PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Outright Champs: NDSU

Vitojr130
November 16th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Averaging:

Offense (for) - 36.6 ppg

Defense (against) - 12.7 ppg

After what I saw today, I have no doubt this team will threepeat, unless some freak injury bugs decide to bite.

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Damn I wish UNI was healthy...would love another shot in Frisco

But we aren't and there won't be so...

xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Maybe next year for UNI. NDSU will be really good next year too.

Take care of USD to finish 11-0.

dudeitsaid
November 16th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Averaging:

Offense (for) - 36.6 ppg

Defense (against) - 12.7 ppg

After what I saw today, I have no doubt this team will threepeat, unless some freak injury bugs decide to bite.

Congrats to the Bison. Not surprised, and you guys are definitely the favorites. But I hope my Eagles have something to do about that threepeat.

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2013, 06:03 PM
NDSU just seems to be a step above the rest of the FCS this year. assuming they win it all, now you start talking about their place as one of the great all time teams in FCS. EWU, Maine, Towson & EIU will be interesting matchups if they play NDSU, but the Bison will still be minimum TD favorites no matter who they are playing.

Darlinikki150
November 16th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Congrats to the Bison. Not surprised, and you guys are definitely the favorites. But I hope my Eagles have something to do about that threepeat.

Unlikely since the BSC doesn't play defense. I take the Bison D all day long over EW offense.

dudeitsaid
November 16th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Unlikely since the BSC doesn't play defense. I take the Bison D all day long over EW offense.

Not surprising since you are an NDSU fan. And I definitely would still see NDSU as the favorite, but I would love to see that matchup. I think the EWU offense at its current state is one of the best in the FCS. And I want to see them play the best.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2013, 06:14 PM
NDSU just seems to be a step above the rest of the FCS this year. assuming they win it all, now you start talking about their place as one of the great all time teams in FCS. EWU, Maine, Towson & EIU will be interesting matchups if they play NDSU, but the Bison will still be minimum TD favorites no matter who they are playing.

Towson would probably give the Bison the biggest test. They run and pass well.

EIU just tries to outscore their opponents and Maine's spread offense is good but nothing that the NDSU defense cannot handle.

EWU would be a good match-up but they would have to run the ball. NDSU rotates 10-11 guys on the D-line so they would have a lot of pressure on VA. Plus, EWU's defense is mediocre. NDSU's offense is also one of the reasons their defense is so good. They keep other team's offense off the field.

dudeitsaid
November 16th, 2013, 06:15 PM
NDSU just seems to be a step above the rest of the FCS this year. assuming they win it all, now you start talking about their place as one of the great all time teams in FCS.

I've been thinking about that for a while. Maybe starting a thread on ranking the FCS all time top 25 overall football programs (or just top 10). Georgie Southern with their many NC's, App State's threepeat and monumental win over Michigan, Montana's record berths in the postseason, NDSU (esp with the threepeat), etc. I don't have enough knowledge regarding FCS history to put that together, but I would have to think that NDSU has crept into that conversation.

Texas
November 16th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Not surprising since you are an NDSU fan. And I definitely would still see NDSU as the favorite, but I would love to see that matchup. I think the EWU offense at its current state is one of the best in the FCS. And I want to see them play the best.
EWU couldn't compete NDSU D no question.

taper
November 16th, 2013, 06:30 PM
There's a reason we have playoffs. AGS.

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I've been thinking about that for a while. Maybe starting a thread on ranking the FCS all time top 25 overall football programs (or just top 10). Georgie Southern with their many NC's, App State's threepeat and monumental win over Michigan, Montana's record berths in the postseason, NDSU (esp with the threepeat), etc. I don't have enough knowledge regarding FCS history to put that together, but I would have to think that NDSU has crept into that conversation.

Since its all fantasy, I think they matchup better against running teams and teams that don't play great D. Some of the Marshall teams (1996 esp) would give them trouble I think. YSU's best team in the 90's are similiar to NDSU imo as they both play smash mouth football. I think they would matchup well with GSU's better teams beacause they can defend the run well, but GSU did give them fits last yr in the playoffs, so who knows. App St was a very athletic team during their run and would anticipate a high scoring affair. Delaware's 2003 team had an outstanding defense that would make for a very exciting game against NDSU. Not sure I would favor NDSU against any of these teams except maybe GSU, but would not expect any of those teams to blow out NDSU, they are too good for that. I know NDSU fans will probably disagree with some of this, but I expect them too.

dudeitsaid
November 16th, 2013, 06:34 PM
EWU couldn't compete NDSU D no question.

EWU is peaking towards the end of the season. SHSU seems to be fading. I don't think the early season game with SHSU is a good measuring stick for where EWU is right now.

skinny_uncle
November 16th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Congrats to the Bison. This is probably the best team yet. The three peat won't be a surprise. Running the table in the Valley is a rare feat in itself.

Houndawg
November 16th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Congrats to the Bison. This is probably the best team yet. The three peat won't be a surprise. Running the table in the Valley is a rare feat in itself.

Only been done once so far, I believe...

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 07:36 PM
More times than that...

I know UNI did it in 07...they can't be the only team

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2013, 07:43 PM

EIU just tries to outscore their opponents and Maine's spread offense is good but nothing that the NDSU defense cannot handle.

EWU would be a good match-up but they would have to run the ball. NDSU rotates 10-11 guys on the D-line so they would have a lot of pressure on VA. Plus, EWU's defense is mediocre. NDSU's offense is also one of the reasons their defense is so good. They keep other team's offense off the field.

Agreed, I think Towson would pose the most problems to NDSU in the playoffs. I think EWU, EIU, and Maine would also be capable of beating NDSU if they force the Bison into turnovers and can control the ball so their defense isn't beat down by the 4th quarter but, as we've seen to date this year, that is very difficult to do against the 2013 NDSU Bison.

Houndawg
November 16th, 2013, 07:54 PM
More times than that...

I know UNI did it in 07...they can't be the only team

SIU in '09, when did the Gateway become the MVC?

Houndawg
November 16th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Agreed, I think Towson would pose the most problems to NDSU in the playoffs. I think EWU, EIU, and Maine would also be capable of beating NDSU if they force the Bison into turnovers and can control the ball so their defense isn't beat down by the 4th quarter but, as we've seen to date this year, that is very difficult to do against the 2013 NDSU Bison.

EIU can beat anybody when their QB is on.

Red & Black
November 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM

Have you even seen us play? Hmmmm, thought not.

Squealofthepig
November 16th, 2013, 08:04 PM
EIU can beat anybody when their QB is on.

Guy even CAUGHT a TD pass today just cause he could. Their first quarter today was just brutal.

Red & Black
November 16th, 2013, 08:05 PM

We do run the ball. Quite well, actually. Thanks.

skinny_uncle
November 16th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Gateway and MVFC are basically two different names for the same league. The Gateway was always affiliated with the Valley. SIU ran the table in the "Gateway" in 2004, too. I'm just saying it is rare. UNI did it back in 1996, too.

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 08:30 PM

Conference didn't change anything other than the name. The old records still stand as conference records.

JayJ79
November 16th, 2013, 09:03 PM
when did the Gateway become the MVC?
the Gateway became the MVC in 1992
but the Gateway Football Conference didn't become the MVFC until 2008

the MVC and MVFC are seperate entities.

Hammerhead
November 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I've watched parts of your games on TV and the Eagles are very good. I'm still not sure if NDSU is that good or if the MVFC is down this year.

Since all we can do is computer comparisons for now, Sagarin has NDSU favored by 13 points on a neutral field.

Darlinikki150
November 17th, 2013, 12:33 PM

I have watched 1 game and yes you have a potent offense. However I think the run d is fair and would breakdown by the second half against NDSU. I also think the qb would be under much more pressure than he is used to, our D is fast. We cover the middle and the edges very well. We take great angles and gang tackle better than almost every team. All of that combined I think would mess up the qb and by the 4th quarter EW would be exhausted and we would pull away. Now its just conjecture on my part, but I know how the Bison play and I could see that scenario playing out more often than not.

Have you watched us play.....

Hopefully we will settle it on the field either in playoffs or the NC my friend. Kisses!

Twentysix
November 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM

I've seen 6 EWU games. It would probably be a good game. 35-17 kind of game. Also remember any scenario where EWU plays NDSU it is a home game for NDSU. We have all the Frisco tickets already.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I've watched parts of your games on TV and the Eagles are very good. I'm still not sure if NDSU is that good or if the MVFC is down this year.

Since all we can do is computer comparisons for now, Sagarin has NDSU favored by 13 points on a neutral field.

I have to and yes, they are a good team....one of the best in the FCS right now. But IMO, they do not have the defense to beat the Bison. The last 3 years there hasn't been a team that has been better than the Bison. The YSU and Ind State losses are from Bison mistakes...2 pick 6s and a phantom fumble with no one in 20 yards of DJ. Yes, that is part of FB but no team has beaten them.

The only team that beats the Bison this year is the Bison.

IBleedYellow
November 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I can't wait to play EWU this year. Bring them to the Dome!

maine612
November 17th, 2013, 10:24 PM
I have to and yes, they are a good team....one of the best in the FCS right now. But IMO, they do not have the defense to beat the Bison. The last 3 years there hasn't been a team that has been better than the Bison. The YSU and Ind State losses are from Bison mistakes...2 pick 6s and a phantom fumble with no one in 20 yards of DJ. Yes, that is part of FB but no team has beaten them.

The only team that beats the Bison this year is the Bison.

The whole "the only team who beats the bison is the bison" is frankly ridiculous. I think NDSU will win it all...but if any other team steps up and wins, that particular team just might have had something to do with it. There are some pretty good teams around the country.

Green1
November 17th, 2013, 11:04 PM
The whole "the only team who beats the bison is the bison" is frankly ridiculous. I think NDSU will win it all...but if any other team steps up and wins, that particular team just might have had something to do with it. There are some pretty good teams around the country.

This is true. There is a lot of football left to be played and a lot of things have to go right for a team to win a championship. NDSU fans have seen this team do some special things over the last few years. Fans of other schools will have to tolerate our enthusiasm for our team. :)

thebootfitter
November 18th, 2013, 12:48 AM
I agree that some of the NDSU posters are coming across as a little bit (or a lot bit) cocky. (No offense to Cocky if you happen to read this, Cocky.) However, it is hard to find much fault when the team on the field has proven what they have since 2010. True, there are some very good teams in the FCS this year. There are probably a handful that are truly capable of beating the Bison, short of catastrophic injuries or a major meltdown on the field. And even of those handful of teams, if both teams play to their full potential, the odds are in favor of the Bison, so the game is theirs to lose. That's probably a more politically correct way to deliver the message.

But as we so often proclaim, anything can happen, any given Saturday. That's the beauty of the game, right?

I think everyone on this board knows that it is possible to score more points than NDSU in a game. But history shows that it is not an easy feat, even for very good teams. The only times that it has happened since the loss to EWU in 2010 have been when NDSU made some significant mistakes that had relatively little to do with the play of the opposing teams. For any FCS team to beat NDSU this year, I think they will have to play a near perfect game and be firing on all cylinders. And even then, I believe it will be a difficult task unless NDSU plays short of their potential and makes a critical mistake or two.

There. I used a lot more words to state essentially the same thing. Am I missing the mark? Or would you generally agree? If you disagree with anything, let's discuss.

frozennorth
November 18th, 2013, 01:14 AM
i have in person (UND) and you weren't very impressive.

thebootfitter
November 18th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Queue the McKayla Maroney pics...

I was just in Spokane this weekend and was wishing that EWU would have been playing at home. I'd love to see an Eagles' game live, even on the painful red ROOSter field they have.

BisonBacker
November 18th, 2013, 06:02 AM
I agree that some of the NDSU posters are coming across as a little bit (or a lot bit) cocky. (No offense to Cocky if you happen to read this, Cocky.) However, it is hard to find much fault when the team on the field has proven what they have since 2010. True, there are some very good teams in the FCS this year. There are probably a handful that are truly capable of beating the Bison, short of catastrophic injuries or a major meltdown on the field. And even of those handful of teams, if both teams play to their full potential, the odds are in favor of the Bison, so the game is theirs to lose. That's probably a more politically correct way to deliver the message.

But as we so often proclaim, anything can happen, any given Saturday. That's the beauty of the game, right?

I think everyone on this board knows that it is possible to score more points than NDSU in a game. But history shows that it is not an easy feat, even for very good teams. The only times that it has happened since the loss to EWU in 2010 have been when NDSU made some significant mistakes that had relatively little to do with the play of the opposing teams. For any FCS team to beat NDSU this year, I think they will have to play a near perfect game and be firing on all cylinders. And even then, I believe it will be a difficult task unless NDSU plays short of their potential and makes a critical mistake or two.

There. I used a lot more words to state essentially the same thing. Am I missing the mark? Or would you generally agree? If you disagree with anything, let's discuss.

Good post. I agree!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2013, 06:49 AM

Truth hurts!

Good luck to any team coming into the FD for the playoffs.

Red & Black
November 18th, 2013, 08:21 AM

So one game makes a season? We won that game, BTW, despite not playing very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

F'N Hawks
November 18th, 2013, 08:30 AM

After re-watching that EWU-UND game, the Eagles showed next to nothing offensively. On purpose. They could not have had a more vanilla, boring game plan than they did. Adams was protecting himself the whole game it seemed. I have seen them a few times since and they looked way different.

Pretty sure they knew they didn't need to risk much to beat UND. xlolx

maine612
November 18th, 2013, 08:50 AM

I agree with all of this...no question. I am just saying that it is possible for the Bison to be outplayed on a day during the FCS playoffs. It could happen where someone actually deserves to win. One particular pet peeve I have is when teams say they beat themselves with mistakes...most mistakes (interceptions, fumbles, etc) are caused by something the other team did. I am a believer in the Bison, I think they are the best team in the country, and deserve all the accolades they get. But, they can be beat. Just ask the 18-0 New England Patriots. 612

maine612
November 18th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Truth hurts!

Good luck to any team coming into the FD for the playoffs.

There are few absolute truths in this world, and this is not one of them. Hope to see you in Fargo!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I agree with all of this...no question. I am just saying that it is possible for the Bison to be outplayed on a day during the FCS playoffs. It could happen where someone actually deserves to win. One particular pet peeve I have is when teams say they beat themselves with mistakes...most mistakes (interceptions, fumbles, etc) are caused by something the other team did. I am a believer in the Bison, I think they are the best team in the country, and deserve all the accolades they get. But, they can be beat. Just ask the 18-0 New England Patriots. 612

The only two losses NDSU has seen in the last 3 years were due to a) an unforced fumble on what would have been the go ahead touchdown and b) two ridiculous passes into the flat deep in their own territory for pick 6's.

Yes, the Bison have only beat themselves.

thebootfitter
November 18th, 2013, 09:10 AM
The only two losses NDSU has seen in the last 3 years were due to a) an unforced fumble on what would have been the go ahead touchdown and b) two ridiculous passes into the flat deep in their own territory for pick 6's.

Yet, to be fair... A Sycamore still had to catch and return those poor throws.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Yet, to be fair... A Sycamore still had to catch and return those poor throws.

My 3 year old son could have caught those passes. I still can't believe that - it's like he was playing catch with them.

Bisonator
November 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM

Not to mention NDSU was also in FG position to tie that ISU game when Brock decided to throw another pick to ice it! Worst game of his career by far. Just think we could possibly be going for back to back undefeated seasons!

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Not to mention NDSU was also in FG position to tie that ISU game when Brock decided to throw another pick to ice it! Worst game of his career by far. Just think we could possibly be going for back to back undefeated seasons!
True but without Jensen led comebacks against GSU last year and K State and UNI this year the Bison wouldn't be defending national champs or undefeated in 2013. I'll take the good Brock with the bad Brock.

Bisonator
November 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM
True but without Jensen led comebacks against GSU last year and K State and UNI this year the Bison wouldn't be defending national champs or undefeated in 2013. I'll take the good Brock with the bad Brock.

I didn't say otherwise. Just the truth, that was by far the worst game of his career. I'd take Brock over any QB in FCS.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM

No doubt. It's just our wounds are mostly self inflicted.

maine612
November 18th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Gents, self inflected wounds and mistakes are part of the game. If a team makes fewer and wins, they are the better team that day.

Lehigh'98
November 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Don't get sucked in Maine. Pretty soon this thread will be 50 pages of .gifs and Bison propaganda that would make Goebbels head explode.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Don't get sucked in Maine. Pretty soon this thread will be 50 pages of .gifs and Bison propaganda that would make Goebbels head explode.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3133611/kstatefail.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 10:19 AM

and you wonder why Lafayette gets so much support.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2013, 10:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p0fUKxPJATI

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 10:24 AM
http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/sports_impact/photo/10342913-large.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/gamecast/bam/2011/1210/rth_20027969_th_11.jpg

Lehigh'98
November 18th, 2013, 10:26 AM
and you wonder why Lafayette gets so much support.

They need all the support they can muster.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM
LOL....you NDSU fans are too funny...lol

At least I saw you lose in person...

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/381830_287317931300645_1567853347_n.jpg

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2013, 10:34 AM
They need all the support they can muster.

At least the Pards scored a TD on the Bison.... xlolx

thebootfitter
November 18th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Gents, self inflected wounds and mistakes are part of the game. If a team makes fewer and wins, they are the better team that day.
And I think that is kind of the point that the more vocal Bison fans are making. You are just saying it from a different perspective.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 10:40 AM

At least I saw you lose in person...

I saw two of these in person.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/337319_821493977659_1768704336_o.jpg

clenz
November 18th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Who the **** uses a blackberry?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Who the **** uses a blackberry?

I thought that too when I took the pic. In his defense, it was 2 years ago.

clenz
November 18th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I thought that too when I took the pic. In his defense, it was 2 years ago.
Even still.....

Samsung, Apple, HTC, LG, etc.. all had much better phones 2 years ago than Blackberry ever had. Blackberry hasn't been cool/worth a damn since before NDSU went 3-8

Lehigh'98
November 18th, 2013, 10:47 AM
At least the Pards scored a TD on the Bison.... xlolx

They did, but we beat the $&@%#* out of them in 2011, in fact the last 5 yrs.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Even still.....

Samsung, Apple, HTC, LG, etc.. all had much better phones 2 years ago than Blackberry ever had. Blackberry hasn't been cool/worth a damn since before NDSU went 3-8

Probably a company phone of some sorts.....my former employer (through beginning of this year) was still handing out Blackberry Curves to field reps... xlolx

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2013, 10:49 AM
They did, but we beat the $&@%#* out of them in 2011, in fact the last 5 yrs.

xlolx ....no s***, I was just giving you a little crap for it.

Twentysix
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/8531/z4bz.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img819/673/2ina.jpg

;)

SingForever
a
At least I saw you lose in person. For rational people only --------A big reason for the NDSU
streak is playing in" their own living room" where their opponents have never experienced such a biased atmosphere. On top of that, they've been playing 3 home games in that atmosphere during the playoffs, which I think is an unfair advantage. The playoffs should be on neutral sites, but alas, I guess that will never happen. The advantage is simply unarguable. Simply, a fact.

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/381830_287317931300645_1567853347_n.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
actually you might not see this team mind a whole lot. They haven't lost a road/neutral site game in 3 calendar years.

How about that?

Bisonator
November 18th, 2013, 10:54 AM
For rational people only --------A big reason for the NDSU
streak is playing in" their own living room" where their opponents have never experienced such a biased atmosphere. On top of that, they've been playing 3 home games in that atmosphere during the playoffs, which I think is an unfair advantage. The playoffs should be on neutral sites, but alas, I guess that will never happen. The advantage is simply unarguable. Simply, a fact.

Not this **** again. That's why you try to get home field! Will someone point out to clueless that we haven't lossed a road game since 2010! :D

Lehigh'98
November 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM
xlolx ....no s***, I was just giving you a little crap for it.

How about a 5-6 Lafayette squad pulling off the upset in Fargo in the playoffs. There is finally a game I could cheer for them.

Red & Black
November 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM
The only two losses NDSU has seen in the last 3 years were due to a) an unforced fumble on what would have been the go ahead touchdown

Incorrect, and I see this a lot from Bison fans. The fumble you are referencing was not on what would have been a go-ahead TD, it would have been to tie the game. Remember, we scored back to back TD's, one to tie the game and one in OT.

If what you are referencing would have been the go-ahead TD, EWU would have gotten the ball back because the game would have been tied.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Incorrect, and I see this a lot from Bison fans. The fumble you are referencing was not on what would have been a go-ahead TD, it would have been to tie the game. Remember, we scored back to back TD's, one to tie the game and one in OT.

If what you are referencing would have been the go-ahead TD, EWU would have gotten the ball back because the game would have been tied.

I was referring to the Youngstown game in 2011. We refer to the blown call at EWU in much different ways.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2013, 11:02 AM

He is refering to ISU-b and YSU. It would have to be 4 seasons to include EWU.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2013, 11:04 AM
How about a 5-6 Lafayette squad pulling off the upset in Fargo in the playoffs. There is finally a game I could cheer for them.
Well, if there's a team in the FCS that the rest of the country would like to see Lafayette beat more than Lehigh, it would be NDSU. xthumbsupx

Red & Black
November 18th, 2013, 11:04 AM
He is refering to ISU-b and YSU. It would have to be 4 seasons to include EWU. Gotcha.

SingForever
November 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Yes this again. If you don't think that you have an advantage playing in that concert center, you are deaf, dumb, and stupid. It's tough to go all the way in the playoffs. But the chances of a team doing it lies in the fact that they play in an unrealistic atmosphere for team that normally play outdoors. So you win away games during the season - you have been significantly helped in the playoffs by the FD. We play ( and BID) to hopefully have a home game under the current system. PLAYOFFS SHOULD BE ON A NEUTRAL SITE. AND PLEASE DON'T CALL ME CLUELESS WHEN I GIVE A RATIONAL ARGUMENT. You know damn well that you have an unfair advantage. jhdts
Not this **** again. That's why you try to get home field! Will someone point out to clueless that we haven't lossed a road game since 2010! :D

Bisonator
November 18th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Yes this again. If you don't think that you have an advantage playing in that concert center, you are deaf, dumb, and stupid. It's tough to go all the way in the playoffs. But the chances of a team doing it lies in the fact that they play in an unrealistic atmosphere for team that normally play outdoors. So you win away games during the season - you have been significantly helped in the playoffs by the FD. We play ( and BID) to hopefully have a home game under the current system. PLAYOFFS SHOULD BE ON A NEUTRAL SITE. AND PLEASE DON'T CALL ME CLUELESS WHEN I GIVE A RATIONAL ARGUMENT. You know damn well that you have an unfair advantage. jhdts

xbabycryx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 11:18 AM

I figure you may have gone to Lehigh so you might be smart. How in the world would that work? Playing in front of a few hundred fans at a neutral site? Thrilling. Playoffs in every division have always been at home sites. Just because Lehigh can't manage to get one doesn't mean it shouldn't be.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2013, 11:20 AM

Neutral sites will never happen in the FCS.....$$$$ counts and the NCAA will never spring for that. You earn the homefield during the season and it makes for an awesome post season atmosphere versus a bland neutral location. Would any FCS programs outside of a few travel in the postseason well enough to support all of these neutral site games???

Green1
November 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM

Following your logic,in the playoffs, there should be no cheerleaders, no announcers, no bands,and no crowds allowed to watch. After all, it may give one team an unfair advantage.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2013, 11:24 AM

That is why it is called home field advantage...

Bisonator
November 18th, 2013, 11:26 AM

Your one of those who think people should get participation awards and we shouldn't keep score either right?xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Even at Goodman and with the racist, you still would have lost by 2 TDS in 2011. So what's the difference?

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Following your logic,in the playoffs, there should be no cheerleaders, no announcers, no bands,and no crowds allowed to watch. After all, it may give one team an unfair advantage.
The weather should always be sunny and 60 with no wind as well so as not to give advantages to one style of football.

frozennorth
November 18th, 2013, 11:32 AM
i think all games should be held on lehigh's campus

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2013, 01:19 PM
At least I saw you lose in person. For rational people only --------A big reason for the NDSU

Bill Snyder Family Stadium (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.k-state.edu%2Fmaps%2Fbuildings%2FKFS%2F&ei=h2eKUof1O8rMsQTs4oDAAQ&usg=AFQjCNHg-Oq8MuXvaI3kkTK8UtXsPRgn6w&bvm=bv.56643336,d.b2I) xpeacex

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Bill Snyder Family Stadium (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.k-state.edu%2Fmaps%2Fbuildings%2FKFS%2F&ei=h2eKUof1O8rMsQTs4oDAAQ&usg=AFQjCNHg-Oq8MuXvaI3kkTK8UtXsPRgn6w&bvm=bv.56643336,d.b2I) xpeacex

Hughes Stadium
TCF Bank Stadium
KU Memorial Stadium

FC Dallas Stadium/Pizza Hut Park

Not to mention every stadium in the MVFC

FargoBison
November 18th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Great highlight video of NDSU's MVFC championship run...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp-2KaLSRaY&feature=youtu.be&a

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM

Damn, we got some good marketing people.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM

I was gonna start a new thread just for the video, but I decided not to.... xlolx

Twentysix
November 18th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I was gonna start a new thread just for the video, but I decided not to.... xlolx

I already did, np.

marenlee
November 18th, 2013, 02:14 PM

One of the coolest highlight videos I have seen yet!

dewey
November 18th, 2013, 04:03 PM
That was video F'ING Awesome!!!

Dewey

ValleyTalk
November 18th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Congratulations NDSU! You guys brought a nice batch of fans to YSU and they were great to be around!