PDA

View Full Version : Chokeanooga

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 16th, 2013, 05:22 PM
UTC misses a short field goal in OT and the SoCon is wide open.

So if Furman beats Wofford who gets the autobid?

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 05:23 PM
You are an idiot. We are Socon champs.

MTfan4life
November 16th, 2013, 05:26 PM
UTC misses a short field goal in OT and the SoCon is wide open.

So if Furman beats Wofford who gets the autobid?

I think Furman would. The three teams would be split at 1-1 among each other, and then if I remember correctly, the next SoCon tiebreaker is record against the next best teams in the conference, which would be a tie between Georgia Southern, Wofford, App. St., and the Citadel, and Furman is the only one to have beaten all four of those teams.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 16th, 2013, 05:30 PM
I think Furman would. The three teams would be split at 1-1 among each other, and then if I remember correctly, the next SoCon tiebreaker is record against the next best teams in the conference, which would be a tie between Georgia Southern, Wofford, App. St., and the Citadel, and Furman is the only one to have beaten all four of those teams.

So GSU would be fourth I assume since we have the head-to-head over the Citadel. UTC lost to us and then Furman wins the auto bid for the head-to-head over Samford? Or do we not count since we aren't eligible?

You are an idiot. We are Socon champs.

Thanks...I can now add "chattown called me an idiot" to my list of AGS career achievements. xthumbsupx

DoWe
November 16th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Furman still has to beat Woffy.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Selection Sunday looks like it'll turn out to be a pretty nervous day for the Mocs. They are not a lock.

bjtheflamesfan
November 16th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Yes you are...although you had a chance to win the outright conference championship on your own and could not get it done. Now the Mocs, in order to be champs on their own, they are going to have to be Elon fans next week because if Samford wins that game, they would get the autobid

MTfan4life
November 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Yes you are...although you had a chance to win the outright conference championship on your own and could not get it done. Now the Mocs, in order to be champs on their own, they are going to have to be Elon fans next week because if Samford wins that game, they would get the autobid

Not if Furman beats Wofford, I think they have the tiebreaker in that case.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 05:36 PM

Samford will still need a Furman loss.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Need one of them to lose.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Furman has got to survive Western first...close game.

chattownmocs
November 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Selection Sunday looks like it'll turn out to be a pretty nervous day for the Mocs. They are not a lock.

How much time is left. Gamecast is showing 14:55 still.

Smitty
November 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Just finished Furman won

PaladinFan
November 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Furman now controls its destiny. With GSU's win over Elon, and UTC's loss to Samford, the Paladins will be auto bid if they beat a struggling Wofford team.

All of the contingencies Furman needed to happen occurred. Now they just need to beat Wofford.

edit: I'm not sure if Furman still needs heavily favored Samford to beat Elon in Birmingham next weekend. Furman needs to beat Wofford, and have Elon finish behind the Citadel and GSU in the standings (which I think is already a done deal)

youwouldno
November 16th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Furman needs Samford to win, because otherwise the first-place tie is between UTC and Furman only, with UTC winning the tiebreaker due to the head-to-head win.

ThompsonThe
November 17th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Would think Samford will beat fElon, but you never know.