PDA

View Full Version : Playoff ticket prices

putter
November 21st, 2013, 11:07 PM
Was looking at my order sheet for playoff tickets (if Montana makes it). Looks like they are going with $30 for all home games. Curious as to how this compares with other teams with hosting potential..

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2013, 11:40 PM
Was looking at my order sheet for playoff tickets (if Montana makes it). Looks like they are going with $30 for all home games. Curious as to how this compares with other teams with hosting potential..

Haven't seen anything on our end yet I don't believe, but I think they were $5 over reg season pricing last year per seat. (I will go back and see if I have pricing in my email from last year)

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2013, 12:02 AM
We're going with $35 for chairback, $25 for reserved benchback, $15 standing room and $10 for students. Not sure what we're selling Victory Club seats for but they're already gone.

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2013, 01:24 AM
I may be mistaken but I think playoff ticket prices are dictated by the NCAA. Or, alternately, perhaps it was only a limit on the maximum ticket price.
In Missoula the playoff games are always less than the regular season price and I guarantee that is not due to the generosity of the University.

Twentysix
November 22nd, 2013, 02:11 AM

At NDSU they are pretty close to regular season prices, student tickets are like $5 or $8, not much.

TigerFen
November 22nd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Towson hasn't announced their playoff ticket prices. I think they're waiting to see if they get one. Last time they had a playoff game, it was $25 for the game. There have been rumors that if somehow we get a home playoff Quarter or Semi-Final game, we would play it at M and T Bank stadium in Downtown baltimore. I shutter to think what the price of those tickets would be.

bluehenbillk
November 22nd, 2013, 07:45 AM
I may be mistaken but I think playoff ticket prices are dictated by the NCAA. Or, alternately, perhaps it was only a limit on the maximum ticket price.
In Missoula the playoff games are always less than the regular season price and I guarantee that is not due to the generosity of the University.

Nope, the only thing the NCAA mandates is a max of 200 comps. Students which many schools let in for free during the season are usually at least $5 per for playoff games.

The NCAA takes the bid amount the host school put up & then a % on everything above that number.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Haven't seen anything on our end yet I don't believe, but I think they were $5 over reg season pricing last year per seat. (I will go back and see if I have pricing in my email from last year)

At NDSU they are pretty close to regular season prices, student tickets are like $5 or $8, not much.
Yeah, pretty sure the single game ticket price was the same as regular season prices for all NDSU playoff games the last couple years. If you factor in how much paid for each regular season ticket as part of a season ticket package is was more expensive for playoff tickets but I'm pretty sure it was the same price as what single game regular season tickets were if you bought them individually.

Hammerhead
November 22nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
Last year's playoff tickets at NDSU were:

Reserved Sideline $30
Reserved End Zone $20
Adult General Admission $18
Youth General Admission (17 & under) $10
NDSU Students with valid NDSU ID $5

tomq04
November 22nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
EWU regular season ticket prices went up from $20 to $30 ($40 for the MSU game!). Last year the playoff tickets were $15/25 depending on seating (always free for students). With this seasons turnout i'm afraid playoff tickets might be higher. For the 2 games in December though we only had an embarrassing 5000 turnout, so maybe ticket prices won't skyrocket.

LehighU11
November 22nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
Towson hasn't announced their playoff ticket prices. I think they're waiting to see if they get one. Last time they had a playoff game, it was $25 for the game. There have been rumors that if somehow we get a home playoff Quarter or Semi-Final game, we would play it at M and T Bank stadium in Downtown baltimore. I shutter to think what the price of those tickets would be.

I really enjoyed the gameday atmosphere at Towson for the Lehigh-Towson game two years ago. That would be a shame to move the game off campus.

Couldn't TU put up some temporary seating behind either endzone?

rokamortis
November 22nd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Coastal's pricing is $15-$20.

TigerFen
November 22nd, 2013, 08:40 PM
I really enjoyed the gameday atmosphere at Towson for the Lehigh-Towson game two years ago. That would be a shame to move the game off campus.

Couldn't TU put up some temporary seating behind either endzone?

Not really at either Endzone without blocking the View of the scoreboards or being too close to Auburn drive. They're not really high up in the stadium. If they were higher up, they would be in the stadium. They can't do it on the most likely game they get (a First or Second round) Due to State High School playoff conflicts. They have moved the band to a section of temporary bleachers in the end zone and I expect that for the playoffs they would be there.

Red & Black
November 22nd, 2013, 09:38 PM
EWU regular season ticket prices went up from $20 to $30 ($40 for the MSU game!). Last year the playoff tickets were $15/25 depending on seating (always free for students). With this seasons turnout i'm afraid playoff tickets might be higher. For the 2 games in December though we only had an embarrassing 5000 turnout, so maybe ticket prices won't skyrocket.

Huh? There was around 8k for both of those games.

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Huh? There was around 8k for both of those games.

It was 5,000 seriously overweight people so it just seemed like 8,000 to you.