View Full Version : Lafayette at New Hampshire

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Cocky
November 24th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Discuss

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2013, 11:38 AM
KO at noon.

Pards have had some common opponents... WM, Lehigh, Colgate. Wonder if they will share?

I was a bit underwhelmed when I saw them at Lehigh. But, UNH should still win the game.

van
November 24th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Very surprised that UNH outbid Pards for home game.

UNHknowledge
November 24th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Super happy with this first round seed, and I don't even mind playing Maine in Rd. 2 at Maine. It's always tough to beat a team twice, but we've pretty much had Maine's number for the last 12 years. I'm curious of what happens to the Brice-Cowell musket if we lose to Maine. I'm assuming it stays in Durham as the playoff game won't be considered an "official" rivalry game.

LehighU11
November 24th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Lafayette was, by far, the best team that Lehigh faced at home all season. That being said, I think UNH has improved substantially since September, much like the Pards. I expect this to be a shootout, as long as Tavani doesn't botch this one.

Fordham
November 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Lafayette a much better team than AGS is giving them credit for IMO. They will be tough for UNH and anyone who faces them. The key is for them to play mistake free football on the road and keep it close early IMO.

Lehigh'98
November 24th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Lafayette has to figure out how to actually win some of these big games and not just keep them close. They have the talent to win, but they aren't used to it.

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Lafayette has to figure out how to actually win some of these big games and not just keep them close. They have the talent to win, but they aren't used to it.

You're right, Lehigh and Fordham don't count.

Lehigh'98
November 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM
You're right, Lehigh and Fordham don't count.

I meant outside of the conference. You have proven you can win the conference and represent respectably. The next step is to start winning some big OOC & playoff games.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I expect a pretty close game; UNH has been MUCH better defensively than they were earlier this season (haven't allowed over 20 points in a game since they lost to Towson), but I don't think the Patriot League play from earlier this season is much of a representation of what to expect in this one. We played Colgate without their starting QB (obviously makes a huge difference) and the Lehigh team that beat us earlier this year was probably worse when they played and lost to Lafayette. I don't put much stock into that, but ultimately, simply expect a good, solid game. Probably some points, but we'll see.

Personally, just happy to be in the playoffs and looking forward to the matchup. I actually am one of the few who thought Lehigh belonged in the playoffs.

Fordham
November 24th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Lafayette a COMPLETELY different team than the one who played their OOC skid imo.

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2013, 01:01 PM
While I say congrats to Lafayette to making the playoffs, I don't see them coming to Durham and winning.

Franks Tanks
November 24th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I meant outside of the conference. You have proven you can win the conference and represent respectably. The next step is to start winning some big OOC & playoff games.

We've done pretty well OOC (we beat W&M last year), but need that elusive playoff win. This UNH team probably isn't as good as some others in the recent past, but we will still need to play at least as well as last week to win.

It is a good matchup for us. We did get some guys dinged up yesterday so that hurts the cause.

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Lafayette in a shootout - 56-52

swaghook
November 24th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Gotta go with UNH on this one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Go Pards!!!!!!

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Pick one:

http://imageshack.com/a/img29/139/g4wq.png

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Go Pards!!!!!!

Oh. we'll go, all right.

The only question is whether, and how, we'll be returning.

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I love our stadium. I just wish that we actually played games there!!

Four next year and all against lame teams, with HC being the only interesting game.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Go Pards!!!!!!

Thanks!!! We need support!

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
The Cowell Stadium Press Box:

http://imageshack.com/a/img600/8124/t8s8.png

Chip Kelly Slept Here™

Take THAT, Georgetown!

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I love our stadium. I just wish that we actually played games there!!

Four next year and all against lame teams, with HC being the only interesting game.

Well your stadium is not large enough to hold the huge crowd that Lehigh brings to the game. We are such a huge draw. Who else would come to Pardville and draw over 35K? All the other FCS teams should take note of how well LU travels. :D

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Sad that we don't have a nicer stadium, it would be expensive but in all honestly being the only d1 school besides Dartmouth for football, the state and donors would only have to make the football stadium improvements once seeing as a new stadium would last 50+ years

RichH2
November 24th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Expect a close game. Pards have a real shot so long as they dont slump after Lehigh rout.

Gordon Shumway
November 24th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Pick one:

You guys couldn't have wanted the game very badly to not outbid UNH, so stop whining. Did you even put in a bid? Perhaps the administration didn't even know you had a chance to make the playoffs. :D

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Seeing this picture and reading flyfisher's take on UNH locker room, to quote Billy Dee Williams ie Lando Calrissien, "This deal keeps getting worse all the time."

How does UNH recruit? Ten straight playoff appearances? What am I missing?

UNH Fanboi
November 24th, 2013, 04:48 PM
You guys couldn't have wanted the game very badly to not outbid UNH, so stop whining. Did you even put in a bid? Perhaps the administration didn't even know you had a chance to make the playoffs. :D

In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if they forgot to bid. I believe the deadline for bids was several weeks ago. They may not have thought they had a realistic shot back then.

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Knowing us, probably. I guess UNH lowballs the bids?

After all, the persistent rumor is that we don't schedule a 12th game because it would cost us an extra week to house and feed the team.

Honestly, I'd save the bidding for a season when we'd have a shot to make a run, or get a seed. This is not that year. And we have a shot vs you guys anyway. I'd give UNH 70-30 odds.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2013, 04:54 PM
In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if they forgot to bid. I believe the deadline for bids was several weeks ago. They may not have thought they had a realistic shot back then.

In all likelihood...UNH a tough team. We must come prepared and ready for action. We are a decided underdog in this one.

Gordon Shumway
November 24th, 2013, 05:07 PM
No matter what you read, the place is exponentially worse. It was a disaster when I was there in the late 60's, it's still essentially the same place, just 44 years later. Got a nice hockey arena though. :D

Obviously, Sean McDonnel deserves a ton of credit for recruiting, despite the facilities. I would say he easily qualifies as a miracle worker.

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Maybe we can move the game to the hockey arena and play it like its the Fargo Dome.

Fordham
November 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I am a huge LC supporter. I think UNH will be surprised. That doesn't mean a win (it might though) but this is not going to be what you were expecting when you first saw that bid and immediately google'd "Orono luxury hotels".

TribeNomad
November 24th, 2013, 06:09 PM
I liked the fresh QB for Lafayette, he threw some nice balls against Lehigh. They are much better on offense than they were with the other QB. Should be good game.

Fordham
November 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I liked the fresh QB for Lafayette, he threw some nice balls against Lehigh. They are much better on offense than they were with the other QB. Should be good game.

bingo. exactly the difference. he opens things up in a way that then lets the running game flow. he's VERY good.

UNHFootballAlum
November 24th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Seeing this picture and reading flyfisher's take on UNH locker room, to quote Billy Dee Williams ie Lando Calrissien, "This deal keeps getting worse all the time."

How does UNH recruit? Ten straight playoff appearances? What am I missing?

That just shows you just how good a coach Sean McDonald is. he consistently finds diamonds in the rough and all of his players ahve bought in and play incredibly hard.

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2013, 07:04 PM
`

http://imageshack.com/a/img824/16/yfa6.png

UNHFootballAlum
November 24th, 2013, 07:07 PM
I think that the UNH players and coaaches will take theis team very serious, especially after playing ( and losing) to Lehigh. UNH has been battle tested no doubt, so unlike early in the year, they will not fold if Lafayette gets some momentum or a lead/

R3TRO
November 24th, 2013, 07:31 PM
`

http://imageshack.com/a/img824/16/yfa6.png

We've heard it all. You're not surfacing anything new here. We are probably more vocal about our facilities than anyone else.

UNH Fanboi
November 24th, 2013, 09:28 PM
I know I'm supposed to pretend that Lafayette is dangerous and underrated, but I don't see it. Even with Reed at QB, who supposedly turned them into a completely new team, they still lost to Colgate. I don't think this game will be close. All UNH needs to do is run Steriti and Setian and not fumble.

Franks Tanks
November 24th, 2013, 09:43 PM
I know I'm supposed to pretend that Lafayette is dangerous and underrated, but I don't see it. Even with Reed at QB, who supposedly turned them into a completely new team, they still lost to Colgate. I don't think this game will be close. All UNH needs to do is run Steriti and Setian and not fumble.

You guys lost to Lehigh.. see how that works.

UNH is in for a game. We have nothing to lose and are playing with a ton of confidence and passion right now.

Mattymc727
November 24th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I was one of those UNH fans that thought we would roll Lehigh, and we all know how that worked out. I wouldt say Im nervous, but am cautious to think that UNH is that much better. The UNH/Colgate game was so long ago that it has no bearing on this matchup, even UNH is a better team then they were that day.

In regards to Cowell stadium, you are preaching to the choir here, we hate that damn dump. However, the players love "the dungeon" and relish playing there. Just ask any other CAA team how hard it is to get a win in Durham (look at the wildcats record at home the last ten years too). Even Maine couldnt do it when it mattered most.

As it sits right now Ill take UNH, but no blowout.

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2013, 11:52 PM
If I were you, I'd be pretty confident that you'll blow us up as well. We have exactly one scholarship player who will be starting, and that's a third-string QB who's pretty much there by default.

So you're playing a non-scholarship team that has to deal with an unbelievably restrictive set of academic requirements, doesn't allow red-shirting and has a woefully inexperienced freshman QB.

You'll be the laughing stock of AGS if we even cross the 50 yard line. Imagine the shame you'll endure if we score a field goal.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 05:48 AM
If I were you, I'd be pretty confident that you'll blow us up as well. We have exactly one scholarship player who will be starting, and that's a third-string QB who's pretty much there by default.

So you're playing a non-scholarship team that has to deal with an unbelievably restrictive set of academic requirements, doesn't allow red-shirting and has a woefully inexperienced freshman QB.

You'll be the laughing stock of AGS if we even cross the 50 yard line. Imagine the shame you'll endure if we score a field goal.

Bogus, actually two. The frosh punter is a starter :)

UNH Fanboi
November 25th, 2013, 06:09 AM
You guys lost to Lehigh.. see how that works.

UNH is in for a game. We have nothing to lose and are playing with a ton of confidence and passion right now.

Lehigh was playing with a scarecrow at QB against you guys. Completely different team than the one that beat UNH. UNH also is a much better team since then. Lafayette also got lucky playing against Fordham with their QB injured. You guys have just been at the right place at the right time.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Bogus, actually two. The frosh punter is a starter :)

See that? We suck so bad we can't even count either. If I were UNH, I'd just pencil this one in and start getting ready for Maine right now. Let the kids go home for Thanksgiving. You don't need to practice. Gonna be a picnic.

NHwildEcat
November 25th, 2013, 07:37 AM
I'll take the team who has not lost at home to win a home game...

I don't think it will be a blow out, but somewhere in the 17 point differential range.

Our stadium absolutely blows...but in case you haven't heard we are getting lights next year. So we got that going for us.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Lehigh was playing with a scarecrow at QB against you guys. Completely different team than the one that beat UNH. UNH also is a much better team since then. Lafayette also got lucky playing against Fordham with their QB injured. You guys have just been at the right place at the right time.

Couldn't agree more. You have nothing to worry about. The Wildcats should treat this as a well-deserved bye week and just look forward to the big re-match with Maine.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 07:43 AM
So we got that going for us.

Which is nice.

When it's six degrees with a win chill in the Kelvin range, there's nothing like a night game to pack 'em in.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I'll take the team who has not lost at home to win a home game...

I don't think it will be a blow out, but somewhere in the 17 point differential range.

Our stadium absolutely blows...but in case you haven't heard we are getting lights next year. So we got that going for us.

A 17 point spread I consider kind of a blowout. UNH is a tough team. We have our work cut out for us.

UNH Fanboi
November 25th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Couldn't agree more. You have nothing to worry about. The Wildcats should treat this as a well-deserved bye week and just look forward to the big re-match with Maine.

Fortunately, I am not a player or coach on the team, so my bluster means nothing. I'm sure UNH will be very well prepared and will not be looking past Lafayette.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Fortunately, I am not a player or coach on the team, so my bluster means nothing. I'm sure UNH will be very well prepared and will not be looking past Lafayette.

You might as well be playing Exeter Academy. Don't worry about it. Tell the kids to go home, eat tons of turkey and gravy and stuffing, drink a couple hundred beers, and not to worry about coming back on time.

Beating Maine is what's important right now. Then you can worry about South Northeastern Middle Arkansas A&M. SNEMAA&M has been on a roll and could be trouble for you guys.

Neighbor2
November 25th, 2013, 08:34 AM
I have no problem seeing Lafayette as the consensus underdog. New Hampshire is ALWAYS tough, and that junior high facility up there can confuse anyone. But . . .
Lafayette's rise has been remarkable. They have plenty of talent sprinkled over both sides of the ball. Their quarterback is very poised, despite his experience.

I think it will come down to the growth of the New Hampshire defense throughout the year. I really think Lafayette's offense will be a challenge for them. Besides, goofy Tavani will pull some junk. This year, he has a team that can make it work.

I'll go Lafayette 31, New Hampshire 27.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Tavani will pull some junk.

Not everyone gets to see Tavani pulling his junk. Could be special.

carney2
November 25th, 2013, 10:05 AM
You’ve heard it all before, but…

Lafayette is a whole new team since the freshman QB took over. Don’t look at the (losing) full season record and reach any conclusions.

Latest calculations (don’t know how they do it) have Lafayette with the 15th most difficult FCS schedule in the country. If you’re playing in the CAA that’s understandable. In the Patriot League, not so much. Point being, the Leopards will not be awed by the competition or its 10 consecutive playoff appearances.

Cowell Stadium renovations to begin after this game. Phase one includes lights and some upgrades to bleacher type seating. Hints at later phases have been made. Knowledgeable posters on the Lafayette board grade the current Cowell somewhere in the range of an F- squared.

No one knows, but those of you who opine that the Pards did not bid for this game are probably so close to correct that it could reach out and steal your hot dog and frozen Coke. What some (most) of you don’t know is that a local high school football game is played at Fisher Stadium every Thanksgiving Day. It is sold out every year, and the costs/trouble of cleaning up and getting things turned around for another game in 48 hours over the Thanksgiving holiday are, I would assume, part of the playoff bid calculus.

The Colgate loss was 100% on The Frankosaurus. He was, and continues to be, Lafayette’s greatest wild card. Giving credit where credit is due however, the mindless lizard was a no show for the Fordham game and made only two brief appearances at Lehigh.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I have no problem seeing Lafayette as the consensus underdog. New Hampshire is ALWAYS tough, and that junior high facility up there can confuse anyone. But . . .
Lafayette's rise has been remarkable. They have plenty of talent sprinkled over both sides of the ball. Their quarterback is very poised, despite his experience.

I think it will come down to the growth of the New Hampshire defense throughout the year. I really think Lafayette's offense will be a challenge for them. Besides, goofy Tavani will pull some junk. This year, he has a team that can make it work.

I'll go Lafayette 31, New Hampshire 27.

Dude, I agree with the consensus underdog and really have no problem with that. It is accurate and it is fair. We need to bring an A+ game!

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Not everyone gets to see Tavani pulling his junk. Could be special.

Thanks. Right before lunchtime....

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 10:52 AM
You’ve heard it all before, but…

Lafayette is a whole new team since the freshman QB took over. Don’t look at the (losing) full season record and reach any conclusions.

Latest calculations (don’t know how they do it) have Lafayette with the 15th most difficult FCS schedule in the country. If you’re playing in the CAA that’s understandable. In the Patriot League, not so much. Point being, the Leopards will not be awed by the competition or its 10 consecutive playoff appearances.

Cowell Stadium renovations to begin after this game. Phase one includes lights and some upgrades to bleacher type seating. Hints at later phases have been made. Knowledgeable posters on the Lafayette board grade the current Cowell somewhere in the range of an F- squared.

No one knows, but those of you who opine that the Pards did not bid for this game are probably so close to correct that it could reach out and steal your hot dog and frozen Coke. What some (most) of you don’t know is that a local high school football game is played at Fisher Stadium every Thanksgiving Day. It is sold out every year, and the costs/trouble of cleaning up and getting things turned around for another game in 48 hours over the Thanksgiving holiday are, I would assume, part of the playoff bid calculus.

The Colgate loss was 100% on The Frankosaurus. He was, and continues to be, Lafayette’s greatest wild card. Giving credit where credit is due however, the mindless lizard was a no show for the Fordham game and made only two brief appearances at Lehigh.

Aw come on C2. They couldn't clean up and turn around Fisher Field on Friday for a noon Saturday? I think back when bids were due it was apparent (back then) we were going to be watching the playoffs on TV.

SingForever
November 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM
You hit it on the head!

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Just to clear up something - and correct me if I'm wrong - but had Fordham been eligible for the PL title this year, Lafayette and Fordham would have tied for the title but Lafayette still would have received the auto-bid given its head-to-head win over Fordham. And Fordham still would have received the same at-large bid. So those who are whining that the PL somehow "cheated" are misinformed. The Patriot League legitimately has two teams in the playoffs, subjective "deservedness" aside. Is this factually accurate?

Also - and this I'm sure of - those who are posting elsewhere that the the rest of the PL will "catch up" to Fordham's scholarships next year are misinformed as well. The PL will not catch up to Fordham's scholarships for another three years. Nevertheless Fordham will be eligible for the PL title next season (as we all agree they should).

As to those predicting that UNH will win by at least 42-0, well . . . we might score that dreaded field goal during a moment of Wildcat weakness in garbage time. Then you'll have some 'splaing to do.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Aw come on C2. They couldn't clean up and turn around Fisher Field on Friday for a noon Saturday? I think back when bids were due it was apparent (back then) we were going to be watching the playoffs on TV.

Bid to host a playoff game during Thanksgiving week, or use that money to fly the team comfortably to the opponent? We'll get our home playoff game one of these years - but this really isn't the year for it. Just imagine the crowd if we play at home some day vs. Delaware or Villanova.

NHwildEcat
November 25th, 2013, 12:46 PM
A 17 point spread I consider kind of a blowout. UNH is a tough team. We have our work cut out for us.

For me it is more than just the final score. If Lafaytette loses by 17 but there was a goaline stand where UNH stopped them at the 1 on 4th down...the game would appear closer than the final score. That is more or less what I was thinking. Or UNH could have a 10 point lead going into the final quarter then ice it with a long TD drive. At the same time you could also have a 7 point game that is dominated yardage wise but is close because of failed conversions at the right time.

NHwildEcat
November 25th, 2013, 12:53 PM
As to those predicting that UNH will win by at least 42-0, well . . . we might score that dreaded field goal during a moment of Wildcat weakness in garbage time. Then you'll have some 'splaing to do.

Where are those predictions? I haven't see anyone post something that lopsided.

I predicted something like a 17 point diff... and further explained how that could be a close game.

I think you are being a little sensitive here guy. Your team does have a losing record after all.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Bid to host a playoff game during Thanksgiving week, or use that money to fly the team comfortably to the opponent? We'll get our home playoff game one of these years - but this really isn't the year for it. Just imagine the crowd if we play at home some day vs. Delaware or Villanova.

Ah, how much to fly the crew and house and feed? Is it a wash? Plus Im sure Jack Bourger will be ready to supply a flight on Air Bourger. So is there any expense on that anyway. Im sure Jack has let Frank Tavani and AD know beforehand if Air Bourger is ready for departure?

Bill
November 25th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Pards, Bogie, et al. : NOT trying to be a wise a**, but has Lafayette ever hosted a home playoff game? I seem to remember you traveling to the likes of App State and Delaware....

Just curious, and good luck this weekend!

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM

I predicted something like a 17 point diff... and further explained how that could be a close game.

I think you are being a little sensitive here guy. Your team does have a losing record after all.

Nah, youre good with me on this NHwildEcat...You have explained yourself well. On an interesting note, I canvassed Milford NH for Gary Hart in Feb. 1984 and stayed overnight at a supporter's house there! And did Nashua the next day.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Pards, Bogie, et al. : NOT trying to be a wise a**, but has Lafayette ever hosted a home playoff game? I seem to remember you traveling to the likes of App State and Delaware....

Just curious, and good luck this weekend!

thx bill...No sir...Away at Delaware (2004) App State (2005) and UMass (2006).

Southsider
November 25th, 2013, 01:01 PM

Get used to it this week UNH fans. Pards are very sensative about everything. And for God's sake, don't "TAUNT" them...........they really don't like that!

NHwildEcat
November 25th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Nah, youre good with me on this NHwildEcat...You have explained yourself well. On an interesting note, I canvassed Milford NH for Gary Hart in Feb. 1984 and stayed overnight at a supporter's house there! And did Nashua the next day.

That is before my time! But NH is a lot different today than 1984.

Although Nashua is still crap :)

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Get used to it this week UNH fans. Pards are very sensative about everything. And for God's sake, don't "TAUNT" them...........they really don't like that!

Some programs have higher standards for player behavior than others. One of our programs for example, tends to frown on things like felony assault chages.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 01:06 PM
That is before my time! But NH is a lot different today than 1984.

Although Nashua is still crap :)

Yeah I remember reading an article that year before the NH primary (upset win by Hart over Mondale) that southern NH was becoming northern Mass with all the people moving across the state border so they didn't have to pay ANY state income tax. Resulted in major growth for towns like Milford within commuting distance of the Rt 128 corridor companies.

UNHFootballAlum
November 25th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Just to clear up something - and correct me if I'm wrong - but had Fordham been eligible for the PL title this year, Lafayette and Fordham would have tied for the title but Lafayette still would have received the auto-bid given its head-to-head win over Fordham. And Fordham still would have received the same at-large bid. So those who are whining that the PL somehow "cheated" are misinformed. The Patriot League legitimately has two teams in the playoffs, subjective "deservedness" aside. Is this factually accurate?

Also - and this I'm sure of - those who are posting elsewhere that the the rest of the PL will "catch up" to Fordham's scholarships next year are misinformed as well. The PL will not catch up to Fordham's scholarships for another three years. Nevertheless Fordham will be eligible for the PL title next season (as we all agree they should).

Believe me none of the UNH fans and definitely not the team are taking Lafayette lightly. Should UNH be favored, sure, but we have to respect all opponents or we will certainly end of at home for the second round. Lafayette will come to play and they will play hard and I am sure well. UNH will have to match their intensity and make them one dimensional

NHwildEcat
November 25th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Yeah I remember reading an article that year before the NH primary (upset win by Hart over Mondale) that southern NH was becoming northern Mass with all the people moving across the state border so they didn't have to pay ANY state income tax. Resulted in major growth for towns like Milford within commuting distance of the Rt 128 corridor companies.

Oh yes. That has continued and I would say extends all the way to Manchester. I know of people who live in my neighborhood (outside of Manchester) who drive the hour into Boston for work. I'd have to be dire straights myself to work in MA and pay state income tax. But yes, Nashua, Hudson and Salem especially have a negative MA vibe to them. I live in Salem (border town) for 2 years...all that is there is a mall. Place is lights out by 8PM and most of the shoppers in the mall happen to be coming north to take advantage of the tax free shopping. Can't blame them, but they are annoying as hell.

It never would have happened if the Patriots had moved to Salem as they threatened to do before Gillette was constructed.

NHwildEcat
November 25th, 2013, 01:13 PM
No one is taking this game lightly. But it is not unreasonable for people to expect UNH to win. A home game. If this game were in Lafayette than it would be a completely different story.

Mattymc727
November 25th, 2013, 01:28 PM
All this sandbagging has me bored. I wish we had a chattown poster as a UNH fan just so we had interesting content to read. We are too nice here.

I'll say it, UNH wins in a blowout 38-10

Pard4Life
November 25th, 2013, 01:37 PM
All this sandbagging has me bored. I wish we had a chattown poster as a UNH fan just so we had interesting content to read. We are too nice here.

Well, sorry that we do not approach the vitriol of Lehigh posters...

Pard4Life
November 25th, 2013, 01:39 PM

All right then...

It is an absolute joke that UNH was nearly a member of the PL last year... their inclusion would be worse than correspondence school "American University"... no state schools allowed in the PL, particularly with sub 1100 SAT scores...

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 01:46 PM

Ok so noted...UNHFootballAlum I sent you pvt

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 01:46 PM

On the other FCS board, the green one. I forget what it's called.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 01:49 PM
On the other FCS board, the green one. I forget what it's called.

there is one???

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 01:49 PM

What, you want us to treat you the way we would a PL opponent (or they would treat us) before a in-league game? That takes work. And time. And frothing. And pictures.

I actually was being kind when I posted a shot of the Cowell press box. You should see how we treated Georgetown's.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Well, sorry that we do not approach the vitriol of Lehigh posters...

Lehigh will win this playoff game..

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 01:59 PM
All right then...

It is an absolute joke that UNH was nearly a member of the PL last year... their inclusion would be worse than correspondence school "American University"... no state schools allowed in the PL, particularly with sub 1100 SAT scores...

I think you might have read wrong, P4L. We were considering UNH as a potential mascot, not as a member or anything like that.

But we got the bubbly little TV sideline girl on PLNet instead. She went to Metropolitan College, so it's kind of a wash, I suppose.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Lehigh will win this playoff game..

xbowx xrotatehx xnodx

Mattymc727
November 25th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Im so glad we backed out of the Patriot league when SBU and Albany were added to the CAA. Nobody wants to be associated with such bad football. You can have your academics, I didnt even go to UNH and couldnt care less about their degrees.

I just like NH football, and it will be a fun Saturday for us. I remember the last time UNH opened up a home playoff game, it was against a Patriot league team, named Colgate, and UNH won 55-21....

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Did you know . . .

The University of New Hampshire received a $700,000 grant from the Department of Agriculture to study the frequency and content of cow farts.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2621444/posts

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Did you know . . .

The University of New Hampshire received a $700,000 grant from the Department of Agriculture to study the frequency and content of cow farts.

That can't be true. I thought Bucknell was the worldwide leader in that research.

Twentysix
November 25th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Did you know . . .

AWESOME

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I remember the last time UNH opened up a home playoff game, it was against a Patriot league team, named Colgate, and UNH won 55-21....

Ahh, but Colgate didn't have a freshman punter with a scholarship back then. It could make a world of difference for us.

Mattymc727
November 25th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Did you know . . .

While true, I once visited the University of Northern Colorado, and from the smell of their campus, I think they were doing a better job.

That was just awful, no idea how they attract students.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 02:26 PM

Deliver it dude!

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Meanwhile, Lafayette - which is not even a research university - just secured another grant from the National Science Foundation; this time for development of a state-of-the-art desktop scanning electron microscope. And we don't even need the money.

Maybe UNH will have to send us tubes of bovine flatulence for analysis by actual scientists and engineers.

Mattymc727
November 25th, 2013, 02:36 PM
The UNH offense has so many weapons, just too much to handle for a PL team. I mean look at the UNH roster, its full of potential all-americans, and even back-ups that will probably be playing on Sundays in a few years.

The UNH defense has been much maligned over the few years, but has been unreal the last few weeks. Maine couldnt even get in the endzone. How would a team with a losing record fair? Probably be lucky to score.

Hope there aren't too many Leopards fans making the trip for this one. Would really suck to spend all that money to watch a bunch of the Lafayette players taken off on stretchers.

UNHWildcat18
November 25th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Well atleast I don't have to worry about scrolling to pages 2 or 3 to find this thread the entire week. PL posters post more frequently than most normal humans breathe in a day.

Sader87
November 25th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Love the banter (and wish we could be a part of it) but let's not bash UNH as an institution or its student-athletes too harshly. They are actually one of the better "State/Directional U" schools academically at the FCS-level and their football graduation rate is very good as well.

Lot of friends, former student-athletes (#81 Justin Mello WR, being one) of mine etc have matriculated at Durham.

To all Wildcat supporters, Bogey is a good-guy and one of the funniest/wittiest posters here...it's all (mostly) in good fun.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Love the banter (and wish we could be a part of it) but let's not bash UNH as an institution or its student-athletes too harshly. They are actually one of the better "State/Directional U" schools academically at the FCS-level and their football graduation rate is very good as well.

Lot of friends, former student-athletes (#81 Justin Mello WR, being one) of mine etc have matriculated at Durham.

To all Wildcat supporters, Bogey is a good-guy and one of the funniest/wittiest posters here...it's all (mostly) in good fun.

C'mon, Sader87 - I'm being mild and you know it! Truth be told, Holy Cross/UNH would be an awesome playoff match - much better than the one down at Villanova a couple years back. It's a game for New England that could make ZooMass slither off into oblivion.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 02:58 PM
PL posters post more frequently than most normal humans breathe in a day.

That's 'cause we're a bunch of attention whores. And we all retired at age 30.

UNHFootballAlum
November 25th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Ok so noted...UNHFootballAlum I sent you pvt

Sent you a PM

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2013, 03:02 PM
The UNH offense has so many weapons, just too much to handle for a PL team.

*Ahem*

Sader87
November 25th, 2013, 03:02 PM
C'mon, Sader87 - I'm being mild and you know it! Truth be told, Holy Cross/UNH would be an awesome playoff match - much better than the one down at Villanova a couple years back. It's a game for New England that could make ZooMass slither off into oblivion.

lol....I know you are. I'm sure you're slowing working yourself into game-time form especially coming off the Lehigh game.

UNH has been an "off and on" football rival of HC going back to the 1970s....some very good games between very good teams in the 1980s. UNH upset one of out better teams in that era in 1984, 14-13 I believe at Fitton. I hope we become more regular rivals going forward.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 03:10 PM
The UNH offense has so many weapons, just too much to handle for a PL team. I mean look at the UNH roster, its full of potential all-americans, and even back-ups that will probably be playing on Sundays in a few years.

The UNH defense has been much maligned over the few years, but has been unreal the last few weeks. Maine couldnt even get in the endzone. How would a team with a losing record fair? Probably be lucky to score.

Hope there aren't too many Leopards fans making the trip for this one. Would really suck to spend all that money to watch a bunch of the Lafayette players taken off on stretchers.

Damn, I wish you had posted this before I bought the ticket!!

UNHFootballAlum
November 25th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Sader, I was a part of that 1984 game. What a great game. HC was undefeated, until they lost to BU the week before the UNH game. We were both trying to make the playoffs and I think there were only 8 teams then.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 03:16 PM
lol....I know you are. I'm sure you're slowing working yourself into game-time form especially coming off the Lehigh game.

UNH has been an "off and on" football rival of HC going back to the 1970s....some very good games between very good teams in the 1980s. UNH upset one of out better teams in that era in 1984, 14-13 I believe at Fitton. I hope we become more regular rivals going forward.

This the warm up, S87. Now I have to go digging and see about the actual football aspects of UNH. They have an impressive record with the only real blemish being the shutout to W&M. We'll have to figure out what happened there.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 25th, 2013, 03:19 PM
This the warm up, S87. Now I have to go digging and see about the actual football aspects of UNH. They have an impressive record with the only real blemish being the shutout to W&M. We'll have to figure out what happened there.

Seems the other team was wearing green and yellow....that always throws us for a loop

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Seems the other team was wearing green and yellow....that always throws us for a loop

W&M kicked the crap out of us, but I know why (I was there). The reasons that game became uncompetitive no longer exist for the Pards. Same with the Penn game. We beat both W&M and Penn last year, but we're a much better team this year - at least right now.

We have three "eras" this season - the ZZ era (Sacred Heart, W&M, Penn), the Dzurik era (Bucknell, Princeton and the first half of Harvard) and the Reed era (second half of Harvard and on). Everything we did offensively against Harvard came in the second half.

The most marked improvement for Lafayette otherwise has been on the OL and the play of the defensive secondary.

As a side note, you probably don't want to kick to either of our returners. They're good.

carney2
November 25th, 2013, 03:42 PM

Probably right, but the day after Thanksgiving is probably a holiday in academia where the demands are so outrageous. I understand, for instance, that some of the faculty actually have to "work" 20 hours or so per week. Calling the actual non-faculty worker bees back on short notice would not be well received. Since bids had to be in a few weeks ago, it is unlikely that Lafayette, then sitting at, let's say, 2-5, would have even opened the email bid solicitation.

Sader87
November 25th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Sader, I was a part of that 1984 game. What a great game. HC was undefeated, until they lost to BU the week before the UNH game. We were both trying to make the playoffs and I think there were only 8 teams then.

Actually, the 1984 team chose to forego the playoffs to play BC in 1984. I think your victory probably would have knocked us out anyway. Interestingly, UNH beat Lafayette at Easton in 1984 21-7.

Are the UNH fans starting to get a feel for how these PL threads tend to go???? xlolx

1984: 8-3-0

Coach:

Rick E. Carter

W/L

Date

PF

Opponent

PA

Notes

W

09-15-1984

Rhode Island

Worcester, MA

W

09-22-1984

Massachusetts

Worcester, MA

W

09-29-1984

Harvard (MA)

Cambridge, MA

W

10-06-1984

Dartmouth (NH)

Worcester, MA

W

10-13-1984

Colgate (NY)

Hamilton, NY

W

10-20-1984

Connecticut

Worcester, MA

W

10-27-1984

Brown (RI)

Providence, RI

L

11-03-1984

Boston (MA)

Boston, MA

L

11-10-1984

New Hampshire

Worcester, MA

W

11-17-1984

Maine

Orono, ME

L

12-01-1984

Boston College (MA)

Worcester, MA

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Do you UNH guys have a real marching band and stuff? And store-bought uniforms? Indoor plumbing? This could almost be like playing an actual college football game against a real team.

We're in freakin' awe. xrolleyesx

crusader11
November 25th, 2013, 04:12 PM
It's really incredible that Coach Mac has had sustained success at New Hampshire given their deplorable facilities.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 04:19 PM
It's really incredible that Coach Mac has had sustained success at New Hampshire given their deplorable facilities.

What's wrong with their facilities? Looks brand new to me.

http://imageshack.com/a/img268/1702/qrzl.jpg

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 25th, 2013, 04:32 PM
What's wrong with their facilities? Looks brand new to me.

http://imageshack.com/a/img268/1702/qrzl.jpg

PT not good for the bottom. Should have used cedar

ngineer
November 25th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Pick one:

Exactly--so did Lafayette bid for a home game??!!! If so, surprised you didn't get it.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 04:38 PM

Splinters? I thought all you guys had calluses on your butt cheeks as thick as tree bark. Cedar is for lightweights.

ngineer
November 25th, 2013, 04:40 PM

Now we know why they're blocking is so good at 'double teaming'.

UNH Fanboi
November 25th, 2013, 04:50 PM

Yeah, and even after letting Kevin Decker sit behind Toman, am I right ;-)

UNHknowledge
November 25th, 2013, 06:54 PM
All right then...

Nerds...Don't worry, we are just fine playing in the most competitive conference in FCS football. And for a "state" school with a 14,000 enrollment, I believe our SAT scores, graduation rates (especially of student athletes), and team GPAs are pretty impressive. I'll be a lazy state school graduate and not Google the the statistics to support my claim; I'll let your pretentious, nerdy, ass do that.

UNHknowledge
November 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM

Toman, Decker, and Vailas are the same guy. They're all system guys. Good leaders, good competitors, but UNH hasn't had a real QB since Ricky Santos.

maine612
November 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
I think this game is not close. Something like New Hampshire 38, Fat Lever 14.

New Hampshire will rightfully roll up I-95 with confidence up to Orono where the rematch will happen. That will be a great one in Orono.

art vandelay
November 25th, 2013, 08:20 PM
UNH has not won the number of games that they have over the past ten years by overlooking opponents. Believe this all Patriot league and Lafayette fans, coach mac will have this team ready for a fight.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I'll be a lazy state school graduate and not Google the the statistics to support my claim; I'll let your pretentious, nerdy, ass do that.

Tell you what - I'll Google statistics with my ass while you go out and collect cow farts. Call it even?

Pard4Life
November 25th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I think this game is not close. Something like New Hampshire 38, Fat Lever 14.

New Hampshire will rightfully roll up I-95 with confidence up to Orono where the rematch will happen. That will be a great one in Orono.

xlolx Great reference... not sure anyone else gets it though..

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 09:07 PM
xlolx Great reference... not sure anyone else gets it though..

How about this little nugget:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l66zxzgFUQ1qceysoo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1385521531&Signature=BEmTnoILTOZTX8rljDcOSK8wsIw%3D#_=_

Sader87
November 25th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Interesting that these two fine institutions met 6 times in the 1980s but never before or after:

New Hampshire vs Lafayette (PA)

Back (http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/atlantic10/new_hampshire/opponents.php)

Record: 5-1-0

No

W/L

Date

PF

PA

Notes

W

11-08-1980

Durham, NH

W

11-07-1981

Easton, PA

W

09-15-1984

Easton, PA

L

09-14-1985

Durham, NH

W

10-11-1986

Easton, PA

W

10-24-1987

Durham, NH

maine612
November 25th, 2013, 09:32 PM
How about this little nugget:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l66zxzgFUQ1qceysoo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1385521531&Signature=BEmTnoILTOZTX8rljDcOSK8wsIw%3D#_=_

Tremendous. dude used to scorch the Celtics back in the day....Andrew Toney style.

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 10:33 PM
You guys at UNH (and Maine) know that Lafayette's OC is Mickey Fein, right? xeekx

maine612
November 25th, 2013, 11:12 PM
You guys at UNH (and Maine) know that Lafayette's OC is Mickey Fein, right? xeekx

Yes. He had a great run at Maine!

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Interesting that these two fine institutions met 6 times in the 1980s but never before or after:

New Hampshire vs Lafayette (PA)

Back (http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/atlantic10/new_hampshire/opponents.php)

Record: 5-1-0

No

W/L

Date

PF

PA

Notes

W

11-08-1980

Durham, NH

W

11-07-1981

Easton, PA

W

09-15-1984

Easton, PA

L

09-14-1985

Durham, NH

W

10-11-1986

Easton, PA

W

10-24-1987

Durham, NH

Thanks! Interesting no games since 1987 - over 25 years. Seems to have been a competitive series excepting 1980 and 1985. I was at the 1981 game in Easton in early Nov. UNH had a 21-0 halftime lead before Pards came roaring back.

NHwildEcat
November 26th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Actually, the 1984 team chose to forego the playoffs to play BC in 1984. I think your victory probably would have knocked us out anyway. Interestingly, UNH beat Lafayette at Easton in 1984 21-7.

Are the UNH fans starting to get a feel for how these PL threads tend to go???? xlolx

1984: 8-3-0

Coach:

Rick E. Carter

W/L

Date

PF

Opponent

PA

Notes

W

09-15-1984

Rhode Island

Worcester, MA

W

09-22-1984

Massachusetts

Worcester, MA

W

09-29-1984

Harvard (MA)

Cambridge, MA

W

10-06-1984

Dartmouth (NH)

Worcester, MA

W

10-13-1984

Colgate (NY)

Hamilton, NY

W

10-20-1984

Connecticut

Worcester, MA

W

10-27-1984

Brown (RI)

Providence, RI

L

11-03-1984

Boston (MA)

Boston, MA

L

11-10-1984

New Hampshire

Worcester, MA

W

11-17-1984

Maine

Orono, ME

L

12-01-1984

Boston College (MA)

Worcester, MA

Only 1 game out of New England? I love that schedule.

ColgateTD
November 26th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Carney2 and Bogie told me that the Pards are gonna win, so I'm backing 'em. Go Leopards! Make the PL proud of you guys!
Stand up for us losers.

crusader11
November 26th, 2013, 09:38 AM

In hindsight, was I ever wrong with that?

deez_na
November 26th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Watch out for that solid 5-6 team, scary.

Franks Tanks
November 26th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Watch out for that solid 5-6 team, scary.

Who beat two top 15 teams in a row

Sader87
November 26th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Only 1 game out of New England? I love that schedule.

Yeah, no offense to our friends in Pennsylvania, but those were the days. It was a lot easier to catch a lot of road games, visiting team's fans traveled better back then etc etc....just made for a better game-day experience overall.

It's too bad that the 1-AA NE schools of that era couldn't have coalesced better going forward. Could have made an interesting league with UConn, UMass, URI, BU, NU, HC, Maine, UNH. Actually that was the "Yankee Conference" for a very brief time in the early 1970s before HC pulled out and BU did stay and then later on NU joined.

The rest is history of course: HC joined the PL, UMass and UConn went 1-A, the Yankee Conference morphed into the A=10 then CAA and BU and NU have since dropped football.

crusader11
November 26th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah, no offense to our friends in Pennsylvania, but those were the days. It was a lot easier to catch a lot of road games, visiting team's fans traveled better back then etc etc....just made for a better game-day experience overall.

It's too bad that the 1-AA NE schools of that era couldn't have coalesced better going forward. Could have made an interesting league with UConn, UMass, URI, BU, NU, HC, Maine, UNH. Actually that was the "Yankee Conference" for a very brief time in the early 1970s before HC pulled out and BU did stay and then later on NU joined.

The rest is history of course: HC joined the PL, UMass and UConn went 1-A, the Yankee Conference morphed into the A=10 then CAA and BU and NU have since dropped football.

While others may not, I always enjoy 87's look back into the yesteryears of HC and New England college football.

Twentysix
November 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Go Pards!

Sader87
November 26th, 2013, 11:28 AM
While others may not, I always enjoy 87's look back into the yesteryears of HC and New England college football.

LOL...too much time on my hands (pre-basketball anyway) and an Irish penchant to look wistfully into the past. But thanks xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM

Yeah, but Sader87 has a point. New England college football was a lot better before politics became involved. Who can argue that Holy Cross's 1980s schedule wasn't ideal?

Likewise, the "Pennsylvania Schools" used to play some combination of Colgate-Bucknell-Penn-Princeton-Villanova-Delaware-Army-Rutgers-Lafayette-Temple-Columbia-Lehigh-Cornell. We'd been playing these teams for a hundred years by then. Worked for us as well.

Franks Tanks
November 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM

The Yankee conference was great while it lasted. A league made up of state flagship schools, and select private schools all located in a small geographic area. Good competiton and rivalries. I suppose it made too much sense so it had to go away.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 03:15 PM
That can't be true. I thought Bucknell was the worldwide leader in that research.

A Bucknell student and a UNH student we driving up to Dartmouth to watch a game when, all of a sudden, the Bucknell kids slams on the brakes. There was a calf with her head stuck in a fence and the Bucknell kid says, "Bison fans never pass up an opportunity like this!" So he gets out of the car and has his way with the calf.

Then the Bucknell kid says to the UNH kid, "Your turn!" . . . And the New Hampshire kid bends over and sticks his head in the fence.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2013, 03:19 PM
A Bucknell student and a UNH student we driving up to Dartmouth to watch a game when, all of a sudden, the Bucknell kids slams on the brakes. There was a calf with her head stuck in a fence and the Bucknell kid says, "Bison fans never pass up an opportunity like this!" So he gets out of the car and has his way with the calf.

Then the Bucknell kid says to the UNH kid, "Your turn!" . . . And the New Hampshire kid bends over and sticks his head in the fence.

it's OVER to Dartmouth, not up to Dartmouth. You drive over to Dartmouth
That error ruined the whole joke for me....

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 03:50 PM
That error ruined the whole joke for me....

It was the Bucknell kid who was driving.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 03:54 PM
While visiting Durham, officials from Washington were dismayed to learn that implementation of certain Department of Agriculture flatulence recovery protocols had ruined forty expensive student textbooks over in Diamond Library. "The real tragedy," sighed the lead UNH research professor, "is that thirty of them hadn't been colored in yet."

Lehigh Football Nation
November 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM
It was the Bucknell kid who was driving.

Ah, but was it a Caterpillar, or John Deere? That's what I was asking myself.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Ah, but was it a Caterpillar, or John Deere? That's what I was asking myself.

Since I am the proud owner of a fine old Deere 2040 myself, I'll make it a Massey or a Farmall.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/194/1k35.jpg

dwtime
November 26th, 2013, 04:35 PM
How many Lafayette students does it take to change a lightbulb?
Two---One to change the lightbulb and one to crack under the pressure.

dwtime
November 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM
M.I.T.: "I had a nervous breakdown this weekend."
"Have some fries."

Caltech: "I had three nervous breakdowns this weekend."
"Have some fries."

Yale: "I got mugged on the way to class today."
"Have some fries."

Brown: "I got a nose ring this weekend, Professor Smith."
"Cool! Me too! Have some fries."

Swarthmore: "I got a B."
"Anywhere else it would have been an A. Have some fries."

Princeton: "My father took away my Porsche this weekend."
"Poor dear. Have some Escargot."

Harvard: "Did you do anything this weekend?"
"Nope. Have some fries."

Williams: "Don't I know you?"
"Of course you do, silly. Have some fries."

Cornell: "I killed my lab partner this weekend."
"Bummer. Have some fries."

Columbia: "I wish I could be eating these fries at a better school."
"Me too. Let's go get shot."

Penn: "I wish I could be eating these fries at a better school."
"Me too. Let's transfer to Columbia."

Stanford: "Dude, I have so much work this weekend."
"Like, chill out, dude. Have some, like, fries."

Dartmouth: "Oh man, I got so trashed this weekend."
"Have some beer."

Lafayette: "I wish I were Ivy League."
"Here, drink the fry grease."

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Q: What does the average UNH student get on his SAT?

A: Drool.

Q: What do UNH and Dartmouth students have in common?

A: They both got in to UNH.

Q: Why do New Hampshire students have "TGIF" written on their shoes?

A: Toes Go In First.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 05:48 PM

Two---One to change the lightbulb and one to crack under the pressure.

Q: How many UNH freshman does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Not permitted - that's a sophomore course.

dwtime
November 26th, 2013, 06:01 PM
None--Easton looks better in the dark.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 06:11 PM

This got me thinking, though. From Lafayette, you drive . . .

- "Up" to Colgate or Cornell

- "Out" to Bucknell

- "Over" to Princeton or Lehigh

- "Down" to Penn

- "In" to Fordham or Columbia

Anything else is just wrong.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2013, 06:29 PM
This got me thinking, though. From Lafayette, you drive . . .

- "Up" to Colgate or Cornell

- "Out" to Bucknell

- "Over" to Princeton or Lehigh

- "Down" to Penn

- "In" to Fordham or Columbia

Anything else is just wrong.

We only go upta' camp

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I know you guys are joking for the most part but I'm a current student in the engineering college so please stop trying to make fun of our academic standards, it's not appreciated and it also makes you look like an asshole.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 06:51 PM
We only go upta' camp

Understood. But as you must have surmised, we're a directional school. xcoolx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2013, 06:56 PM
I know you guys are joking for the most part but I'm a current student in the engineering college so please stop trying to make fun of our academic standards, it's not appreciated and it also makes you look like an asshole.

You should try heading upta' camp once in a while.....may help you lighten up

Sader87
November 26th, 2013, 07:30 PM

"Stop picking on UNH.....asshole."

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 07:50 PM
You should try heading upta' camp once in a while.....may help you lighten up

After we head upta' camp, we goin' down the shore.

I was born in upstate New York (Schenectady) but I wasted most of my youth in and around Boston. But for me, "upta' camp" still means central Adirondacks. From there, it's "down" to Glens Falls and "over" to Winnipesaukee to visit friends and drink Smuttynose. Except in winter, then it's "back" to Mad River or Waterville Valley to go skiing.

I'm now convinced that I attended a directional school.

RichH2
November 26th, 2013, 08:12 PM
After we head upta' camp, we goin' down the shore.

I was born in upstate New York (Schenectady) but I wasted most of my youth in and around Boston. But for me, "upta' camp" still means central Adirondacks. From there, it's "down" to Glens Falls and "over" to Winnipesaukee to visit friends and drink Smuttynose. Except in winter, then it's "back" to Mad River or Waterville Valley to go skiing.

I'm now convinced that I attended a directional school.

Please use correct terminology a member of the Weather Vane Group.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 08:13 PM

Why not take a moment to fire a few salvos in return?

You could try, for example, "All that's well and good, but no one has ever heard of that flighty little coffee klatch you call a college. Nor will they after we're done with you this Saturday."

Or perhaps go straight for the jugular: "What the F do a bunch of cheese-eating, wine-sipping, self-absorbed Ivy sycophants know about academics in the real world? Your players get chauffeur driven to practice, fly first class to anything over 35 miles, and probably have their nannies still doing their laundry and wiping their butts. They all have private tutors who get paid to pad their grades and shave their nuts on weekends."

While I'm typically prone towards the latter approach, I realize that it might not always seem a courteous exordium at first blush. So go ahead, dig into the quiver and take a few test shots. We can take it.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 08:21 PM

I've evolved.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3760/si9p.jpg

carney2
November 26th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Carney2 and Bogie told me that the Pards are gonna win, so I'm backing 'em. Go Leopards! Make the PL proud of you guys!
Stand up for us losers.

Not so. That was last week. If pushed to the edge I might actually have "guaranteed" it a la Joe Willy. I saw a 2 TD win and it was a 2 TD bulge for most of the game.

This week it's winnable, but we are deservedly the underpups. I do not envision the blowout that many UNH posters are talking about.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Not so. That was last week. If pushed to the edge I might actually have "guaranteed" it a la Joe Willy. I saw a 2 TD win and it was a 2 TD bulge for most of the game.

This week it's winnable, but we are deservedly the underpups. I do not envision the blowout that many UNH posters are talking about.

I called it UNH 31 Lafayette 16 in the Bracket Challenge. Just being realistic. I'm not convinced at all that the Pard OL is going to be able to make enough daylight for Ross Scheuerman to be effective inside, let alone Marcellus Irving. If we're limited to Frankosauring around the edge they'll be able to blanket our receivers; it'll look like the NDSU game. Our hope is that Reed can get those quick throws on the slant routes and that the bubble screens get the blocking they need. If Reed is on form and doesn't have another four-pick game, then UNH will have to loosen up the middle a bit.

I suspect that UNH will try to do a bit of Princeton on our D after they watch THAT film. Hurry it up and slam it down our throats - QB included. Remember, we couldn't even stop Sacred Heart before it was too late. The fact that we kept Fordham's Koonce and Lehigh's Sherman in check is a big plus, though - Our D plays much better when the offense actually decides to come out of the locker room at the half.

dwtime
November 26th, 2013, 09:17 PM

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 10:56 PM
The ESPN3 team in Durham this weekend will be:

PxP - Wayne Randazzo

Color - John Gregory

Sideline - Cat Whitehill

I thought for sure they'd give us Beth Mowins.

Southsider
November 27th, 2013, 06:19 AM
I called it UNH 31 Lafayette 16 in the Bracket Challenge. Just being realistic. I'm not convinced at all that the Pard OL is going to be able to make enough daylight for Ross Scheuerman to be effective inside, let alone Marcellus Irving. If we're limited to Frankosauring around the edge they'll be able to blanket our receivers; it'll look like the NDSU game. Our hope is that Reed can get those quick throws on the slant routes and that the bubble screens get the blocking they need. If Reed is on form and doesn't have another four-pick game, then UNH will have to loosen up the middle a bit.

I suspect that UNH will try to do a bit of Princeton on our D after they watch THAT film. Hurry it up and slam it down our throats - QB included. Remember, we couldn't even stop Sacred Heart before it was too late. The fact that we kept Fordham's Koonce and Lehigh's Sherman in check is a big plus, though - Our D plays much better when the offense actually decides to come out of the locker room at the half.

In check? He ran for 141 yards.......he just didn't have any help.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 06:36 AM
In check? He ran for 141 yards.......he just didn't have any help.

Keith Sherman started collecting the vast bulk of his empty Lehigh yards in the fourth quarter when we already were up 36-14 and we went into prevent mode. That's when he got his long TD. We had our third string RB in the game by then. I suppose he did have that one decent run earlier when you were only down 21-7, but his only real contribution was to recover one of your own fumbles on a punt return. And I just checked the score - we still won. So yeah, Sherman was held in check and he was mostly a non-factor.

Mattymc727
November 27th, 2013, 06:58 AM
An interesting match-up will be the battle of the lines. Whether UNH be able to run the ball effectively is key for them. The UNH offense goes on a tear if it can run the ball. Can Lafayette do the same, or will the UNH Dline bottle the run and keep Reed under pressure to make poor decisions? That will be the game right there.

One of my good friends from HS, and our class president, is a Lafayette graduate. My boy is "wicked smaht"

Lafalumni29
November 27th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Does UNH still run the same "O" as when Chip Kelly was OC? If so, it could be a long day for us kitties.

Mattymc727
November 27th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Does UNH still run the same "O" as when Chip Kelly was OC? If so, it could be a long day for us kitties.

Its not nearly as fast paced as when he was here. Its more of a slow variation of it. This years offense is much more balanced too. UNH has a very good run game. If UNH doesnt turn the ball over, they should be able to put up 30+. Not sure if Lafayette can do that.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 07:31 AM
An interesting match-up will be the battle of the lines. Whether UNH be able to run the ball effectively is key for them. The UNH offense goes on a tear if it can run the ball. Can Lafayette do the same, or will the UNH Dline bottle the run and keep Reed under pressure to make poor decisions? That will be the game right there.

The key for you will be forcing our running game to the edge and then to prevent RB Ross Scheuerman (#29) from turning the corner. You have to bottle up Scheuerman's inside runs first; he can be pretty slippery. If Scheuerman can't pound it up the middle then we'll try Greg Kessel (#48) who is a hybrid fullback and at 6-1/248 gives a little more punch than Scheuerman. Maybe even Marcellus Irving (#33) who ran inside at will against Lehigh once they pretty much tossed the wet hankie in the fourth quarter. We will attempt to keep up the inside running game to a fault all day long because our head coach was a 50-carries-per-game tailback in the days before the forward pass was invented.

We will best contain UNH's run if we study hard, key in on your tendencies and above all anticipate and avoid secondary blocks. We can be really good at this or really terrible; there seems to be no in between. For really good, look at our Fordham and Bucknell games. For really terrible, look at our Princeton game and the first half of our Colgate game. We've seen your boys Nico Steriti and Chris Setian play and believe me, we know they present an enormous challenge.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Its not nearly as fast paced as when he was here. Its more of a slow variation of it. This years offense is much more balanced too. UNH has a very good run game. If UNH doesnt turn the ball over, they should be able to put up 30+. Not sure if Lafayette can do that.

Not sure if we can put up 30+ on anyone. Too exhausted from putting up 50 on Lehigh. xrolleyesx

Mattymc727
November 27th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Here is an interesting tidbit about both teams turnaround that led to the end of season success. From the Concord Monitor:

"The Leopards have turned things around with increased offensive production. In their first six games, they scored an average of 20.7 points, but that number exploded to 37.4 in their last five games. New Hampshire’s turnaround has been more about defense. The Wildcats gave up 31.3 points per game during their 1-3 start, but since then they’ve allowed just 16.7 ppg. The crowning jewel of that defensive improvement came in last week’s win against Maine. The Black Bears were averaging 32.5 points per game coming in and had scored at least 19 points in every game before UNH held them to a field goal."

Mattymc727
November 27th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Not sure if we can put up 30+ on anyone. Too exhausted from putting up 50 on Lehigh. xrolleyesx

I understand Lafayette can do it. But can they do it in the dungeon (where UNH is 32-4 since 2007), against a defense that has improved over the last 7 weeks, and kept the #4 team in the country to just 3 points.

carney2
November 27th, 2013, 07:54 AM
The weather is looking better with low winds and sun. I don't know who that benefits the most, but Pards Rule and his moth eaten stuffed leopard should be grateful.

I'm taking the opinions of the UNH posters here seriously and I guess that the key for the home team is establishing the run. The key for Lafayette is the same as it's been for over a month - the freshman QB. He doesn't panic or rattle, so you can forget the usual "pressure the freshman" tactics.

I need the Pards to get it done so I can, weather permitting, get on the road for the next week in Maine. Lots of folks in my family who know absolutely nothing about football are counting on this. My favorite 8 year old is already looking for places to eat up near Orono. Shouldn't be difficult. McDonald's is fine dining to him.

GO PARDS!

Pard4Life
November 27th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Some red meat:

"Game time on Saturday is noon, and the game will be streamed live on ESPN3. The Lafayette Sports Network is not permitted by the NCAA to telecast the game."

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Saturday in Durham - Partly cloudy, 29 degrees at game time. NE wind at 2mph, low (49%) humidity, no threat of precipitation. It will be down to about 12 degrees Friday night so the ground/turf will be stiff.

Cowell Stadium appears to have a Northwest-Southeast configuration; any wind will be coming across the field from behind the press box and the field house behind it. Home side spectators will face the waning sun with their backs to the wind. Visitor's side will face the wind with their backs to the sun but again, the wind should be negligible. Sun glare in the fourth quarter, if any, will affect the team going from left to right as viewed from the press box. Looks to be an excellent day to throw the ball.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 08:42 AM
The Lafayette Sports Network is not permitted by the NCAA to telecast the game.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1130/92ri.png

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 09:05 AM
FCS First Round Sportsbook:

New Hampshire (-10) vs Lafayette o/u 56½

Fordham (-6) vs Sacred Heart o/u 67½

Coastal Carolina (-4) vs Bethune-Cookman o/u 70½

Tennessee State (-14) at Butler o/u 49½

South Carolina State (-3) vs Furman o/u 35½

Sam Houston (-12) vs Southern Utah o/u 47½

Jacksonville State (-3) vs Samford o/u 64½

South Dakota State (-6) vs Northern Arizona o/u 48½

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM
What happened you guys? Are you going to let those left coast dingbats trump your critical research?

http://www.ibtimes.com/cow-farts (http://www.ibtimes.com/cow-farts-have-larger-greenhouse-gas-impact-previously-thought-methane-pushes-climate-change-1487502)

NHwildEcat
November 27th, 2013, 11:47 AM
As a non-alum fan of UNH I don't give a fart about their fart research. Or anything really other than the ahletics winning.

UNH might have newer facilities if they had fired the bball coach years ago and used that money to put up a coat of paint once in awhile. I would even venture so far as to eliminate the bball program entirely. Yes, in case you Lafayette folks were wondering there is varsity bball at UNH. They just never win so it may come as a surprise to some.

NHwildEcat
November 27th, 2013, 11:47 AM
^^sorry for the rant...just tired of a sad program

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2013, 11:48 AM
The weather is looking better with low winds and sun. I don't know who that benefits the most, but Pards Rule and his moth eaten stuffed leopard should be grateful.

I'm taking the opinions of the UNH posters here seriously and I guess that the key for the home team is establishing the run. The key for Lafayette is the same as it's been for over a month - the freshman QB. He doesn't panic or rattle, so you can forget the usual "pressure the freshman" tactics.

I need the Pards to get it done so I can, weather permitting, get on the road for the next week in Maine. Lots of folks in my family who know absolutely nothing about football are counting on this. My favorite 8 year old is already looking for places to eat up near Orono. Shouldn't be difficult. McDonald's is fine dining to him.

GO PARDS!

Yes I will be grateful. Ready for departure on Friday at 2:15. US Air 3708 PHL>BOS. Meeting a UNH alum for dinner. Pard to be a carry on! He doesn't like overhead bins so he will be under the seat.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I think the issue at UNH is that they're just a bunch of frugal yankees - socially open-minded but fiscally as tight-clenched as a cow sphincter in an anthropogenic emission collection. My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the State of New Hampshire does not fund construction of residential dormitories or athletic facilities; that everything has to come from tuition or private donations. On top of that, the State caps tuition and student fees. In fact, I believe that the New Hampshire State Motto is, "It'll Do."

UNH does an amazing job of attracting out-of-state students. It's very impressive. I think I read that a New Hampshire resident actually applied a couple of years ago - but he didn't get in. xrolleyesx

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 12:06 PM
As a non-alum fan of UNH I don't give a fart about their fart research. Or anything really other than the athletics winning.

It's all about football and the playoffs this week, of course. But I do think that farting cows make for a funny diversion.

NHwildEcat
November 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM
It's all about football and the playoffs this week, of course. But I do think that farting cows make for a funny diversion.

Understood. You're **** stinks too...maybe after the cows, UNH will come study your gas patterns.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Understood. You're **** stinks too...maybe after the cows, UNH will come study your gas patterns.

You'd have to go over to Lehigh first to get a baseline. The stench over there is the basis from which all known sub-stenches are derived.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Keith Sherman started collecting the vast bulk of his empty Lehigh yards in the fourth quarter when we already were up 36-14 and we went into prevent mode. That's when he got his long TD. We had our third string RB in the game by then. I suppose he did have that one decent run earlier when you were only down 21-7, but his only real contribution was to recover one of your own fumbles on a punt return. And I just checked the score - we still won. So yeah, Sherman was held in check and he was mostly a non-factor.

What game were you watching? That 13 yard TD on 4th-and-2 I think put him over 100 yards on the afternoon, and with the XP cut the deficit to 8.

Franks Tanks
November 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
What game were you watching? That 13 yard TD on 4th-and-2 I think put him over 100 yards on the afternoon, and with the XP cut the deficit to 8.

And we then scored two more TD's before handing the ball off to our 3rd string RB for half of the 4th quarter.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2013, 01:25 PM
And we then scored two more TD's before handing the ball off to our 3rd string RB for half of the 4th quarter.

All true, but trying to characterize Sherman's game as just running up empty yards after the game was out of hand is a vast mischaracterization. He was propping up the offense, and doing a damned good job of it.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 01:27 PM

. . . . who then proceeded to plow through the middle of Team Toxicity's D-Line for 6-7 yards at a clip.

I think Lehigh is the new Georgetown. xwhistlex

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 01:28 PM
doing a damned good job of it.

And the final score shows it, too.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2013, 01:29 PM
. . . . who then proceeded to plow through the middle of Team Toxicity's D-Line for 6-7 yards at a clip.

I think Lehigh is the new Georgetown. xwhistlex

Are you referring to Marcellus "Shale" Irving?

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Are you referring to Marcellus "Shale" Irving?

Yes . . . but "Shale?"

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Yes . . . but "Shale?"

Love it! Its my twist on the Marcellus Shale Formation underlying a lot of NEPA and Upstate NY which is being fracked. Shale of course is a hard rock and so it needs to be fracked. Hence my anointment of Mr. Irving as "Shale"

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Love it! Its my twist on the Marcellus Shale Formation underlying a lot of NEPA and Upstate NY which is being fracked. Shale of course is a hard rock and so it needs to be fracked. Hence my anointment of Mr. Irving as "Shale"

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4009/s5nn.png

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2013, 02:13 PM
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4009/s5nn.png

PERFECT! HAHA somehow I think this name will catch on with his peers!!!

Sader87
November 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM
As a non-alum fan of UNH I don't give a fart about their fart research. Or anything really other than the ahletics winning.

UNH might have newer facilities if they had fired the bball coach years ago and used that money to put up a coat of paint once in awhile. I would even venture so far as to eliminate the bball program entirely. Yes, in case you Lafayette folks were wondering there is varsity bball at UNH. They just never win so it may come as a surprise to some.

Actually, HC hoop is at UNH Saturday night....thought about catching both of these games but work/family obligations here beckoned.

carney2
November 27th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Bogie, you've been a one man wrecking crew on this one.Thanks for all the effort.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Bogie, you've been a one man wrecking crew on this one.Thanks for all the effort.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9268/2ah7.png

Southsider
November 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM

If you follow the Pards fans posts you'll see that they like to make up their own facts. On Monday on their Fan Forum they talked about UNH fans talking about a blowout of the Pards on Sat. After checking the UNH site I found no such posts. It's painfully clear they suffer from "Little Man Syndrome"

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 05:48 PM
If you follow the Pards fans posts you'll see that they like to make up their own facts. On Monday on their Fan Forum they talked about UNH fans talking about a blowout of the Pards on Sat. After checking the UNH site I found no such posts. It's painfully clear they suffer from "Little Man Syndrome"

DID YOU KNOW . . .

Asa Packer was only 5' 1¼" tall. As the Recording Secretary of the Lower Bethlehem Garden Society, he was affectionately known there as the "Littlest Member." Packer's "endowment" ensures that generations of new students admitted to Lehigh University bear his likeness, year in and year out.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2013, 06:07 PM

There was one forecasting a 38-10 rout I do believe.

- - - Updated - - -

There was one forecasting a 38-10 rout I do believe.

And I'm on there and everytime I clicked on it the "Recruiting 2014" thread bested the "Lafayette" one. Should I read anything into that?

dwtime
November 27th, 2013, 06:51 PM

Yeah but they beat UMass when Julius Erving played for them, I was at that game!

Bogus Megapardus
November 28th, 2013, 04:11 AM
"Lafayette will not get on the field until Saturday because the Friday practice time it was offered would have meant leaving Easton about 5 a.m. Friday. So the Leopards will stop en route and do a run-through on the Holy Cross field Friday afternoon."

Tip o' the hat to our brothers in Worcester. Thanks, Crusaders!

Lehigh'98
November 28th, 2013, 06:58 AM
After seeing UNH play several times this year (@ Lehigh and on tv) and seeing Lafayette's potential, this is a great matchup for Leopards. UNH has very little passing game, Pards good at stuffing run. While UNH defense is much better at home, they can be exploited, especially in secondary. Reed is capable of doing that. Home field will be huge in this one though, while Pards should win, UNH has proven they can in this situation. Tough call I'll say 27-21 UNH.

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2013, 08:16 AM
"Lafayette will not get on the field until Saturday because the Friday practice time it was offered would have meant leaving Easton about 5 a.m. Friday. So the Leopards will stop en route and do a run-through on the Holy Cross field Friday afternoon."

Tip o' the hat to our brothers in Worcester. Thanks, Crusaders!

Yes thanks to our brother Crusaders!! Is Air Bourger NOT ready for departure? I heard it is not departing?

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2013, 08:18 AM
After seeing UNH play several times this year (@ Lehigh and on tv) and seeing Lafayette's potential, this is a great matchup for Leopards. UNH has very little passing game, Pards good at stuffing run. While UNH defense is much better at home, they can be exploited, especially in secondary. Reed is capable of doing that. Home field will be huge in this one though, while Pards should win, UNH has proven they can in this situation. Tough call I'll say 27-21 UNH.

Very fair analysis 98 - thank you.

UNH Fanboi
November 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM

Pards should win? Don't think so.

Franks Tanks
November 28th, 2013, 10:37 AM

Great contribution to the discussion.

I mean look at what the vaunted UNH offense did againt W&M...oh wait...at least we scored 6 points against the Tribe xlolx

Lehigh'98
November 28th, 2013, 10:55 AM

Just going by what I've seen. Both teams are playing way better now. Just think the matchups favor them in this one. UNH is a one trick pony(albeit a good trick) on offense. Laf offense should be able to throw on your D. And I still picked u to win.

UNHWildcat18
November 28th, 2013, 11:54 AM

I mean look at what the vaunted UNH offense did againt W&M...oh wait...at least we scored 6 points against the Tribe xlolx

With both of our starting QB's injured, and without R.J. Harris. People saying UNH doesn't have a passing game is ridiculous. R.J. is going to burn any of your corners and open up lanes for everyone else.

lydiabixby
November 28th, 2013, 12:25 PM
I think the issue at UNH is that they're just a bunch of frugal yankees - socially open-minded but fiscally as tight-clenched as a cow sphincter in an anthropogenic emission collection. My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the State of New Hampshire does not fund construction of residential dormitories or athletic facilities; that everything has to come from tuition or private donations. On top of that, the State caps tuition and student fees. In fact, I believe that the New Hampshire State Motto is, "It'll Do."

UNH does an amazing job of attracting out-of-state students. It's very impressive. I think I read that a New Hampshire resident actually applied a couple of years ago - but he didn't get in. xrolleyesx

That said, there are 20 players on this year's roster from the State of New Hampshire, the highest number I have witnessed.

Tribal
November 28th, 2013, 12:56 PM
We've done pretty well OOC (we beat W&M last year), but need that elusive playoff win. This UNH team probably isn't as good as some others in the recent past, but we will still need to play at least as well as last week to win.

It is a good matchup for us. We did get some guys dinged up yesterday so that hurts the cause.

And how did this year's team do against W&M? Selective accounting of your performance, it seems.

There is no way Lafayette belongs in the playoffs. The first team with a losing record to get a bid simply because Fordham was ineligible for the PL title. I'll be surprised if they come within 20 points of UNH.

pards123
November 28th, 2013, 01:10 PM
And how did this year's team do against W&M? Selective accounting of your performance, it seems.

There is no way Lafayette belongs in the playoffs. The first team with a losing record to get a bid simply because Fordham was ineligible for the PL title. I'll be surprised if they come within 20 points of UNH.

Made an account just because this is getting so annoying. Why do so many people think this? Even if Fordham was eligible for the PL title, we STILL would have won the league. We BEAT them and thus own the tiebreaker. Both teams would be 5-1 in the league.

UNHFootballAlum
November 28th, 2013, 02:41 PM

Look at little closer at the W&M game. We moved the ball well, but made too many mistakes (penalties, turnovers). We were also without our Fist team All CAA WR. We thrown for over 400 yards against JMU. If we perceive your secondary as a weakness or you commit 8 people to the run, we will throw on you a lot. We are a well balanced offensive, although not as dynamic as in years past. The defensive improvement has been in the secondary. They are covering better than earlier in the season and breaking on the ball extremely well now.

Bogus Megapardus
November 28th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Made an account just because this is getting so annoying. Why do so many people think this? Even if Fordham was eligible for the PL title, we STILL would have won the league. We BEAT them and thus own the tiebreaker. Both teams would be 5-1 in the league.

IF the FCS field was still at 16 . . . . AND if Fordham was eligible for the PL title this year . . . . both Lafayette and Fordham still would be in the playoffs this year. The only difference would be that Lafayette and Fordham would have tied for the PL title - with Lafayette owning the tiebreaker (and thus the auto-bid) as you noted.

UNH72Plus
November 28th, 2013, 05:26 PM
First, enough whining and carping about the facilities. The game is still won or lost on the field, and when I was there last week it was still 100 yards long and sixty yards wide! Secondly, I noticed that Lafayette's resurgent passing over the last 5 games with their freshman quarterback has come mainly against four of the worst pass defenses in the FCS. Colgate, Lehigh, Georgetown, and Holy Cross are ranked 84th, 86th, 88th, and 106th. The only decent pass defense Reed has faced is Fordham (#23) who held him to 239 passing yards with 4 interceptions.

That being said, UNH will have to step up again like last week when they held Maine, who had been averaging 256 passing yards per game, to 220 yards and no TDs.

Tribal
November 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Okay, I stand corrected since it's all about conference victories. Lafayette remains the only team with a losing record to get a playoff berth. This would be nearly impossible in any other confetence because the competition in most conferences, top to bottom, is good and most of us play a FBS school.

I like Lafayette and thoroughly enjoyed my time up there but Lafayette has no business in the playoffs but that's not decided by legitimate performance but beating up on cupcakes. 5 wins....the AQ system is flawed but that's not the Pards fault.

pards123
November 28th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Okay, I stand corrected since it's all about conference victories. Lafayette remains the only team with a losing record to get a playoff berth. This would be nearly impossible in any other confetence because the competition in most conferences, top to bottom, is good and most of us play a FBS school.

I like Lafayette and thoroughly enjoyed my time up there but Lafayette has no business in the playoffs but that's not decided by legitimate performance but beating up on cupcakes. 5 wins....the AQ system is flawed but that's not the Pards fault.

Such sour grapes.

Oh well, the Seahawks made it in the NFL playoffs at 7-9 and won a round to boot. I fail to see a reason why the Pards can't do the same.

TribeNomad
November 28th, 2013, 06:30 PM

Hey, they got the AQ, and that how the system works. One can debate the strength of teams from other conferences, but the system says otherwise. The 'Pards made a change at QB, and have been on a tear since. They beat the powerhouses in their conference at the end of the season to get the nod. I wish them well.

Their RB and QB will be back next year, and we will see them in Wmsburg next year.

Fordham
November 28th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Tribe, what's your score prediction and what will you say if the Pards win?

ngineer
November 28th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Lafayette is certainly capable of winning this game, but you cannot "pick" them based on comparisons. Both teams have improved significantly since mid-October. I'm picking the Wildcats, but rooting for the spotted pussies. Looks like weather will be dry, but cold. My prediction is UNH, 34-24.

Pards Rule
November 29th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Lafayette is certainly capable of winning this game, but you cannot "pick" them based on comparisons. Both teams have improved significantly since mid-October. I'm picking the Wildcats, but rooting for the spotted pussies. Looks like weather will be dry, but cold. My prediction is UNH, 34-24.

Fair enough Ngineer. I will be there. Departing this afternoon PHL>BOS on US Air 3708. Go Pards!

RichH2
November 29th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Good luck and safe travel PR

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 07:24 AM

Thanks, Rich. According the Twitter, the buses are loaded and they're on their way.

Pards Rule
November 29th, 2013, 07:34 AM

Thanks Rich - meeting a UNH alum for dinner. I make friends fast!

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Frank Tavani (with G Max Ngolla, TE Anthony Baker and WR Mark Ross):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iD8TwIAaUI&feature=share&list=UUsP7g2XOgcerV6GXpjmSS5w&index=4

CFBfan
November 29th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Frank Tavani (with G Max Ngolla, TE Anthony Baker and WR Mark Ross):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iD8TwIAaUI&feature=share&list=UUsP7g2XOgcerV6GXpjmSS5w&index=4

does anyone remember that old cartoon character "Simon Bar-Sinister" ??

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Tavani invokes Chip Kelly (at :59) -

http://youtu.be/MsLtRkDhbKI

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 09:10 AM
does anyone remember that old cartoon character "Simon Bar-Sinister" ??

http://www.framingthedialogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/simon-bar-Sinister.jpg

This is why the Pards are the "Underdog."

CFBfan
November 29th, 2013, 09:22 AM
http://www.framingthedialogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/simon-bar-Sinister.jpg

This is why the Pards are the "Underdog."

well played !!!

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 09:36 AM
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9254/8gmk.png

All the jokes were just that, Wildcat fans. Well done, and well-deserved! xbowx xbowx xbowx

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 09:43 AM
well played !!!

A "Barre Sinister" or left-handed bar across a heraldry crest/shield traditionally denoted the illegitimacy of the house - i.e., that the family is of royal heritage but borne of a mistress or consort. Hence "Simon Bar Sinister" probably was the animator's crafty inside joke - "Simon the Bastard."

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Possibility of a Wildcat collapse Saturday afternoon - literally. :D

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9179/8rb9.png

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 12:35 PM
`

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6783/w2df.png

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 01:30 PM
`

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8063/pc07.png

Sader87
November 29th, 2013, 01:53 PM
You cease to amaze Bogey....loved Underdog as a kid and never knew of the Simon Bar Sinister derivation until today.

Mattymc727
November 29th, 2013, 02:11 PM
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131129/SPORTS22/131129196

Little bit more about the UNH turnaround.

Fordham
November 29th, 2013, 06:27 PM
You cease to amaze Bogey....loved Underdog as a kid and never knew of the Simon Bar Sinister derivation until today.
Isn't it that he NEVER ceases to amaze, or are you not as impressed with with level of trash talking Bogie has turned this thread into as I am? I think Yogi Berra used to say that 1/3 of football is offense , 1/3 defense, 1/3 special teams ... and the other 1/3 is AGS trash talking before a playoff game. If he's right, the Pards are trouncing UNH at halftime.

4 degrees pic is classic as well!

ngineer
November 29th, 2013, 07:37 PM
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8063/pc07.png

Underdog eerily looks like the brother of Dan Weiss!!

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Isn't it that he NEVER ceases to amaze, or are you not as impressed with with level of trash talking Bogie has turned this thread into as I am? I think Yogi Berra used to say that 1/3 of football is offense , 1/3 defense, 1/3 special teams ... and the other 1/3 is AGS trash talking before a playoff game. If he's right, the Pards are trouncing UNH at halftime.

I never said we'd win. xsmhx

In fact, the line has moved to 15½. Folks out there are pretty sure we're gonna get killed. But, Fordham, I did pick the Rams in the Bracket Challenge to go deep.

But win or lose, why not make this afterthought of an FCS playoff game the Most Interesting pre-game banter on AGS. Which, of course, could to another potential waste-of-time graphic. "I don't always make the playoffs with a losing record. But when I do . . . . "

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2013, 08:48 PM
OK, so I caved and I did it anyhow.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4107/up8i.png

Now, someone has to help me finish it. UNH fans? Lehigh stalkers? MplsBison? Anyone?

Sader87
November 29th, 2013, 10:19 PM

You are quite right, I humbly stand corrected....too much Turkey (and other potent potables) yesterday, not on my game.

Torn about this game. I have come to respect and enjoy this Lafayette team and their faithful followers but I also have one of my favorite former student-athletes (#81 Mello) playing for UNH. Hoping for a good, hard-fought, close game.

Go...gate
November 30th, 2013, 12:48 AM
See that? We suck so bad we can't even count either. If I were UNH, I'd just pencil this one in and start getting ready for Maine right now. Let the kids go home for Thanksgiving. You don't need to practice. Gonna be a picnic.

And (gasp!) you lost to COLGATE, of all teams! The team that was held together with baling wire and paper clips! The Columbia of the Patriot League! My goodness, Lafayette, why even show up at UNH tomorrow?

P.S. GO PARDS!!!!

Go...gate
November 30th, 2013, 12:55 AM

Sounds like a hell of an idea to fiscally conservative me.

UNH may be in the Patriot League one of these days for football.

Pards Rule
November 30th, 2013, 06:38 AM
In the Microtel Inn in Dover NH where it is a brisk 14 degrees at 7AM. Wow 15 points and climbing? Go Pards!

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 06:44 AM
I hope to wake up in time to catch this one! Go Pards!

Pards Rule
November 30th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Better Manchester NH Union-Leader link: http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131127/SPORTS22/131129367/1038/SPORTS22

- - - Updated - - -

I hope to wake up in time to catch this one! Go Pards!

Thanks 26!! Damn dude, this is Fargo weather!

RichH2
November 30th, 2013, 07:35 AM
In the Microtel Inn in Dover NH where it is a brisk 14 degrees at 7AM. Wow 15 points and climbing? Go Pards!
Just a brisk day.
You're not far from my old home town Effingham Falls up on Lake Ossippee. Good game today. Best of luck.

Fordham
November 30th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Go get 'em Pards. Good luck. Playing mistake free is huge for you guys IMO. No goofy turnovers or breakdowns. That's how things get out of control on the road IMO. Play solid and you guys can win this thing IMO. Hope Reed brings his A game.

Heading out to the Bronx in a few. Hope we are "on" today as well. I'll be checking scores while in the stands.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks again to our brothers at The College of the Holy Cross for hosting the Leopard practice yesterday, on the way up to Durham.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_player/9505812.jpeg

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_player/9505829.jpeg

Chu Chu Rah Rah!

WrenFGun
November 30th, 2013, 09:04 AM
That's really awesome that HC did that for Lafayette. Should be a good game!