PDA

View Full Version : Teams That Didn't Get In Should Be Upset

apaladin2
November 24th, 2013, 12:02 PM
If I were you I would really be PO'd that SC State from an historically weak conference that has had no playoff success got in with one win vs. a winning team(NC A&T 7-4). On top of that they got a home game. With that said they could beat FU but that doesn't change the facts.

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 12:05 PM
This and the interconference second round games even more so, make the bracket a disappointment.

dungeonjoe
November 24th, 2013, 12:16 PM
If you are upset, there is only one solution...win your games and you don't have to wring your hands.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 24th, 2013, 12:23 PM
The MVFC is the SEC of the FCS...no way should they only have one at-large bid. :D

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
The MVFC is the SEC of the FCS...no way should they only have one at-large bid. :D
Are you mocking us? Throw us an invite when you get to full FBS.

Bisonwinagn
If you are upset, there is only one solution...win your games and you don't have to wring your hands.

Thank you!! If you don't like it win the auto bid.

UNHknowledge

You can NOT call the MVFC the SEC with a straight face. It's no secret that the CAA is hands down the best and most competitive conference in FCS football. Losing sojourners GSU and ODU don't change that either. Give Albany and Stony Brook 2-3 years and they'll be able to consistently beat any MVFC team outside of NDSU and probably UNI. NDSU is in a class of its own, don't bunch the rest of that conference in with them. In fact, I'm not so sure that NDSU would be on a 20 game win streak if they played CAA football, because it's essentially impossible to do such in CAA football; each week is just too damn competitive for that type of a streak to happen.

UNHknowledge
November 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM

Ha, forgive and ignore my rant. I just noticed (like a fool) your avatar and emoticon and realized the obvious sarcasm from your post.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Are you mocking us? Throw us an invite when you get to full FBS.

Actually, I do think you can make a case for some MVFC teams over South Carolina State.

Bisonwinagn
November 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
You can NOT call the MVFC the SEC with a straight face. It's no secret that the CAA is hands down the best and most competitive conference in FCS football. Losing sojourners GSU and ODU don't change that either. Give Albany and Stony Brook 2-3 years and they'll be able to consistently beat any MVFC team outside of NDSU and probably UNI. NDSU is in a class of its own, don't bunch the rest of that conference in with them. In fact, I'm not so sure that NDSU would be on a 20 game win streak if they played CAA football, because it's essentially impossible to do such in CAA football; each week is just too damn competitive for that type of a streak to happen.

Well now you're being funny. The CAA and MVFC would be very evenly matched this year if we played heads up with the MVFC slightly favored. The previous two years the MVFC was clearly better and not even close. Prior to that the CAA was dominate for many years. The CAA is getting better again, but don't confuse past success with the present.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2013, 01:08 PM
I can't say I'm upset that Lehigh didn't make it. I can say I'm disappointed how the bracket turned out. I wasn't expecting Lehigh to make it, but it's only after the bracket was released that I can say, "Gee, if 9-3 SCSU made it without actually beating a team in the playoffs, why not Lehigh based on resume?" ​I didn't expect Lehigh's resume to be good enough, but then again, I didn't see Youngstown State not making it, either.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 01:13 PM

NDSU would have walked thru the CAA this year.

Lehigh'98
November 24th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I can't say I'm upset that Lehigh didn't make it. I can say I'm disappointed how the bracket turned out. I wasn't expecting Lehigh to make it, but it's only after the bracket was released that I can say, "Gee, if 9-3 SCSU made it without actually beating a team in the playoffs, why not Lehigh based on resume?" ​I didn't expect Lehigh's resume to be good enough, but then again, I didn't see Youngstown State not making it, either.

I'm not sure what difference it would have made after watching the QB & defense play yesterday. I don't see them fixing that in time to salvage anything this year. Losing BB effectively ended any small chance we had of success this season.

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2013, 01:36 PM

I don't know about walked, they would have had to at least taken a brisk jog and taken 2.5 water breaks with a stop to change the song on their ipods 3 times.

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Unlikely.

Green26
November 24th, 2013, 02:40 PM

I agree that the MV got totally screwed.

jacksfan29
November 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Unlikely.

Really? Who stops them? From what I can tell no one is even talking about a CAA team being a threat to NDSU. Big Sky (EWU), OVC (EIU), Southland (SELA) seem to the top three being mentioned as being able to play with NDSU. You may be able to throw Montana in the mix if the Griz catch NDSU napping and the NDSU offense give the ball up. Who from the CAA gives NDSU a run for their money?

I go back to what I said weeks ago. The most difficult game NDSU would have likely played on their way to #3 would have been SDSU (or maybe UNI) in their bracket. Not because were at their level, but because both SDSU and UNI are considered NDSU rivals and anything can happen in a rivalry game when emotions run high.

MTfan4life
November 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM

This is the dumbest argument. Having one amazing team doesn't mark an amazing conference. NDSU would have rickrolled every ****ing team in every conference. However, in conference games, teams play to a different level, so there might have been some close ones in any conference. However, it's not any proof of anything saying that NDSU would steamroll a conference. They have a team at a level that I think they could go 125-0 against the FCS without blinking an eye. That says nothing about the rest of the conference though. The SEC is different because when Alabama "NDSU" doesn't win. Florida, Auburn, LSU are there to pick up the scraps and take down the title. When's the last time a Valley team took down the title that wasn't NDSU. It's been 11 years for the conference and almost 20 for the active members. If you want to call an FCS conference the SEC, you'd only accurately be able to say that by going with the CAA. They have more than 2 teams winning the title in the last 10 years.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 05:40 PM
This is the dumbest argument. Having one amazing team doesn't mark an amazing conference. NDSU would have rickrolled every ****ing team in every conference. However, in conference games, teams play to a different level, so there might have been some close ones in any conference. However, it's not any proof of anything saying that NDSU would steamroll a conference. They have a team at a level that I think they could go 125-0 against the FCS without blinking an eye. That says nothing about the rest of the conference though. The SEC is different because when Alabama "NDSU" doesn't win. Florida, Auburn, LSU are there to pick up the scraps and take down the title. When's the last time a Valley team took down the title that wasn't NDSU. It's been 11 years for the conference and almost 20 for the active members. If you want to call an FCS conference the SEC, you'd only accurately be able to say that by going with the CAA. They have more than 2 teams winning the title in the last 10 years.

Call it what you want.

I have watched Maine, New Hampshire, Villanova, SB, JMU, W&M, Towson and RI from the CAA this year. The only one that might give the Bison a run would be Towson. This is my opinion and that is what this board is for and if you don't like it then tough sh**!

MTfan4life
November 24th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Call it what you want.

I have watched Maine, New Hampshire, Villanova, SB, JMU, W&M, Towson and RI from the CAA this year. The only one that might give the Bison a run would be Towson. This is my opinion and that is what this board is for and if you don't like it then tough sh**!

I like how watching them allows you to know how good they are. Watching them play entirely different teams than you're used to watching in Fargo. Missouri State gave the Bison a run compared to the rest of the conference and they lost to Murray State and Northwestern State. Every game is different from one another.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I like how watching them allows you to know how good they are. Watching them play entirely different teams than you're used to watching in Fargo. Missouri State gave the Bison a run compared to the rest of the conference and they lost to Murray State and Northwestern State. Every game is different from one another.

Like I said, it is my opinion and it isn't any better than the next guy's opinion. Funny how you use the MSU game as your reference. Because they are one team that played us close even with a garbage TD towards the end of the game?

Ya, a person can form a 'decent' guess on a possible match-up by having watched the other teams play.

Oh ya, nice PM you sent me....xthumbsdownx

Mr. C
November 24th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Really? Who stops them? From what I can tell no one is even talking about a CAA team being a threat to NDSU. Big Sky (EWU), OVC (EIU), Southland (SELA) seem to the top three being mentioned as being able to play with NDSU. You may be able to throw Montana in the mix if the Griz catch NDSU napping and the NDSU offense give the ball up. Who from the CAA gives NDSU a run for their money?

I go back to what I said weeks ago. The most difficult game NDSU would have likely played on their way to #3 would have been SDSU (or maybe UNI) in their bracket. Not because were at their level, but because both SDSU and UNI are considered NDSU rivals and anything can happen in a rivalry game when emotions run high.
Probably the two biggest threats to NDSU in the entire field are CAA teams, Maine and Towson. A lot of us thought Towson would have reached the final last year, if the Tigers had been in the tournament. It would have made for a more competitive championship game than Sam Houston State again.

MTfan4life
November 24th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Like I said, it is my opinion and it isn't any better than the next guy's opinion. Funny how you use the MSU game as your reference. Because they are one team that played us close even with a garbage TD towards the end of the game?

Ya, a person can form a 'decent' guess on a possible match-up by having watched the other teams play.

It was a positive reputation towards your green scroll.

Sam_Kats
November 24th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Probably the two biggest threats to NDSU in the entire field are CAA teams, Maine and Towson. A lot of us thought Towson would have reached the final last year, if the Tigers had been in the tournament. It would have made for a more competitive championship game than Sam Houston State again.

Well, but they didn't. If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle.

Scooter
November 24th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I am with the group that believes the best way to get into the playoffs is to win the autobid.

OK...24 teams, let's decide the champion.

I wonder which team is going to open some eyes. Furman or SC State...see you in a few weeks. Good luck to both!!

Scooter
November 24th, 2013, 06:20 PM

Oh bull****. SHSU went into Montana St and E Washington and won. They EARNED the right to go to the championship game. If they were so great, how the flip did they (Towson) lose so many games as to be on the bubble for consideration last season? Tons of respect for the 2012 SHSU Bearcats.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Oh bull****. SHSU went into Montana St and E Washington and won. They EARNED the right to go to the championship game. If they were so great, how the flip did they (Towson) lose so many games as to be on the bubble for consideration last season? Tons of respect for the 2012 SHSU Bearcats.

Agree.

IMO, the 2011 BearKat defense was just as good as the Bison's.

DrStrangelove
November 24th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Well, but they didn't. If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle.

I know this isn't advancing the conversation in any shape, form, or fashion, but I had to drop in and give some props to a fan of a former Southland Conference rival for this line.

Well played, good sir. Well played indeed.

SIUSalukiFan
November 25th, 2013, 12:05 AM

Don't forget that NDSU beat Minnesota, Colorado State and Kansas State over the past three years. I think they could handle Richmond and Villanova. xlolx

JayJ79
November 25th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Missouri State gave the Bison a run compared to the rest of the conference

Funny how you use the MSU game as your reference. Because they are one team that played us close

Am I missing something here?

North Dakota State Bison
Oct 5 - W vs. Northern Iowa, 24-23
Oct 12 - W vs. Missouri State, 41-26

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 12:23 AM

Now you know how feel when you guys bash my opinions every day.... I feel your pain ( in my best Bill Clinton voice lol)

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Actually, I do think you can make a case for some MVFC teams over South Carolina State.

If SC State played in the Valley, they would be lucky to win 3 games.

BisonTru
November 25th, 2013, 01:17 AM

C'mon they beat Morgan State

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2013, 02:03 AM
C'mon they beat Morgan State

Really?
I heard they put a real thumping on Benedict (?), too.

WileECoyote06
November 25th, 2013, 06:19 AM

They'd also be eventually forced to drop football due to the cost of their travel budget. xnodx

If 'if' were a fifth, we'd all be drunk.