PDA

View Full Version : NICHOLLS STATE vs S.E. LOUISIANA

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 07:36 PM
NICHOLLS STATE....14
S.E. LOUISIANA......13 HALFTIME.....xeekx

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2013, 07:40 PM
Depends on which Nicholls team shows up...the one who beat FBS Western Michigan or the one who got blown out by McNeese, Sam, Lamar.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 08:00 PM
S. E. LOUISIANA....16
NICHOLLS STATE...14

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 08:08 PM
S. E. LOUISIANA.............23
NICHOLLS STATE............14

citdog
November 21st, 2013, 08:08 PM
Lions Place kicker is impressive.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 08:11 PM
S.E. LOUISIANA......25....BLOCKED XP...RETURNED FO' 2PTS!
NICHOLLS STATE....20

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 08:17 PM
S.E. LOUISIANA..........32
NICHOLLS STATE........20

citdog
November 21st, 2013, 08:21 PM
game on espn3

citdog
November 21st, 2013, 08:23 PM
38-20 Lions

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 08:24 PM
S.E. LOUISIANA........38.......MISSED 2PT CONVERSION
NICHOLLS STATE......20

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 08:33 PM
LIONS.............45-20!

citdog
November 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM
Bennett is VERY good

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM
Lions Place kicker is impressive.
Of course you would be the one to notice that. Man crush?

citdog
November 21st, 2013, 08:37 PM
Of course you would be the one to notice that. Man crush?

only on dback

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2013, 08:37 PM
They're a very talented team.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 08:39 PM
This game got away from Nicholls State real quick in the second half. Hard to get a feel from this game as to how good SLU is, because NSU is pretty bad. I'm still evaluating the Lions, but they are explosive on offense. Considering their resume, I'd have them as a No. 4 seed.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 08:41 PM
Bennett is VERY good
What's with you tonight?

Sorry, but Bennett is done at QB for the night. Barnett is now on for the Lions, who are turning this one over to the bullpen.

BTW, that was one sick-looking beard on pitcher Wade Miley of the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 08:43 PM
We still have a quarter to go in this one and its 45-20.

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 08:45 PM
Mr. Chicken, are you going to be down in Chester at the soccer/football stadium on Saturday for the Battle of the Blue?

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 08:51 PM
CAIN'T MAKE IT C.......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 08:54 PM
18557.....IT'LL BE UH FIRESIDE CHAT...ALA...TEDDY ROSEVELT....3:30PM.......BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM
LIONS 52-20!

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 09:10 PM
CAIN'T MAKE IT C.......AWK!
Your presence and countenance will be missed. I didn't know Teddy Roosevelt had Fireside Chats.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 09:13 PM
Your presence and countenance will be missed. I didn't know Teddy Roosevelt had Fireside Chats.

BACK IN DUH DAY....EVERAH-ONE...WOOD GATHER 'ROUND DUH RADIO......TA HEAR TEDDY'S WEEKLY SPIELS....BRAWK!

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 09:18 PM
Finally another score for Nicholls. 52-27 SLU.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 09:19 PM
TD......NICHOLLS STATE....52-27!

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 09:22 PM
And it is a final, 52-27.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2013, 09:23 PM
S.E.LA..................52
NICHOLLS ST........27....GAME!

GA'NITE LADS......xlovex....AWK!

kingranch
November 21st, 2013, 10:33 PM
If sela makes the national champ game, they are going to beat ndsu, I hate to say it as a bison fan but I have been watching college football for 25 years and this team is the best bcs transfer talent that is coming into its own I have ever seen.

kingranch
November 21st, 2013, 10:36 PM
my friends are going to kill me for that last comment, but I have been saying it for the last four weeks.

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 10:37 PM
my friends are going to kill me for that last comment, but I have been saying it for the last four weeks.

Ya I think you are being dramatic bro. Dial it back a tish.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2013, 10:38 PM
If sela makes the national champ game, they are going to beat ndsu, I hate to say it as a bison fan but I have been watching college football for 25 years and this team is the best bcs transfer talent that is coming into its own I have ever seen.

If they are a 4 or 5 seed(to me they seem like a 5 unless some upsets happen) we would be seeing them in the dome.

Nickels
November 21st, 2013, 11:24 PM
Honestly if NDSU is anything like they've been the last two years, they would destroy SELA. No question.

They barely beat us at home with all the help in the world from guys in stripes, our starting qb going down and out all american RB playing injured. And we aren't exactly world-beaters this year either.

LIONFAN07
November 21st, 2013, 11:49 PM
Honestly if NDSU is anything like they've been the last two years, they would destroy SELA. No question.

They barely beat us at home with all the help in the world from guys in stripes, our starting qb going down and out all american RB playing injured. And we aren't exactly world-beaters this year either.

Really stupid statement. You guys are very good. You guys beat EWU this year and before we played you guys called us wannabes. We are both very good teams and if Bell was healthy I would expect you guys to make another run.

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2013, 11:58 PM

Barely? We won by two TDs and left 10 points at least on the field. I guess since we're averaging beating SLC teams by 25 points, 13 points is "barely" a win. And to think, I would have settled for a 2-0 W.

Darlinikki150
November 22nd, 2013, 12:01 AM
I like having SELA fans on here, they are sassy!

AmsterBison
November 22nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
SELA has some incredible speed.

ccd494
November 22nd, 2013, 07:06 AM
SELA has some incredible speed.

I hope if they and Maine are the 4 and 5 Maine gets the 4 so SeLA has to come to Orono in mid December. Southern speed + freezing temperatures = ?

Sam_Kats
November 22nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Southern speed + freezing temperatures = ?

Cold BBQ & Lobster??

BEAR
November 22nd, 2013, 08:22 AM
I hope if they and Maine are the 4 and 5 Maine gets the 4 so SeLA has to come to Orono in mid December. Southern speed + freezing temperatures = ?

I lived there for 5 years... Orono wasn't as bad as the little Air Force base I lived at right next to the Canadian border or even Caribou, but there's a reason domes were built for northern teams. When weather is your ally, you can win some games, hot or cold.

ccd494
November 22nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
I lived there for 5 years... Orono wasn't as bad as the little Air Force base I lived at right next to the Canadian border or even Caribou, but there's a reason domes were built for northern teams. When weather is your ally, you can win some games, hot or cold.

Limestone?

BEAR
November 22nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Limestone?

We have a winner!

Sammy94
November 22nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
Southern speed + freezing temperatures = ?

Win in Bozeman?? Cheney???

Nickels
November 22nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Really stupid statement. You guys are very good. You guys beat EWU this year and before we played you guys called us wannabes. We are both very good teams and if Bell was healthy I would expect you guys to make another run.
I've seen SELA, SHSU and NDSU at least twice the past 2 years. Have you?

NDSU is at least a tier above anyone in the SLC right now. Slow you roll Lions. You aren't there yet.

ccd494
November 22nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
We have a winner!

Well, it's about all that was up there. Now it is a magnet high school.

kdinva
November 22nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
So, does the selection committee give SE La. a seed?

BEAR
November 22nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Well, it's about all that was up there. Now it is a magnet high school.

Former Eagle... right here! Always wanted to go to U of Maine... but moved. I'm vacationing there early next year. Beautiful place. I want the kids born in the south to see what real snow looks like. xlolx (derailment of thread finished. xlolx )

Nickels
November 22nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
BTW I've seen this group of seniors play no less than 50 times (starting about the time when your players weren't cutting it in the FBS), I know exactly how good this team is moron. We aren't a shell of what we were last year, especially on D.

Sammy94
November 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
So, does the selection committee give SE La. a seed?

Yes, 4 or 5 is my guess.

Sam_Kats
November 22nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
SELA gets the #4 seed

LIONFAN07
November 22nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
I've seen SELA, SHSU and NDSU at least twice the past 2 years. Have you?

NDSU is at least a tier above anyone in the SLC right now. Slow you roll Lions. You aren't there yet.

Well I was trying to give your team a compliment that I think is well deserved and you bashed your own team for me. No problem if that is way you feel.

I am by no means getting ahead of myself thinking we can compete with the Bison. This isn't last year or the year before and they might beat us or Eastern Illinios by 50 I don't know. I'm just saying I feel that IMO there are a few teams that can give them a game. They might win it again and that wouldn't shock me. But the Sam team last year was excellent but I watched the BearKats and I think they are better in a couple areas.

fmrbearkat
November 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Well I was trying to give your team a compliment that I think is well deserved and you bashed your own team for me. No problem if that is way you feel.

I am by no means getting ahead of myself thinking we can compete with the Bison. This isn't last year or the year before and they might beat us or Eastern Illinios by 50 I don't know. I'm just saying I feel that IMO there are a few teams that can give them a game. They might win it again and that wouldn't shock me. But the Sam team last year was excellent but I watched the BearKats and I think they are better in a couple areas.

They won't beat anybody by 50 but they will be hard to score on. Its like playing the Steelers of old. Hit them in the mouth, play extremely disciplined and dont **** the bed on offense. A team like SHSU, SELA, or Eastern Illinoise will do better playing in Fargo in the semi's than playing in Frisco. Bohl is damn good and when you give that staff a month to prepare for a team and players with that much discipline a month to see your team over and over you don't have much of a shot. Im sorry but as good as I think EWU is and as much as I've bragged on them if they don't step up the discipline majorly they don't have a shot against NDSU at all. The only two teams i would give a chance to beating them at this point is EIU and SELA but neither in the championship. SHSU is too banged up to have a shot this year IMO even if Bell came back.

Sam_Kats
November 22nd, 2013, 12:07 PM
This yr's title only has ONE week off...........and yes, giving a defense (and in our case, a DAMN good one) 3 weeks for prep for an option attack doesn't bode well.

centennial
November 22nd, 2013, 12:35 PM

SDSU 34-26 SELA
SDSU 0-20 NDSU
I saw a couple of your games on ESPN3 and every NDSU game. I think if NDSU played SELA the score would be in the range of 35-17, I just don't see your team doing any better than that.

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
SDSU 34-26 SELA
SDSU 0-20 NDSU
I saw a couple of your games on ESPN3 and every NDSU game. I think if NDSU played SELA the score would be in the range of 35-17, I just don't see your team doing any better than that.

We thoroughly outplayed SDSU and moved the ball the ball almost at will against them... They had a couple of big plays plus a pick 6... Game shouldn't have been close. We match up well with NDSU.... Not saying we would win but we have size, speed and depth and are capable of playing various styles.

centennial
November 22nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
We thoroughly outplayed SDSU and moved the ball the ball almost at will against them... They had a couple of big plays plus a pick 6... Game shouldn't have been close. We match up well with NDSU.... Not saying we would win but we have size, speed and depth and are capable of playing various styles.
Fair enough, a team like yours would match up well with NDSU most years. However this team is special and beats up on teams in the 2nd half, we even did to a good BCS team. Our offense is in my opinion much stronger than last years and defense is as good. You would have to burn us deep multiple times and force turnovers few times. Not saying your team can't win but it would be a long shot.

Wallace
November 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
... we even did to a good BCS team... Which good BCS team?

Squealofthepig
November 22nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Which good BCS team?

OK, Kansas State isn't Alabama, but you have to give 'em credit - if not for the win, holding them to 41 yards in rushing (versus their now-average of just under 200 ypg). We can quibble on what exactly a "good bcs team" is, but that seems pretty silly.

centennial
November 22nd, 2013, 01:10 PM
Which good BCS team?
K State is a good team, they aren't great but they sit at 6-4. Came close to upsetting Baylor and OSU. They can possibly end up 8-4 playing in the Big 12.
Sagarin - 23
What is good team? One that was in the BCS contention last year? or Florida State or Alabama?

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
Fair enough, a team like yours would match up well with NDSU most years. However this team is special and beats up on teams in the 2nd half, we even did to a good BCS team. Our offense is in my opinion much stronger than last years and defense is as good. You would have to burn us deep multiple times and force turnovers few times. Not saying your team can't win but it would be a long shot.

You may beat us, but it won't be because you beat us up in the 2nd half ... we're very deep on both sides of the ball and roll 55+ guys regularly throughout a game. We'll play 10 to 11 OL and roll nine DL in a three man front.

But all that aside, we don't even know who we're playing yet, and haven't even won a playoff game ... we'll cross the NDSU bridge, if/when we get to it.

centennial
November 22nd, 2013, 01:16 PM
You may beat us, but it won't be because you beat us up in the 2nd half ... we're very deep on both sides of the ball and roll 55+ guys regularly throughout a game. We'll play 10 to 11 OL and roll nine DL in a three man front.

But all that aside, we don't even know who we're playing yet, and haven't even won a playoff game ... we'll cross the NDSU bridge, if/when we get to it.
I could see you guys at #4 and meeting NDSU in the semi finals in fargo. Will look forward to both our teams making it.

Wallace
November 22nd, 2013, 07:36 PM
K State is a good team, they aren't great but they sit at 6-4. Came close to upsetting Baylor and OSU. They can possibly end up 8-4 playing in the Big 12.
Sagarin - 23
What is good team? One that was in the BCS contention last year? or Florida State or Alabama?

Fair enough...
#32 Kansas St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3731&s=199231) B12 6-4. Hint though, Sagarin is not a good measurement... check out Massey.