PDA

View Full Version : This is getting Crazy

ngineer
October 7th, 2006, 10:36 PM
This season is really turning into a strange one. Those of you who follow the Board know the travails of my Lehigh. Meanwhile we see Albany go down to Stony Brook who lost to Georgetown, but that 's the same Albany who beat Delaware AT Delaware, who then came within a whisker of beating New Hampshire, but wait, Central Connecticut from "that" Conference goes to Georgia Southern and beats the venerable Eagles? Princeton runs the table against Lehigh, Lafayette and Colgate. UNI loses to SDSU, which everyone scoffs at, and NDSU goes to Georgia Southern and wins big. Coastal Carolina, who was snickered at for losing to 'lowly' Elon, bites Furman tonight, while Elon 'surprises' Western Carolina...The list could go on. We are almost halfway through the season. What remains around the corner??? It seems that there is a growing parity out there that is making few games 'sure things' anymore...and as much as I love to see my team win, it is certainly a great thing for college football when there is so much uncertainty and few 'gimmees'..:nod:

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 10:38 PM
This season is really turning into a strange one. Those of you who follow the Board know the travails of my Lehigh. Meanwhile we see Albany go down to Stony Brook who lost to Georgetown, but that 's the same Albany who beat Delaware AT Delaware, who then came within a whisker of beating New Hampshire, but wait, Central Connecticut from "that" Conference goes to Georgia Southern and beats the venerable Eagles? Princeton runs the table against Lehigh, Lafayette and Colgate. UNI loses to SDSU, which everyone scoffs at, and NDSU goes to Georgia Southern and wins big. Coastal Carolina, who was snickered at for losing to 'lowly' Elon, bites Furman tonight, while Elon 'surprises' Western Carolina...The list could go on. We are almost halfway through the season. What remains around the corner??? It seems that there is a growing parity out there that is making few games 'sure things' anymore...and as much as I love to see my team win, it is certainly a great thing for college football when there is so much uncertainty and few 'gimmees'..:nod:
UNI lost to "UND" a DII team from North Dakota

NDSU beat Georgia Southern

Gil Dobie
October 7th, 2006, 10:38 PM

FYI, UNI beat SDSU, and lost to DII UND.

ngineer
October 7th, 2006, 10:39 PM
UNI lost to "UND" a DII team from North Dakota

NDSU beat Georgia Southern

You are correct--I get my Dakotas confused---but the thought remains the same..:o :)

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 10:40 PM
You are correct--I get my Dakotas confused---but the thought remains the same..:o :)
East Coast bias :p

ngineer
October 7th, 2006, 10:41 PM
East Coast bias :p

Not so--Pennsylvania has no coast. That's New Joysey's...:p

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Not so--Pennsylvania has no coast. That's New Joysey's...:p
I forgot Penn St is in the Big 10 so PA must be Midwest :p

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Midwest is in the eye of the beholder.
:D

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 11:28 PM
No mention of defending SLC co-champ and I-AA semifinalist Texas St-San Marcos losing at home to previous winless (two of which to Div II foes) SFA?

blackfordpu
October 7th, 2006, 11:29 PM
No mention of defending SLC co-champ and I-AA semifinalist Texas St-San Marcos losing at home to previous winless (two of which to Div II foes) SFA?

I was trying to think up a Smack thread but that loss is bad enough. :nod:

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2006, 11:46 PM
My question is, will there be enough eligible teams for the playoffs?? For example, Furman's loss this week means that if they lose at, say, Appy, they are 8-3 with 7 D-I wins. GaSo could have the same issue since if they beat UCA it counts as a D-II win. If Montana runs the table too the Big Sky might only have one team eligible for the playoffs too! Never mind the sorry state of the Patriot, Southland and MEAC.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 11:58 PM
My question is, will there be enough eligible teams for the playoffs?? For example, Furman's loss this week means that if they lose at, say, Appy, they are 8-3 with 7 D-I wins. GaSo could have the same issue since if they beat UCA it counts as a D-II win. If Montana runs the table too the Big Sky might only have one team eligible for the playoffs too! Never mind the sorry state of the Patriot, Southland and MEAC.
that's why we have San Diego and CCSU :eek:

PAmedic
October 8th, 2006, 07:29 AM
seems like a good opportunity for the BSOUTH conf champ to get an invite this year. We've had a lot of improvement in individual programs, and there is a lot more parity in both our conf AND the league overall.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2006, 07:32 AM
seems like a good opportunity for the BSOUTH conf champ to get an invite this year. We've had a lot of improvement in individual programs, and there is a lot more parity in both our conf AND the league overall.

Big South is going to have a tough time getting their champ in...

Coastal Carolina is only realistic shot...

Chuck South needs to win out to be eligible thanks to all those sub-Div I games...which means a win over CCU...

G-W has two blowout losses to quality teams and I don't see them making it through the Big South...

Liberty has to win six of the final seven just to get eligible...won't happen...

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 08:36 AM
that's why we have San Diego and CCSU :eek:

and don't forget the Fighting Devil Hands....always ready to fill in if not enough other eligible teams.:D

ngineer
October 8th, 2006, 09:51 AM

Actually a lot of people consider the western half of PA to be in the midwest. Once you cross the Susquehanna there is a definite and different terrain===geographically and philosophically..:nod:

Sly Fox
October 8th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Liberty has to win six of the final seven just to get eligible...won't happen...

Don't count your chickens just yet. In fact, its the Beach Chickens who look like the biggest scare left in our schedule. 6 of 7 is very possible.

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Actually a lot of people consider the western half of PA to be in the midwest. Once you cross the Susquehanna there is a definite and different terrain===geographically and philosophically..:nod:
True, hard to think of Pittsburg as East Coast.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Don't count your chickens just yet. In fact, its the Beach Chickens who look like the biggest scare left in our schedule. 6 of 7 is very possible.

Okay, fine. Liberty may be eligible if they win six of seven (which means either a win over W&M or CCU), but undeserving especially since they figure to not even brush the top 30 of the GPI especially as the schedule gets into Big South season where there's currently not one team above them and they are 48th...