PDA

View Full Version : SANTOS for HEISMAN

UNHknowledge
October 7th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Just making my weekly Santos for Heisman campaign/post. Ricky went 25-31 for 181yds and 2TD's. If not for 2 dropped passes he wouldve been 27-31 4TD's and 200+yds against I-AA's best defense. Ricky now has 14TD passes with 0 INT's and 1000+ yds in the air. In addition 225yds 5TD's on the ground. I don't care if we played Oyster River HS every week, those stats are Heisman worthy. But we don't play a HS schedule, we play in the A10 which is better than the MAC and Sun Belt. So lets get Ricky on the damn Heisman list.

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 12:01 AM
actually Poly's D is ranked above Richmond (along with a few "mid-majors")

Tod
October 8th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Just making my weekly Santos for Heisman campaign/post. Ricky went 25-31 for 181yds and 2TD's. If not for 2 dropped passes he wouldve been 27-31 4TD's and 200+yds against I-AA's best defense. Ricky now has 14TD passes with 0 INT's and 1000+ yds in the air. In addition 225yds 5TD's on the ground. I don't care if we played Oyster River HS every week, those stats are Heisman worthy. But we don't play a HS schedule, we play in the A10 which is better than the MAC and Sun Belt. So lets get Ricky on the damn Heisman list.

What's wrong with the Payton? :confused: :confused:

UNHknowledge
October 8th, 2006, 12:02 AM
What's wrong with the Payton? :confused: :confused:

Nothin at all. But that's David Ball's award:nod:

UNHknowledge
October 8th, 2006, 12:04 AM
actually Poly's D is ranked above Richmond (along with a few "mid-majors")

The best defense quote was me stating my opinion which I will stick with. Their D was very tough in person.

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 12:15 AM
The best defense quote was me stating my opinion which I will stick with. Their D was very tough in person today.
You know what they say about opinions ;) :p

Tod
October 8th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Nothin at all. But that's David Ball's award:nod:

Not right now. Ball isn't looking as good as Santos. Do you suggest that Ball should get it as a career award, rather than a season award?

Coastal89
October 8th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Tyler Thigpens numbers

104-166-4 62.4% 1668yds 14tds 320yds rushing 3tds

Heisman baby

dwtime
October 8th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Not right now. Ball isn't looking as good as Santos. Do you suggest that Ball should get it as a career award, rather than a season award?

The Erik Meyer won the Payton last season got it as a career award, why change precident?

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2006, 11:53 AM
UNHknowledge makes a fair argument for Ricky Santos. Here's a wuick look at some of the top QBs this season.

Ricky Santos - New Hampshire 98-133 73.7% 176.3 rating 1,074 yards 14 TD 0 INT
Brady Quinn - Notre Dame 148-233 63.5% 141.7 rating 1,634 yards 16 TD 4 INT
Troy Smith - Ohio State 101-148 68.2% 170.6 rating 1,261 yards 15 TD 2 INT
Erik Ainge - Tennessee 118-171 69.0% 171.6 rating 1,716 yards 14 TD 5 INT
Nathan Longshore - California 102-157 65% 169.8 rating 1,410 yards 17 TD 5 INT

UNHknowledge
October 8th, 2006, 12:31 PM

No, not really saying its a career award but as someone else said Erick Meyer did win it with lower senior stats. I'm just saying that Ricky is the best player in College Football and Dave is the best in I-AA. I'm not trying to be a homer either. I truly believe this.

1Aneedsplayoffs
October 8th, 2006, 12:41 PM
No, not really saying its a career award but as someone else said Erick Meyer did win it with lower senior stats. I'm just saying that Ricky is the best player in College Football and Dave is the best in I-AA. I'm not trying to be a homer either. I truly believe this.

In College football? Are you kidding me? I could name 20 players better then him at their own positions...Would you like me too?

Best player in college football is Adrian Peterson HANDS DOWN

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 01:27 PM
In College football? Are you kidding me? I could name 20 players better then him at their own positions...Would you like me too?

Best player in college football is Adrian Peterson HANDS DOWN Be wary. Anyone who doesn't worship santos:bow: is considered a smack talker:nonono2:

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 01:29 PM

Best player in college football is Adrian Peterson HANDS DOWN

ALERT !! ALERT!! No differences of opinion allowed without verbal attack and insult.:D

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Be wary. Anyone who doesn't worship santos:bow: is considered a smack talker:nonono2:

I never said people had to worship Santos. But for people who are clearly clueless to give feedback about his play deserve a smackdown.

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM
people who are clearly clueless

as I said " without verbal attack and insult": smh : : smh :

and then they move on to slander and liesxcoffeex

UMass922
October 8th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I'm just saying that Ricky is the best player in College Football and Dave is the best in I-AA. I'm not trying to be a homer either. I truly believe this.

If Ricky is the best player in college football, how can he not also be the best in I-AA? Is Ricky not in I-AA? Or is I-AA not college football?

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 01:47 PM
If Ricky is the best player in college football, how can he not also be the best in I-AA? Is Ricky not in I-AA? Or is I-AA not college football?

Well if you are confused, you are obviously "clueless" like me:nod:

smallcollegefbfan
October 8th, 2006, 01:48 PM
UNHknowledge makes a fair argument for Ricky Santos. Here's a wuick look at some of the top QBs this season.

Ricky Santos - New Hampshire 98-133 73.7% 176.3 rating 1,074 yards 14 TD 0 INT
Brady Quinn - Notre Dame 148-233 63.5% 141.7 rating 1,634 yards 16 TD 4 INT
Troy Smith - Ohio State 101-148 68.2% 170.6 rating 1,261 yards 15 TD 2 INT
Erik Ainge - Tennessee 118-171 69.0% 171.6 rating 1,716 yards 14 TD 5 INT
Nathan Longshore - California 102-157 65% 169.8 rating 1,410 yards 17 TD 5 INT

Based on numbers yes but Santos does not play the level of teams those others do. I doubt Santos is even a top 100 pick in the NFL Draft. Santos does not play in the SEC, ACC, or Big Ten week in and week out. That would make a huge difference.

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Well if you are confused, you are obviously "clueless" like me:nod:

OK please do tell me where I said Santos was the best player in all of college football?

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Based on numbers yes but Santos does not play the level of teams those others do. I doubt Santos is even a top 100 pick in the NFL Draft. Santos does not play in the SEC, ACC, or Big Ten week in and week out. That would make a huge difference.

Jeez you guys push the envelope.....

Gordon Shumway
October 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I don't intend to argue with my UNH brethren, but I think we all need to take a step back and reconnect with reality. I love Ricky Santos, and am in awe of everything he has accomplished, and everything he has done for this program. His rise to stardom is one of the great stories in college football at any level. However, he is not the best player in college football. That is just too big a leap of faith to make. Could the case be made he is the best player in I-AA? Absolutely, and I think that will be born out with a Payton award this year.

UMass922
October 8th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I don't intend to argue with my UNH brethren, but I think we all need to take a step back and reconnect with reality. I love Ricky Santos, and am in awe of everything he has accomplished, and everything he has done for this program. His rise to stardom is one of the great stories in college football at any level. However, he is not the best player in college football. That is just too big a leap of faith to make. Could the case be made he is the best player in I-AA? Absolutely, and I think that will be born out with a Payton award this year.

Agreed. Well said.

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2006, 02:00 PM

All I did was say that UNHknowledge made a fair argument that Santos can be mentioned in the same breath as the other top collegiate QBs. Just because a guy plays at the I-AA level doesnt diminish his talent. How many QBs in the NFL right now played in I-AA?

Also for the person who said Santos wouldnt be a top 100 pick in the draft, thats fine cause the best QB in the NFL right now was drafted in the 6th round, while many of the top drafted QBs over the past 20 years have been busts.

1Aneedsplayoffs
October 8th, 2006, 02:23 PM
All I did was say that UNHknowledge made a fair argument that Santos can be mentioned in the same breath as the other top collegiate QBs. Just because a guy plays at the I-AA level doesnt diminish his talent. How many QBs in the NFL right now played in I-AA?

Also for the person who said Santos wouldnt be a top 100 pick in the draft, thats fine cause the best QB in the NFL right now was drafted in the 6th round, while many of the top drafted QBs over the past 20 years have been busts.

Tom Brady is not the best quarterback in the NFL right now. Donovan Mcnabb is the winner of that award, Brady is a great QB, dont get me wrong but to say that he would of won those three super bowls anywhere else is just stupid. I think D-Mac and lot of other QB's would of also brought that team to those super bowls, but Brady did it and he deserves his credit but not the best in the league. Those super bowls were a team effort and as good as Brady is, he didnt do it alone

UNHknowledge
October 8th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Santos for Heisman Baaaby! You guys can keep hatin and arguin about him not being a draft pick or whatever. While you guys hate, he will continue to put up his astounding numbers against the competition that he is scheduled to play against. Also remember, he's only a junior.

As for him playing against I-AA's, his stats would be just as crazy if he was protected by a I-A line and throwing to I-A recievers (actually UNH already has those). I do respect everyones opinions that do not think he is Heisman worthy though because if I never saw him play or only saw him once it would be hard for me to believe that he really is this good, but he really is this good.

Tileguy
October 8th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Is the Heisman limited to only 1A players?

UMass922
October 8th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Santos for Heisman Baaaby! You guys can keep hatin and arguin about him not being a draft pick or whatever. While you guys hate, he will continue to put up his astounding numbers against the competition that he is scheduled to play against. Also remember, he's only a junior.

As for him playing against I-AA's, his stats would be just as crazy if he was protected by a I-A line and throwing to I-A recievers (actually UNH already has those). I do respect everyones opinions that do not think he is Heisman worthy though because if I never saw him play or only saw him once it would be hard for me to believe that he really is this good, but he really is this good.

Oh please. No one in this thread is "hatin" Ricky Santos--unless feeling that it's probably a stretch for a I-AA player (however good) to win the Heisman Trophy counts as "hate." Nor has anyone here said that he's not going to be drafted (one person said he probably won't be a top 100 draft pick, but that's it).

UMass922
October 8th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Is the Heisman limited to only 1A players?

No, it's not. Steve McNair got national media attention as a Heisman candidate when he played at Alcorn St.

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Santos would need 50+ TDs to get any real consideration

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Oh please. No one in this thread is "hatin" Ricky Santos--unless feeling that it's probably a stretch for a I-AA player (however good) to win the Heisman Trophy counts as "hate." Nor has anyone here said that he's not going to be drafted (one person said he probably won't be a top 100 draft pick, but that's it).

Well ravens is a Santos hater.

UNHknowledge
October 8th, 2006, 05:20 PM

I know its a stretch for a I-AA guy to win. I wouldn't make the thread if the national media already considered him a candidate. I also realize that there is about a 0.02% chance of him being considered this year but I make the thread because I truly believe that between now and his last collegiate game he will deserve consideration for college football's greatest award (not sayin he's gonna win, but at least be on the ballot).

siugrad99
October 8th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Arkie Whitlock for the Payton. The Award is for this season only, not for career accomplishments so we will see come the end of the season how they both stack up.