PDA

View Full Version : Question for MVFC fans.....

LeeshaJo
November 25th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Is Patty V. Doing her job?

I have my opinion but am curious what others are thinking.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I say no not because of any of the tournament stuff. It's the teams' job to get into the playoffs, not hers.

I'm pissed as to why there isn't a better TV deal somewhere. The god damn Patriot League has a deal.

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Yea seems like every league has all their games at least online to watch....i mean wtf?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Bisonator
November 25th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I say no not because of any of the tournament stuff. It's the teams' job to get into the playoffs, not hers.

I'm pissed as to why there isn't a better TV deal somewhere. The god damn Patriot League has a deal.

This ^^^^^.

And the officiating sucks and we need replay!

JSUBison
November 25th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Agree with the tv deal and being a bigger advocate for her teams. Remember when NDSU was 6-4 in 2009 and she basically said NDSU has no shot at the playoffs even if they win the next week? What's her deal, committee members don't live in a vacuum, and if NDSU was to have beat SDSU and finished 7-4, they would have been a bubble team. Maybe not the strongest bubble team, but still merit discussion I think. Why poison the well so to speak, let the committee decide, who knows how that selection would have gone. She has done a good job in strengthening the conference with the additions of new teams, and working with other leagues (Summit) to stabilize the conferences to prevent shuffling and poaching. That is a big plus.

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM
She is quoted as saying that a vendor described NDSU fans as happy drunks repeatedly. Really Patty? You were so happy with that description that you had to repeat it numerous times? WOW

Vitojr130
November 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM
And the officiating sucks and we need replay!

Yup, this is something I wouldn't mind them pushing for. Not that the game was ever in question, but those were some of the worst calls I have ever seen in our division last weekend. Having a touchdown come back due to refs error is ridiculous.

Oh, and I am also confused as to why the MVFC doesn't have a TV deal. Hell, I can watch OVC games for free online, yet can rarely see other MVFC teams...

BISON Thunder
November 25th, 2013, 11:09 AM
MVFC does okay in spite of PV being its commish.

LeeshaJo
November 25th, 2013, 11:12 AM
in terms of the exposure, ie: tv, free games on internet, how much does that affect the number of teams we are getting in the playoffs... I know I fight to find streams for the Jacks away games, and I am a vested fan. I can not imagine someone who just wants to check in a on a game spending as much time as I have. Does that lack of easy visibility then turn into only two teams in the playoffs... Is that on Patty V or the ADs in the league for not getting it together?

FargoBison
November 25th, 2013, 11:14 AM
We have the worst TV deal in the FCS and our commish is happy about it. The MVFC refs are also descending into MEAC quality.

She has done a decent job with expansion and things like that but the two things I mentioned have to get better.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 11:16 AM
in terms of the exposure, ie: tv, free games on internet, how much does that affect the number of teams we are getting in the playoffs... I know I fight to find streams for the Jacks away games, and I am a vested fan. I can not imagine someone who just wants to check in a on a game spending as much time as I have. Does that lack of easy visibility then turn into only two teams in the playoffs... Is that on Patty V or the ADs in the league for not getting it together?

The BSC has a deal with Root Sports. The CAA has a deal with NBC. The Patriot League has a deal with NBC as well. These deals are negotiated by the conference.

AmsterBison
November 25th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure Patti V. is even on the playoff selection committee, nor am I sure that NDSU would even want to be part of a conference TV deal.

Be nice if teams wouldn't stink up the non-conference part of their schedule like Missouri State did this year. Or if you are going to suck in non-conference, at least try to suck worse in conference play. Hats off to UNI taking care of business in the non-conference.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure Patti V. is even on the playoff selection committee, nor am I sure that NDSU would even want to be part of a conference TV deal.

Be nice if teams wouldn't stink up the non-conference part of their schedule like Missouri State did this year. Or if you are going to suck in non-conference, at least try to suck worse in conference play. Hats off to UNI taking care of business in the non-conference.

For those of us outside the FM area, the cobbled together BS we have to do is a royal pain in the ass. If NDSU wants to be a nationally recognized entity, they have to be on broadcast television or at least basic cable.