PDA

View Full Version : GEOGIA SOUTHERN DEFEATS FLORIDA 26-20!!!

centennial
November 23rd, 2013, 04:16 PM
Did anyone else see that..? That was an exciting 4th quarter.

FCS_pwns_FBS
Last chance to beat an FBS team as an FCS team and we did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxh urrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhur rayxxhurrayx

Reign of Terrier
Welcome to the FBS GSU!

centennial
Wow, I just posted a thread at the same time as you.. exciting stuff..

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
No offense to GSU but this about how bad Florida is....

Mountaineer
November 23rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
GEOGIA SOUTHERN

xlolx

Florida is pretty terbs this year, but still awesome to see! Congrats Iggles! xthumbsupx

ElCid
Congrats Eagles! You did your school, the SOCON, and FCS proud!

Laker
I was watching the Minnesota- Wisconsin game and they gave the score at halftime. I turned to see the last three plays. Congrats to Georgia Southern. Huge win in the Swamp!

JSUBison
November 23rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
I was following that boxscore during the game, and saw your kicker missed two XP's. I thought it would come down to that. Your coach needs to use one of those extra scholarships next year and just recruit a damn kicker already.

FCS_pwns_FBS

Yeah...but they are still an SEC team with a good defense and we are banged up.

PanthersBlue
Nice job

frozennorth
Nicely done. I think I called this preseason.

centennial
FCS...FCS...FCS..!
Sorry was that supposed to be SEC?

89rabbit
Congrats GSU Eagles. Huge win.

ElCid
November 23rd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Don't let any naysayers take anything away. Florida is an SEC school. It was one of the better FCS wins over an FBS!

dungeonjoe
November 23rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Did your momma have an addiction to vinegar when she was breast feeding you?

GSU hasn't exactly knocked the lights out of FCS play this year either. But, they won!

Sir William
November 23rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Congrats GaSo! Way to say goodbye to FCS! And way to make the SoCon look good!

Big win any way you slice it!

kdinva
November 23rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Congrats Eagles! You did your school, the SOCON, and FCS proud!

xnodx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Did your momma have an addiction to vinegar when she was breast feeding you?

GSU hasn't exactly knocked the lights out of FCS play this year either. But, they won!

You just made my point. A middling transition team went into the swamp and beat the Gators. The Gators are reaching new levels of futility....

LehighU11
November 23rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Congrats, Eagles! A terrific way for a great program to depart from this subdivision. Best of luck at the next level!

marenlee
November 23rd, 2013, 04:26 PM
Good win by the Eagles! Don't care what anyone says.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 23rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Don't let any naysayers take anything away. Florida is an SEC school. It was one of the better FCS wins over an FBS!

This is what I'm saying. Remember in 2010 when Florida was struggling and still blew out App. State?

marenlee
November 23rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
429 rushing yards against that SEC speed xlolx
xbowxxbowxxbowx

citdog
November 23rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
You just made my point. A middling transition team went into the swamp and beat the Gators. The Gators are reaching new levels of futility....

yet you champion the Fordham win over temple

xdizzyx

paward
November 23rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Great win for GSU no matter what anyone say. Great way to go out. I say the Florida coach get the ax in 5, 4, 3, 2............getting beat by Georgia team twice in one year. You will never keep your job like that. Proud of the boys from the Boro!

Lehigh'98
November 23rd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Awesome win for Eagles and SoCon!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
yet you champion the Fordham win over temple

xdizzyx

What's your point? Temple football is a dumpster fire. If we don't get the on-campus the school should shut it down!!

dungeonjoe

No, the point I was making is that GSU won and the fact that you seem to have missed the sunshine and rainbows of an FCS victory over an FBS team. Take your how bad Florida is to an FBS message board.

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Congrats to Georgia Southern and their fans!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
No, the point I was making is that GSU won and the fact that you seem to have missed the sunshine and rainbows of an FCS victory over an FBS team. Take your how bad Florida is to an FBS message board.

GSU is a transitional FBS team so I don't think it counts. No one claimed GSU as FCS all year until now...

If you want to believe this is about GSU that's fine. But I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the talk will be about how "bad" Florida is, not the rise of GSU. I'm not saying anything you won't hear from every media outlet outside of Statesboro, GA.....

This is great win for GSU but it has NOTHING to do with FCS....

dungeonjoe
November 23rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
GSU is a transitional FCS team so I don't think it counts. No one claimed GSU all year until now...

If you want to believe this is about GSU that's fine. But I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the talk will be about how "bad" Florida is, not the rise of GSU.

i claimed them like a red headed step child when Wofford beat them. "Most of the talk"... When is it anything else when FCS beats FBS, except when Fordham beat Temple, right?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
i claimed them like a red headed step child when Wofford beat them. "Most of the talk"... When is it anything else when FCS beats FBS, except when Fordham beat Temple, right?

I could careless that Temple lost to Fordham, lol. We're terrible...lol

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
GEORGIA...!

Moto X

49RFootballNow
November 23rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Great job Eagles! Congrats!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Why don't you guys start attacking ESPN too?

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Kevin Ellison (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/532925/kevin-ellison) ran for two touchdowns, Jerick McKinnon (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/505844/jerick-mckinnon) had a huge score late and Georgia Southern stunned Florida 26-20 Saturday in what will go down as the worst loss in school history.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=333270057

Mountaineer
http://oi42.tinypic.com/x4ekqv.jpg

FCS_pwns_FBS

I'm not galled at that. They are an SEC team, and a major SEC team with a strong defense at that and they have never lost to an FCS school.

Southern Swarm
November 23rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
GEORGIA...!

Moto X

(looks begrudgingly at Bison fan)

screw it

...........SOUTHERN!!!!

cmaxwellgsu
November 23rd, 2013, 04:45 PM

Being a fan of two do nothing teams must be a major buzzkill....

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2013, 04:51 PM
Great win GSU and big congrats to your program on the way out the door. Really nice work and great send off for your program.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Being a fan of two do nothing teams must be a major buzzkill....

It's officially hoops season! Temple hoops>>>>>GSU athletics....

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
(looks begrudgingly at Bison fan)

screw it

...........SOUTHERN!!!!

This was one of the best cheers I've ever heard when we were in BDUBS with your fans last year.

Moto X

NCEagle2000
November 23rd, 2013, 04:59 PM
It's officially hoops season! Temple hoops>>>>>GSU athletics....

and your irrelevance in football is football is confirmed

Squealofthepig
November 23rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
For everyone's pasting needs (not mine, but I know I'll use it):

Original here: http://s22.postimg.org/5sax6xalt/14bq1k7.png

Apphole
November 23rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Great win for the Sun Belt Conference.

citdog
November 23rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
Great win for the Sun Belt Conference.

who?

Catatonic
November 23rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Somewhere Erk just lit a cigar and poured himself a double of brown liquor.

Congrats, GSU. UF now 0-2 against the great state of GA. this year.

344Johnson
November 23rd, 2013, 05:11 PM
Congrats to GaSo. Kinda a nice way to reclaim a wasted and disappointing season.

RabidRabbit
November 23rd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Sweet way to soar off into the sunset! Nice last hurrah as a FCS, and an encouraging start to being a lower-level FBS.

Congrats on the BIG W, and good luck to the fine folks in the Boro!

Skjellyfetti
November 23rd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Congrats, Georgia Southern!! Truly awesome.

Your team managed to do something Chattown's Tennessee team has failed at since 2003. xlolxxsmileyclapx

No offense to you, but shut the **** up.

Waco Kid
November 23rd, 2013, 05:20 PM
Awesome win by the Eagles!

dbackjon
November 23rd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Congrats!

Waco Kid
November 23rd, 2013, 05:22 PM

Seriously??? Nothing but sour grapes on your part.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Seriously??? Nothing but sour grapes on your part.

It is not sour grapes. Not at all! With that said, the Florida football program is suffering through its worst season in over 3 decades. I don't understand why people are so up in arms about the fact that this loss will be about Florida, right or wrong. The post game talk will be about Muschamp's future, empty seats at the swamp, losing to Vandy at home, losing SEC season, being worse than Zook. It might be unfortunate but this will be about Florida losing not GSU winning. I'm not trying to mean or nasty or anything. Just applying some common sense to the FCS homers....

slostang
November 23rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Congrats to GSU. Impressive.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
It is not sour grapes. Not at all! With that said, the Florida football program is suffering through its worst season in over 3 decades. I don't understand why people are so up in arms about the fact that this loss will be about Florida, right or wrong. The post game talk will be about Muschamp's future, empty seats at the swamp, losing to Vandy at home, losing SEC season, being worse than Zook. It might be unfortunate but this will be about Florida losing not GSU winning. I'm not trying to mean or nasty or anything. Just applying some common sense to the FCS homers....

just drop it bro. Your insistence on the matter is what makes it unbecoming on your part. And thus sour grapes.

citdog
November 23rd, 2013, 05:38 PM
So long Pigs Ass, Ga! Nice way to exit! Welcome to the FCS over FBS club.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I7CRUPGRor4/TxoNAGOqPxI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/7rF94p2WFpE/s1600/billederpigsjpg2.jpg

citdog
November 23rd, 2013, 05:40 PM

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/657767602/Weak_Sauce_Twitter_Image.jpg

smallcollegefbfan
November 23rd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Congrats to GSU! GSU and App are going to do well in the Sun Belt. This is a huge win for GSU. Should help in recruiting big time!

GATA_Eagles
November 23rd, 2013, 05:41 PM

We dressed around 50 players and a lot of our starters have been out by injury. McKinnon missed almost the entire 3rd quarter after going down. Injuries go both ways.

Bison56
November 23rd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Nice win GSU!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 23rd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Butt Florida!!! xlolx

Bison56
November 23rd, 2013, 05:53 PM
Butt Florida!!! xlolx
I was going to post that xbowx

Hammerhead
November 23rd, 2013, 05:53 PM
Florida was #36 in the Sagarin ratings heading into the game which is ahead of every FCS team except NDSU.

Scooter
November 23rd, 2013, 05:57 PM
WOW...GREAT WIN FOR GSU!!!!

Lehigh'98
November 23rd, 2013, 05:57 PM
Great sendoff for a historic FCS team. Couldn't have asked for a better final week.

TheDHC
November 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Heroic effort GSU, don't forget about us little guys when you leave FCS xlolx

Catatonic
November 23rd, 2013, 06:04 PM
We dressed around 50 players and a lot of our starters have been out by injury. McKinnon missed almost the entire 3rd quarter after going down. Injuries go both ways.

http://www.nationmaster.com/wikimir/images/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/00/Erk_russell_with_trademark_cigar.jpg/180px-Erk_russell_with_trademark_cigar.jpg

phoenix3
November 23rd, 2013, 06:08 PM
Big time congrats on your first BCS win! I hope it's the first of many!

GATA_Eagles
November 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.nationmaster.com/wikimir/images/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/00/Erk_russell_with_trademark_cigar.jpg/180px-Erk_russell_with_trademark_cigar.jpg

The smile on my face has been about that big the past few hours.

Drblankstare
November 23rd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Great job GSU. Great win for a transitioning program.

Don't care if Florida is down or hurt or whatever. That's a win in the swamp. Amazing

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
We were all checking our phones when we could (data in the dome is worthless during the game) for the score. Great win!

GSUwinsagain
November 23rd, 2013, 06:42 PM
As a lifelong GSU fan, I have waited so long for a victory like today. We can finally in our last game of FCS be a part of proving that
On Any Given Saturday, it can happen !!! I will always love FCS football and have awesome memories of great games in a true scholar athlete division.

CommishBigSmooth
November 23rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
Congrats GSU. A fantastic effort any way you slice it. Great job, still wish you were staying FCS.

gsu2583
November 23rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Today we are momentarily excused from all rules of etiquette. So...

**** lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Today we are momentarily excused from all rules of etiquette. So...

**** lehigh

It was a great win for the GSU program as they move into the SBC. GSU has not been talked about much on here since the season started. The first thing I thought of, which I guess I should be terribly sorry for, is "things are ugly in Gainesville". I did not look at it from an FCS perspective because I have not considered GSU FCS this year. They are not eligible for our poll and generally, have been out of sight. I looked it as a transitional Sun-Belt team beating a SEC team who has hit rock bottom.

I saw Muschamp's press conference this week and he really stood up for his players. After this loss he's as good as good now which might not be the best thing imo. I know about the Vandy loss at home, the empty seats, injuries, losing SEC season, now first losing season since 1979. That's what I thought of first. What a terrible person I am....

I even said "no offense but this is about the Gators" because it absolutely is in the world of college football. Don't hate me for that! And if you have a problem, start sending hate mails to all the major cfb journalists. Seriously, some of you need to get a grip....

gsu2583
November 23rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
**** Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
**** Lehigh

LOL, not Temple? We're FBS brothers now. Maybe we can schedule a football and hoops series....

citdog
November 23rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
It was a great win for the GSU program as they move into the SBC. GSU has not been talked about much on here since the season started. The first thing I thought of, which I guess I should be terribly sorry for, is "things are ugly in Gainesville". I did not look at it from an FCS perspective because I have not considered GSU FCS this year. They are not eligible for our poll and generally, have been out of sight. I looked it as a transitional Sun-Belt team beating a SEC team who has hit rock bottom. I saw Muschamp's press conference this week and he really stood up for his players. After this loss he's as good as good now which might not be the best thing imo.

I even said "no offense but this is about the Gators" because it absolutely is in the world of college football. Don't hate me for that! Seriously, some of you need to get a grip....

A lot of Georgia boys would love to shake hands with you....BRO

http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst014.gif

gsu2583
November 23rd, 2013, 07:21 PM

**** Lehigh

and

**** citdog

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 07:22 PM

That's outstanding....

I xsmhx at the childish behavior that is allowed to carry on here. I guess I'm just a little too serious.....

TigerFen
November 23rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Congrats to GSU. A great way to end your FCS history.

Apphole
November 23rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
That's outstanding....

I xsmhx at the childish behavior that is allowed to carry on here. I guess I'm just a little too serious.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIoMfVNVx4g

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 07:32 PM
LOL...now I know you guys are screwing with me...xlolx

Send the lynching crew to this guys house!! The nerve of the title xsmiley_wix

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24271095/florida-hits-rockbottom-in-loss-to-fcs-georgia-southern

Fordham
November 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
Congrats Georgia Southern! What a win!

Ginsbach
November 23rd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Congratulations Georgia Southern! As the others have said, what a way to end your time in FCS.

It's also amazing that they managed this without completing a pass. Great game!

eaglessoar20021
November 23rd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Man.... Shut your pie hole.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Man.... Shut your pie hole.

It was a great win for GSU! If nothing else, I could write for espn.com, cbssports.com, cnnsi.com etc with my choice of words xrotatehx.....

Serious question...would a win like this mean more if you were a Sun Belt conference member next year or a transitional team this year? I ask that because of bowl position, recruiting, conference association(SBC) vs. college football limbo and the fact you're still being considered FCS in most of the press releases. If I'm GSU, I don't think I want to be considered FCS today. I think it's selling you a little short. Remember, a 7-4 "middling" FBS team is still better than 7-4 "middling" FCS teamxsmiley_wix

There's a lot to this game from BOTH sides. Unfortunately, the one side is getting all the play...for now...

bullitt_60
November 23rd, 2013, 08:14 PM
I've seen a lot a FCS teams get victories over FBS opponents. It's nice to finally know what that's like. It's a good day to be an Eagle.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
There is at least some truth to what Lehigh TU is saying.

The narrative is going to be how much Florida has struggled this year and not a lot of credit to GSU. Never mind that GSU's offense torched the 15th ranked rushing defense in the FBS.

marenlee
November 23rd, 2013, 08:22 PM
I hope Southern wipes the floor with the Sunbelt in their first season. If Georgia State being competitive in most of their conference games this season is any indication, I think GSU's chances are good.

centennial
November 23rd, 2013, 08:22 PM

The narrative is going to be how much Florida has struggled this year and not a lot of credit to GSU. Never mind that GSU's offense torched the 15th ranked rushing defense in the FBS.
Agreed. Also we are claiming this one for the FCS, next year you can be FBS. For now you are the little guy sticking it to the SEC, that makes me really happy. Hope NDSU could play one of them as OOC.

Apps03
November 23rd, 2013, 08:23 PM
just got home from boone but we were following on phones the whole game. I hate you guys, respect you, but hate you. That said, CONGRATS!

DJKyR0
November 23rd, 2013, 08:23 PM
The question now is how this hurts Louisville's strength of schedule.

Kidding aside, congrats to GSU fans. This has to feel an awful lot like beating Minnesota does for us NDSU fans, though no question that Florida vs. Minnesota is the story of a celebrated program versus a sluggish one. Must feel good, and while I would have loved to see NDSU spank the Eagles out of the playoffs one more time I tip my cap to GSU and Eagle fans. Well done.

ElCid
November 23rd, 2013, 08:25 PM

Shack! Hater will hate no matter what.

cmaxwellgsu
November 23rd, 2013, 08:32 PM
just got home from boone but we were following on phones the whole game. I hate you guys, respect you, but hate you. That said, CONGRATS!

That hate and respect is mutual. Glad we're keeping this up!

cmaxwellgsu
November 23rd, 2013, 08:34 PM
Shack! Hater will hate no matter what.

proasu89
November 23rd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Great win! Now go to Paulson and rip up the goal post and carry it to the Chancellor's front door. That's how you celebratexsmiley_wix

cmaxwellgsu
November 23rd, 2013, 08:40 PM
Great win! Now go to Paulson and rip up the goal post and carry it to the Chancellor's front door. That's how you celebratexsmiley_wix

We'll need some App busses to ram it against first.....xlolx

Apps03
November 23rd, 2013, 08:40 PM

Agree, surely the Paulson goal posts are not still standing are they?

citdog
November 23rd, 2013, 08:45 PM

GO EAGLES!!!!! DESTROY PIZZAS!!!!

GreatAppSt
November 23rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Great victory GSU you finally managed to close one out with a W. It's a good day to be an Eagle indeed.xbowxxbowxxbowx

matfu
November 23rd, 2013, 08:54 PM
Awesome win and hopefully a sign of the future.

Ivytalk
November 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Gators got GATA'd!

Congrats, GSU!

clenz
November 23rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Don't know if this was posted...not reading the whole thread...

but...

In Georgia Southern's final game as an "FCS" school they get their first FBS win....s

According to sources on twitter

AppMan
November 23rd, 2013, 09:08 PM
Awesome Win! Really happy for the Eagle Nation! Great way to say goodbye to FCS. Looking forward to continuing our rivalry going forward.

straightshooter
November 23rd, 2013, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2056037]GSU is a transitional FBS team so I don't think it counts. No one claimed GSU as FCS all year until now...

If you want to believe this is about GSU that's fine. But I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the talk will be about how "bad" Florida is, not the rise of GSU. I'm not saying anything you won't hear from every media outlet outside of Statesboro, GA.....

This is great win for GSU but it has NOTHING to do with FCS....[/QUOTE

GSU played with 47 scholarship players according to reports. They might be in transition, but those scholly numbers are closer to DII. Fact is that GSU has been decimated all season by injuries and the kids who are having to play now and were on the scout team early in the season are finally learning to play together.

dewey
November 23rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Great way for the real GSU to end the season.

Congratulations to the team, coaches and fans.

Dewey

CID1990
Welcome to the club GSU!!

Awesome win over a SEC school.

Savor this, because once you are in FBS they won't be so willing to give you a shot at it.

Great job.

Go Lehigh TU owl
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2056037]GSU is a transitional FBS team so I don't think it counts. No one claimed GSU as FCS all year until now...

This is great win for GSU but it has NOTHING to do with FCS....[/QUOTE

GSU played with 47 scholarship players according to reports. They might be in transition, but those scholly numbers are closer to DII. Fact is that GSU has been decimated all season by injuries and the kids who are having to play now and were on the scout team early in the season are finally learning to play together.

Which makes it all the more impressive! The scholarship fact likely won't be printed by any major media outlet which is crazy! Trust me, I'm not hating at all! There's just a few folks that don't want to look at from a big time college football perspective!

So are the SBC AND SoCon fans claiming the win?

dewey
Great way for the real GSU to end the season.

Congratulations to the team, coaches and fans.

Dewey

GATA_Eagles
November 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=straightshooter;2056643]

Which makes it all the more impressive! The scholarship fact likely won't be printed by any major media outlet which is crazy! Trust me, I'm not hating at all! There's just a few folks that don't want to look at from a big time college football perspective!

So are the SBC AND SoCon fans claiming the win?

FWIW both conferences tweeted about it in some form or another

APaladindad
November 23rd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Congratulations GSU! Beating Florida is very special. Furman has only defeated Florida two times. Enjoy your victory now that your season is finished!

GATA_Eagles
November 23rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
Radio highlights:

http://www.chirbit.com/GASouthernRadio

centennial
November 23rd, 2013, 09:32 PM
If someone wants to see the game..
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3#
Look under replay.

eaglesrback
November 23rd, 2013, 09:33 PM

Thank you sir, Mutual respect. this is our Mitchigan! we will see you soon!

bisonranch
November 23rd, 2013, 09:35 PM
This was awesome. Watched the 4th quarter and loved watching the disappointment on gator faces!

Bisonoline
November 23rd, 2013, 09:35 PM
Congrats GS!!!!

paward
November 23rd, 2013, 09:54 PM
As if Florida did not have enough problems, There is a tornado warning for the state of Florida!

Warning: To all residents and visitors to Florida get go to the Swamp there is a zero percent chance of a "Touchdown" there.

Good Job GSU!

Bronco
November 23rd, 2013, 09:55 PM
Love it

Nice picture

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2013/1123/dm_131123_Florida_Georgia_Southern_Highlight/dm_131123_Florida_Georgia_Southern_Highlight.jpg

Tod
November 23rd, 2013, 09:59 PM
Wow! Congrats to GSU and all of their fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Nice finally in FCS!

BullDog85
November 23rd, 2013, 10:03 PM
Congrats to GSU. I hate the frikken lounge lizards from Gainesville.

chattanoogamocs
November 23rd, 2013, 10:08 PM
I don't care what kind of season Florida is having...GSU should be very proud. They walked on to the home field of a multiple time National Champion and beat them.

And the fact the GSU didn't give up when Florida tied it and had the momentum makes the achievement even more impressive.

cmaxwellgsu
November 23rd, 2013, 10:11 PM
I don't care what kind of season Florida is having...GSU should be very proud. They walked on to the home field of a multiple time National Champion and beat them.

And the fact the GSU didn't give up when Florida tied it and had the momentum makes the achievement even more impressive.

Thanks chattanoogamocs. Good luck to y'all in the playoffs! (and I do expect y'all to be there)

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2013, 10:36 PM
If this win happens August 30 then it is as big of a deal as NDSU's win over Kansas St. I still consider them about the same.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 23rd, 2013, 10:43 PM
I flat out called it.

ElCid
November 23rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
I flat out called it.

Yes you did. And I blew it. With how GaSo has been playing I thought their was no way.

GABison
November 23rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
Congrats Eagles, very nice win!!!

eaglewraith
November 23rd, 2013, 10:59 PM
http://youtu.be/2lzZ5xzVWS0

caribbeanhen
Great win now get outta here

eaglewraith

Lol Lehigh fans.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2013, 11:08 PM
Lol Lehigh fans.

It is a bit unfortunate that GSU is not getting credit for the win. Rather, it's all about Florida losing. Had it been earlier in the season like another posted said, the Eagles would be getting more love. Even if Florida proceeded to tank afterwards. The way things unfolded, it's all about the Gators losing. I've yet to see a mention of GSU's move to the SBC in any of these articles. I figured there would be at least an acknowledgement of that....

Here's another espn.com article...
http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/florida/post/_/id/18150/florida-hits-new-low-in-losing-to-fcs-foe

Eaglesrus
November 23rd, 2013, 11:23 PM
Agreed. Also we are claiming this one for the FCS, next year you can be FBS. For now you are the little guy sticking it to the SEC, that makes me really happy. Hope NDSU could play one of them as OOC.

And it should be claimed as an FCS win. Yeah, we started the season with a few more scholarships, but except for two guys who came as graduate students with a year of eligibility left (and one of those coming from an FCS school) the few additional scholarships went to guys who were already on our team. We played an FCS schedule (once again, congratulations to the four teams (all FCS) that beat us) and though we were ineligible for the SoCon championship our games counted in the conference's standings. Thanks for all the positive messages in this thread. Personally I'll continue to regret that our team is no longer able to compete for a national championship that is won on the field.

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 24th, 2013, 12:17 AM
GSU is a transitional FBS team so I don't think it counts. No one claimed GSU as FCS all year until now...

For any statistical purposes, etc. Georgia Southern is FCS. Our players will still be eligible for FCS awards, not FBS awards. Our school remained on the SoCon trophy. Losses to us in conference play counted as conference losses.

Squealofthepig
November 24th, 2013, 12:23 AM
It is a bit unfortunate that GSU is not getting credit for the win. Rather, it's all about Florida losing. Had it been earlier in the season like another posted said, the Eagles would be getting more love. Even if Florida proceeded to tank afterwards. The way things unfolded, it's all about the Gators losing. I've yet to see a mention of GSU's move to the SBC in any of these articles. I figured there would be at least an acknowledgement of that....

Here's another espn.com article...
http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/florida/post/_/id/18150/florida-hits-new-low-in-losing-to-fcs-foe

Holy crap folks! ESPN caters to the larger media markets!

You know what else you won't see in the articles about Georgia Southern beating Florida? Any mention of Lehigh. You know why? Cause it ain't about YOU, bud.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Holy crap folks! ESPN caters to the larger media markets!

You know what else you won't see in the articles about Georgia Southern beating Florida? Any mention of Lehigh. You know why? Cause it ain't about YOU, bud.

Lehigh might not have gotten mention but I did hope the SBC would get some pub. They could have thrown in a Temple reference perhaps. Just because...

As an alum of an FBS school I looked at it from that perspective. The reason? As I have stated before, GSU has not really been considered FCS on AGS, thus I looked the game as a transitional FBS team beating a once proud Gator program. Had that been the case GSU might have received a little more credit. Since they're being looked "down upon" as a FCS program, it truly is, "all about the Gators".

As I said before, I think the win would have meant a little more to GSU if it was either early in the year or when they were in the SBC. Since it's so late in the year all the talk has been about Florida. Nothing I said in this entire thread was "out of line" or "off base". If nothing it else, it was a reflection upon the sad reality of the big time college football media machine.

chattanoogamocs
November 24th, 2013, 12:36 AM
There is nothing better than getting paid over $500K AND give someone a beating on their home turf...all that was left for GSU was to steal the Gators girlfriends and cheerleaders on the way out of town.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 12:42 AM
There is nothing better than getting paid over $500K AND give someone a beating on their home turf...all that was left for GSU was to steal the Gators girlfriends and cheerleaders on the way out of town.
I think that should take care of itself tonight when GaSo is partying..

word
November 24th, 2013, 02:57 AM
So two team at the same level play a game, and they both have ****ty records and one wins. Why should we care? I know I know, Georgia Southern won the last 15 FCS titles and they were the big dog coming up to the big leagues.

Come on......they were playing a team that didjn't care, that didn't know what a triple option was, they just wanted to go back to the scorority house.

Yell at me all you want GSU...I mean georgia southern, we all know that GSU is Georgia State.

Stick to your sun belt board....

Just Kidding.....we miss you taking 3rd all the time......Go Old Dominion......

ThompsonThe
November 24th, 2013, 03:05 AM
This is what I'm saying. Remember in 2010 when Florida was struggling and still blew out App. State?
Remember when App State was struggling this year but still blew out Georgia Southern?

word
November 24th, 2013, 03:16 AM
If this win happens August 30 then it is as big of a deal as NDSU's win over Kansas St. I still consider them about the same.

One is a bowl team.....

word
November 24th, 2013, 03:20 AM
All the love to Gsu but get stuff straight...they are both struggling and you beat a non eligible team. Yeah, great they are in the SEC, so is Arkansas and they beat Samford. Samford beat southern by 10. No love......

ThompsonThe
November 24th, 2013, 03:54 AM
All the love to Gsu but get stuff straight...they are both struggling and you beat a non eligible team. Yeah, great they are in the SEC, so is Arkansas and they beat Samford. Samford beat southern by 10. No love......
Seems as if Georgia Southern eliminated your school, ODU, the past couple of years from the FCS playoffs. Guess that's why you have no love for GaSo.

Great win Eagles! Haters gonna' hate!

GATA_Eagles
November 24th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Seems as if Georgia Southern eliminated your school, ODU, the past couple of years from the FCS playoffs. Guess that's why you have no love for GaSo.

Great win Eagles! Haters gonna' hate!

He just needs to wipe the sand out from earlier today http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=333270153

word
November 24th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Other way around

word
November 24th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Good luck in the sun belt....

Catatonic
November 24th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Dang, fellas.

On this particular day a FCS (soon to be FBS) team took 50 players to one of the loudest, baddest venues in all of FBS football and took down the proud Florida Gators. Florida is not just another run-of-the-mill FBS team. Florida is resource rich, located in a recruiting hotbed, and is an elite member of the best conference in college football, a conference that had never, ever lost to a FCS team.

It's a good day for GSU. A good day for FCS. Be happy for the Eagles. Be happy for FCS.

Save yer "my team's win was better than yours" and "my team's win over a FBS team was better than your win" pissin contest for another day and another thread.

Just my opinion.

word
November 24th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Not so fast my friend...they haven't lost sine 1946.

I don't know what the big deal us, you beat a team in a down year. Yes they are Florida, yes they are in the sec.

For all it's worth aren't you fbs? Wonderful win, don't get me wrong. I just don't think it's like you beat the world and I don't think this did anything for fcs? Tell me how I'm wrong? Besides the fbs....obviously technically you aren't.

word
November 24th, 2013, 05:41 AM
And my spelling....

AshevilleApp2
November 24th, 2013, 05:50 AM
xbowxxbowx

Awesome way to exit FCS Eagles!

Catatonic
November 24th, 2013, 06:05 AM

I don't know what the big deal us, you beat a team in a down year. Yes they are Florida, yes they are in the sec.

For all it's worth aren't you fbs? Wonderful win, don't get me wrong. I just don't think it's like you beat the world and I don't think this did anything for fcs? Tell me how I'm wrong? Besides the fbs....obviously technically you aren't.

On this point, you are wrong. Headlines this morning online and in print all read Florida loses to FCS Georgia Southern (edited to correct my earlier blunder). Their win adds to the credibility of FCS gained earlier this year by NDSU and Eastern Washington beating BCS teams.

Twentysix
November 24th, 2013, 06:18 AM
On this point, you are wrong. Headlines this morning online and in print all read Florida loses to FCS Georgia State. Their win adds to the credibility of FCS gained earlier this year by NDSU and Eastern Washington beating BCS teams.

Do they read exactly in that way? Because Georgia State is a full FBS program that is horrendous. Georgia Southern, a storied FCS program known for the triple option., beat Florida.

gumby013
November 24th, 2013, 06:22 AM
On a related note, watching Lou Holtz say "Will Muschamp", I think I may have found a solution to all future droughts.

Eaglesrus
November 24th, 2013, 06:22 AM
On this point, you are wrong. Headlines this morning online and in print all read Florida loses to FCS Georgia State. Their win adds to the credibility of FCS gained earlier this year by NDSU and Eastern Washington beating BCS teams.

I've been loving your posts 'til now, but GEORGIA STATE????? Unfortunately, it wouldn't be at all surprising to see that headline somewhere this morning.

Catatonic
November 24th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Do they read exactly in that way? Because Georgia State is a full FBS program that is horrendous. Georgia Southern, a storied FCS program known for the triple option., beat Florida.

Time for more coffee.

You are soooooooooo right. I am soooooooooo embarrassed. Georgia State should not be confused with Georgia Southern, the real GSU. Atlanter is not Statesboro.

I probably had Georgia State on my mind since we (Abilene Christian) open against them next year.

Catatonic
November 24th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I've been loving your posts 'til now, but GEORGIA STATE????? Unfortunately, it wouldn't be at all surprising to see that headline somewhere this morning.

My profoundest apologies. I lived in Athens for 35 years, so I have no excuse for confusing the two. I should know which GSU has won numerous FCS championships and which GSU has never had a winning season.

DawnBTVS
November 24th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Big win for Georgia Southern and further proof that the SEC tends to sometimes struggle with Flexbone teams (see Georgia Tech's win over Georgia and GSU outscoring every team that played Alabama in 2011).

Yeah, they are going to the FBS but huge win in any manner and fun to know they ran the ball over 300+ yards against Florida, something that hadn't been done since 2002.

Catatonic
November 24th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Big win for Georgia Southern and further proof that the SEC tends to sometimes struggle with Flexbone teams (see Georgia Tech's win over Georgia and GSU outscoring every team that played Alabama in 2011).

Yeah, they are going to the FBS but huge win in any manner and fun to know they ran the ball over 300+ yards against Florida, something that hadn't been done since 2002.

eh? Georgia has dominated this series. Tech has only won twice in this century, and not since 2008.

McNeese75
November 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM
GATA Eagles!!! Great win xbeerchugx

CID1990
November 24th, 2013, 08:42 AM
That just comes with the territory. When an FCS beats a FCS it is always about how bad the FBS team was, how they made mistakes, how they beat themselves.

When we beat Arkansas we got a little love from ESPN, but the bigger story was how they fired Jack Crowe the next day. ASU got a little more love when they beat Michigan, but not by much.

But it matters, because it shows that we do play a good brand of football in FCS, and that for the most part, good FCS teams are scrappy, they never quit, and yes they usually lose these games, but they always go in thinking they can win.

Congrats GSU!

Now I have some friends who went to UF that I need to go heckle.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2013, 09:13 AM

http://i.imgur.com/mLLxZRT.jpg?1

PhillyApp1
November 24th, 2013, 09:38 AM
It was a great win for the GSU program as they move into the SBC. GSU has not been talked about much on here since the season started. The first thing I thought of, which I guess I should be terribly sorry for, is "things are ugly in Gainesville". I did not look at it from an FCS perspective because I have not considered GSU FCS this year. They are not eligible for our poll and generally, have been out of sight. I looked it as a transitional Sun-Belt team beating a SEC team who has hit rock bottom.

I saw Muschamp's press conference this week and he really stood up for his players. After this loss he's as good as good now which might not be the best thing imo. I know about the Vandy loss at home, the empty seats, injuries, losing SEC season, now first losing season since 1979. That's what I thought of first. What a terrible person I am....

I even said "no offense but this is about the Gators" because it absolutely is in the world of college football. Don't hate me for that! And if you have a problem, start sending hate mails to all the major cfb journalists. Seriously, some of you need to get a grip....

Please take your meds today.....we all see the days you skip them

Stop defending your position and stop being a D*ck

JMUNJ08
November 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Great win for the REAL GSU! Also, you denied Florida any chance of a bowl game for the first time in like 20+ years!

JMUNJ08
November 24th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Love the stat that this is Florida's first loss outside of the BCS conferences since 1988 to Memphis!

Grizzlies82
November 24th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Congratulations to our old friends/nemesis at Georgia Southern. What a cool way to wrap up your final FCS/1AA season.
Best wishes from Montana. Good luck in the future to your squad and Appalachian State with the jump!

tu_fan
November 24th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Congrats to the Eagles. The delusional crowd on the GSU Panther message board are quite upset about it. Glad to see the 2nd best team in Georgia get a FBS pelt well before the Panthers.

proasu89
November 24th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Please take your meds today.....we all see the days you skip them

Stop defending your position and stop being a D*ck

Lol! I was going to say something similar but you said it much better.

SpeedkingATL
November 24th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Just got back to ATL from Boone and wanted to say congrats to the Eagles for a great win. Most of the fans I interacted with at the App game were actually happy for GaSo.

See you next year. Great way to go out of FCS!

ming01
November 25th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Nicely done. I think I called this preseason.

i highly doubt that

WataugaDave
November 25th, 2013, 08:58 AM
If we can beat the team that beat Florida, maybe there's hope for us yet.

ASUMountaineer
November 25th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I hate Georgia Southern. I respect them, but I hate them (as it should be). The cheer in KBS when they announced the score on Saturday showed the level of respect between the programs. So, I will swallow my hate and post this once, and only once: GATA!

ASUMountaineer
November 25th, 2013, 11:10 AM

So salty.

ASUMountaineer
November 25th, 2013, 11:11 AM
It was a great win for GSU! If nothing else, I could write for espn.com, cbssports.com, cnnsi.com etc with my choice of words xrotatehx.....

Serious question...would a win like this mean more if you were a Sun Belt conference member next year or a transitional team this year? I ask that because of bowl position, recruiting, conference association(SBC) vs. college football limbo and the fact you're still being considered FCS in most of the press releases. If I'm GSU, I don't think I want to be considered FCS today. I think it's selling you a little short. Remember, a 7-4 "middling" FBS team is still better than 7-4 "middling" FCS teamxsmiley_wix

There's a lot to this game from BOTH sides. Unfortunately, the one side is getting all the play...for now...

So salty. xlolx

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Just thought I would give some props to Georgia Southern. Even though it was a bad 4-7 Florida team, it is still Florida, and an SEC Team. Congrats on a great win Eagles!

DSUrocks07
November 25th, 2013, 12:46 PM
This will NEVER get old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05h49R4QX9U

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM
This will NEVER get old:

Wow. That video is hilarious! Can you imagine watching film on that game as a team?

centennial
November 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM
This will NEVER get old:

BAHAHAHA..

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 01:09 PM
How did former four year Lafayette player Darius Safford do in the game?

Baldy
November 25th, 2013, 01:44 PM
He was amazing. Safford has been primarily used as a nickle, but both corners have missed significant time because of injuries this season. He stepped in for Lavelle Westbrooks and started against Florida.

This hit was a screen that turned into a 4 yard loss.

http://cmsimg.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DP&Date=20131124&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=311240030&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Florida-bowled-over-by-Georgia-Southern

He is going to be missed.

dystopiamembrane
November 25th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Who is Georgia Southern?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 25th, 2013, 02:05 PM

He has been a valuable contributor for this team, no doubt about that. I hope folks didn't think I was knocking the Patriot League when I brought him up earlier this year...I would take an all-PL player over most high school players who are basically wild cards.

THE HERD
November 25th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Congrats to the Eagles on a big W! So how about a little scouting report on your conference mates the Paladins, as it look like they will be making the trek north to the Fargo Dome. I guess I should say former conference mates.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 02:20 PM
He was amazing. Safford has been primarily used as a nickle, but both corners have missed significant time because of injuries this season. He stepped in for Lavelle Westbrooks and started against Florida.

This hit was a screen that turned into a 4 yard loss.

http://cmsimg.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DP&Date=20131124&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=311240030&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Florida-bowled-over-by-Georgia-Southern

He is going to be missed.

Thanks Baldy! He was a major dude for us and we hoped he would be here a 5th year..

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 02:22 PM
He has been a valuable contributor for this team, no doubt about that. I hope folks didn't think I was knocking the Patriot League when I brought him up earlier this year...I would take an all-PL player over most high school players who are basically wild cards.

I certainly didn't think so...He is a beast!

Sam I Am
November 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Great win Georgia Southern! You neutered the Gators!
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2013/11/25/b61e665c-33fa-4fb9-8bd4-13ec8cabd161.jpg

Laker
November 26th, 2013, 10:22 PM
If someone posted this already- ah heck, then look at it again. I had to laugh.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/733851_10201795215339651_479043592_n.jpg