PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross at Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Lehigh forces a fumble on HC's opening drive!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
TD Lehigh!!

McHale did most of the work with his legs!

7-0 LU 10:50 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 11:52 AM
LU forces a HC punt....

LU's OL is getting a real good push so far....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Both teams trading punts. McHale has guys open just a little off...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:07 PM
TD HC on a long run up the middle. They finally realized their advantage is not running wide....

7-7 3:07 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:13 PM
End of 1Q

LU has second down from the HC 45. McHale just had Sherman for a big play on a screen but made a bad throw....

crusader11
November 9th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Lehigh's QB McHale really isn't very good. Does he project to be the starter next season?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Lehigh's QB McHale really isn't very good. Does he project to be the starter next season?

He's a really good runner but he's been extremely inaccuate. Shafinsky will likely be the starter next year.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Shafinsky is in!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:22 PM
TD Sherman Tank!! 60 yard run!! XP blocked!

13-7 2Q

If I'm LU I'm running it a lot....LU OL controlling the LOS...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM
TD HC and they miss their XP lol

13-13 about 6:30 left in 2Q

crusader11
November 9th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Neither of these teams are really that good. Baffles me how Lehigh is ranked in the Top 25.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Neither of these teams are really that good. Baffles me how Lehigh is ranked in the Top 25.

They aren't in the only poll that matters, mine. xsmugx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM

The lack of a passing game is killing LU. They're pretty one dimensional with the run right now. The loss of BB has hurt more than I thought....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:47 PM
TD LU!! Shafinsky on the scramble!! XP Good!!

20-13 LU, 2:25 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM
HC with a quick 3 and out! LU needs to be smart, no turnovers!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Now McHale is hurt, good grief....might have gotten the wind knocked out of him, he got sandwiched....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 12:57 PM
TD Sherman on the screen pass!

27-13 LU!! about 0:10 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM
LU 27-13 Half, LU to receive second half kick...

I think LU looks pretty solid given the revolving door at QB. 27 points at half with some smoke and mirrors? not bad....

HC needs to recruit speed. Their runs to the outside are painful to watch. On defense, Sherman should NEVER out run a DB......

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Every (or nearly every) single schollie next year should go to the defense. Many have already.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 01:31 PM
How was that not a TD?!?!? HC gets a goalline stand....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Pujols with a pick!! LU ball at HC 10! Put them to bed!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 01:35 PM
TD LU! Another TD for Sherman!!

LU 34-13 5:21 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 01:36 PM
I think HC needs to a change at HC. They need someone in there that can raise the talent level.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 01:42 PM
HC TD! Finally took advantage of #6 getting beat..

LU 34-20 3:05 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 01:45 PM
McHale appears out for the game. Not sure if LU has a 4th string QB...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 01:47 PM
HC forces a 3 and out....will start at their own 40

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 01:51 PM
The Lehigh announcer is a hoot . . . . "WOO-store" . . . . "LAW-fair-ette"

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
HC converts on 4th and 2 from LU 38...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 01:57 PM
LU defense just goes nuts attacking Pujols after they reached the LU 30...HC to punt from their own 40....

LU 1st and 10 from own 8, a nice 6 minute drive would be nice....no mistakes!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 02:04 PM
LU does a nice job of driving the ball to midfield, punt pins HC at their own 10.....

about 7 minutes left, 34-20 LU

crusader11
November 9th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I think HC needs to a change at HC. They need someone in there that can raise the talent level.

Having Lehigh's admissions and budget for assistant coaches would help.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM

http://juangreatleap.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/punch-in-the-mouth.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 02:12 PM

You, too, could major in "supply chain management."

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I have no idea how Pujols keeps getting up, he's getting killed....

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 02:14 PM
I have no idea how Pujols keeps getting up, he's getting killed....

And the classless Lehigh announcers laugh hysterically when they think he's finally too hurt to continue.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 02:14 PM
4th and down LU defense holds!!

LU 1st and 10 from HC 30 3:11 4Q

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM
You, too, could major in "supply chain management."

http://nicholasspyer.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/610x.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Still time for miracles. A rumor that I just made up has Femovich in Pardsville as we speak with the PL Trophy in hand.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Bucknell just went up on Fordham 21-17 at the end of the 3rd.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 02:19 PM
LU wins 34-20!! LU dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball. Sherman was a monster at RB. Overall, a good win just hope McHale is ok....

If HC doesn't have Pujols toughness this game could have been real ugly. He's a tough kid but needs to increase his arm strength. HC desperately needs more team speed. But I've been saying that for years....

Bill
November 9th, 2013, 02:20 PM
You'll have to wait a few weeks for your miracle....by the way, Tom Gilmore has found his next Randolph. Puhols will be really, really, good.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 02:22 PM
You'll have to wait a few weeks for your miracle....by the way, Tom Gilmore has found his next Randolph. Puhols will be really, really, good.

Randolph was a much different QB imo. Pujols is much smaller and doesn't have the arm strength....he could be a nightmare though if he gets stronger....

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 02:24 PM
"Mummy and Daddy, can I puhleeeze stay for another year and take a graduate course in spelling? The Post Office won't hire me unless I do."

crusader11
November 9th, 2013, 02:24 PM
but needs to increase his arm strength. HC desperately needs more team speed. But I've been saying that for years....

Not sure I agree about the arm strength -- those passes he made from the near hash across the field takes a lot of arm strength to do that.

The offense has never really been the problem under Gilmore. The defense though, that's another story.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Not sure I agree about the arm strength -- those passes he made from the near hash across the field takes a lot of arm strength to do that.

The offense has never really been the problem under Gilmore. The defense though, that's another story.

They just need speed on both sides of the ball imo. Pujols is going to be good but the LU frosh got the better of him today.

Lehigh'98
November 9th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Looks like a solid effort. Didn't get to see it though. Def stepped up in 2H or did HC ***** the bed? Go Colgate!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Looks like a solid effort. Didn't get to see it though. Def stepped up in 2H or did HC ***** the bed? Go Colgate!!

LU played a very solid 60 minute game. The DL and LB's played very well today. Overall, the team played with a toughness that I haven't see since UNH....

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Pujals is physically bigger than Dom R....he's 6'2" 190ish....problem was't him today, it's our horrific d that's killing us.

Eye test: Lafayette is better than Lehigh (particularly with BB out)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Pujals is physically bigger than Dom R....he's 6'2" 190ish....problem was't him today, it's our horrific d that's killing us.

Eye test: Lafayette is better than Lehigh (particularly with BB out)

Pujals does not look that big compared to Randolph. Dominic looked a lot "bigger" in the pocket.....crazy....

crusader11
November 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
IIRC, Dom was 6'3 and around 215-220. I expect Pujals to put on some weight during the offseason.

I feel very good about the offense going forward. HC always has very capable receivers and the freshman RB Gabe Guild is a good one, too.

The offensive line and every facet of the defense will be question marks heading into 2014. Not to mention, wouldn't mind if HC invested some more money into their assistant coaches -- they're not nearly as good as they once were 3-5 years ago.

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Still time for miracles. A rumor that I just made up has Femovich in Pardsville as we speak with the PL Trophy in hand.

Nope she is right up the hill raking leaves in Saucon Valley:D

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 03:14 PM
It's funny, I don't remember DR being that big....I'm sure i'm wrong.

Nobody is really that good in the PL this year (FU included....especially if Nebrich is out).

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 03:17 PM

Nobody is really that good in the PL this year (FU included....especially if Nebrich is out).

THAT good? Perhaps not but LU and FU are still pretty good. You don't beat Villanova, Temple, UNH and Princeton by being average....

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 03:19 PM

I think you are just feeling bad. Bucknell is playing really well. Look at the Southern conference, they are week as well. NEC, everyone is beating each other. UNH won again. The patriot league is not as far away as you think.

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
FU and Lehigh with healthy starting QB's are "good" i.e. in the 10-25 range....without them neither is Top 25 imo.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 03:24 PM
THAT good? Perhaps not but LU and FU are still pretty good. You don't beat Villanova, Temple, UNH and Princeton by being average....

it's funny you say that because.......

'Nova AVERAGE
Temple Stinks OUT LOUD
UNH AVERAGE
Princeton AVERAGE

So you DO beat those teams by being AVERAGE

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 03:26 PM
FU and Lehigh with healthy starting QB's are "good" i.e. in the 10-25 range....without them neither is Top 25 imo.

I am not saying either is great, particularly their D, but I think there are many teams with significant flaws in the FCS this year.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 03:26 PM
thanks for the neg rep temple. and for merely pointing out the obvious.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2013, 03:27 PM
I am not dying either is great, particularly their D, but I think there are many teams with significant flaws in the FCS this year.

Exactly, outside of 7 or 8 teams there's very littler difference. You don't have to be all world to be Top 25, this year or any year really....

Bill
November 9th, 2013, 03:30 PM
it's funny you say that because.......

'Nova AVERAGE
Temple Stinks OUT LOUD
UNH AVERAGE
Princeton AVERAGE

So you DO beat those teams by being AVERAGE

Citdog - I think Temple stinks when you're quiet, too :)

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 03:32 PM
thanks for the neg rep temple. and for merely pointing out the obvious.

Honestly, I'd give you rep point to give them back., but the system says. I need to spread them around even though I KNOW I did. You are correct in those facts, I just wish you would acknowledge the facts about the SoCon this year.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Honestly, I'd give you rep point to give them back., but the system says. I need to spread them around even though I KNOW I did. You are correct in those facts, I just wish you would acknowledge the facts about the SoCon this year.

The fact that there are several pretty good teams, perhaps not as good as usual, who are beating each other up like they always do? That happens every year.

Lehigh'98
November 9th, 2013, 03:38 PM
The fact that there are several pretty good teams, perhaps not as good as usual, who are beating each other up like they always do? That happens every year.

Chatty is running away with it. That doesn't happen ever..

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 03:39 PM

We will disagree on "pretty good" teams. IMO they are mediocre like many.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Chatty is running away with it. That doesn't happen ever..

See Furman. See Samford. See Wofford

All three are pretty good. Seriously boys any of those three would win your league this year. It's not a put down just a fact.

RichH2
November 9th, 2013, 03:55 PM
LU played a very solid 60 minute game. The DL and LB's played very well today. Overall, the team played with a toughness that I haven't see since UNH....
Solid play on O and D. Shaf is our future. Outplayed Pujols. P P hasn't much arm strength but a very good QB. Cross still slow overall,especially on D
Cant ever recall Sherm being as quick as he is playing now.
Any word on Matt's injury?

Southsider
November 9th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Solid play on O and D. Shaf is our future. Outplayed Pujols. P P hasn't much arm strength but a very good QB. Cross still slow overall,especially on D

Heard radio guy say it was a hip injury. Hope he is OK. But. gotta go with the freshmen regardless!

RichH2
November 9th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Yup, but since we run'em need 2. Visconti nice guy but I dont want him to see the field unless were up by lots.

LehighU11
November 9th, 2013, 04:15 PM

Agree with all of your points. You would never know that Pujals has been playing almost all season, and that this was essentially Shafnisky's first real action at QB. That's not a knock on Pujals, Nick just outplayed the HC QB. Part of that may have been the result of weak O-line play by Holy Cross and some questionable play-calling.

I don't understand why HC kept calling 5 yard plays on their final drive with under 5 minutes left. They kept wasting another 10-15 seconds per play just looking over to the sidelines when they got up to the line. It seemed they had no urgency. Maybe Pujals was worn out from the beating he took all game.

Sherman always seems to have a great game when he gets a fair number of carries. He certainly was "lathered up" after getting the ball early. Take away his 60 yard TD run and he still had over 100 yards rushing on 19 carries. For LU to win out, they'll need to stick to giving Keith the ball. He's far too elusive and powerful as a runner to leave underutilized.

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 04:19 PM
PP didn't have one of his better games (fumble and int particularly) but I wouldn't say Shafinsky "out-played" him. Pujals was 30-42-269-1-1 and 23 yds rushing on many sacks to Shafinsky's 11-12-136-2-0 and 55 yds rushing. Both played well but Pujals had to do more to make it a game.

Biased, but i'd still take Pujals over any other PL Frosh QB moving forward.

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 04:43 PM
PP didn't have one of his better games (fumble and int particularly) but I wouldn't say Shafinsky "out-played" him. Pujals was 30-42-269-1-1 (tel:30-42-269-1-1) and 23 yds rushing on many sacks to Shafinsky's 11-12-136-2-0 (tel:11-12-136-2-0) and 55 yds rushing. Both played well but Pujals had to do more to make it a game.

Biased, but i'd still take Pujals over any other PL Frosh QB moving forward.

areyou ou ignoring the fact that Shaf played one series in the first half and the second half, whil pujals played the entire game. I know I am bias, but Shaf looked much stronger, I will be fine with him.

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Well aware of it, just saying that one QB didn't play better than the other as to who won the game.

Shaf played well and was very efficient but his play wasn't "head and shoulders" over PP.

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Well aware of it, just saying that one QB didn't play better than the other as to who won the game.

Shaf played well and was very efficient but his play wasn't "head and shoulders" over PP.

ok agree with that. Hopefully we can watch both for three more years.

ngineer
November 10th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Got to see the game today. By far the best defensive performance of the year, except maybe UNH. Lots of pressure on the QB all day. Half a dozen sacks, and a number of hurries and hits. I was sitting above the south endzone with my granddaughter (keeping an eye on her as she rolled down the hill time after time), but no way the line judge on the east side line could make the call as he had no view of the ball, which to me clearly broke the plane. Regardless, the INT a few plays later and subsequent TD got it back. Shafnisky looks like the real deal, and I expect him to start next week even if McHale is able to play. I would expect any hip injury will have less than 100%. I don't want to think about Visconti. Is Poutier still with the team? Kudos to the OL today, both in protection and blocking. Sherman had a monster day. Fernandez-Soto held out for another week. I think they will need him in Hamilton.
I was hoping Pandy would get a shot at a 54 yard FG just before the half, but the pass to Sherman for the TD spoiled that (;-). All in all a great day for the team to come back from the Bucknell debacle like this. Now on to Colgate for another slobberknocker!! Fingers crossed on the weather. I heard they had some light snow up there yesterday.