupx

I forgot until I saw the post on Bisonville yesterday. I snapped 2 up as quickly as I could.

Nickels
November 25th, 2013, 08:33 PM
I got two, and I will be emotionally destroyed if I don't get to meet some of you Bizuns in Frisco.....................:D
HUGE LETDOWN

swaghook
November 25th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Bought 4 back in August. Was not able to get season tickets this year but managed to get 4 for round 2 hopefully will be able to attend all the play off games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2013, 08:51 PM
HUGE LETDOWN

Nah, not a letdown.

Do you still have your 2X runner-up T-shirts?

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2013, 08:52 PM
9 Bison season tickets and 14 tickets (single year tix) for Frisco for my group. If the Bison don't make it, I will dump them at/below face value....bought them more as insurance than anything.

maine612
November 25th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Yes, ~4000 each but that's including everything like the band (although they've put the bands in the open end zone the last couple years due to how many fans NDSU and SHSU drew), the players' tickets, and the university staff tickets so most schools probably only make about 3200-3500 (tel:3200-3500) available to the fans. I'd assume that the die hards at most FCS schools would have an easy enough time getting a ticket from their school's allotment but not for fans from schools like NDSU, Montana, or the SLC teams (due to their proximity to Frisco).

Cool. If Maine makes it through somehow, I have the ticket office on speed dial.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Cool. If Maine makes it through somehow, I have the ticket office on speed dial.

If 2010 is any indication, you might be in luck. Don't see Maine as a heavy traveling team.

maine612
November 25th, 2013, 09:46 PM
If 2010 is any indication, you might be in luck. Don't see Maine as a heavy traveling team.

Ive been to most of the playoff games over the past decade, and you are correct, not a lot of Maine fans in attendance. Mostly parents, friends, and a few big donors. We had a good crowd at the UNI dome in 2001....boy that's a long time ago.

deez_na
November 26th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Speaking of tickets, anybody possibly have a couple extra Bison tickets for the 14th weekend assuming we win our first game.

tnbison
November 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I snagged a couple in August

Twentysix
November 26th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Speaking of tickets, anybody possibly have a couple extra Bison tickets for the 14th weekend assuming we win our first game.

That's not how this works. Those will go on sale Dec 8th. You will have the same opportunity as others to pickup tickets!

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2013, 10:27 AM

Nope, but hit the computer/phone hard on Sat morning (gobison.com). Season tickets that are not renewed go up for sale (a lot of corporate tickets usually).

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Nope, but hit the computer/phone hard on Sat morning (gobison.com). Season tickets that are not renewed go up for sale (a lot of corporate tickets usually).

Oops, didn't see the dates you were referring to....same thing applies regarding season tickets. Keep an eye on when they are released.

deez_na
November 26th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks. I'll try hard after next saturdays game, so i assume you guys mean sunday morning though right?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I'm trying to decide if I want to come back up to Fargo for the Qtrs or Semis. Before a lot of smack talk runs around, I firmly believe I have a choice.

I'm heading back home with my family this weekend and not sure if I want to turn around and come right back 2 weeks later. I'd much rather see Montana than SELA, however.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I'm trying to decide if I want to come back up to Fargo for the Qtrs or Semis. Before a lot of smack talk runs around, I firmly believe I have a choice.

I'm heading back home with my family this weekend and not sure if I want to turn around and come right back 2 weeks later. I'd much rather see Montana than SELA, however.

Pretty easy....do both!!

xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Pretty easy....do both!!

xthumbsupx

It's 9 hrs one way. I love Fargo, just not THAT much.

If when I do come up. I want some honey!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2013, 05:50 PM
It's 9 hrs one way. I love Fargo, just not THAT much.

You bet!!

Dang phone didn't work in the stadium in January. I'll PM my cell phone # and I'll get you some.

Good stuff!!!!

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks. I'll try hard after next saturdays game, so i assume you guys mean sunday morning though right?

Call the ticket office and find out exactly when they go on sale. Dont forget to ask them when they sell any extras that the opposing team returns from there allotment.

thebootfitter
November 26th, 2013, 07:44 PM

You bet!!
Something y'all want to disclose to the rest of us? xsmiley_wix

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Something y'all want to disclose to the rest of us? xsmiley_wix

I knew exactly what it was going to look like when I wrote it.

It's not as salacious but still pretty awesome. He is the only bee farmer with whom I have ever come into contact.

Twentysix
November 26th, 2013, 09:50 PM
I knew exactly what it was going to look like when I wrote it.

It's not as salacious but still pretty awesome. He is the only bee farmer with whom I have ever come into contact.

Honey is not consumed at high enough quantities in the US imo. MORE HONEY! I WANT MORE!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Honey is not consumed at high enough quantities in the US imo. MORE HONEY! I WANT MORE!

US consumes 450 million lbs/year. Domestic beekeepers produce around 140-150 million lbs....the rest is imported.

dewey
November 27th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I figured there was to the story about the honey. Hey Bison in NW MN can I buy some from you? We will be up for the second round and then hopefully the Bison keep winning and we will be up for those games as well.

Dewey

Twentysix
November 27th, 2013, 02:08 PM
US consumes 450 million lbs/year. Domestic beekeepers produce around 140-150 million lbs....the rest is imported.

MORE! MORE!

My neighbors were professional bee farmers in ND and Cali. Muy delicioso.