PDA

View Full Version : Poll question

bandl
October 7th, 2006, 07:04 PM
When was the last time both Delaware and Georgia Southern were not in the top 25 of any I-AA poll?

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 07:05 PM
don't know about the last time- but I know they will be this week :eek:

ravens
October 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Assuming UNH and Appy win all their remaining games does UNH retain #1. Do they have to lose to drop?

bandl
October 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Assuming UNH and Appy win all their remaining games does UNH retain #1. Do they have to lose to drop?

Yes, IMO.

Not the question though...anyone have any time to waste to research? 89Hen? ;)

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM

What are the remaining schedules? I'd assume margin of victory would come into account as well. ASU beats Furman, that pretty damn big...

...Depending on what Coastal does to them today. :D

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 07:19 PM
UNH is undefeated... I think so

ISUMatt
October 7th, 2006, 07:20 PM
YES UNH defeated a Top 10 team today!!

ravens
October 7th, 2006, 07:24 PM
What are the remaining schedules? I'd assume margin of victory would come into account as well. ASU beats Furman, that pretty damn big...

...Depending on what Coastal does to them today. :D

I think they each have one tough game...Furman for Appy, James Madison next week for UNH.....otherwise I see UNH finishing undefeated, and Appy with one loss to D1A ACC member NC State.

now if you consider margins of victory....and what Appy is doing to Nooga tonight.....

th0m
October 7th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Yeah, but UNH also beat a I-A team. I think even with a loss, UNH can be #1. I'm not saying they should, but a case can be made.

ravens
October 7th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, but UNH also beat a I-A team. I think even with a loss, UNH can be #1. I'm not saying they should, but a case can be made.

No, with a UNH loss they would certainly lose first place to Appy.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 07:38 PM
No, with a UNH loss they would certainly lose first place to Appy.
Or an undefeated SIU (who beat Indiana)

bandl
October 7th, 2006, 07:46 PM
BACK TO TOPIC PEOPLE!!!! :mad: :p

ravens
October 7th, 2006, 07:47 PM
BACK TO TOPIC PEOPLE!!!! :mad: :p

there seems to be more than one question about the poll...sorry if no one knows the answer to your question

Wildcat Country
October 7th, 2006, 07:49 PM
I think they each have one tough game...Furman for Appy, James Madison next week for UNH.....otherwise I see UNH finishing undefeated, and Appy with one loss to D1A ACC member NC State.

now if you consider margins of victory....and what Appy is doing to Nooga tonight.....

I think your forgetting that UNH has a tough UMass team coming to town in a few weeks. If they can get past that tough stretch of the schedule, they are in good shape for the playoffs.

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 07:52 PM
there seems to be more than one question about the poll...sorry if no one knows the answer to your question

God u may be the rudest person I ever saw on this site. Theres more then one question because you hijacked the thread. :mad: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

bandl
October 7th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Then don't bring up another question please. Start a different thread.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Then don't bring up another question please. Start a different thread.
what are we talking about? :p

ravens
October 7th, 2006, 07:56 PM
God u may be the rudest person I ever saw on this site. Theres more then one question because you hijacked the thread. :mad: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

No that would be you xcoffeex Whats your problem? Is this your board?
No one knew the answer and the thread died after the first post.

bandl
October 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
1 minute until the 2nd post and you consider that dead??? :confused:

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Just remember...

If SHSU defeats Northwestern St, they'll be the only team in the SLC with a winning record and will deserve your vote!

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 07:59 PM

You hijacked the thread with ur question 12 minutes afetr he created this thread. If u have questions create ur own thread geeze xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

bandl
October 7th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Just remember...

If SHSU defeats Northwestern St, they'll be the only team in the SLC with a winning record and will deserve your vote!

DAMMIT...is the question in the first poll invisible or something??

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 08:00 PM

I'd answer it if i knew the answer. Im guesing at some point this evening someone will have an answer for u.

rcny46
October 7th, 2006, 10:29 PM

I think UMass will be a tough one for UNH,and I wouldn't underestimate Maine either.

Gil Dobie
October 7th, 2006, 10:35 PM

NC State is better than Northwestern though :eyebrow:
That's what makes it tough. I don't see Northwestern winning a game the rest of the year. App St vs UNH game in the playoffs will be great.

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 10:36 PM

It's a valid question...because this is a thread called 'poll question'

Can the folks from the AGS world give some love to SHSU for their big road win against NWST and the fact they are the only team in the SLC with a winning mark...

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Or an undefeated SIU (who beat Indiana)
Thank you for noticing.
:D

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Thank you for noticing.
:D
SIU is being overlooked IMHO, although that is better than being overrated :nod:

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 10:42 PM
It's a valid question...because this is a thread called 'poll question'

Can the folks from the AGS world give some love to SHSU for their big road win against NWST and the fact they are the only team in the SLC with a winning mark...
Campaigning for poll votes... are you from Youngstown :p

rcny46
October 7th, 2006, 10:57 PM

I think that if UNH loses one somewhere along the way,and ASU wins out,the Mountaineers would be considered the #1 team by most pollsters.

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM
I think the early loss looks better than a late loss, but IMO, they should be co #1's if they only have 1 loss each. Ofcourse it all depends on who UNH would lose to

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 11:08 PM
I think the early loss looks better than a late loss, but IMO, they should be co #1's if they only have 1 loss each. Ofcourse it all depends on who UNH would lose to
Y'all are acting like there are only two teams in I-AA this year- it will depend on what happens with other teams as well

HiHiYikas
October 7th, 2006, 11:49 PM
When was the last time both Delaware and Georgia Southern were not in the top 25 of any I-AA poll?
It's tough to look up because GaSo's website doesn't include a media guide or results prior to 2005.

Delaware was 4-6 in 2001. Of course, GaSo won the SoCon that year.

It doesn't look to have happened in over 20 years, would be my guess. In the early 80's you might find a season when neither team was a playoff contender. Don't know if that means they both weren't ranked, though.

If every team would just post their media guide on their website, an answer would be easier to find.

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Y'all are acting like there are only two teams in I-AA this year- it will depend on what happens with other teams as well

Very true, several undefeated teams in the Top 25. After yesterdays UNH-UR and ASU-UTC games I think Appy should be # 1.

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Very true, several undefeated teams in the Top 25. After yesterdays UNH-UR and ASU-UTC games I think Appy should be # 1.

exactly why should a team that beats the #7 team in the country drop from #1?

I mean seriously... Is your brain even turned on?

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

th0m
October 8th, 2006, 09:34 AM
That's what makes it tough. I don't see Northwestern winning a game the rest of the year. App St vs UNH game in the playoffs will be great.

I agree that NCST is way better than Northwestern. But you have to agree that the Big10 is a way tougher conference than the ACC. I also agree that an early loss looks better than a late loss. Or well, 'less bad' before 'better'.

ASU blew out a team that beat Tenn Tech and GSU, while losing to The Citadel (and that being el Cid's lone W. Okay, they played Pitt and Texas A&M, but CSU and Woffy?).

Anyway, sorry about all the off-topic posts!

As HiHiYikas posted, I wouldn't be surprised if the last time neither were ranked is early 80's. Question is, is this occurence due to GSU and Delaware both being bad, or just more parity? (Probably a mix of both?)

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2006, 09:36 AM

Seems 1983 is probably the best guess, Georgia Southern was 6-5, possible to have been in the very lower parts of a poll. Delware was 4-7 that season.

dbackjon
October 8th, 2006, 09:37 AM

Northwestern still gets to play Illinois....

Ronbo
October 8th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Anyone that votes Montana #1 this week should be banned from the voting. We play in one of the worst Conferences in I-AA.:( Playing the cupcake schedule we are is just a recipe for a first round exit from the playoffs. Our guys are getting soft and overconfident.

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2006, 09:43 AM
http://www.michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_1aa.htm

this site is great if u click the icon just before the teams name it takes u to yer by year records and results.

I warn you though not to open it in IE. the main page works fine but when u click for an individual teams page it locks up my IE though it may just be a IE 7.0 thing but i dunno. Works great in firefox

dbackjon
October 8th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Anyone that votes Montana #1 this week should be banned from the voting. We play in one of the worst Conferences in I-AA.:( Playing the cupcake schedule we are is just a recipe for a first round exit from the playoffs. Our guys are getting soft and overconfident.
How do you figure the BSC is one of the worst??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: We have two teams that have beaten I-A teams this year. Not spectacular teams, but 1-6 are SOLID teams that could compete in any conference.

Ronbo
October 8th, 2006, 10:00 AM
How do you figure the BSC is one of the worst??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: We have two teams that have beaten I-A teams this year. Not spectacular teams, but 1-6 are SOLID teams that could compete in any conference.

1 team with a winning record. Bad, bad. bad.

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I mean seriously... Is your brain even turned on?

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

are you always an ahole?xcoffeex

UNHWildCats
October 8th, 2006, 10:09 AM
are you always an ahole?xcoffeex

nope just to other aholes.

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 10:11 AM
nope just to other aholes.
you certainly excel at itxcoffeex