PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Robinson Award candidates?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 9th, 2013, 06:59 PM
The top candidates IMO...

1. Jame Chadwell (Charleston Southern)
2. Russ Huesman (if he wins the SoCon title outright)
3. Joe Moorhead (Fordham)
4. Dino Babers (Eastern Illinois)

UNH Fanboi
November 9th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Cosgrove (Maine).

fmrbearkat
November 9th, 2013, 07:16 PM
The top candidates IMO...

1. Jame Chadwell (Charleston Southern)
2. Russ Huesman (if he wins the SoCon title outright)
3. Joe Moorhead (Fordham)
4. Dino Babers (Eastern Illinois)

I would say if Eastern wins out Babers would be the front runner or if Southeastern beats us and wins the final game the Ron Roberts will be top 3 for sure. Although I don't think SELA will beat us.

DJKyR0
November 9th, 2013, 07:19 PM
No Craig Bohl?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2013, 07:21 PM
No Craig Bohl?

I thought that too then I looked it up and there has never been a repeat winner. Mickey Matthews was the only 2 time winner. Russell, Tressel, Moore, all with only one.

JSUBison
November 9th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Jay Hopson of Alcorn State probably isn't a top candidate this year, but deserves some credit. He could be a preseason favorite next year to keep an eye on.

R.A.
November 9th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Brian Jenkins... looks like it's about to be 3 Straight MEAC Titles and 3 Straight Playoff appearances. On top of that, he has a FBS win under his belt.

If he can break the MEAC's losing streak in the playoffs, he would probably be a lock for the Eddie Robinson Award.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Brian Jenkins... looks like it's about to be 3 Straight MEAC Titles and 3 Straight Playoff appearances. On top of that, he has a FBS win under his belt.

If he can break the MEAC's losing streak in the playoffs, he would probably be a lock for the Eddie Robinson Award.

Would he shout at Craig Haley about the referees who counted the votes on his way to the podium?

FUBeAR
November 12th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Many may have done as good a job, but I think it would be very difficult to say that anyone & any coaching staff has done a better job than Bobby Lamb & the Coaches at Mercer.

I don't care who they've played or what league they are playing in - to take a bunch of Freshman (19 FR, 3 SO starters) and lead the league & be highly ranked nationally in fewest turnovers & penalties says about all you need to know. That they are 9-1 and in the thick of the race for their league championship & a possible berth in the playoffs is 'gravy.'

These kids are playing against & whipping 22 & 23 year old men. They are also highly ranked in the league & the FCS in numerous other stats. They have some fine young talent, but when you add up the talent level + experience level of Mercer vs. the teams they have played, I would say they would only come out on the positive side of that in 2 or 3 of the 9 games they have won. That points to Coaching & 'Heart' as the deciding factors. Since there is no 'Team Heart' Award that I know of, you gotta look at what they've done & give MAJOR consideration for the Eddie Robinson Award.