PDA

View Full Version : Brock Jensen poised to set FCS record

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2013, 07:25 AM
North Dakota State needs two victories in its final three regular-season games to put Brock Jensen in some rather elite FCS company. He’s two wins shy from tying the division’s all-time record for most wins by a quarterback.Jensen has 41 heading into today’s home game against Illinois State. He is tied with Eric Ward of Richmond from 2006-09.
Armanti Edwards of Appalachian State has the record of 43 set in those same years.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/417744/group/Sports/

B.T.C.
November 9th, 2013, 07:28 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/417744/group/Sports/

Well deserved. I hope he gets it. And I hope he has a brighter pro career ahead of him than Armanti had.

No_Skill
November 9th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Well deserved. I hope he gets it. And I hope he has a brighter pro career ahead of him than Armanti had.

Not a lot of talk about Brock going pro out there. As much as I'd love to see it, I doubt he makes an NFL roster.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Not a lot of talk about Brock going pro out there. As much as I'd love to see it, I doubt he makes an NFL roster.

Brock is a great college QB but not the QB the NFL likes now....the typical pocket passer or read-option QB. He is tough and a great leader, I wouldn't exchange him for any other FCS QB.

Oh ya, he'll break the record....xthumbsupx

Houndawg
November 9th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Brock is a great college QB but not the QB the NFL likes now....the typical pocket passer or read-option QB. He is tough and a great leader, I wouldn't exchange him for any other FCS QB.

Oh ya, he'll break the record....xthumbsupx

In his favor, QB is the one position where intangibles can trump not fitting into the NFL template

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Not trying to say Brock is anywhere near what Andrew Luck is but that's the NFL QB I'd say Brock's game resembles the most. He's a big pro-style QB who is a surprisingly good scrambler, faster than people give him credit for, and above all clutch when it counts. He's got a strong arm but I think accuracy under duress and quick decision making would be his NFL level weaknesses. I doubt he'll be drafted but I think he'll get a chance to compete for a roster spot somewhere if he wants one. He'll face an uphill battle but he's a gamer so I would never bet against him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Not trying to say Brock is anywhere near what Andrew Luck is but that's the NFL QB I'd say Brock's game resembles the most. He's a big pro-style QB who is a surprisingly good scrambler, faster than people give him credit for, and above all clutch when it counts. He's got a strong arm but I think accuracy under duress and quick decision making would be his NFL level weaknesses. I doubt he'll be drafted but I think he'll get a chance to compete for a roster spot somewhere if he wants one. He'll face an uphill battle but he's a gamer so I would never bet against him.

That is what pisses me off about the NFL. They are totally 'tunnel vision' and win right now attitude.

You don't have to have the typical drop-back passer or read-option QB to be successful in the NFL. But teams see what is working and try to copy the template of another team. A QB like a Tebow or Brock could be successful in the right offensive system. But NFL teams want to win right now and do not give teams a chance to develop players.

Joe Montana did not have a strong arm or was not very big physically but he was a winner and great decision maker in their offensive system.

Brock could probably be a 'adequate' QB in the right west-coast system but he would be told not to run the ball. If he could run in the system he could be a decent QB....in the right system (main point).

marenlee
November 9th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Brock Jensen > Christian Ponder > Matt Cassel > Josh Freeman. I know that's not saying much, but still...

Saint3333
November 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM

One, I doubt it. Two AE is still in the NFL.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2013, 10:20 AM
One, I doubt it. Two AE is still in the NFL.

LOL...not break the record? Yes, he will.

Brock will not be in the NFL.

robsnotes4u
November 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Definitely breaks the record, and deserves it. A good FCS QB but doesn't have the tools for the NFL or CFL, and that doesn't diminish anything he has accomplished. In addition, he is a respectful young man who puts his team above himself. Congratulations to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

robsnotes4u
November 9th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Brock Jensen > Christian Ponder > Matt Cassel > Josh Freeman. I know that's not saying much, but still...

That is just ridiculous, why even put something like that in a thread that is complimenting a college QB.

marenlee
November 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM
That is just ridiculous, why even put something like that in a thread that is complimenting a college QB.

It's just a little fun. As a frustrated Vikings fan what's the big deal?

blueballs
November 9th, 2013, 11:09 AM
He's walking in real tall cotton along with Edwards, Ward and Raymond Gross. He's earned it.

robsnotes4u
November 9th, 2013, 11:37 AM
It's just a little fun. As a frustrated Vikings fan what's the big deal?

Then I totally understand, make sure you have a good cardiologist.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 11:40 AM
He's walking in real tall cotton along with Edwards, Ward and Raymond Gross. He's earned it.

I put this into google translate and it changed the word cotton to corn. I get it now. xsmugx

Drblankstare
November 9th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Such a good guy, he will do well in life, NFL or not.

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 03:21 PM
If not NFL maybe CFL.

Drblankstare
November 9th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Right now he thinks he's Tom Brady, never seen him look this good passing. He's throwing lasers

Bisonator
November 9th, 2013, 03:29 PM
He is 8 of 10 for 124 yards and 2 TD's today.:D

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Right now he thinks he's Tom Brady, never seen him look this good passing. He's throwing lasers

Nice to have great protection from his OL...I wish our team had that. Lots of time to look at each receiver.