PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/Georgetown

ngineer
October 7th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Got back from my foray inside the beltway today--not as sexy as it sounds.
Lehigh won 28-3 but not in a very scintillating fashion. Offense still struggling with a lot of execution issues--10 penalties were significant hurdles that could not be overcome at times. Lack of discipline in my opinion. Defense allowed some yards, but did come up with some big plays that were good to see. Anytime you keep an opponent out of the endzone it's good. Georgetown was scrappy and should get a lot of credit for their moxie--but they are hamstrung. The offense is too geared to the run and everyone knows it, plus it is a high risk offense with the option and the turnovers hurt the Hoyas as they have all season.
Got meet LBPop before the game--was glad to finally meet an AGSer older than me!:smiley_wi His son was sick, but still strapped it up and played well--with a nice TFL of Marques Thompson, who had 124 yards rushing (would have been over 150 if not for the holding and motion penalties).
Lehigh will not win many more with this level of play, however. Unless the opponents continue with their own deficiencies which everyone seems to have this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Got back from my foray inside the beltway today--not as sexy as it sounds.
Lehigh won 28-3 but not in a very scintillating fashion. Offense still struggling with a lot of execution issues--10 penalties were significant hurdles that could not be overcome at times. Lack of discipline in my opinion. Defense allowed some yards, but did come up with some big plays that were good to see. Anytime you keep an opponent out of the endzone it's good. Georgetown was scrappy and should get a lot of credit for their moxie--but they are hamstrung. The offense is too geared to the run and everyone knows it, plus it is a high risk offense with the option and the turnovers hurt the Hoyas as they have all season.
Got meet LBPop before the game--was glad to finally meet an AGSer older than me!:smiley_wi His son was sick, but still strapped it up and played well--with a nice TFL of Marques Thompson, who had 124 yards rushing (would have been over 150 if not for the holding and motion penalties).
Lehigh will not win many more with this level of play, however. Unless the opponents continue with their own deficiencies which everyone seems to have this year.

Great analysis, ng. :bow: I hope we can get this thing together before the "big three" come on our schedule.

DFW HOYA
October 8th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Georgetown was scrappy and should get a lot of credit for their moxie--but they are hamstrung. The offense is too geared to the run and everyone knows it, plus it is a high risk offense with the option and the turnovers hurt the Hoyas as they have all season.

I think you were being kind. This isn't an option problem as much as it's a talent problem--you need offensive players that can raise the lavel of their game and Georgetown doesn't seem to have any. When your leading running back has 115 yards in six games, you're not going to win many games.

Of course, scoring three touchdowns in the first three quarters all this season won't help, either.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Summary of the game, and Sunday's word, are all here.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

P.S. The word is "Aristotle".

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Press Roundup of Lehigh/Georgetown and other goodies:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com