PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh @ Colgate: Game Thread

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2013, 12:41 AM
My game preview:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/11/game-preview-lehigh-at-colgate-11162013.html

Gonna be a war. For Colgate, win, and they're in the playoffs. For Lehigh, win, and make Rivalry 149 into a play-in playoff game as well as a championship game.

I love these type of games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 15th, 2013, 01:19 AM
My journey east begins in less than 6 hours! I'll be in Hamilton Saturday to yell like hell!

Lehigh's 3-3 in games I've attended at Andy Kerr. Wins in '01, '05 and '11. Losses in '97, '99 and '03.... Somethings got to give...

RichH2
November 15th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Do or die again. Haven't been this hyped since 77 Natl Champ game.

RichH2
November 15th, 2013, 08:18 AM
No Gate weather. Nice and sunny mid 50s.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Do or die again. Haven't been this hyped since 77 Natl Champ game.

xeyebrowx Over THIS game? A bumbling Colgate team with no defense, a gimpy quarterback, and only three wins against a Lehigh team with major flaws on defense and an unstable QB situation? Bar must be low on South Mountain.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Oh good... another Lehigh-based thread. I was getting concerned because I had not seen any lately.

Bill
November 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM
We aim to please :)

RichH2
November 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
xeyebrowx Over THIS game? A bumbling Colgate team with no defense, a gimpy quarterback, and only three wins against a Lehigh team with major flaws on defense and an unstable QB situation? Bar must be low on South Mountain.

Not at all based on what Gate has done this year. It's about what LU faces now in order to win out and for revenge. I could point out all the holes in our squad no doubting matching them easily.

Lehigh'98
November 15th, 2013, 12:43 PM

That is actually a fair point. This is actually the least excited I've been for a quasi championship game. If we win, its oh well Colgate sucks anyway. If we lose, well frankly, its a bad loss. I really don't see either team making a helluva lot of noise in the playoffs either, but I give Lehigh a better chance of winning a game there than Colgate. Also, Bucknell has defeated both teams by a combined score of 76-17. That all being said, let's kick some toothpaste ass.

CFBfan
November 15th, 2013, 01:02 PM
That is actually a fair point. This is actually the least excited I've been for a quasi championship game. If we win, its oh well Colgate sucks anyway. If we lose, well frankly, its a bad loss. I really don't see either team making a helluva lot of noise in the playoffs either, but I give Lehigh a better chance of winning a game there than Colgate. Also, Bucknell has defeated both teams by a combined score of 76-17. That all being said, let's kick some toothpaste ass.

tooth paste removes brown krap stains with a bit of elbow grease

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2013, 01:22 PM

Wow 98, an amazing find. Isnt that unbelievable!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Wow 98, an amazing find. Isnt that unbelievable!

Exactly. No reason to worry yourselves about 149. Nope. No worries.

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Exactly. No reason to worry yourselves about 149. Nope. No worries.

Yeah, 149 is a six inch putt!

Bill
November 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
#149.....:)

http://youtu.be/7wjBH3N1sBs?t=6s

Southsider
November 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM
My journey east begins in less than 6 hours! I'll be in Hamilton Saturday to yell like hell!

Lehigh's 3-3 in games I've attended at Andy Kerr. Wins in '01, '05 and '11. Losses in '97, '99 and '03.... Somethings got to give...

40 years watching LU, and never been to Hamilton. That all changes tomorrow! I think Lehigh "O" a notch above Gate. Same for "D". As such, a 4 to 7 pt LU victory..........

Go...gate
November 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM
xeyebrowx Over THIS game? A bumbling Colgate team with no defense, a gimpy quarterback, and only three wins, including against Lafayette, against a Lehigh team with major flaws on defense and an unstable QB situation? Bar must be low on South Mountain.

Fixed it for you.

:DYeah, we're bumblers, but.......:D

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM

I was excited for last week because it was our first meaningful game in four years, but there was still a weird connotation with last week given our records... it would have been like David Letterman holding a ticker-tape parade to celebrate that his show is #3.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Fixed it for you.

:DYeah, we're bumblers, but.......:D

...but you have a head coach with his own bobble-had figurine.

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
#149.....:)

http://youtu.be/7wjBH3N1sBs?t=6s

This would be me with a six footer or six incher..My six inch comment of course was said in jest...

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2013, 03:21 PM
40 years watching LU, and never been to Hamilton. That all changes tomorrow! I think Lehigh "O" a notch above Gate. Same for "D". As such, a 4 to 7 pt LU victory..........

Yes and to answer a question I posted on the LC football forum, of the current Patriot schools I have never seen Fordham or Georgetown games AND I have never been to either of their campuses nor ever was in Hamilton for a game. I did visit campus way back on a snowy unseasonably cold early November day back in 1979 and said to myself if its like this in early November, what about Feb? I choose a school further south after that day :)

ColgateTD
November 15th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Jeez...what a bunch a wimps. Can't even take a little chill & white stuff while you get educated? :)

In all seriousness (yeah...right), I'm sure the other 'Gate posters here join me in welcoming those of you willing to brave the 50 degree sunny day in Hamilton tomorrow to see "The Game of the Century" between your Engineers and our Red Raiders. And Pard fans are welcome to Andy Kerr as well. Don't expect a lot from this year's Raider team; as you know they've had their ups and downs. One would hope Mr. Biddle has the troops motivated on his Bobblehead Day. We are all interested to see what kind of team LU has; this could be a donnybrook of massive proportions....or a blow out for either team. Ergo: unpredictable.

Any of you posters who want to meet up at halftime over a $12.00 hot dog to compare notes, let us know. Meanwhile enjoy the drive to the metropolitan Hamilton area.

TheValleyRaider
November 15th, 2013, 04:01 PM
50s?

Perhaps we'll all go to Maxwell's for ice cream after the game

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/11/game-breakdown-lehigh-vs-colgate.html

Go...gate
November 15th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I haven't been to Hamilton this season. Twelve bucks for a hot dog? I think it was six or seven when I was up there last season.

ColgateTD
November 15th, 2013, 08:57 PM
I haven't been to Hamilton this season. Twelve bucks for a hot dog? I think it was six or seven when I was up there last season.

Twas said with tongue in cheek....but not far off the mark. Dogs were $1.25 when I was at 'Gate.

Maxwells? Must have been created long after my graduation...

ngineer
November 15th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I'll be on the South Side Boosters bus pulling out of Bet'lem at 7 a.m. Looking forward to the fact I can pack 'light' this time. Looking forward to meeting up with a bunch of Engineer players from the 1970's and Coach Dunlap. Hey, if Biddle has a bobblehead, maybe Lafayette could have a little dinosaur creature with Frank's head on it, and Lehigh could have 'Coen heads'!

Go...gate
November 15th, 2013, 11:17 PM
I'll be on the South Side Boosters bus pulling out of Bet'lem at 7 a.m. Looking forward to the fact I can pack 'light' this time. Looking forward to meeting up with a bunch of Engineer players from the 1970's and Coach Dunlap. Hey, if Biddle has a bobblehead, maybe Lafayette could have a little dinosaur creature with Frank's head on it, and Lehigh could have 'Coen heads'!

Fred Dunlap deserves a bobblehead - half can be dressed in Brown and White and the other half in Maroon and White.

Hell of a man.

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Jeez...what a bunch a wimps. Can't even take a little chill & white stuff while you get educated? :)

In all seriousness (yeah...right), I'm sure the other 'Gate posters here join me in welcoming those of you willing to brave the 50 degree sunny day in Hamilton tomorrow to see "The Game of the Century" between your Engineers and our Red Raiders. And Pard fans are welcome to Andy Kerr as well. Don't expect a lot from this year's Raider team; as you know they've had their ups and downs. One would hope Mr. Biddle has the troops motivated on his Bobblehead Day. We are all interested to see what kind of team LU has; this could be a donnybrook of massive proportions....or a blow out for either team. Ergo: unpredictable.

Any of you posters who want to meet up at halftime over a $12.00 hot dog to compare notes, let us know. Meanwhile enjoy the drive to the metropolitan Hamilton area.

I have my first visit to Andy Kerr scheduled for 2014! Maybe it will snow!

TheValleyRaider
November 16th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Headed up to Hamilton

LET'S GO 'GATE!

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 08:25 AM

Um, is this a special type of hot dog? Because the best sandwiches that Tony Luke's has to offer are $12 at a Phillies game.

Worst PL food has to be at Bucknell though...

ColgateTD
November 16th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Um, is this a special type of hot dog? Because the best sandwiches that Tony Luke's has to offer are $12 at a Phillies game.

Worst PL food has to be at Bucknell though...

Yup it's special all right: small, cold and not particularly delicious. But on the other hand it's over priced. I'm sure we could give Bucknell a run for their money.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 09:27 AM
So many ifs today. Which LU shows up,Bucnell or UNH? Can aggressive D work vs experienced QB? Do we have a choice? Who plays QB? The 2nd string McHale or the 3rd string Shaf. Of course,Gate has their own series of similar questions. Which coach comes up with the right answers?

Neighbor2
November 16th, 2013, 09:57 AM
My only real concern is a common one. Will our pass protection be alert and hold up? If 'gate can move up and down the field with 10-12 yard hits, this will be a long afternoon. At the very least, a strong third down defense is key. I'd like to see Shafnisky play most, if not all of the game. I have a feeling he's just listed as third string because he's a Freshman.

My call,

Lehigh 34
Colgate 31

LehighU11
November 16th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Sherman gains 8 on the first play from scrimmage and then we throw 4 straight passes for 2 yards and 3 incompletions. Why don't we run the damn ball?! Worked against HC last week...

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Colgate is doing the same thing with the read option delay that destroyed Lafayette in the first half last week. Lehigh is defending it a little better.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Well guess we decided on soft D. It just works soooo well. Down 7-0

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Well guess we decided on soft D. It just works soooo well. Down 7-0

Watch McCarney's read option. It's doing the same thing to you as it did to us last week. Lehigh is getting a little better penetration on the line but that leaves softer coverage for the short pass.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Lehigh QB has so much time, he could bill it and still have to cut his hours.

BTW - who is the Lehigh QB?

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Wow,great play by D tied score.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Why do we make great play and follow it up immeadiately with a bone head one

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Shaf playing nervous IMO aiming his passes

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Shaf TD pass 14-7. Over 2 defenders

Gater
November 16th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Great pass. Don't know how he got that in there.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Shaf hit on pass.Gate INT. Why are we not running

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 12:54 PM
D responds with INT for LU

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Shaf fumble. We keep. Dave is overthinking again with his calls

Kramer
November 16th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Shaf fumble. We keep. Dave is overthinking again with his calls

Absolutely.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 01:00 PM
D much more aggressive ,another 3 and out for Gate. We hold on punt start inside our own 10

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 01:09 PM
!7-7 LU

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Game has changed so far on Pavalko's injury.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Tight coverage by LU another INT. Closes out half with great D

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 01:14 PM
A close copy of last year so far. Let us not repeat last year's 2nd half

Gater
November 16th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Pavalko is a really good player for Colgate. He's a big part of what makes the running game go. Lehigh D looking really good. Colgate's offense is predicated on not making mistakes and being able to run the read option. Three turnovers for Colgate. One pick in the end zone and one fumble for a touchdown. Read option being shut down by Lehigh stacking the box. Colgate gets ball to start second half.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Shaf a very talented FROSH QB today. Some great plays and some frosh mistakes. Sherm and OL destroying Gate D..

Spooky replay in a way of last year's 1st half. We must not repeat last year's 2nd half

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Sherm running at will Driving the field w/o a pass

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM
TD pass to Kurfis great catch 24-7

Bill
November 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM
at times Sherman does a good Earl Campbell impression....

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Dont kow crowd but only cheering you here is LU

Gater
November 16th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Sherman playing great. Every time Colgate has him stopped in the backfield he breaks away for a big gain. Very impressive.

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Is this the 85 Bears on Defense out there?

LehighU11
November 16th, 2013, 01:45 PM
About time the coaching staff figured out that we have a talented RB who is capable of winning games. Defense has been incredible. Easily their best performance since the 2011 season.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Colgate has pretty much abandoned the read option at this point.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 01:50 PM
At this point 'gate is looking a step slow with everything. I wish we' had this 'gate team last weekend.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Engineer LBs are pretty good. They tackle well.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Late hit by LU .We had them ready to punt. 1st down

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Gate converts 4th down then run for TD 24-14. Geez,I wish I could get last year out of my head

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I want to see a 10-play TD drive with Sherman with 80% of the carries now.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 02:02 PM
OK now they're back to the read option.

Bill
November 16th, 2013, 02:06 PM
starting to feel queezy....

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Got to stop this drive. Dline starting to tire.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 02:11 PM
starting to feel queezy....

Been queasy since 2nd half started. Just getting more in the 4th

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 02:12 PM
We need a drive desperately.

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Nice stop on 4th down. Let's chew some clock w Sherman now

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I can sense the Fat Lady approaching in this one . . . .

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Pretty good, classic PL-style game, though.

RichH2
YES Sherm for the TD 31-14

Engineer86
I can sense the Fat Lady approaching in this one . . . .

La la la la la la la

Gater
Momentum is a fickle mistress.

Bill
November 16th, 2013, 02:18 PM
great screen call there....

RichH2
ngineer at game with football reunion ,betcha he is leading cheers. Them guys are loud

Kramer
YES Sherm for the TD 31-14

boy, Sherman looks great, as does the o-line.

RichH2
Please God ,no prevent D

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Momentum is a fickle mistress.

Gate has played much better than the score would indicate. Some tough breaks.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 02:20 PM
I can't tell for sure but it looks as if Lehigh has been subbing in some pretty strong depth on the defense. Bodes well for Engineers.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 02:22 PM
`

http://eyeofthefish.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/fat-lady-singing-warning.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 02:24 PM
`

http://allthingsd.com/files/2012/05/fat+lady+sings-feature.jpeg

Sader87
November 16th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I'm shocked that Colgate beat Lafayette from what I've seen of both teams....sorry to rub it in Bogey

Bill
November 16th, 2013, 02:27 PM
queasy feeling subsiding...

Engineer86
November 16th, 2013, 02:28 PM
To all the Lafayette folks, your welcome. You can bring the drinks next week. I will be there at 9am next week.

ps: these announcers are terrible... Longest played not oldest

Engineer86
November 16th, 2013, 02:29 PM
I'm shocked that Colgate beat Lafayette from what I've seen of both teams....sorry to rub it in Bogey

In the end that game did not matter.

Gater
November 16th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Colgate losing top three receivers, top RB, FB, center and having #2 RB and McCarney missing games and being banged up all year has made for a tough season. Wish McCarney's senior year could have had some better breaks. That being said, Lehigh made all of the plays today and was the better team. Hopefully Lehigh or Lafayette and Fordham do well in the playoffs. Lehigh seems to have really good balance.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 02:31 PM

We got bamboozled with the read option in the first half. By the time Tavani "reminded" the D what to look for, the jig was up - 'gate had too big of a lead and they ran down the clock effectively in the second half. Right now, I'd say that HC, Pard, 'Gate and Bison are all about on par. Lehigh is just enough better than the pack to win. Fordham is a cut above all of us. And Georgetown? Well . . . .

Bill
November 16th, 2013, 02:34 PM
get ready for #149....work on that short game, bogey :)

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 02:35 PM
A complete game. OL just superb. Sherm and OL controlled the game. D got agressive and stayed that way. .Impressed

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 02:36 PM
get ready for #149....work on that short game, bogey :)

I can smell you guys from here, bill.

But right now we have Fordham to contend with. Game is just getting under way.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 02:37 PM
149 gonna be a lot of fun.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Happy for Lehigh, but Colgate was a different team without Pavalko. Sad to see him get hurt.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM
ngineer at game with football reunion ,betcha he is leading cheers. Them guys are loud

Wait, is ngineer THE guy with the twizzlers (last season) and "Go Lehigh" sign who leads the cheers after every score?

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Dont know but would not be surprised.Bus is Southside boosters and LU alums

Kramden
November 16th, 2013, 03:26 PM
i
We got bamboozled with the read option in the first half. By the time Tavani "reminded" the D what to look for, the jig was up - 'gate had too big of a lead and they ran down the clock effectively in the second half. Right now, I'd say that HC, Pard, 'Gate and Bison are all about on par. Lehigh is just enough better than the pack to win. Fordham is a cut above all of us. And Georgetown? Well . . . .

Lehigh is a much better team than Lafayette IMO.

van
November 16th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Wait, is ngineer THE guy with the twizzlers (last season) and "Go Lehigh" sign who leads the cheers after every score?

Not sure who that guy is, but he is not ngineer.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Not sure who that guy is, but he is not ngineer.

Ah ok. Saw that guy was up in Hamilton with his sign leading the Lehigh section. Guess he's not on AGS then.

bulldog10jw
November 16th, 2013, 03:39 PM
... Longest played not oldest

I think MOST played is more accurate.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Sherman could top 1000 yards rushing on the season next week. Currently sitting on 923. Pugh was the last player to run for 1000+ for Lehigh, back in 2002...1339 in 12 games.

Kurfis is also just 4 receptions shy of Spadola's record 96 in 2011. Should be able to move past Cecchini for 2nd most receiving yards in a season.

Now hopefully the defense from the past two weeks shows up again for 149.

Engineer86
November 16th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I think MOST played is more accurate.

Correct, my bad caused by the frustration of the horrible announcers

ColgateTD
November 16th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Sorry LU fans. Wish we could have given you more competition. We were clearly outclassed. At least maybe we won't hear any more about the awful snow/cold in Hamilton. We presented your "travelers" with perfect football weather. Good luck the rest of the way.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Meant to post this during the game,but did anyone else notice that we used a 2-5-4 D for a good part of the game. DCs moved Nigel onto DL and started Laub. Innovative and effective.

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Does anyone have a link to highlights from the game today?

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Not yet,usually Justin puts them up on twitter as soon as he has them

Go...gate
November 16th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Congratulations to the Engineers!

Colgate lost to a better team today. Lafayette - Lehigh will be a hell of a game, as ever.

TheValleyRaider
November 16th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Just got home

Well-deserved victory for the Hawks. We needed a few breaks and didn't get any. Game turned slightly on the early LU punt that pinned us deep and led to the fumble TD. Got them right back in it. Otherwise Sherman had a monster game, looked more like a Colgate offense out there ;)

It's a credit to the coaches that even with all the injuries and new players we still entered this game with the League title within grasp. Just ran out of gas down the stretch. Next week should be a heck of a rivalry game in Bethlehem

TheValleyRaider
November 16th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Oh, and I did get my Biddle bobblehead xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Oh, and I did get my Biddle bobblehead xthumbsupx

Pic or GTFO.

ngineer
November 16th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Fred Dunlap deserves a bobblehead - half can be dressed in Brown and White and the other half in Maroon and White.

Hell of a man.

Got to see Coach at halftime with a bunch of other former "Engineers" reliving old times. Fred is a great guy and I hope he's with us many more games.

ngineer
November 16th, 2013, 09:49 PM

No, that ain't me. That is Chip Walakovits who is President of the SSB.
Great game, and YES, we made a lot more noise than the 'gaters. Surprised at the low attendance. my guess is about 2,000 at the game and about 500 Lehigh fans. Those metal visitors stands we figured out real quick how to make the "old train engine stomp" we used to do in Grace Hall and the old upper deck at Taylor Stadium!
Other than some questionable calls by the coaches on offense, a very nice game. Defense carried over the intensity from the prior week, and just maybe a lot of the 'inexperience' is now dissipating. Three turnovers created by the D,and Sherman was 'marching to the sea'. The OL did a great job. OC gets 'too cute' at times. If something's working, stick it up the opposition's ass until they stop it. Weather was perfect considering the location and that was a good mental plus, knowing we didn't have to battle the elements. #5 for Raiders was impressive running.
This will be one great week coming up!!

ngineer
November 16th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Meant to post this during the game,but did anyone else notice that we used a 2-5-4 D for a good part of the game. DCs moved Nigel onto DL and started Laub. Innovative and effective.
yes, they did that last week too. no question a change was needed and with hour depth at LB it certainly makes sense.

Go...gate
November 16th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Got to see Coach at halftime with a bunch of other former "Engineers" reliving old times. Fred is a great guy and I hope he's with us many more games.

Amen.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 10:32 PM
No, that ain't me. That is Chip Walakovits who is President of the SSB.
Great game, and YES, we made a lot more noise than the 'gaters. Surprised at the low attendance. my guess is about 2,000 at the game and about 500 Lehigh fans. Those metal visitors stands we figured out real quick how to make the "old train engine stomp" we used to do in Grace Hall and the old upper deck at Taylor Stadium!
Other than some questionable calls by the coaches on offense, a very nice game. Defense carried over the intensity from the prior week, and just maybe a lot of the 'inexperience' is now dissipating. Three turnovers created by the D,and Sherman was 'marching to the sea'. The OL did a great job. OC gets 'too cute' at times. If something's working, stick it up the opposition's ass until they stop it. Weather was perfect considering the location and that was a good mental plus, knowing we didn't have to battle the elements. #5 for Raiders was impressive running.
This will be one great week coming up!!
He does have a penchant for overthinking once in a while. I'll take that any day given the way he has rebuilt Air Lehigh. Shaf started out shaky but calmed down well and passed confidently' Pards' weakness is pass D,we will need Air Lehigh.

TheValleyRaider
November 17th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Pic or GTFO.

Ask and ye shall receive :D