PDA

View Full Version : Stephen F Austin Picks up First Win

Bisonforlife
October 7th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Congratulations on the win:thumbsup: :hurray: xsmileyclapx

TheBisonator
October 7th, 2006, 10:06 PM
After we squeeked by them last week, I was telling myself, "These guys are gonna win next week."

SFA may still go 4-7 or even 5-6 this year.

Bearkatpresident
October 7th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Gotta hand it to the Jacks for not quitting and fighting to the bitter end. Coming back from behind on the road is quite impressive.

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Congrats to the Jacks!

They could've thrown the flag in on the game and their season, more notably, the game considering they were down and until the very end...

We'll see both of you teams later this year...

blackfordpu
October 7th, 2006, 10:49 PM
I don't know whether to cheer or boo? :)

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 10:50 PM
the SLC is wide open this year :nod:

kats89
October 7th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Tx State fans have to be jumping off bridges now.:nod: I called this one tonight though. I thought Tx State would have to lay a big egg for SFA to win and apparently they did. Tx State, welcome to the life of losing your star QB and going 2-9. Speaking from experience.

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Tx State fans have to be jumping off bridges now.:nod: I called this one tonight though. I thought Tx State would have to lay a big egg for SFA to win and apparently they did. Tx State, welcome to the life of losing your star QB and going 2-9. Speaking from experience.

Yep, I saw them diving off bridges left & right on my way home tonight.
I think the egg that was laid was Louie laying an egg-size lump on the head of anyone trying to stop him on that last TD run.:thumbsup:

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I don't know whether to cheer or boo? :)

I'm hoping when the Jacks meet old shs later the boo will be a boo-hoo. The cats were sure doing it tonight.
Didn't take me long to decide what to do.

Bobcat94
October 8th, 2006, 12:14 AM
The Jacks didn't give up. Congrats. Good road win for them. Things don't look good for the bobcats.....can't seem to finish a game.......Offense gets conservative and defense gets tired Weird to see something so close but so far away...... Can be very good sometimes and very bad others.

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Congrats to the Jacks!

They could've thrown the flag in on the game and their season, more notably, the game considering they were down and until the very end...

We'll see both of you teams later this year...

You know TT even tho I don't always agree with you, you always seem to exhibit SPORTSMANLIKE behavior. Are you sure your parents didn't go to SFA :thumbsup:

bobcatfan06
October 8th, 2006, 12:37 AM
We suck. SFA's girls golf team could beat us.

JBB
October 8th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Nice come-from-behind win! 104 return yards is impressive too. Nice balanced game with a strong second half.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2006, 06:16 AM
You know TT even tho I don't always agree with you, you always seem to exhibit SPORTSMANLIKE behavior. Are you sure your parents didn't go to SFA :thumbsup:

Nope, can't say they did. My dad went to SHSU and my mom to what is now, UNT...

Did date a girl from SFA my senior year of college...:nod:

Freightliner
October 8th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Nice come-from-behind win! 104 return yards is impressive too. Nice balanced game with a strong second half.

I'm beginning to wonder if that Goal-line stop at the end of the 1st half had an effect on this game.

For SFA: lit a fire underneath them....for the 2nd half

For TXST: made them think they had the game in the bag...and thus played accordingly....p i t i f u l xidiotx :nonono2: :bang:

Also...for those that wanted to know...TXST wore for the first (and probably the LAST) time Black NIKE Jersey's. They look sharp. (which I could NOT say about the team that was wearing them!!)

http://www.geocities.com/smashemcats/675940.jpg

txstatebobcats.com has a couple of better pictures...
Congrats on the win Jacks.

Bearkatpresident
October 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I'm hoping when the Jacks meet old shs later the boo will be a boo-hoo. The cats were sure doing it tonight.
Didn't take me long to decide what to do.

I'm sure it'll be a great game. Both teams have demonstrated that they don't quit, even when they're down.

bobcathusband
October 8th, 2006, 04:59 PM
you can't even call what happened between these 2 teams yesterday football. it hardly resembled anything remotely called football. from the refs having to discuss every call for 2 minutes to sloppy sloppy play on both sides. if southall hadn't fallen in love with his arm and overthrown his receiver on every other pass play this wouldn't have been close. the sad thing is i suspect the rest of the southland is only marginally better than these 2 fine squads and anybody still has a chance to take it except for txstate.

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 05:15 PM
you can't even call what happened between these 2 teams yesterday football. it hardly resembled anything remotely called football. from the refs having to discuss every call for 2 minutes to sloppy sloppy play on both sides. if southall hadn't fallen in love with his arm and overthrown his receiver on every other pass play this wouldn't have been close. the sad thing is i suspect the rest of the southland is only marginally better than these 2 fine squads and anybody still has a chance to take it except for txstate.

I don't think you would have found anyone in the stadium who would agree with you at half time of the game yesterday. I thought the goal line stand that swt made right before half time was the end of the line for SFA & I would guess the majority of your buds would say the same. At least the little guy in front of me thought so cause he kept telling me to look at the score board. I think the little "Z" boy & Wasson did an excellent job & we couldn't stop anything the QB threw in the first half. I don't think it was entirely swt falling apart as much it was SFA finally figuring out they could win. I sat next to the grandfather of the backup QB for SFA & he said he had seen all but one of SFA's previous games & this was the first time he had seen them play at this level. I hope you don't hurt anybody as you jump off the old swt bandwagon. I'm staying on the SFA one until the bitter end. That's just me.

patssle
October 8th, 2006, 05:28 PM
the sad thing is i suspect the rest of the southland is only marginally better than these 2 fine squads

Not Sam Houston. Our past 3 games (yes--including Texas--we played our hearts out there) have showed what this team is made of. This is OUR year.

bobcathusband
October 8th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I don't think you would have found anyone in the stadium who would agree with you at half time of the game yesterday. I thought the goal line stand that swt made right before half time was the end of the line for SFA & I would guess the majority of your buds would say the same. At least the little guy in front of me thought so cause he kept telling me to look at the score board. I think the little "Z" boy & Wasson did an excellent job & we couldn't stop anything the QB threw in the first half. I don't think it was entirely swt falling apart as much it was SFA finally figuring out they could win. I sat next to the grandfather of the backup QB for SFA & he said he had seen all but one of SFA's previous games & this was the first time he had seen them play at this level. I hope you don't hurt anybody as you jump off the old swt bandwagon. I'm staying on the SFA one until the bitter end. That's just me.

Thing is..if not for stupid holding penalties, personal foul penalties, and false start penalties they had the chance to throw the hammer down and make it 17-0 or 21-0 before the half. They didn't and almost everyone in the stadium knew it was coming back to haunt the bobcats. As far as SFA playing at a new level...I think everyone else in the Southland will agree...this was a game between two terrible teams and the bobcats were more terrible.

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Thing is..if not for stupid holding penalties, personal foul penalties, and false start penalties they had the chance to throw the hammer down and make it 17-0 or 21-0 before the half. They didn't and almost everyone in the stadium knew it was coming back to haunt the bobcats. As far as SFA playing at a new level...I think everyone else in the Southland will agree...this was a game between two terrible teams and the bobcats were more terrible.

I'm glad you put in the words "everyone else" because you certainly can't put me in the catagory of believing there were "two terrible teams." SFA has played two Division I teams & almost beat one of them ( Arizona St). It has played one team that is ranked 7th or 9th in I-AA (the Bisons) , one that (even though it is a lower level team) is coming into the conference next year & is ranked higher than any team in the conference ( Central Arky) & one team that is ranked in the top ten in the lower division (Delta). I don't think SFA has been on a cake walk. :thumbsup:

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I'm glad you put in the words "everyone else" because you certainly can't put me in the catagory of believing there were "two terrible teams." SFA has played two Division I teams & almost beat one of them ( Arizona St). It has played one team that is ranked 7th or 9th in I-AA (the Bisons) , one that (even though it is a lower level team) is coming into the conference next year & is ranked higher than any team in the conference ( Central Arky) & one team that is ranked in the top ten in the lower division (Delta). I don't think SFA has been on a cake walk. :thumbsup:

"Bison" is both plural and singular :)

Freightliner
October 8th, 2006, 07:10 PM

And SFA played Arizona...not Arizona State. :)

bisonguy
October 8th, 2006, 07:15 PM

Except in Canadia, but they also spell color with a 'u'. xidiotx

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 07:16 PM
and we were actually ranked 11 not 7 or 9- while Delta St was ranked #16 :p

kats89
October 8th, 2006, 07:20 PM

You got beat at home by a DII school. Shouldnt happen. It is like I-AA playing I-A. Quit making excuses.

GeauxColonels
October 8th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Except in Canadia, but they also spell color with a 'u'.
'Dem WACKY Canucks!!!!!!! : retard :

They also spell defense with a "C" instead of an "S"!?!? WTF?! xidiotx

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 07:37 PM

I've only seen BUFFALOS not Bison or Bisons! :bawling: :bow:

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I've only seen BUFFALOS not Bison or Bisons! :bawling: :bow:
There are no "buffalo" in North America- only Bison :)

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 07:49 PM

Freightliner ... Freightliner, I think I saw you over the fence in that trucking yard yesterday
I'm so sorry that I upset you by using State instead of just Arizona. I know how upsetting that is to some people. I guess I'll be getting called on the carpet by the HogHeads for saying Arky instead of Arkansas.

blackfordpu
October 8th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Freightliner ... Freightliner, I think I saw you over the fence in that trucking yard yesterday
I'm so sorry that I upset you by using State instead of just Arizona. I know how upsetting that is to some people. I guess I'll be getting called on the carpet by the HogHeads for saying Arky instead of Arkansas.

He does have a point, Arizona and Arizona State are completly different schools. Don't get so defensive. xidiotx

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 07:52 PM
There are no "buffalo" in North America- only Bison :)

Gosh, that's going to upset the fine folk in Buffalo, Texas & possibly the Buffalo, NY crowd. :o

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Gosh, that's going to upset the fine folk in Buffalo, Texas & possibly the Buffalo, NY crowd. :o
There is a "Buffalo, ND" too

none of these cities were likely founded by zoologists :p