PDA

View Full Version : Pat Sullivan should resign...

blazrdog7
November 9th, 2013, 10:16 PM
and put THAT trophy over his head in shame after today.TCU did the right thing several years ago.Now it is time for MR. Newton to follow their example at SU on Tuesday morning.We were better off with him out of the picture.It IS time to put Coach D'Ottavio in charge.The difference between the beginning of the season and the end of this season is evidence enough to send Pat Sullivan to the Plains to hang out with Pat Dye!!

BisonFan02
November 9th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Solid first post. Welcome to AGS. :D

blazrdog7
November 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Bison,mediocrity has been allowed to triumph at ALL levels for waaaay too long at SU...somebody,ANYBODY should step up and stamp it out!!!How ironic that the school president shares the same last name as one of the WORST military generals of all time:Westmoreland.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Bison,mediocrity has been allowed to triumph at ALL levels for waaaay too long at SU...somebody,ANYBODY should step up and stamp it out!!!How ironic that the school president shares the same last name as one of the WORST military generals of all time:Westmoreland.

General Westmoreland is a hero. You want to blame someone.....stick with Bush

HoyaMetanoia
November 9th, 2013, 10:38 PM

The entire Confederate side was/is an embarrassment to the history of the United States. Truly a shameful bunch.

Drblankstare
November 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Holy ****, this should be fun

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2013, 10:43 PM
The entire Confederate side was/is an embarrassment to the history of the United States. Truly a shameful bunch.

Good to know the propaganda wing of the Stupid has infiltrated Georgetown.

Let me translate that for you: Ba-a-a-a Ba-baa Baa-baaaa Baa

Darlinikki150
November 9th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Holy ****, this should be fun

U took the words right outta my mouth! I'm get ready to start dishing out rep pts!

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2013, 10:44 PM
U took the words right outta my mouth! I'm get ready to start dishing out rep pts!

Good...I was starting to wonder when I'd get some from you!

blazrdog7
November 9th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Citdog:you have your opinion and I have mine.I think that Robert McNamara framed the tenure of General Westmoreland best with his book titled "Blundering Into Disaster".Now the time has come for another Westmoreland to recognize his error and put a NEW field general in charge of the SU Bulldogs because bulldogs DON'T tuck their tail and hide under the porch!I think that D'Ottavio had things going in THE right direction.

Darlinikki150
November 9th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Good...I was starting to wonder when I'd get some from you!

Lol I rep u. It just isn't always positive!

CID1990
November 9th, 2013, 10:49 PM

You're serious, aren't you?

Maybe a few less gender studies classes at Gtown would have been to your benefit.

Everybody knows that General Westmoreland was the HERO at Shiloh. Hero, I tell you

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 10:54 PM

WOW! just WOW!

62, 570 bucks a year and mom and dad........THIS is what you get!

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 10:55 PM
You're serious, aren't you?

Maybe a few less gender studies classes at Gtown would have been to your benefit.

Everybody knows that General Westmoreland was the HERO at Shiloh. Hero, I tell you

Tippecanoe and Westy TOO!

fmrbearkat
November 9th, 2013, 11:04 PM

Well sir you can kindly **** yourself!!! xnodx

fmrbearkat
November 9th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Lol I rep u. It just isn't always positive!

Shes replied me plenty but damn sure never green!! Thought we had something special last December Nikki??

Darlinikki150
November 9th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Shes replied me plenty but damn sure never green!! Thought we had something special last December Nikki??

Lol ur cute. U know I just love u Kitty boys. Makes me miss xcoach !

HoyaMetanoia
November 9th, 2013, 11:13 PM
WOW! just WOW!

62, 570 bucks a year and mom and dad........THIS is what you get!

The only people more embarrassing that the confederates themselves are those who continue to revere them. Living in a past that never existed. And thank god for that.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 11:14 PM
The only people more embarrassing that the confederates themselves are those who continue to revere them. Living in a past that never existed. And thank god for that.

General Westmoreland also covered himself in glory at the Battle of Midway in 1863.

Yotes
November 9th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Southern/Confederate pride is an embarrassment to our nation.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 11:18 PM

Westy also distinguished himself at the Battle of the Marne in 1864.

Darlinikki150
November 9th, 2013, 11:18 PM
This isn't near as fun as I expected as I do not know who the hell I guys are talking about. I wanted sum crazy smack talk dammit :)

superman7515
November 9th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Just goes to show, the movie was right...

http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2010/01/03/3/301/3019466/image.xlarge/i/One-Never-Knows-When-Homosexual-About-Video.jpg

Beware boys, one never knows when the homosexual is about.

chattownmocs
November 9th, 2013, 11:20 PM

F you. And General Patraeus should have been charged with war crimes for his march to the sea.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 11:23 PM
General Westmoreland had his crowning victory in the desperate engagement at Marathon in 1865. They still teach his battle plan from this battle at west point.

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2013, 11:29 PM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has joined AGS! What you fail to comprehend in that grossly over-priced mediocre education is that the Civil War was started over the tyrannical nature of an overbearing Federal Government, not slavery. Even President Lincoln acknowledges that. If I were you, I'd go back to G'town and demand a refund because they didn't do $h!t in educating you.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Ladies & Gentlemen, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has joined AGS! What you fail to comprehend in that grossly over-priced mediocre education is that the Civil War was started over the tyrannical nature of an overbearing Federal Government, not slavery. Even President Lincoln acknowledges that. If I were you, I'd go back to G'town and demand a refund because they didn't do $h!t in educating you.

we had good Generals though. With Westmoreland, Lee and Jackson.

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2013, 11:32 PM

Yotes, you get back in the corner where you belong with the rest of the brainwashed. I've already schooled my Yankee sister-in-law (a former history teacher) last year about the War of Northern Aggression, You'll be a walk in the park.

HoyaMetanoia
November 9th, 2013, 11:32 PM

I'm sorry you're a poor.

chattownmocs
November 9th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I'm sorry you're a poor.

He's a poor what? Those damned Vietcong should have been a lot more civil and we would have never had that war.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 11:39 PM
I'm sorry you're a poor.

We gave our ALL for General Westmoreland and THE CAUSE!

that's why we're poor

fmrbearkat
November 9th, 2013, 11:41 PM

So I'm betting the libtards at Georgetown keep you believing that the civil war was about slavery and that the emancipation proclamation freed all the slaves??? Amiright huh?? Probably don't mention that the emancipation proclamation actually freed all the slaves in the states that were rebelling but did not free the 1 million plus slaves in the yankee states! Lincoln's reasoning for this as he stated...I'd do it but every general I had would throw down their guns and fight for the south!

Now I don't agree with slavery and am glad its gone but the bull**** spewed from the north back then is no different than the bull**** coming from the liberals now!!

A few fun facts for you:

The biggest race riot in American history took place in the northeast!
Black people had even less rights and equality in the north than in the south at that time!
Lincoln himself stated that he doesn't believe in slavery but he also doesn't believe blacks should have the same rights as whites.
And you want to talk about generals making foolish mistakes?? How about the biggest Yellowdog in history General George McClellan turning tale and deserting his troops not once but THREE times!!! Still a bunch of damn cowards living up north! Guess its in the water up there!!

Grizzlies82
November 9th, 2013, 11:50 PM

Sort of out of the loop on this one. So who was this confederate character, Pat Sullivan?

fmrbearkat
November 9th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Sort of out of the loop on this one. So who was this confederate character, Pat Sullivan?

Im betting he is considering it to be Westmoreland since he is from South Carolina!

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 11:56 PM

He was General Westmoreland's Adjutant. He was severely wounded in the A Shau Valley, Va campaign in 1862.

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2013, 11:58 PM
“A Union of the States containing such an ingredient seemed to provide for its own destruction. The use of force against a State would look more like a declaration of war than an infliction of punishment and would probably be considered by the party attacked as a dissolution of all previous compacts by which it might be bound.” - James Madison at the 1787 Constitutional Convention

On the eve of war in 1861, Rep. Jacob M. Kunkel of Maryland said, “Any attempt to preserve the Union between the States of this Confederacy by force would be impractical, and destructive of republican liberty.”

The ratification documents of Virginia, New York and Rhode Island explicitly said that they held the right to resume powers delegated, should the federal government become abusive of those powers. The Constitution never would have been ratified if states thought that they could not maintain their sovereignty. Americans celebrate Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address, but H.L. Mencken correctly evaluated the speech: “It is poetry, not logic; beauty, not sense.” Lincoln said that the soldiers sacrificed their lives “to the cause of self-determination – that government of the people, by the people, for the people should not perish from the earth.” Mencken says: “It is difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The Union soldiers in the battle actually fought against self-determination; it was the Confederates who fought for the right of people to govern themselves.”

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 12:05 AM
I love it when u Southerners quote dead guys. So sexy!

Yotes
November 10th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Yotes, you get back in the corner where you belong with the rest of the brainwashed. I've already schooled my Yankee sister-in-law (a former history teacher) last year about the War of Northern Aggression, You'll be a walk in the park.
I was going to mock you and call it the War of Northern Aggression, guess you beat me to it. What's to be bitter about here? Why are you guys stuck in an era of your own revisionist history? What do you want? White power? Every county to be it's own nation?

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 12:10 AM
I was going to mock you and call it the War of Northern Aggression, guess you beat me to it. What's to be bitter about here? Why are you guys stuck in an era of your own revisionist history? What do you want? White power? Every county to be it's own nation?

DO NOT ENGAGE YOTES! Lmao. Oh god I love Southerners!

fmrbearkat
November 10th, 2013, 12:26 AM
“A Union of the States containing such an ingredient seemed to provide for its own destruction. The use of force against a State would look more like a declaration of war than an infliction of punishment and would probably be considered by the party attacked as a dissolution of all previous compacts by which it might be bound.” - James Madison at the 1787 Constitutional Convention

On the eve of war in 1861, Rep. Jacob M. Kunkel of Maryland said, “Any attempt to preserve the Union between the States of this Confederacy by force would be impractical, and destructive of republican liberty.”

The ratification documents of Virginia, New York and Rhode Island explicitly said that they held the right to resume powers delegated, should the federal government become abusive of those powers. The Constitution never would have been ratified if states thought that they could not maintain their sovereignty. Americans celebrate Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address, but H.L. Mencken correctly evaluated the speech: “It is poetry, not logic; beauty, not sense.” Lincoln said that the soldiers sacrificed their lives “to the cause of self-determination – that government of the people, by the people, for the people should not perish from the earth.” Mencken says: “It is difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The Union soldiers in the battle actually fought against self-determination; it was the Confederates who fought for the right of people to govern themselves.”

Soundssimilar to the "Change" speech from that moron on Pennsylvania Avenue! All hammer and no nail!

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2013, 12:31 AM

I'll give you the clff notes version. It's not about race, socio-economic status, religion, gender or any other "type" that Liberals like to group people into. It's about the rights granted to us by God and not government like the Founding Fathers understood. The genius of those men was that each State is sovereign and the Federal Government was created not to rule over the States but to assist the 13 (now 50) States in duties that were common to them, i.e. defense, currency, and international commerce. Over the past 200 years, the rights of the States have been trampled by an ever-growing Federal Government through use of the military on domestic soil, unfunded Federal mandates, and the wasteful spending of an individual's hard-earned money.

Thus endeth the lesson for today.

Grizzlies82
November 10th, 2013, 12:32 AM
He was General Westmoreland's Adjutant. He was severely wounded in the A Shau Valley, Va campaign in 1862.

Then I'm with the originator of this thread. Clearly this Pat Sullivan character should resign.
The south did lose the war. Plus he must be getting pretty long in the tooth. If he doesn't resign, I say fire him!
Glad to help.

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 12:41 AM
I'll give you the clff notes version. It's not about race, socio-economic status, religion, gender or any other "type" that Liberals like to group people into. It's about the rights granted to us by God and not government like the Founding Fathers understood. The genius of those men was that each State is sovereign and the Federal Government was created not to rule over the States but to assist the 13 (now 50) States in duties that were common to them, i.e. defense, currency, and international commerce. Over the past 200 years, the rights of the States have been trampled by an ever-growing Federal Government through use of the military on domestic soil, unfunded Federal mandates, and the wasteful spending of an individual's hard-earned money.

Not that I really wanna engage this southern nonsense, but do u jot think in 2013 it is necessary for the federal government to be more involved? The world is much more complicated now than 25, 50, 100 years ago. While I see ur point, I just don't believe it to be valid in this day and age. It seems unreasonable to have 50 states having all sorts of different laws. At sum point there has to be continuity on the larger issues of the day, decade, century.

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 12:41 AM

I have stayed out of this fray except for mocking our friend from georgetown for his amazing lack of knowledge on the history of his own country but couldn't let the above go......

You mock US? You who have no history or tradition? We FOUNDED the 'late united states' and WON the First Revolution after that war had been all but lost by the yankees. Revisionist you say? The only revision is what passes for the history of the late struggle. We were right and our understanding of the relationship betwixt the States and the national government is the one held by the founders. The States are SOVEREIGNS and voluntarily surrendered "limited and few" powers to the national government by ratifying the Constitution with the people in convention. The States are the creator and the national government their creature. Nikki you're going to need some new Thunder Undies after the below quote......

The great and leading principle is, that the General Government emanated from the people of the several States, forming distinct political communities, and acting in their separate and sovereign capacity, and not from all of the people forming one aggregate political community; that the Constitution of the United States is, in fact, a compact, to which each State is a party, in the character already described; and that the several States, or parties, have a right to judge of its infractions; and in case of a deliberate, palpable, and dangerous exercise of power not delegated, they have the right, in the last resort, to use the language of the Virginia Resolutions, “to interpose for arresting the progress of the evil, and for maintaining, within their respective limits, the authorities, rights, and liberties appertaining to them.

http://www.constitution.org/jcc/jccincap.gif

John Caldwell Calhoun

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Not that I really wanna engage this southern nonsense, but do u jot think in 2013 it is necessary for the federal government to be more involved? The world is much more complicated now than 25, 50, 100 years ago. While I see ur point, I just don't believe it to be valid in this day and age. It seems unreasonable to have 50 states having all sorts of different laws. At sum point there has to be continuity on the larger issues of the day, decade, century.

No! The national government does not need to be involved in the affairs of the several States. South Carolina, BY YAHWEH, is going to be run by SOUTH CAROLINA!

Mr. C
November 10th, 2013, 12:46 AM
This has got to be one of the WEIRDEST threads ever in AGS history. Thanks, Citdog for starting all of this.

Squealofthepig
November 10th, 2013, 12:49 AM
What this thread has taught me: ALL of my reaction gifs are way too large for AGS, and shall only be unleashed on reddit.

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 12:49 AM
No! The national government does not need to be involved in the affairs of the several States. South Carolina, BY YAHWEH, is going to be run by SOUTH CAROLINA!

I don't agree. Is south Carolina prepared to fund and rebuild a city after a Monmouth storm? I'm not trying to be a snide northern and there are a cpl topics I could bring up to make my point but it will just turn into a **** show so I will bow out. U southerens can have this win, u get so few.

Kisses!

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 12:50 AM
This has got to be one of the WEIRDEST threads ever in AGS history. Thanks, Citdog for starting all of this.

63k a year and georgetown boy doesn't know that this is General William Westmoreland....

http://www.bagnewsnotes.com/files/bagnews/images/Johnson-Westmoreland.jpg

hey georgetown he's the one on the left you ignorant wretch. the other guy was president of the 'late united States'

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 12:51 AM
I don't agree. Is south Carolina prepared to fund and rebuild a city after a Monmouth storm? I'm not trying to be a snide northern and there are a cpl topics I could bring up to make my point but it will just turn into a **** show so I will bow out. U southerens can have this win, u get so few.

Kisses!

the "limited and few" powers expressly spelled out in the Constitution will do just fine

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 12:59 AM
the "limited and few" powers expressly spelled out in the Constitution will do just fine

That vision of the world is why Northern just love the South, and why I would never be caught living or dying there. Now I am being a snide Northern. I await ur witty response.

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 01:12 AM
That vision of the world is why Northern just love the South, and why I would never be caught living or dying there. Now I am being a snide Northern. I await ur witty response.

We have and we will "Live and die for Dixie"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1oA47Ti0I&bpctr=1384069206

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 01:18 AM
We have and we will "Live and die for Dixie"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1oA47Ti0I&bpctr=1384069206

Lame! I didnt even chuckle dammit, but i know its hard to have post perfection everytime! Til we meet again, prob tomorrow. This Bison fan needs sum sleep. Damn it was windy tailgating today.

FormerPokeCenter
November 10th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Take slavery out of the picture...If you evaluate the Federal War against States Rights on the merits and you fail to see just how valiantly the south prosecuted their end of the war despite the north's overwhelming superiority in population numbers, wealth, manufacturing, etc., then you're not too terribly bright...

The south waged a brilliant war, leveraging technology in their favor. Because of their significant disadvantages with regard to resources, they had to...The fact that the Confederacy lasted as long as it did is a testament to the brilliance of the Southern command structure.

IF the North had had the South's generals and the north's numeric superiority, the whole thing would have been over with in about four months...

Think of the South's resistance to the north like a Division II school playing a BCS school to a tie at halftime, but losing in the last quarter due to the BCS school's incredible depth with 40 more scholarships....

I can't believe northern FCS fans don't understand the bigger picture...

Lincoln freed the slaves, but only in those states who were involved in armed insurrection and rebellion. He didn't free the slaves in the non-revolting states...

Lehigh'98
November 10th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Take slavery out of the picture...If you evaluate the Federal War against States Rights on the merits and you fail to see just how valiantly the south prosecuted their end of the war despite the north's overwhelming superiority in population numbers, wealth, manufacturing, etc., then you're not too terribly bright...

The south waged a brilliant war, leveraging technology in their favor. Because of their significant disadvantages with regard to resources, they had to...The fact that the Confederacy lasted as long as it did is a testament to the brilliance of the Southern command structure.

IF the North had had the South's generals and the north's numeric superiority, the whole thing would have been over with in about four months...

Think of the South's resistance to the north like a Division II school playing a BCS school to a tie at halftime, but losing in the last quarter due to the BCS school's incredible depth with 40 more scholarships....

I can't believe northern FCS fans don't understand the bigger picture...

Lincoln freed the slaves, but only in those states who were involved in armed insurrection and rebellion. He didn't free the slaves in the non-revolting states...

This is Captain Obvious speaking, but not too many people in the North know very much about the Civil War at all today (this is ashame, yet true, walk down Queens Blvd an ask a few people). If they do know anything, they think of it as the war that freed the slaves and kept the US together. The Confederate Flag is seen as a racist sign today. Some may still see it as a symbol states fighting for their rights(and have a good point), but those people are vastly outnumbered in 2013. From history's perspective, Lincoln won because people don't remember (or study or care) about the details, all they know is the big picture. Nothing will change that now.

walliver
November 10th, 2013, 06:33 AM
I assume Pat Sullivan freed his slaves causing his team to lose, while planning his futile March on Hanoi.

It is easy, and incredibly tempting, to blame a coach after a very disappointing two week stretch, but Pat Sullivan has done good things at Samford.

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Exactly what do u Southerners think the USA would be today if Lincoln didn't do wat he did? And just out of curiosity, which president is ur favorite?

While u may be correct that a majority of citizens don't know the whole story of the civil war, most citizens knowledge is from history class in school. Is that the states fault for not educating us on the real story? Or is the federal government aka dept of educations fault? While I find the civil war interesting, I prefer WW1 and WWII. Its amazing how our government executed both wars. Normandy alone blows puts the civil war to shame in regards to heroism, scheming, strategy etc. I love the military channel! Carry on

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 10th, 2013, 08:20 AM
F you. And General Patraeus should have been charged with war crimes for his march to the sea.

Was that after George Washington defeated the Nazi invasion Plymouth Rock?

catamount man
November 10th, 2013, 08:56 AM
states rights=keeping them thar negroes as our slaves. END OF STORY. Tecumseh says hello. LOL!

dgtw
November 10th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Yotes
November 10th, 2013, 10:47 AM
The South will rise again!

SU DOG
November 10th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I assume Pat Sullivan freed his slaves causing his team to lose, while planning his futile March on Hanoi.

It is easy, and incredibly tempting, to blame a coach after a very disappointing two week stretch, but Pat Sullivan has done good things at Samford.

+1000 walliver. When Pat left UAB, he had not only the Samford offer, but an FBS one(out West), as well. With family ties, he didn't want to leave B'ham, so he accepted Samford's. Before he did so, however, he demanded support both financially for him and his staff, and in facility upgrades. I will always be thankful to him for the good things he has done for Samford Football in those areas other than just coaching. The school's administration finally gave football a chance for a level playing field. Pat is obviously not well, and I hope he does whatever is best for himself.

Saint3333
November 10th, 2013, 12:03 PM
This has been a great read.

Can anyone name the best and at the same time the worst invention for the south?

fmrbearkat
November 10th, 2013, 12:49 PM

Can anyone name the best and at the same time the worst invention for the south?

The modern rifle, the railroad, and the births navy were the main "things" that hindered the south IMO not excluding the biggest factor of being grossly outnumbered.

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM

cotton gin

Saint3333
November 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Air conditioning. It made southerns comfortable in their homes, but made damn Yankees comfortable enough in the summer that they moved down here and realized how much better things are in the south. Jobs, weather, women.

Sir William
November 10th, 2013, 01:15 PM

The Allman Brothers

superman7515
November 10th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Toothpaste

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Toothpaste

That can't be true :)

fmrbearkat
November 10th, 2013, 03:41 PM
The Allman Brothers

I tend to side with The Marshall Tucker Band or Creedence but I can sure dig some Allman Brothers too! Nothing compares to some good southern rock!!

HoyaMetanoia
November 10th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I have stayed out of this fray except for mocking our friend from georgetown for his amazing lack of knowledge on the history of his own country but couldn't let the above go......

You mock US? You who have no history or tradition? We FOUNDED the 'late united states' and WON the First Revolution after that war had been all but lost by the yankees. Revisionist you say? The only revision is what passes for the history of the late struggle. We were right and our understanding of the relationship betwixt the States and the national government is the one held by the founders. The States are SOVEREIGNS and voluntarily surrendered "limited and few" powers to the national government by ratifying the Constitution with the people in convention. The States are the creator and the national government their creature. Nikki you're going to need some new Thunder Undies after the below quote......

The great and leading principle is, that the General Government emanated from the people of the several States, forming distinct political communities, and acting in their separate and sovereign capacity, and not from all of the people forming one aggregate political community; that the Constitution of the United States is, in fact, a compact, to which each State is a party, in the character already described; and that the several States, or parties, have a right to judge of its infractions; and in case of a deliberate, palpable, and dangerous exercise of power not delegated, they have the right, in the last resort, to use the language of the Virginia Resolutions, “to interpose for arresting the progress of the evil, and for maintaining, within their respective limits, the authorities, rights, and liberties appertaining to them.

http://www.constitution.org/jcc/jccincap.gif

John Caldwell Calhoun

There is no "us" or "we", bro. Unless you actually fought in the war.

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 03:54 PM
There is no "us" or "we", bro. Unless you actually fought in the war.

I DID, hoya, I DID!

http://www.writingriffs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/patton_in_color.jpg

ElCid
November 10th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I DID, hoya, I DID!

http://www.writingriffs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/patton_in_color.jpg

The sad part is this probably went way over his head.

biobengal
November 10th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Air conditioning. It made southerns comfortable in their homes, but made damn Yankees comfortable enough in the summer that they moved down here and realized how much better things are in the south. Jobs, weather, women.

Don't these said yankees constantly talk about how much better it is over thar? IMO, right to work laws will sort out the jobs migration in years to come.

However, this Idahoan (called a Canadian by the dbags where I live) has a love-hate with Tampa.... some bad: this is deep south... Mexico. Some good: was hanging out the other night in Ybor City drinking some sangaria and good beer with great Cuban food while wearing shorts at 10pm. Hard to beat the thermal advantages of the south.

Yet, IMO, it would be better for both the north and south if a peaceful split would occur. The north can move toward a Northern European style social democracy; the south can have the t-bag confederacy.

SoCon2013
November 10th, 2013, 04:57 PM

You made some excellent points about the role of the federal government. Hell, now under Obama, Reid, and Pelosi, we are required by law to buy health insurance. A good example of federal interference is that Medicaid is a federal program, yet states have to pay a large part of the costs.
What I don't get is the part where you mentioned the use of the federal military on domestic soil. Could you explain? FWIW, I think the military should be used to protect the borders from the invasion we call illegal immigration.

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Don't these said yankees constantly talk about how much better it is over thar? IMO, right to work laws will sort out the jobs migration in years to come.

However, this Idahoan (called a Canadian by the dbags where I live) has a love-hate with Tampa.... some bad: this is deep south... Mexico. Some good: was hanging out the other night in Ybor City drinking some sangaria and good beer with great Cuban food while wearing shorts at 10pm. Hard to beat the thermal advantages of the south.

Yet, IMO, it would be better for both the north and south if a peaceful split would occur. The north can move toward a Northern European style social democracy; the south can have the t-bag confederacy.

an amicable divorce is all the South has ever wanted. we will be taking the Constitution too, just like we did in 1860, as y'all don't seem to be interested in following it anymore anyway.

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 05:31 PM
an amicable divorce is all the South has ever wanted. we will be taking the Constitution too, just like we did in 1860, as y'all don't seem to be interested in following it anymore anyway.

So exactly what States would like this amicable divorce?

buffalobill
November 10th, 2013, 05:51 PM
63k a year and georgetown boy doesn't know that this is General William Westmoreland....

http://www.bagnewsnotes.com/files/bagnews/images/Johnson-Westmoreland.jpg

hey georgetown he's the one on the left you ignorant wretch. the other guy was president of the 'late united States'
The one on the right continued and embellished the big government of FDR and he was from Texas of all places!

buffalobill
November 10th, 2013, 05:54 PM
That can't be true :)
If it had been invented in the North it would have been teethpaste.

SU DOG
November 10th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Has there EVER been a stranger thread mutation than this one? LOL

FormerPokeCenter
November 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Seems pretty normal to me! ;)

Yotes
November 10th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I wish you guys would secede, just to realize how much stronger you were when you were part of a whole. Succeeding with that secession would have been the worst thing for you anyways, wouldn't have taken more than a few years before you'd be a dozen different unions all fighting amongst yourselves in new civil wars.

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 07:51 PM
wouldn't have taken more than a few years before you'd be a dozen different unions all fighting amongst yourselves in new civil wars.

I have ALWAYS been for an invasion and reconquering of North Carolina simply to put an end to ketchup and vinegar based BBQ Sauces for once and for all time.

Saint3333
November 10th, 2013, 08:11 PM
H&ll no, you can take our states rights but you better not mess with our BBQ!

Livgriz
November 10th, 2013, 08:11 PM
I wish you guys would secede, just to realize how much stronger you were when you were part of a whole. Succeeding with that secession would have been the worst thing for you anyways, wouldn't have taken more than a few years before you'd be a dozen different unions all fighting amongst yourselves in new civil wars.

Thats what the historian Shelby Foote said at the conclusion of his civil war history. And he sympathized with the south.

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Thats what the historian Shelby Foote said at the conclusion of his civil war history. And he sympathized with the south.

Shelby went kind of senile there at the end........

Doesn't change the fact that we were RIGHT

walliver
November 10th, 2013, 09:06 PM
The one on the right continued and embellished the big government of FDR and he was from Texas of all places!

LBJ always considered himself a Westerner not a Southerner.

Interestingly, the beloved man he replaced lowered taxes, supported the military and didn't care for black people ... and was a democrat.

Now, as to what this has to do with Pat Sullivan, I haven't a clue.

T-Dog
November 10th, 2013, 09:13 PM
H&ll no, you can take our states rights but you better not mess with our BBQ!

They can take everything east of W-S for all I care. Vinegar-based BBQ is inferior.

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 09:22 PM
They can take everything east of W-S for all I care. Vinegar-based BBQ is inferior.

MUSTARD POWER!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/205/0/b/gay_black_jewish_klan_symbol_by_zimdrake-d41hdi0.png

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2013, 09:28 PM
I have ALWAYS been for an invasion and reconquering of North Carolina simply to put an end to ketchup and vinegar based BBQ Sauces for once and for all time.

Careful Citdog, we'll neuter your mustard-lovin' ass. Hell, you've probably been sneaking Miracle Whip hits up in Missoula. Already forgotten about Duke's mayonnaise, haven't you?

citdog
November 10th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Careful Citdog, we'll neuter your mustard-lovin' ass. Hell, you've probably been sneaking Miracle Whip hits up in Missoula. Already forgotten about Duke's mayonnaise, haven't you?

DUKES is the BEST. NO contest. Anything that says "Salad Dressing" right on the side of the jar has to be ****!

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2013, 10:16 PM
So exactly what States would like this amicable divorce?

Off the top of my head & going east to west:

North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
West Virginia
Indiana?
Kentucky
Tennessee
Alabama
Mississippi
Louisiana
Arkansas
Missouri
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Nevada
Arizona
rural California
Alaska

This would split the "old" United States into 2 separate geographical areas (Left Coast & Rust Belt/Yankeedom). The "new & improved" US consisting of the states listed above would control the majority of the food, water, & energy supply for the continent along with much of the current economic growth.

The Left Coast, Rust Belt, & Yankeedom would buckle under the existing welfare handouts and tax their population to the better States (wait, that's already happening)

ElCid
November 10th, 2013, 10:27 PM
DUKES is the BEST. NO contest. Anything that says "Salad Dressing" right on the side of the jar has to be ****!

Hear, hear!

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 10:44 PM

North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
West Virginia
Indiana?
Kentucky
Tennessee
Alabama
Mississippi
Louisiana
Arkansas
Missouri
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Nevada
Arizona
rural California
Alaska

This would split the "old" United States into 2 separate geographical areas (Left Coast & Rust Belt/Yankeedom). The "new & improved" US consisting of the states listed above would control the majority of the food, water, & energy supply for the continent along with much of the current economic growth.

The Left Coast, Rust Belt, & Yankeedom would buckle under the existing welfare handouts and tax their population to the better States (wait, that's already happening)

Well I would have to move if North Dakota is in that Southern fray. Disappointing, I love it here.

superman7515
November 10th, 2013, 10:58 PM

North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
West Virginia
Indiana?
Kentucky
Tennessee
Alabama
Mississippi
Louisiana
Arkansas
Missouri
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Nevada
Arizona
rural California
Alaska

And this brand new state made up of the DelMarVa penninsula that is far and away more southern leaning than not...
http://s323248856.onlinehome.us/images/peninsula.jpg

BisonFan02
November 10th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Well I would have to move if North Dakota is in that Southern fray. Disappointing, I love it here.

No problem, move to Minnesota (Moorhead). Moorhead is just like Fargo anyway right? :D Problem solved!

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2013, 11:29 PM

So you love the socio-economic & political climate of ND but wouldn't want to stay there if they banded together with like-minded "maker" states to rid the country of the "taker" states

superman7515
November 10th, 2013, 11:39 PM

Don't worry, this guy will be in charge in the Dakotas...

http://i3.minus.com/ibxMPah6FLKzDa.jpg

And all he does is move backwards.

OL FU
November 11th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Dang, I looked here hoping to see some Alabama Dog angst and all I got was the same old Civil Ware Chatterxlolx

Tubakat2014
November 11th, 2013, 07:20 AM

It's less about being Southern and more about being a producer. I was born and raised in Texas, and likely will die in Texas. But I would still love to live in a state like North Dakota because of the hard-working mentality that your state shares with Texas and a lot of other states. There are plenty of good, strong people in every state in this country, but some states naturally attract more of those people than others.

walliver
November 11th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Dang, I looked here hoping to see some Alabama Dog angst and all I got was the same old Civil Ware Chatterxlolx

What is most amazing is that the Late Unpleasantness discussion arose after criticism of a Vietnam War general. Apparently, since Westmoreland spent a year at the Citadel before transferring and starting over at West Point, this naturally led to the Confederacy - all of this confounding by a few people with no concept of history - apparently the War of Northern Aggression was started by the Tea Party and Pat Sullivan.

OL FU
November 11th, 2013, 07:46 AM
What is most amazing is that the Late Unpleasantness discussion arose after criticism of a Vietnam War general. Apparently, since Westmoreland spent a year at the Citadel before transferring and starting over at West Point, this naturally led to the Confederacy - all of this confounding by a few people with no concept of history - apparently the War of Northern Aggression was started by the Tea Party and Pat Sullivan.

I can believe that Pat had something to do with itxnodx

CID1990
November 11th, 2013, 08:22 AM

Hey Citdog- we supplied more troops than any other Confederate state- so bring it! We'd stop you bunch of asylum inmates before you got out of Rock Hill.

Well, maybe not Rock Hill. We'd let you have Charlotte.

And BTW- I have seen better BBQ sauce in my daughters diaper than that nasty mustard and mayonnaise crap they put on pork in SC

biobengal
November 11th, 2013, 08:32 AM

North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
West Virginia
Indiana?
Kentucky
Tennessee
Alabama
Mississippi
Louisiana
Arkansas
Missouri
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Nevada
Arizona
rural California
Alaska

You southerns can be so sanctimonious.... besides, Idaho and Montana would want no part of this abortion.

Cascadia Forever!!

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/bbf/9bd/bbf9bd6b-1ed8-436f-a272-726ee9cf6f18

walliver
November 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Hey Citdog- we supplied more troops than any other Confederate state- so bring it! We'd stop you bunch of asylum inmates before you got out of Rock Hill.

Well, maybe not Rock Hill. We'd let you have Charlotte.

And BTW- I have seen better BBQ sauce in my daughters diaper than that nasty mustard and mayonnaise crap they put on pork in SC

We don't want Charlotte, or Raleigh, or Durham, and definitely not Chapel Hill.

biobengal
November 11th, 2013, 09:55 AM

Ho

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/UserFiles/Image/Blog/beertaxmap.jpg
More info here:

http://taxfoundation.org/maps

You might be surprised by sales and state tax rates in many southern states. IMO, people are moving to the south because jobs are migrating to low wage states... kind of like how the U.S. outsources jobs to developing countries.

CID1990
November 11th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Ho

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/UserFiles/Image/Blog/beertaxmap.jpg
More info here:

http://taxfoundation.org/maps

You might be surprised by sales and state tax rates in many southern states. IMO, people are moving to the south because jobs are migrating to low wage states... kind of like how the U.S. outsources jobs to developing countries.

Yes, the southern states do have lower wages. The left likes to point that out while conveniently leaving out that the southern states almost across the board also have a significantly lower cost of living, cheaper housing (check out what you can get in the Dallas area for less than 300k), cheaper gas, groceries, and even cheaper, yes, beer.

And we have BBQ. /thread

biobengal
November 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Yes, the southern states do have lower wages. The left likes to point that out while conveniently leaving out that the southern states almost across the board also have a significantly lower cost of living, cheaper housing (check out what you can get in the Dallas area for less than 300k), cheaper gas, groceries, and even cheaper, yes, beer.

This tells me everything I need to know about the south.... one additional point about the south... never eat sushi in small town Mississippi.

http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/files/2012/07/twitterbeerchurchfixed.jpg

FormerPokeCenter
November 11th, 2013, 10:18 AM

And we have BBQ. /thread

That's a very nice treatise on the inflation inherent to the economies of the large population centers...there's an increased cost to transporting goods to those centers that, in turn, causes an increase in pretty much everything...

And that ignores that if you took the rural, agrarian economies of, say, the south out of the equation, the northern population centers would starve, which makes their collective group think mentality of knowing what's best for the rest of us so ironic...

When the norithern population centers can be self-sustaining and self-sufficient, they can lecture the rest of us on how to conduct our affairs. The south, by contrast, would be self-sufficient, immediately in the event of an amicable divorce...

And just to bring this discussion full circle, the War of Northern Aggression was little more than mob rule, writ large. The North knew that without the South's natural resources, they'd crumble. At it's heart, the American Civil war was remarkably similar to Japan's actions in WWII, when they determined that China was to be their "Northern Resource Area" and invaded it...

The numerically superior northern parasites needed Southern resources and used military numeric superiority to get them....

When the north talked about preserving the Union, it wasn't about rights...it was about resources...If it had been about rights and the rule of law, slavery would have been ended in every territory where it existed, instead of during the war in only THOSE states who were actively engaged in armed "insurrection"...

jub1982
November 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Montana and Idaho would jump to be part of this. Parts of Montana have been threatening to secede for a few years. Also Utah would fit in with the "new and improved" U.S. better than the left overs.

You southerns can be so sanctimonious.... besides, Idaho and Montana would want no part of this abortion.

Cascadia Forever!!

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/bbf/9bd/bbf9bd6b-1ed8-436f-a272-726ee9cf6f18

ASUMountaineer
November 11th, 2013, 10:55 AM

How do we convince the other northerners to adopt this mentality? ;)

CID1990
November 11th, 2013, 11:39 AM

I was thinking the same thing, especially since the whole 'seeding the mosquitoes' project to keep the Yankees out didn't work

biobengal
November 11th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing, especially since the whole 'seeding the mosquitoes' project to keep the Yankees out didn't work

That may be drawing them in moth to the flame, it has always been my understanding that mosquitoes and blackflies increase further north, especially the upper midwest; the Canadian boreal forest and Alaskan tundra are miserable. I know this, Maine was far worse for mosquitoes and blackflies than the many parts in Florida I've spent my time. Of course, some parts of Florida, Everglades City for one, would be unlivable without mosquito control.

walliver
November 11th, 2013, 12:21 PM

If Pat Sullivan resigns, would that solve the problem.

It seems this whole mess is his fault.

Darlinikki150
November 11th, 2013, 12:26 PM
No problem, move to Minnesota (Moorhead). Moorhead is just like Fargo anyway right? :D Problem solved!

Just no. Not the same in any way, shape, or form.

biobengal
November 11th, 2013, 12:27 PM
If Pat Sullivan resigns, would that solve the problem.

It seems this whole mess is his fault.

Who is Pat Sullivan?

Darlinikki150
November 11th, 2013, 12:30 PM
So you love the socio-economic & political climate of ND but wouldn't want to stay there if they banded together with like-minded "maker" states to rid the country of the "taker" states

Actually most of the southern states are takers. They have the highest unemployment, lowest wages, and highest medical cost dye. North Dakota has the lowest unemployment, wages aren't great but Im a Union worker so mine is awesome, and we have a billion dollars in our coffers. Plus we are actually more progressive than most ppl think. We sent another Democrat to Senate again. North Dakota is really nothing like the southern states.

Next..

fmrbearkat
November 11th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Actually most of the southern states are takers. They have the highest unemployment, lowest wages, and highest medical cost dye. North Dakota has the lowest unemployment, wages aren't great but Im a Union worker so mine is awesome, and we have a billion dollars in our coffers. Plus we are actually more progressive than most ppl think. We sent another Democrat to Senate again. North Dakota is really nothing like the southern states.

Next..

First most southern states are self sustainable. Think more necessities than wants. Second compare any other state to Texas and it won't even be close. North Dakota might be one of the very very few states that does have a descent piggy bank. Texas being another. Problem with North Dakota is a HUGE percentage of the people there earning those wages are there for 6 weeks at a time and then move home and spend their money back there. The housing market in Texas is better than any other state as well. Something like 1,900 peopler per day are moving to Texas. 5 of the to 10 fastest growing cities in the US are in Texas including quite a few Fortune 500 companies. 99% of the people in the US do not want to live in ND. They want to go there make their money and get the hell out.

Now that being said I wish so many people were not moving to Texas and the fact that people don't really want to live in ND does appeal to me. Once the gas boom fizzles out ND will go back to being ND and people will intentionally drive around it as to not pay Canadian border fees when entering xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
November 11th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Highest unemployment? I think you may want to take a look at this....

http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/2013-state-unemployment-rates.aspx

As to North Dakota's low unemployment. Most of the southern states have CITIES with more residents than the entire state, so "Lowest" unemployment is deceiving....There are only 699,000 people in No Dak....

Congrats, you've got marginally more people than Vermont and the District of Columbia ;)

OL FU
November 11th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Who is Pat Sullivan?

I think he is the only confederate general to have lost a battle, in fact, I think he lost the war

UCMoc
November 11th, 2013, 01:02 PM
MUSTARD POWER!

Having spent four years living in the state that houses your school, I will tell you that you can keep any of that yellow trash that the Bessinger's tried to inflict on me.

fmrbearkat
November 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I think he is the only confederate general to have lost a battle, in fact, I think he lost the war

Confederate???? I thought we were talking about the Whiskey Rebellion this whole time??? I just assumed General Westmoreland wanted to do away with any Irish Whiskey and make Bourbon the national whiskey!!

OL FU
November 11th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Confederate???? I thought we were talking about the Whiskey Rebellion this whole time??? I just assumed General Westmoreland wanted to do away with any Irish Whiskey and make Bourbon the national whiskey!!

Bourbon is Irish whiskey made from corn instead of barley. If the south could have ever determined a way to distill cotton no one could have taken us.

And citdog, don't even mention rice. Can't top the Japs when it comes to drinking rice.

Darlinikki150
November 11th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Haters of ND can hate while we laugh all the way to a better life. I love ND, and its cold. Keeps the southern rif raf out which pleases me. U can have the south, no one else wants it.

OL FU
November 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Haters of ND can hate while we laugh all the way to a better life. I love ND, and its cold. Keeps the southern rif raf out which pleases me. U can have the south, no one else wants it.

I like Notre Damexnodx

walliver
November 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM

I wish that were true, but we are suffering an overwhelming invasion of Mexicans on the southern border and yankees on our northern border. Some areas like South Florida, the Research Triangle, and Northern Virginia have been culturally annihilated.

Darlinikki150
November 11th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I wish that were true, but we are suffering an overwhelming invasion of Mexicans on the southern border and yankees on our northern border. Some areas like South Florida, the Research Triangle, and Northern Virginia have been culturally annihilated.

Well why can't the states take care of that? Or do u need federal help?

fmrbearkat
November 11th, 2013, 01:42 PM

North Dakota and better life has never been used in the same sentence.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2013, 01:44 PM
North Dakota and better life has never been used in the same sentence.

Sure it has. You know what hasn't? ND and poorest, most unemployed, sickest....

fmrbearkat
November 11th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Well why can't the states take care of that? Or do u need federal help?

NO WE ARE BEING HINDERED BY THE FEDS! We can't require them to have green cards to drive, cant keep them out of schools, can't require them to pay their own medical bills, can't just deport them if we see they are here illegally and we can't shoot them on site when they are crossing our boarders. Go to mexico or any other country and try that **** and see what happens. We would never see the light of day outside of a prison yard!

fmrbearkat
November 11th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Sure it has. You know what hasn't? ND and poorest, most unemployed, sickest....

Then why did you run so quickly from the frozen oilfields?? The only way my feet will not be planted in Texas is if I one day get sick enough to pull roots and head to Costa Rica!

OL FU
November 11th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Can we get back to Pat Sullivan. Good god I hadto suffer through the 390th rendition of the civil war and now I have to listen to amateur hour politics. PAT SULLIVAN SHOUD BE RUN OUT OF ALABAMA, EVEN THE COUNTRY. North Dakota sounds like a fine section of Canada for him to relocate.xnodx

fmrbearkat
November 11th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Can we get back to Pat Sullivan. Good god I hadto suffer through the 390th rendition of the civil war and now I have to listen to amateur hour politics. PAT SULLIVAN SHOUD BE RUN OUT OF ALABAMA, EVEN THE COUNTRY. North Dakota sounds like a fine section of Canada for him to relocate.xnodx

Then they would have the highest population growth in the country to go along with the lowest un employment! If he brought his wife and kids could you imagine the percentage increase xeekx

OL FU
November 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Then they would have the highest population growth in the country to go along with the lowest un employment! If he brought his wife and kids could you imagine the percentage increase xeekx

Pat would be unemployedxbawlingx

BisonFan02
November 11th, 2013, 01:57 PM

Send him to UND...they will be looking for a coach at the end of the year.

IBleedYellow
November 11th, 2013, 02:18 PM
This thread....

xsmhxxsmhx

I'm saddened ND voted in Heidi, Unions should be abolished, and our states money sits in a State Bank. I love North Dakota, but this place is turning more and more into Minnesota with every passing day. At least we aren't broke.

jub1982
November 11th, 2013, 02:36 PM
We'll be broke soon enough if we keep spending like we are. Also, UND would be a good fit for Pat Sullivan.

This thread....

xsmhxxsmhx

I'm saddened ND voted in Heidi, Unions should be abolished, and our states money sits in a State Bank. I love North Dakota, but this place is turning more and more into Minnesota with every passing day. At least we aren't broke.

344Johnson
November 11th, 2013, 02:51 PM

If no one wanted it then why did the United States allow over 400,000 of its citizens to die trying to take it back?

This thread....

xsmhxxsmhx

Heidi will be dealt with in due time. Unions are worthless in a state like ND with "Right to Work" laws thank God. North Dakota needs to be schooled up on avoiding becoming a Minnesota.

walliver
November 11th, 2013, 03:06 PM
This thread....

xsmhxxsmhx

I'm saddened ND voted in Heidi, ...

After she blacked out the end of the AFL game, she still got elected.

note to younger AGSer's: I'm talking about the real AFL, not the indoor people or aussies.

Southern Bison
November 11th, 2013, 03:34 PM

Next..

Since when is a Democratic Senator a good thing? Of course, since you are a union worker, you love their strong-arm tactics.

Like fmrbearkat said...Southern states are self-sustainable. It's cities in liberal (or Progressive as you like to call it) states and cities who have destroyed both respectively. Compton, CA; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Minneapolis, MN; Las Vegas, NV; Omaha, NE; Portland, OR; Harrisburg, PA; Trenton, NJ; Oakland, CA; & Providence, RI are all approaching bankruptcy largely due to cronyism between the Democrat leaders and the union bosses in regards to unfundable pension deficits.

Funny, I don't see a single Southern city that is suffering from this scenario.

Bison56
November 11th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Union worker in ND is about as useless as _______. Awesome wages? c'mon lol i would love to know what people consider "awesome wages" in ND.

biobengal
November 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Union worker in ND is about as useless as _______. Awesome wages? c'mon lol i would love to know what people consider "awesome wages" in ND.

Hyperbole much?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Since when is a Democratic Senator a good thing? Of course, since you are a union worker, you love their strong-arm tactics.

Like fmrbearkat said...Southern states are self-sustainable. It's cities in liberal (or Progressive as you like to call it) states and cities who have destroyed both respectively. Compton, CA; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Minneapolis, MN; Las Vegas, NV; Omaha, NE; Portland, OR; Harrisburg, PA; Trenton, NJ; Oakland, CA; & Providence, RI are all approaching bankruptcy largely due to cronyism between the Democrat leaders and the union bosses in regards to unfundable pension deficits.

Funny, I don't see a single Southern city that is suffering from this scenario.

Could be all those federal dollars rolling in.

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/Federal-aid-as-a-percentage-of-state-general-revenue-(large)_0.png

citdog
November 11th, 2013, 04:56 PM
what nodak fails to mention, but knows, is that retirees here cause those #'s to be skewed.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2013, 04:58 PM
what nodak fails to mention, but knows, is that retirees here cause those #'s to be skewed.

I forgot what a hot retirement spot Mississippi is.

FormerPokeCenter
November 11th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Could be all those federal dollars rolling in.

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/Federal-aid-as-a-percentage-of-state-general-revenue-(large)_0.png

Federal aid as a PERCENTAGE of state income doesn't really tell you anything. It's a useless metric. And, it includes things like monies paid for transportation infrastructure...

Take Louisiana for instance. Sure the federal government pays a nice percentage of the transportation bill here. However, those same highways transport goods OUT Of the port of New Orleans to the rest of the country and we won't even get into the energy produced here that's sent to other parts of the country....

But, to the low information mouthbreathers on the left side of the aise, that graphic will be presented as some sort of referendum on Louisiana being a public fund burden...

Again, that graphis is fairly well useless...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Federal aid as a PERCENTAGE of state income doesn't really tell you anything. It's a useless metric. And, it includes things like monies paid for transportation infrastructure...

Take Louisiana for instance. Sure the federal government pays a nice percentage of the transportation bill here. However, those same highways transport goods OUT Of the port of New Orleans to the rest of the country and we won't even get into the energy produced here that's sent to other parts of the country....

But, to the low information mouthbreathers on the left side of the aise, that graphic will be presented as some sort of referendum on Louisiana being a public fund burden...

Again, that graphis is fairly well useless...

Damnit, forgot to clear it with you first. Sorry.

FormerPokeCenter
November 11th, 2013, 05:04 PM
For instance, if you look at Federal Aid, per capita, North Dakota ranks as the 8th, despite being 48th in terms of population...

Feed at the Federal Trough, much???

FormerPokeCenter
November 11th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Damnit, forgot to clear it with you first. Sorry.

Oh, it's useful to show how YOUR mind works. But for the purposes of this conversation, it's pretty meaningless...

Just out of curiousity, why didn't you post the graphic showing that North Dakota ranks 8th in Federal Funds received per person???

citdog
November 11th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I forgot what a hot retirement spot Mississippi is.

you'd be surprised. people from off are all over the gulf coast

Southern Bison
November 11th, 2013, 05:09 PM
For instance, if you look at Federal Aid, per capita, North Dakota ranks as the 8th, despite being 48th in terms of population...

Feed at the Federal Trough, much???

FPC, don't confuse ND4E with facts or waste your breath.

Darlinikki150
November 11th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Well I'm dun this, but its fun to see the vitriol spew forth. I like my state, my Union the local I.A.M 2525, and my team. Go Bison! U boys keep ur head up.

biobengal
November 11th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Have fun with this one you southerns...... we probably need two poverty lines, one for the south and one for everyone else...... dang moochers.

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/UserFiles/Image/maps/eitc_large.png

Southern Bison
November 11th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Make sure you duck on the way out Nikki, you'd hate to hit the truth with your forehead.

Now where did the $63K G'town genius run off to?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Have fun with this one you southerns...... we probably need two poverty lines, one for the south and one for everyone else...... dang moochers.

It's 'cause all the librul governors killing the jobs!!!!

Darlinikki150
November 11th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Make sure you duck on the way out Nikki, you'd hate to hit the truth with your forehead.

Now where did the $63K G'town genius run off to?

Nothing to do w that. I can make as many points as want but u southern boys aren't gonna change ur mind. And I'm not either, that's why the US is such a great country. And on veterans day it means even more, we spilled blood together as a country to stop evil in the world. So if trying to make me feel inferior makes u feel better, have at it. Im taking my best friend out for beers and supper to celebrate his service to this country cuz really that's what matters. Not our ridiculous conversation about what state is best, or that unions are still here. Its really important we have the right to say it.

Kisses!

CID1990
November 11th, 2013, 06:07 PM

I was unaware of a Southern exodus moving north.

Please tell us more about the Eden that is wherever it is you live

CID1990
November 11th, 2013, 06:10 PM

Why? And miss out on another thread where 2-3 worldly Yankees in flyover country tell you about how crappy it is where you live?

It's always an enlightening ride

citdog
November 11th, 2013, 06:59 PM

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/UserFiles/Image/maps/eitc_large.png

We had the courage of our convictions and fought a ruinous war to try and save constitutional government upon this continent. The above is the result of DECADES of being treated like conquered provinces and enduring carpetbag rule. Find yourself a map of per capita income in 1860. The results are exactly the opposite.

Cocky
November 11th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Who is Pat Sullivan?Heisman winner
Coach of Samford
Plus the things I didn't know about him:
Started the Civil War, WWI, WWII and every other war
Ended all of the wars Slept with Westmoreland
Invented Obamacare
Hated the North
Hated the South
But most importantly couldn't beat The Citadel, VMI or any other military school so a Samford fan wants him gone.

Saint3333
November 11th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Even unemployed people know to get the hell out of a place that has three weeks of summer.

Bison56
November 11th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Even unemployed people know to get the hell out of a place that has three weeks of summer.
I dont like Alaska either.

Sader87
November 12th, 2013, 12:40 AM
lol....I kept bypassing this thread, because I really couldn't care less about Samford football, but it kept growing and growing.

For what it's worth, Ed Marinaro (a good Yankee and later actor) should have won the Heisman in 1971 not Pat Sullivan

OL FU
November 12th, 2013, 06:07 AM
lol....I kept bypassing this thread, because I really couldn't care less about Samford football, but it kept growing and growing.

For what it's worth, Ed Marinaro (a good Yankee and later actor) should have won the Heisman in 1971 not Pat Sullivan

I met Ed once flying from Atlanta to Los Angeles. Nice Guy.

and for what's worth, Pat Sullivan has plans to start WWIII. Take it to the bank.

Cocky
November 12th, 2013, 07:07 AM
I met Ed once flying from Atlanta to Los Angeles. Nice Guy.

and for what's worth, Pat Sullivan has plans to start WWIII. Take it to the bank.

Pat is a great guy, too. He is the perfect coach for Samford. I hope he stays forever. The nice guy version of Jack Crowe a 500 coach.

superman7515
November 12th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Pat is a great guy, too. He is the perfect coach for Samford. I hope he stays forever. The nice guy version of Jack Crowe a 500 coach.

And there it is. We knew it was only a matter of time in this thread before those Southerners started extolling the virtues of Jim Crow.

CID1990
November 12th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I was unaware of a Southern exodus moving north.

Please tell us more about the Eden that is wherever it is you live

LOL DarlingStinky neg repped me for this! Talk about being able to dish it out but not take it..........

"logic tells me your a dick, your post proves it."

Maybe my reply should include the C word

OL FU
November 12th, 2013, 07:46 AM
And there it is. We knew it was only a matter of time in this thread before those Southerners started extolling the virtues of Jim Crow.

I always loved his song about Leroy Brownxthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
November 12th, 2013, 07:52 AM
I see what you Northern Yankee Scum are doing here....you're trying to make Pat Sullivan the fall guy in all of this...

Listen, that Ed Marinaro dog ain't gonna hunt.. Let's look at the evidence...

Hill Street Blues was a critical success, but a commercial failure. Even after killing Marinaro's character off, it STILL failed. Proving once again that eastern liberals can conceptualize utopian ideals, but suck at actually providing real word success stories.

But....the Marinaro effect was in full force even before that. Look at his football career....I mean, look at it all the way back to Cornell. After his tenure there, Cornell football sucked. The same thing happened to the Vikes during his tenure there....Losing Superpowl appearances, then they faded into obscurity...He did the same thing for the Jets and the Seahawks...

But I digress.....Marinaro was merely the beta version of the liberal elite's plan to wreck the US and set the stage for the new world order and poor Pat Sullivan merely got caught in their evil crosshairs...C'mon, an Ivy League rusher, playing against subpar competition was the runnerup in the Heisman? C'mon, by that logic Bruce Eugene at Grambling and Jerry Rice shoulda gotten Heisman consideration!

The proof is out there people! You just have to open your eyes!

Free Pat Sullivan!

superman7515
November 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Free Pat Sullivan!

Well you have to admit that the case against him and his buddies in the West Memphis 3 is, at best, shaky.

ASUMountaineer
November 12th, 2013, 08:49 AM

xlolx Please tell as many of your people how horrible it is in the South. Apparently, they haven't gotten the memo.

walliver
November 12th, 2013, 08:50 AM
LOL DarlingStinky neg repped me for this! Talk about being able to dish it out but not take it..........

"logic tells me your a dick, your post proves it."

Maybe my reply should include the C word

Citadel?

Don't get upset, it's probably just Shannon Faulkner pretending to be a Dakotan.

edit: Pat Sullivan put her up to it.

CID1990
November 12th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Citadel?

Don't get upset, it's probably just Shannon Faulkner pretending to be a Dakotan.

edit: Pat Sullivan put her up to it.

Huh?

I meant "corn pone"

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2013, 09:46 AM
xlolx Please tell as many of your people how horrible it is in the South. Apparently, they haven't gotten the memo.

I have no idea what she is talking about. MOST North Dakotans have a lot more in common with southerners and "plains state" folk than not. Her "people" need to move about 1000+ miles east. xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
November 12th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Well you have to admit that the case against him and his buddies in the West Memphis 3 is, at best, shaky.

Exactly! And where was Ed Marinaro during all of that? There are some pretty big gaps in his employment back then....Just sayin!

biobengal
November 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I have no idea what she is talking about. MOST North Dakotans have a lot more in common with southerners and "plains state" folk than not. Her "people" need to move about 1000+ miles east. xlolx

Americans in general have a lot more in common... IMO, it's the southerns (i.e, southeast) and northerns (i.e., northeast) that tend to exaggerate the differences. Many of these "people" want to be seen as a breed apart.... amusing, I know.

State Line Liquors
November 12th, 2013, 08:36 PM
I don't know Pat Sullivan, but I totally agree. She should resign.

citdog
November 12th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Americans in general have a lot more in common... IMO, it's the southerns (i.e, southeast) and northerns (i.e., northeast) that tend to exaggerate the differences. Many of these "people" want to be seen as a breed apart.... amusing, I know.

The above is laughable. We of the South have our own CULTURE. History, Music, Food, Traditions, Literature, and Art. Could you imagine a magazine entitled Northern Living? All they could ever write about is how to best avoid puddles of urine on the sidewalk and the best way of dodging gunfire.

Darlinikki150
November 12th, 2013, 09:49 PM
http://www.livingnorth.com/

I couldn't resist lol

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2013, 09:51 PM
The above is laughable. We of the South have our own CULTURE. History, Music, Food, Traditions, Literature, and Art. Could you imagine a magazine entitled Northern Living? All they could ever write about is how to best avoid puddles of urine on the sidewalk and the best way of dodging gunfire.

Northern Exposure? :D

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2013, 09:52 PM
http://www.livingnorth.com/

I couldn't resist lol

That is from the UK.... xlolx

Darlinikki150
November 12th, 2013, 09:58 PM
I know. Hence the laughing....

Just poking a little fun at myself, is that ok w u Southerns? Or are you all the only ones that can make fun of me?

FormerPokeCenter
November 12th, 2013, 10:13 PM

And even within "Southern Culture" are sub-cultures and regional traditions which are splendidly unique. I don't see that in the North. It may be there, it's just not as nuanced as it is in the south.

All them Yankees look and sound alike....

Darlinikki150
November 12th, 2013, 10:26 PM
And even within "Southern Culture" are sub-cultures and regional traditions which are splendidly unique. I don't see that in the North. It may be there, it's just not as nuanced as it is in the south.

All them Yankees look and sound alike....

Oh idk, the Norwegian/German is somn you should experience. They are much different and I would guess you don't have many old schoolers down there. You think a southern accent is think, old schooler German/Norwegian accents are pretty brutal. And actually accents are regional so as a North Dakotan i sound nothing like someone from the Northeast, West Coast or even someone from Chicago Illinois. And who doesn't love lefse and krumkaka? Although one could argue it is European, isn't a lot of the South influenced from different countries cultures which have grown over time into a purely Southern lifestyle?

After all, a majority of us were all bred from immigrants somewhere up our family tree.

fmrbearkat
November 12th, 2013, 10:47 PM

Dont foget the special sections on "The art of fending off muggers and rapist without guns because they are bad and kill people" and my personal favorite "How to go out of your way to be rude with as little effort as possible"!! What a great magazine!!

Southern Bison
November 12th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Nikki, let me go ahead and shock you. I grew up 105 miles southeast of the NDSU campus in MN...yep, born 2 blocks from where I graduated from HS. I love Mom's lefse & krumkaka, not to mention swedish sausage & yulekaka. It's not a matter of dialects, accents, heritage, foods, etc. This is a matter of what the citizens of the South and the "flyover" states agree what the US Constitution stands for. The Left Coast and the Northeast have corrupted the foundation of this great country over the past 190 years and it's time that it ends. Personal liberty and responsibility have been replaced by agents of the Federal Government knocking on our doors stating the most frightening phrase known to free people: "We're from the government and we're here to help".

Darlinikki150
November 12th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Nikki, let me go ahead and shock you. I grew up 105 miles southeast of the NDSU campus in MN...yep, born 2 blocks from where I graduated from HS. I love Mom's lefse & krumkaka, not to mention swedish sausage & yulekaka. It's not a matter of dialects, accents, heritage, foods, etc. This is a matter of what the citizens of the South and the "flyover" states agree what the US Constitution stands for. The Left Coast and the Northeast have corrupted the foundation of this great country over the past 190 years and it's time that it ends. Personal liberty and responsibility have been replaced by agents of the Federal Government knocking on our doors stating the most frightening phrase known to free people: "We're from the government and we're here to help".

I'm not gonna get into a pissing match w you. I simply gave my opinion to another persons post. Not all northern people look and sound alike. As I have stated many times before, I no nothing about the southern lifestyle. And frankly I don't care where you grew up. I'm making an effort thru fellow AGS friends to grow my knowledge about the suffrage the South has endure at the hands of the evil North. Will it change my mind about the South, doubtful. Will it give me more insight and knowledge into your claims and POV, hopefully. Give a girl a break, I'm just a girl from Fargo, ND of French/Norwegian heritage, I cant help I think I'm better than everyone, its the the French in me lol.

Step down off your soap box, we aren't saving the world here on AGS.

Southern Bison
November 12th, 2013, 11:25 PM
I'm not gonna get into a pissing match w you. I simply gave my opinion to another persons post. Not all northern people look and sound alike. As I have stated many times before, I no nothing about the southern lifestyle. And frankly I don't care where you grew up. I'm making an effort thru fellow AGS friends to grow my knowledge about the suffrage the South has endure at the hands of the evil North. Will it change my mind about the South, doubtful. Will it give me more insight and knowledge into your claims and POV, hopefully. Give a girl a break, I'm just a girl from Fargo, ND of French/Norwegian heritage, I cant help I think I'm better than everyone, its the the French in me lol.

Well Miss Antoinette, be sure to enjoy your cake!

This post is #1913 for me on AGS. The coincidence behind that is that was the year that the Federal Income Tax was instituted under the great "progressive" President Woodrow Wilson.

citdog
November 13th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Well Miss Antoinette, be sure to enjoy your cake!

This post is #1913 for me on AGS. The coincidence behind that is that was the year that the Federal Income Tax was instituted under the great "progressive" President Woodrow Wilson.

Actually the first tax on income came during the reign of the man pictured below.

http://archive.adl.org/learn/ext_us/images/ccc-3(lincoln)_small.jpg

Skjellyfetti
November 13th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Actually the first tax on income came during the reign of the man pictured below.

http://archive.adl.org/learn/ext_us/images/ccc-3(lincoln)_small.jpg

The Confederate States of America followed close behind.

http://docsouth.unc.edu/imls/taxasses/taxasses.html

citdog
November 13th, 2013, 12:29 AM
The Confederate States of America followed close behind.

http://docsouth.unc.edu/imls/taxasses/taxasses.html

The 'Tax In Kind' was actually pretty successful. Interesting who went with it first though isn't it

Sader87
November 13th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Red Sawx, Broonss, Lobstah, Clam Chowdaw, Harpoon Beehah and JFK.....and Jersey transplant Lockbaum <drops microphone>

citdog
November 13th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Red Sawx, Broonss, Lobstah, Clam Chowdaw, Harpoon Beehah and JFK.....and Jersey transplant Lockbaum <drops microphone>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FppT_skd60

Darlinikki150
November 13th, 2013, 01:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FppT_skd60

Citi you should have posted the Dr.Dre version of the 25k pyramid lol

Would have been way funnier....lol

Sader87
November 13th, 2013, 01:16 AM
What are things that make Massachusetts rule.....especially compared to podunk little states of importance like South Carolina or North Dakota (sorry Nikki)????

citdog
November 13th, 2013, 01:21 AM
What are things that make Massachusetts rule.....especially compared to podunk little states of importance like South Carolina or North Dakota (sorry Nikki)????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK1jpywBQLM

Sader87
November 13th, 2013, 01:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tssZygBxYFk

Darlinikki150
November 13th, 2013, 01:52 AM

Totally uncool. North Dakota has money and missile silos, don't **** w us bro lol.

Lehigh'98
November 13th, 2013, 06:37 AM
The north would be fine if we could just convince Staten Island to secede.

Cocky
November 13th, 2013, 06:48 AM
That is from the UK.... xlolx

Pat Sullivan caused the Kentucky basketball loss?

ASUMountaineer
November 13th, 2013, 07:26 AM

We do? Hmmm, news to me. Thanks for the information.

ASUMountaineer
November 13th, 2013, 07:28 AM
I know. Hence the laughing....

Just poking a little fun at myself, is that ok w u Southerns? Or are you all the only ones that can make fun of me?

I'm assuming this means "with you," but not sure. Anyways, I do want to extend a heartfelt thanks for promising to "never be caught living or dying in the South." That promise is very much appreciated.

See, we Southerners are nice. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
November 13th, 2013, 07:37 AM

You should experience the South for yourself before deciding that Southerners are beneath you. FYI, my ancestry is almost completely French and Irish, but I don't share the same "better-than-everyone" mentality. Anyways, as a born-and-bred Southerner who has lived in the North, there are good and bad parts of both. Michigan has rednecks just as the South does. There are good people and bad people, and while a bit of a culture shock at first, I ultimately enjoyed my two years living there. I have been back a few times since moving back home, and I still enjoy it. It's a wonderful place, but the South (specifically the Blue Ridge) is my ideal spot.

OL FU
November 13th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Hell I will throw my two cents in. Never lived outside of the south, but I have visited 47 of the 48 continental states. Missed Vermont, I will get there one day.

Everyplace I visited was great. Beautiful views, great people, wonderful cities. Loved every minute of it............................................exce pt for, and it was one of the places I wanted to see the most.

Boston - the most arrogant, hypocritical, snobbish and the most racist (in a subtle way, of course) city I saw.:( I am sure there are wonderful people in Boston. I wish I had met one of them.

Now it was almost 20 years ago that I visited. Maybe it has improved.

walliver
November 13th, 2013, 07:59 AM

Actually the evil yankees denied suffrage to Southerners during the military occupation. Nothing was reconstructed, but a century of bitterness was spawned.

My family arrived in the new world in 1690 fleeing persecution from your evil French ancestors (aided of course by Pat Sullivan). You owe me an apology.:)

FormerPokeCenter
November 13th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Actually the evil yankees denied suffrage to Southerners during the military occupation. Nothing was reconstructed, but a century of bitterness was spawned.

My family arrived in the new world in 1690 fleeing persecution from your evil French ancestors (aided of course by Pat Sullivan). You owe me an apology.:)

Wow, a Huguenot descendant! Awesomeness....you guys were a little late getting to the party, but...you got here and that's the important thing ;)

CID1990
November 13th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Wow, a Huguenot descendant! Awesomeness....you guys were a little late getting to the party, but...you got here and that's the important thing ;)

My college roommate and friend of many years is a Baceau descendant.

ASUMountaineer
November 13th, 2013, 08:30 AM

Many of my ancestors were Huguenots as well...mostly on my mom's side. Dad's side were mostly Irish.

FormerPokeCenter
November 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM
My college roommate and friend of many years is a Baceau descendant.

I may have out kicked my coverage on the genealogy thing....I'm not familiar with Baceau...

I've got an Irish Surname, but some fairly extensive French ancestry. Following the maternal lines is a lot of fun and can yield some fairly shocking results....the first wave of my french forebears were Coers du Bois who were in and around Quebec in the 1670's before taking trips down the Mississippi and ending up in Biloxi, Mobile and ultimately New Orleans...I was just giving Walliver a little grief about the 1690 thing ;)

I really don't know much about the Huguenots ;)

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2013, 08:50 AM
100% Norwegian here...half my family came over to serve in WWI and the other half during WWII for the same reason. I'm a walking Ole/Lena joke! :D

OL FU
November 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM

IF I read that correctly, Pat aided the French? I am not surprisedxmadx

State Line Liquors
November 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Pat Sullivan is a croissant eating little B1tch. Fire her @ss!

walliver
November 13th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I may have out kicked my coverage on the genealogy thing....I'm not familiar with Baceau...

I've got an Irish Surname, but some fairly extensive French ancestry. Following the maternal lines is a lot of fun and can yield some fairly shocking results....the first wave of my french forebears were Coers du Bois who were in and around Quebec in the 1670's before taking trips down the Mississippi and ending up in Biloxi, Mobile and ultimately New Orleans...I was just giving Walliver a little grief about the 1690 thing ;)

I really don't know much about the Huguenots ;)

Actually most families with long-time South Carolina ties, especially in the coastal plain, have some Huguenot ancestry. Once you get above the fall line, most people are of scotch-irish descent. Some immigrated directly to the foothills, while others settled initially in Appalachia, but later moved to the foothills when the textile industry developed.

The Huguenots were French Calvinists in an era where being Protestant was dangerous to your health in France. A large number of them came to the colonies through either New York or Charleston. Many of the Charleston crowd eventually migrated to Georgia and Alabama and anglicized their names: e.i., Beauchamp became Beechum, etc.

Cocky
November 13th, 2013, 09:16 AM
IF I read that correctly, Pat aided the French? I am not surprisedxmadx
The Irish made him drop his O'.

FormerPokeCenter
November 13th, 2013, 09:24 AM
The spelling changes are interesting...you see that a lot in Louisiana and Texas Genealogy....

I had some more or less Spanish ancestors who arrived in Texas, in modern day San Antonio, from the Canary Islands in 1730...they were a mixture of Spanish, Belgian, Flemish and native Canary Island "Guanches" who were a Celtic tribe, closely related to the Berbers...anyway a couple of my lines migrated from the San Antonio area to Louisiana after Mexico revolted from Spain. They'd had Spanish land grants and being aligned with the Spanish monarchy wasn't a big plus...so, they took off for a friendly Catholic area...and settled in Louisiana. The main surname was Curbello...in the La., census it becomes Corbello, which almost sounds Italian..and, depending on whether or not the census taker was of French descent, sometimes it appears as Courvelle....Curbello and Courvelle both essentially mean "little basket" or something similar...so...you see brothers with different last names...it makes tracing some of the lines a little difficult...compounding that is in Louisiana, you've got a ton of Courvilles...and sometimes the Courville, Courvelle spellings get mixed up...but the Beauchamp and Beechum thing is pretty interesting...

Now I understand why old Southern women always ask you who your Momma and Daddy were....they're trying to figure out if you're related to them or not...

And, now I understand the propensity of older folks to call people "Cuz"....because..well....most of us ARE! ;)

FormerPokeCenter
November 13th, 2013, 09:28 AM
On a related note, I just found out that the French in Louisiana can't stand Sullivan, either...

Apparently at one point in his career he'd agreed to become the head coach at LSU, but LSU was unable to negotiate a buy-out deal with TCU that the Horned Frogs could live with...

The end result of that is that LSU hired Gerry DiNardo...

Tiger fans will NEVER forgive Sullivan for that...

walliver
November 13th, 2013, 10:04 AM
The spelling changes are interesting...you see that a lot in Louisiana and Texas Genealogy....

I live in Louisiana for 5 years. I quickly realized there was no consensus in pronouncing anything. I once has to call for a man named "Jean Hebert" and realized that there were many possible ways that name could be pronounced. I had already been warned that the EE-berts and aa-BEARS did not like each other and would be offended if called by the wrong name. Add to that that "Jean" could be pronounced in the french fashion, french with an "n" at the end, or like "Gene"

Pat Sullivan apparently pronounces his name like it is spelled, but I suspect his real name is Pasquale Salvatore and he has mafia ties.

FormerPokeCenter
November 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I live in Louisiana for 5 years. I quickly realized there was no consensus in pronouncing anything. I once has to call for a man named "Jean Hebert" and realized that there were many possible ways that name could be pronounced. I had already been warned that the EE-berts and aa-BEARS did not like each other and would be offended if called by the wrong name. Add to that that "Jean" could be pronounced in the french fashion, french with an "n" at the end, or like "Gene"

Pat Sullivan apparently pronounces his name like it is spelled, but I suspect his real name is Pasquale Salvatore and he has mafia ties.

Are the Birmingham Salvatores better connected than the New York Marinaros? I mean, you know he had to have some stroke with the good fellas at the Downtown Athletic Club to edge out a hometown guy from Cornell....Or maybe there was some sorta side deal that nobody knows about...

CID1990
November 13th, 2013, 02:04 PM

Actually I think you assumed that miss Flyover State was highly educated and used the word "suffrage" properly.

Pretty sure she meant "suffering", which is the only way that screed makes any damn sense at all.

Darlinikki150
November 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Actually I think you assumed that miss Flyover State was highly educated and used the word "suffrage" properly.

Pretty sure she meant "suffering", which is the only way that screed makes any damn sense at all.

Yes I did. I don't spell check or proof read. Its all pure emotion pouring out my finger tips typing ever so fast on my gs4 keyboard. And I am smart, just not as smart as you I guess. I tend to like more scientific conversation, the universe, stars, geology. I get to emotional about things that have grey areas, but passion is good in life. Its a whopping 55 degrees here in Fargo today, best fall day all year. Nothing is gonna get me down today boys!!!

OL FU
November 13th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Yes I did. I don't spell check or proof read. Its all pure emotion pouring out my finger tips typing ever so fast on my gs4 keyboard. And I am smart, just not as smart as you I guess. I tend to like more scientific conversation, the universe, stars, geology. I get to emotional about things that have grey areas, but passion is good in life. Its a whopping 55 degrees here in Fargo today, best fall day all year. Nothing is gonna get me down today boys!!!

WOW, That's warm for Canadaxsmiley_wix

biobengal
November 13th, 2013, 05:08 PM

Ha, ha, ha... provincialist.... I saw more variation and richness of culture in tiny Maine (Downeast, island, The County, French, Portland) than all my travels in Miss (inlaws live in Northern Miss).

Magazines devoted to culture of Maine and New England:

www.yankeemagazine.com
www.downeast.com

BTW, the murder rate is higher in the Southeast than any other region.... and has been for a very long time. Ha... ha.... I get it, you like the south... mother's milk and all that; try using some evidence to back up your assertions.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/murder-rates-nationally-and-state#MRord

ThompsonThe
November 13th, 2013, 05:28 PM
It was 21 degrees here in Charlotte they just said.
Was 9 degrees at Sugar Mountain near Boone.

Darlinikki150
November 13th, 2013, 07:17 PM

Holy, did the state shut down lol

Lehigh'98
November 13th, 2013, 08:14 PM
I believe Mississippi has the honor of being the country's fattest state.

CID1990
November 13th, 2013, 08:55 PM

I thought that was Hawaii

Lehigh'98
November 13th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Quick google search says Miss. Is #1. 26 out of top 30 are in south or Midwest.

Cocky
November 13th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Quick google search says Miss. Is #1. 26 out of top 30 are in south or Midwest.
Grease sticks to the bones.

Darlinikki150
November 13th, 2013, 10:14 PM
WOW, That's warm for Canadaxsmiley_wix

It is for November smartass :)

ElCid
November 14th, 2013, 05:53 AM

It is 23 right now in middle Georgia. Holy frozen peaches!

walliver
November 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM

Good food will do that.

It's much easier to get fat from good barbeque than lutefisk.