PDA

View Full Version : FORDHAM RANKED NUMBER 4? RIDICULOUS!

SingForever
November 9th, 2013, 04:40 PM
THEY WILL BE ELIMINATED IN THEIR FIRST PLAYOFF GAME. tHEY SHOULD BE RANKED ABOUT 15TH NOW.

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 04:45 PM
THEY WILL BE ELIMINATED IN THEIR FIRST PLAYOFF GAME. tHEY SHOULD BE RANKED ABOUT 15TH NOW.

Based on what, the fact that they did NOT get blown out 48-10 by Bucknell?

JoltinJoe
November 9th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Fordham proved its mettle today. The Rams won without Nebrich, Tebucky Jones, and played a great defensive game. Great teams win when faced with adversity and injuries -- with others stepping up and making huge plays when they have to.

This was Fordham's best win of the season. Any coach knows when your best players go down, a great team still steps up and gets the job done; a good team makes excuses.

Anyone who would drop Fordham in their poll after today's game has never played any sport competitively.

Neighbor2
November 9th, 2013, 04:52 PM
SingForever is singing that ole NDSU tune!

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 04:55 PM
SingForever is singing that ole NDSU tune!
He is a LU dude.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM
FU won when their back was against the wall against a decent team. Rams have nothing to apologize for.....

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Towson would/will smoke Fordham...just sayin'

Go...gate
November 9th, 2013, 05:00 PM
10-0 against that schedule is championship-caliber work.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2013, 05:00 PM
They are the first Patriot team worthy of a top 10 rank in years.

Go...gate
November 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM

Not so sure.

JoltinJoe
November 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Not so sure.

Agreed about that.

Neighbor2
November 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM
He is a LU dude.

Oh, I know. It's just that Lehigh posters generally have more class than to do that tired NDSU thang.

UNHWildcat18
November 9th, 2013, 05:27 PM
So Fordham who beat nova who beat Towson would get stomped by Towson? Idk about that, but I'm not gonna say where they deserved to be ranked, playoffs will shut everyone up and it's the only thing that matters.

Bisonator
November 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Oh, I know. It's just that Lehigh posters generally have more class than to do that tired NDSU thang.

WTF are you talking about?xconfusedx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2013, 05:33 PM

Lehigh guys just like to lash out at us.

RichH2
Rather asinine thread. FU lost their QB and BU has an excellent D. Ridiculous premise for the claim.

Neighbor2
For the most part, Patriot League teams seem to 'play up' during the First Round. I'd say, a Fordham at home will be a challenge for any FCS team.

Fordham
November 9th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Wow, we lose one of the top players in FCS and grit out a victory against a team that crushed the snot of your squad and you come on and ridicule us?

Lehigh fans are like school on Saturdays (the exception being TUowl who i owe an apology to for ripping him in the past. He's been as fair to us as anyone).

Surprised at the vitriol from sader as well. Not just here but more so on the Fordham board. True colors.

Neighbor2
November 9th, 2013, 05:37 PM

Relax, Alice.

Sometimes Bison can be bullies. No one really like bullies. 26?

RichH2
November 9th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Lehigh guys just like to lash out at us.
Not really.You're getting lumped in with some persistent NDSU trolls. Most NDSU posters are wothy posters,just a few jerks.

RichH2
November 9th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Wow, we lose one of the top players in FCS and grit out a victory against a team that crushed the snot of your squad and you come on and ridicule us?

Lehigh fans are like school on Saturdays (the exception being TUowl who i owe an apology to for ripping him in the past. He's been as fair to us as anyone).

Surprised at the vitriol from sader as well. Not just here but more so on the Fordham board. True colors.
Please dont lump us all together with this guy's moronic post.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Well, there's five minutes of my life I won't get back.

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM
It might be "smack" but I think it is true and I said so as well when FU was ranked #3 last week in the AGS poll with Nebrich playing.

Fordham is having a great season but there's no way in hell that they are the 3rd or 4th best FCS team in the country right now. They have a fabuous offense but no way near the "complete" team to be considered a Top 5 team this year.

As our website is titled "AGS" ....but there are about 10-15 teams I'd take before Fordham in a head to head playoff game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 05:58 PM
It might be "smack" but I think it is true and I said so as well when FU was ranked #3 in the AGS poll with Nebrich playing.

Fordham is having a great season but there's no way in hell that they are the 3rd or 4th best FCS team in the country right now. They have a fabuous offense but no way near the "complete" team to be considered a Top 5 team this year.

As our website is titled "AGS" ....but there are about 10-15 teams I'd take before Fordham in a head to head playoff game.

I do question how much FCS football you watch on a national level because Fordham is damn good. Outside of NDSU, it's a bit of a coin-flip. With a healthy Nebrich the Rams have a lot of EWU in them. This team is capable of advancing pretty far if the match up is right. They remind a little of LU in 2011. LU might have had a little better D, maybe.....

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 06:04 PM
They are the first Patriot team worthy of a top 10 rank in years.

Let a little more line out I still hear your motor

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I do question how much FCS football you watch on a national level because Fordham is damn good. Outside of NDSU, it's a bit of a coin-flip. With a healthy Nebrich the Rams have a lot of EWU in them. This team is capable of advancing pretty far if the match up is right. They remind a little of LU in 2011. LU might have had a little better D, maybe.....

Please...you actually still think Lehigh is "good" this year.

I haven't seen a lot of Big Sky, Missouri Valley etc football this year but in a "one-game" match-up I'd still take a number of CAA teams (and yes, I know you beat UNH this year) against Fordham or Lehigh or Colgate in this year's playoffs.

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 06:06 PM

See ND4's first post in this thread. It is obvious.

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 06:07 PM

I will take your apology too

RichH2
November 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Moronic thread spiced with sour grapes.

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Please...you actually still think Lehigh is "good" this year.

I haven't seen a lot of Big Sky, Missouri Valley etc football this year but in a "one-game" match-up I'd still take a number of CAA teams (and yes, I know you beat UNH this year) against Fordham or Lehigh or Colgate in this year's playoffs.

Reading is fundamental! Where did he say Lehigh is good this year. He said 2011!

Lehigh'98
November 9th, 2013, 06:14 PM
After NDSU, there is a dropoff to the next best teams. Until they are knocked off, that is just the way it is. EIU, Maine, EWU, SHSU, SELA, McNeese, Fordham, YSU are all very, very good teams when healthy but I don't see any of them knocking off NDSU in the playoffs at home. (YSU probably has the best shot at the Ice Castle next week)

dystopiamembrane
November 9th, 2013, 06:34 PM
My AGS poll submission had them 11th last week.

Vooter
November 9th, 2013, 06:55 PM

10-0

FordhamFan
November 9th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Nebrich is probably gonna be out for the year with another ACL tear...such a shame. This team is playing with house money without him. Any playoff wins would be awesome, hopefully they can rally and surprise some people. But without Nebrich, a top 5 player in the country and a real leader and presence on offense, Fordham is so vulnerable.

I'm very depressed about this. Really thought the Rams could have made a run this year. Now it's doubtful at best.

Great win today though. I dare any team to lose it's best player in the first quarter and grind out a win like that. Can't knock the team for this game. Going forward I'll be very interested to see what goes on with this team. Just a completely different team without Neebs

Go...gate
November 9th, 2013, 06:56 PM
10-0

Exactly.

kdinva
November 9th, 2013, 06:58 PM
gutty win for the Rams........and the Bucknell Bison will give VMI all they want in 14 days.......

Fordham
November 9th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Nebrich is probably gonna be out for the year with another ACL tear...such a shame. This team is playing with house money without him. Any playoff wins would be awesome, hopefully they can rally and surprise some people. But without Nebrich, a top 5 player in the country and a real leader and presence on offense, Fordham is so vulnerable.

I'm very depressed about this. Really thought the Rams could have made a run this year. Now it's doubtful at best.

Great win today though. I dare any team to lose it's best player in the first quarter and grind out a win like that. Can't knock the team for this game. Going forward I'll be very interested to see what goes on with this team. Just a completely different team without Neebs

I agree but where did you hear that about Nebrich?

Vooter
November 9th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Nebrich is probably gonna be out for the year with another ACL tear...such a shame

Ugh...what a total drag...well, here's hopin' that Peter Maetzold can pull a Jeff Hostetler...run whatcha brung, and hope you brung enough...

Lehigh'98
November 9th, 2013, 07:11 PM
That's terrible news if true. Good luck Rams!!

UIWWildthing
November 9th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I don't know about that. Towson has had a way of giving away games this year.

JoltinJoe
November 9th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Have they done an MRI already on Nebrich's knee? Seems unlikely. You're supposed to have no food or drink for six hours before an MRI.

Fordham
November 9th, 2013, 07:18 PM
It might be "smack" but I think it is true and I said so as well when FU was ranked #3 last week in the AGS poll with Nebrich playing.

Your team can't win EVEN WITH your best player on the field. See Pujols go down and I wonder how much you'd be getting crushed by? We gutted this out today. Very proud of the squad.

Our ceiling is much lower without Nebrich but I'm hoping he will be back since I haven't heard anything else.

Boo Saders! Honestly expected better from you

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Your team can't win EVEN WITH your best player on the field. See Pujols go down and I wonder how much you'd be getting crushed by? We gutted this out today. Very proud of the squad.

Our ceiling is much lower without Nebrich but I'm hoping he will be back since I haven't heard anything else.

Boo Saders! Honestly expected better from you

Hey if you want to be considered "big-time" you have to take these shots.

Nothing personal against FU, have many friends/family who are FU alums, I just didn't think they were that strong of a team from what I saw.

Do you really think many of the other Top 10 teams would have beaten both HC and Bucknell by 2 points at home in successive weeks???

All that said, hoping Nebrich is back for the play-offs at least.

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 07:29 PM

That is too bad he is a real talent.

FordhamFan
November 9th, 2013, 07:40 PM
I agree but where did you hear that about Nebrich?

I'm a recent grad and have a mutual friend that spoke to him. He said he felt it on a cut. The rest is me inferring. Things rarely end up well when you get hurt on no contact.

SingForever
November 9th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Sorry to hear about Nebrich. He is an awesome talent. I did not mean to infer that Fordham was not good - just not top 10 level.

FordhamFan
November 9th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear about Nebrich. He is an awesome talent. I did not mean to infer that Fordham was not good - just not top 10 level.

Nah I feel you. They are definitely not playing to the level their ranking would make you think. That being said, they are still undefeated and if they finish their season that way, they will deserve a high seed. Playoffs will then tell us everything we need to know.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Nah I feel you. They are definitely not playing to the level their ranking would make you think. That being said, they are still undefeated and if they finish their season that way, they will deserve a high seed. Playoffs will then tell us everything we need to know.

Things change when you become the hunted. You're every teams super bowl and there's pressure. Fordham has done what they need to which is win...

Lehigh has dealt with this for the better part of three years. Winning simply isn't good enough for some people....

RichH2
November 9th, 2013, 08:12 PM
What a shame, if correct. If so.hope the young man heals well and comes back mext year even better.

gotts
November 9th, 2013, 08:47 PM
You know what the best part of winning "ugly" is?

The part WHERE YOU DIDN'T LOSE!!!

ngineer
November 10th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Fordham proved its mettle today. The Rams won without Nebrich, Tebucky Jones, and played a great defensive game. Great teams win when faced with adversity and injuries -- with others stepping up and making huge plays when they have to.

This was Fordham's best win of the season. Any coach knows when your best players go down, a great team still steps up and gets the job done; a good team makes excuses.

Anyone who would drop Fordham in their poll after today's game has never played any sport competitively.

Fully agree with you. Nebrich is a future NFL QB. To lose a player of his quality and still put up the yards says a lot. Bucknell is not the same 'doormat' seen earlier without Wesley at QB.

Pards Rule
November 10th, 2013, 06:12 AM

Oh damn. Thats a shock! Was really interested in how far the Rams could go this year and Nebrich was on his game this year!! We play the Rams on Saturday. Don't think I could take a "Bucknell" finish!