PDA

View Full Version : To our SoCon brethren.....

cmaxwellgsu
November 23rd, 2013, 06:16 PM
It has been an honor to for us to be part of such a historic conference. I always enjoyed watching the Eagles play some of the classiest programs in the South!! GATA!!

citdog
November 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Goodbye Georgia Southern. I hope you whip fannies in the fbs.

GATA_Eagles
November 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
+1000. It's been a wonderful time building rivalries with the current members of the Southern conference. I have nothing but respect for these institutions

NCEagle2000
November 23rd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Gonna truly miss the rivalries...old and new

centennial
November 23rd, 2013, 06:36 PM
Good luck from NDSU

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
I'm not a SoCon team member, but we'll miss playing you guys. We had some damn good games!

Kick ass in FBS, okay?

ElCid
November 23rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
You got the last checkmark at the FCS level at the last possible moment. And thanks for the SOS boost! Good Job!

phoenix3
November 23rd, 2013, 07:09 PM
Goodbye Georgia Southern. I hope you whip fannies in the fbs.

Ditto

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2013, 07:32 PM
You will be missed and I wish you all the best GSU. A truly historic program at this level and loved the Griz and Eagle matchups.

TigerFen
November 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
One of my wishes as a Towson University fan is to see Georgia Southern play against Towson. Your a great program and I hope you make massive noise in FBS.

cmaxwellgsu
November 23rd, 2013, 07:42 PM
You will be missed and I wish you all the best GSU. A truly historic program at this level and loved the Griz and Eagle matchups.

Gonna miss y'all Montana folks too. I had a great time hanging out with Montana folks after the 2000 NC game, and wound up in Nooga with a few Griz alumni when y'all played Villanova. I will be rooting for y'all!

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2013, 08:43 PM
Good luck in FBS! This Bison fan will be rooting for the Eagles!

dgtw
November 23rd, 2013, 08:47 PM
I'm not a SoCon guy, but I wish both you and Appy the best of luck at the next level.

matfu
November 23rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
Enjoyed the rivalry and I think the world of Ga Southern. I loved my trips to Ga Southern and our two Championship games with you all. A class program in the past.

I think nothing of your coach. Monken may win football games but I hope he becomes a better person. He is a disgrace to the coaching profession.

CID1990
November 23rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
Farewell GSU, I will miss waking up in a trailer in Pooler with a 350 lb GSU coed laying on my arm with an old school satellite dish visible out the window.

You guys were a good, close match for the last few years, and it was good to have you in the greatest FCS conference.

Now go whip fannies in the Belch for a couple years and then get your butts to the CUSA or something

GATA_Eagles
November 23rd, 2013, 09:40 PM
Farewell GSU, I will miss waking up in a trailer in Pooler with a 350 lb GSU coed laying on my arm with an old school satellite dish visible out the window.

You guys were a good, close match for the last few years, and it was good to have you in the greatest FCS conference.

Now go whip fannies in the Belch for a couple years and then get your butts to the CUSA or something

We'll see you in 2015 xtroublex

cmaxwellgsu
November 23rd, 2013, 09:45 PM

Not that we have many 350 lb co-eds, but it's still a better landing pad for your dick than a fellow knob's ass. xsmiley_wix Kidding aside, best of luck to The Citadel going forward. I've had some Citadel co-workers in the past, and y'all are good people.

BullDog85
November 23rd, 2013, 10:33 PM
Good luck GSU in the belch.Always hated playing you guys, but not really hated you. Hated Marshall U with a passion and still do because they suck and so do their fans. Glad we are not u having to travel half way across the country to see an away game...that'll suck major $$$.

Eaglesrus
November 23rd, 2013, 11:52 PM
Kind of hard to come down from the high of our game today, but it did strike and sadden me that this was the end of our last SoCon/FCS season. Lots of great memories, though. Best of luck to you all!

AshevilleApp2
November 24th, 2013, 05:35 AM
It has been an honor to for us to be part of such a historic conference. I always enjoyed watching the Eagles play some of the classiest programs in the South!! GATA!!

I concur with this statement, ya'll will be missed.

Twentysix
November 24th, 2013, 06:20 AM
It is too bad NDSU and GSU won't be able to play de facto National Championship games in the semis anymore. Because thats what that 2012 semi final games was, clearly the best two teams in the field in 2012.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 24th, 2013, 07:54 AM
It's been a pleasure seeing your team play in the SoCon. I wish your team the best in the Sun Belt (except when you play us).

T-Dog
November 26th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I'm out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/firstblood182/lawnmower.gif

Squealofthepig
November 26th, 2013, 01:36 AM
I'm out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/firstblood182/lawnmower.gif

The most AE but yet not-AE gif ever.

Best of luck to the Eagles and Mountaineers as they transition up to FBS - prove the naysayers wrong!

Also good luck to Elon as they transfer to the CAA. The SoCon is gonna look so different next year.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2013, 02:38 AM
The only quote that seems compelling right now is from The Dark Knight Returns, at which Batman beats Superman.....

"In all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you."

That's the one thing Wofford can hang its hat on this year :D

walliver
November 26th, 2013, 07:55 AM
GSU and ASU will be missed.

The SoCon will do just fine in the future but it won't be the same. GSU and ASU were the kind of villains you love to hate. Mercer and the Virginia Toy Soldiers won't produce as much intensity.

CofC is already forgotten.
Davy will soon be forgotten except when ridiculing their "football team"
Somebody else is leaving, but I've already forgotten them.
There's also some school in Greensboro that inexplicably isn't leaving.

PaladinFan
November 26th, 2013, 08:22 AM
GSU and ASU will be missed.

The SoCon will do just fine in the future but it won't be the same. GSU and ASU were the kind of villains you love to hate. Mercer and the Virginia Toy Soldiers won't produce as much intensity.

CofC is already forgotten.
Davy will soon be forgotten except when ridiculing their "football team"
Somebody else is leaving, but I've already forgotten them.
There's also some school in Greensboro that inexplicably isn't leaving.

Furman just played CofC in basketball, and I had no idea they had already left the SoCon.

ASUMountaineer
November 26th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I agree with the OP. While I'm excited for the future, it's always tough to leave the past behind. Best of luck to the SoCon in the future, and if you get rid of Big Bird, I think the conference could be exceptional.

To the individual schools:

FUrman: The only other SoCon team I hated. Always much respect.
WoCo: Ayers is a legend, and your teams often gave us more than we wanted. Respect.
Citadel: I hate the TO, but you gave us Citdog. Respect.
Samford: We hardly knew you, but you came into the SoCon, did the right things, and competed. Well done--respect.
UTC: Thanks for letting us own your stadium for so many years. To the real Mocs fans, I think Huesman is the right man for UTC, but the admin has to help him out. Keep it going.
WCU: I hate purple, we own the jug, and you got Brad Glenn. Life isn't fair, but our schools are Western North Carolina. I hate to see the history end, but best of luck and keep supporting Speir. WCU can become competitive again.

It's been real, SoCon.

eaglewraith
November 26th, 2013, 01:02 PM
The only quote that seems compelling right now is from The Dark Knight Returns, at which Batman beats Superman.....

"In all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you."

That's the one thing Wofford can hang its hat on this year :D

Wait who are you again? :)

SpeedkingATL
November 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Parting thoughts:

Furman-Thanks for the "Miracle on the Mountain" and "The Ingle Martin Skate-a-thon", not to mention Bobby Lamb, the most entertaining sideline coach ever. Glad he's back in the SoCon. Good luck in this years playoffs.
Wofford-Will always be the "Little Engine That Could". Ayers is a master.
Samford-One of the hottest games I've ever attended was at Sammy in 2010, and the first time I ever remember a stadium running out of bottled water. Congrats on the Co-Championship, now make some playoff noise.
Citadel-My favorite SoCon road trip and the one that I will miss. I will also miss Citdog and his many words of wisdom.
UTC-The 2004 loss at UTC was one of the wildest football games I ever witnessed. Thanks to UTC for hosting the 3 National Championships for App. I'll have to check in on Chattown every now and then. I don't know if there are any "Honey Moc" type dance teams in the Sun Belt but I will be looking for them.
WCU-I'm actually old enough to remember when the Cats had a strong football program. Hopefully Speir and his crew can return them to respectability quickly.

Best of luck going forward to all the SoCon teams both old and new. Some of my best times of the last 40 years involve SoCon football and hopefully the good times continue in the Belt.

OL FU
December 2nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Sorry I am late to the party. I, too, enjoyed your participation in the SoCon. Hate to see you go. (Even Elon, kinda sortaxlolx) Good luck in the future. Will miss all.

PS, Congrats to Georgia Southern on the excellent parting gift to FCS by beating the Gators.