PDA

View Full Version : UM/EWU Thread

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Griz take the opening kickoff to about the Eagle 43, 15 yard penalty on EWU makes it first and 10 at about the EWU 30 or so.

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Touchdown Montana!

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 04:09 PM
7-0 Griz. 13:03 left in the 1st.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM
is this on TV... I haven't found it yet....

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 04:11 PM
is this on TV... I haven't found it yet....

I'm watching on BigSkyTV.org. I don't know about TV in Montana...

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I'm watching on BigSkyTV.org. I don't know about TV in Montana...
found it- my cable guide always shows the Griz games as something else (according to the guide I should be watching LSU/UF)

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 04:15 PM
EWU started at their own 12, now out to the 35, 2nd and 3. Now 3rd and 2...

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 04:17 PM
EWU punts, and Tuff Harris has a 95 yard TD return! :nod:

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM
14-0 UM, 9:41 left in the 1st.

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 04:24 PM
INT Montana! 1st and 10 at about the 35...

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
TD Griz! Brady Green runs it in from the two after a 33 yard pass. PAT is good. 6:49 left in the 1st. 21-0 Montana.

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 04:33 PM
10 replies and 11 views on this thread, assuming a reply is counted as a view, I'm pretty much talking to myself, here.

This thread is dead. I'll post updates on the scores thread. :thumbsup:

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:35 PM
10 replies and 11 views on this thread, assuming a reply is counted as a view, I'm pretty much talking to myself, here.

I talk to myself all the time- don't feel bad :)

nevadagriz
October 7th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Hey i'm with ya tod. Check out the thread on e-griz nice crowd there.
Another INT by the griz!!!!!!

JALMOND
October 7th, 2006, 04:40 PM
I'm here, Tod. Keep 'em coming.

nevadagriz
October 7th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Another INT by the Griz!!!! Three for the game two of them on EWU drives deep in GRIZ territory.

Ronbo
October 7th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Cause everyone likes east coast football and could give a frick about the Big Sky. When will you guys that post here figure that out? New Hampshire plays What's It Who State and it generates 34 pages of uninteresting chatter. LOL

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Cause everyone likes east coast football and could give a frick about the Big Sky. When will you guys that post here figure that out?

Go away, Ronbo.

Ronbo
October 7th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Tod you're a loser that doesn't even post on eGriz.

ISUMatt
October 7th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Im here Tod, but soon to go to the ILS/WKU game

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Cause everyone likes east coast football and could give a frick about the Big Sky. When will you guys that post here figure that out? New Hampshire plays What's It Who State and it generates 34 pages of uninteresting chatter. LOL
Richmond was a top 10 team going into today

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 05:38 PM
don't you have to campaign for a I-A move to post on egriz :p

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 05:40 PM

It's boring talking about the same team and how great the Griz are and how everybody else sucks and the Griz are the best ever and blah, blah, blah...

I'm a loser?

**** you.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 05:44 PM
sounds like a very pro-Griz crowd in Cheyney

ISUMatt
October 7th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Im pro-Griz!!

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Griz up 27-10 and about to poke another one in

jester2trife
October 7th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Updates?

Ronbo
October 7th, 2006, 07:33 PM
It's boring talking about the same team and how great the Griz are and how everybody else sucks and the Griz are the best ever and blah, blah, blah...

I'm a loser?

**** you.

That is exactly why you are a loser, I only said UNC sucked. Other than that I only posted news about Montana and got attacked every time. Oh yeah I had the audacity to say NDSU's weight room looked like a gym, which is the truth you PC idiot. Kissing everyone's butt here. You are pretty disgusting trying to shut me up like the rest of your scumbag liberal friends try to supress free speech. Stick it where the sun doesn't shine commie.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 07:36 PM
That is exactly why you are a loser, I only said UNC sucked. Other than that I only posted news about Montana and got attacked every time. Oh yeah I had the audacity to say NDSU's weight room looked like a gym, which is the truth you PC idiot. Kissing everyone's butt here. You are pretty disgusting trying to shut me up like the rest of your scumbag liberal friends try to supress free speech. Stick it where the sun doesn't shine commie.
who pissed in your weighties

you don't like our weight room?

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&ATCLID=74763

WyomingGrizFan
October 7th, 2006, 11:36 PM
That looks like a very good 'gymnasium' to me, 'Hansel.' Glad to see your Bison delivered a good game down in Statesboro, Georgia today. I guess that different type of Georgian swamp didn't help out any this year. Too bad if the I-AA play-offs leave you guys out.

Grizo406
October 9th, 2006, 03:35 PM

To borrow a quote from the Cap'n..."LMAO" on this response.

So what if he doesn't post on eGriz on a regular basis? How does where someone posts, and their frequency make them a loser?

Cap'n Cat
October 9th, 2006, 03:43 PM

JESUS, RON!!!

WTF is the matter with you, man? Tod doesn't kiss butt here. He's respected for his knowledge, humor, restraint and communication skills. He NEVER posts ***** like this.

Jesus............

: smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh :

JALMOND
October 9th, 2006, 03:57 PM

I've gone to eGriz once and it was a mistake. Right after the PSU game last year. eGriz is just like any other fan message board. Grizzlies are the best in the nation and F*** every one else. Say one good thing about a Griz opponent on eGriz and you get attacked from all angles. Forget about having all your facts straight and prepared to make a constructive argument for a Griz opponent, simply put on eGriz, you don't know *****.

Then Ronbo wants to come on here and talk about freedom of speech. On eGriz, the only freedom of speech is if you want to talk about how great the Griz are.

My apologies, tho, to the Griz faithful who post here regularly. As bad as eGriz is for other posters, I would not expect any less from any other team's message board. Here, we have the right to expect courtesy from others as we talk about our own team. To me, that is how it should be. AGS should not be turned into one team's own message board and we all should express our right to talk about any team's progress, without risking attacks from others. Last year, I learned a alot of the Big South and Coastal Carolina here at AGS. This year I'm learning about the NEC and Albany and CCSU. Learning about these two conferences on a site as AGS, to me is a whole lot better than going to their message boards and trying to figure them out there, with all their fans saying how great they are.

Cap'n Cat
October 9th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I've gone to eGriz once and it was a mistake. Right after the PSU game last year. eGriz is just like any other fan message board. Grizzlies are the best in the nation and F*** every one else. Say one good thing about a Griz opponent on eGriz and you get attacked from all angles. Forget about having all your facts straight and prepared to make a constructive argument for a Griz opponent, simply put on eGriz, you don't know *****.

Then Ronbo wants to come on here and talk about freedom of speech. On eGriz, the only freedom of speech is if you want to talk about how great the Griz are.

My apologies, tho, to the Griz faithful who post here regularly. As bad as eGriz is for other posters, I would not expect any less from any other team's message board. Here, we have the right to expect courtesy from others as we talk about our own team. To me, that is how it should be. AGS should not be turned into one team's own message board and we all should express our right to talk about any team's progress, without risking attacks from others. Last year, I learned a alot of the Big South and Coastal Carolina here at AGS. This year I'm learning about the NEC and Albany and CCSU. Learning about these two conferences on a site as AGS, to me is a whole lot better than going to their message boards and trying to figure them out there, with all their fans saying how great they are.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

putter
October 9th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I guess I had better be careful, I post on both......:o

JALMOND
October 9th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I guess I had better be careful, I post on both......:o

I'm sorry I sounded too harsh. My years here at AGS, I've found the Griz posters here to be both knowledgeable and fair, ready to celebrate a Griz victory, yet ready to be congratulatory on a Griz loss.

When I went to eGriz, I guess I was hoping for the same consideration, and was disappointed to see there was none.

elkmcc
October 9th, 2006, 04:19 PM

Uh oh. Someone forgot their meds again. Chill Ronbo! You had been doing so well and now you blow it. :nono:

putter
October 9th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry I sounded too harsh. My years here at AGS, I've found the Griz posters here to be both knowledgeable and fair, ready to celebrate a Griz victory, yet ready to be congratulatory on a Griz loss.

When I went to eGriz, I guess I was hoping for the same consideration, and was disappointed to see there was none.

Actually it can get down right nasty over there sometimes and that is between Griz fans!! I have noticed that the posters set the tone. If an opposing fan comes on and is genuine then they are treated well, (Iowa fans) and then you have the kid from EWU paper who posted on the school's website "Why I Hate Montana' -- well he got a rather rude reception despite that fact that it was a humorous take on the "rivalry" between the two teams.

Grizzaholic
October 9th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I try and post on both sites but spend a lot of time on AGS. I usually don't get flamed for posting about other teams and their success. Jalmond, come and give it another shot. Sometimes emotions get a little heated between us Griz faithful.

On another note....holy ***** ron. That was kind of uncalled for.

GrizFamily
October 9th, 2006, 05:18 PM
sounds like a very pro-Griz crowd in Cheyney

I was at the game, and it was a pro-Griz crowd becauase it was 3/4ths Griz Fans. The North and South end zones were a sea of Maroon as were the East stands and all of the portables they brought in to handle the extra crowd (Griz Fans). I thought it was humorous that Eastern set a Stadium record of 11,500 fans and was largely due to the tremendous fan support of the Griz Fans. No wonder their stadium is called Eastern Washington Grizzly Stadium.

And for the record I agree with Ronbo and all of you who are admonishing him for his post are proving the point.

griz37
October 9th, 2006, 05:28 PM

xcoffeex :bawling: xidiotx xcoffeex :bawling: xidiotx :bang:

I don't think anyone would care if you took your ball & went home Ronbo. That way you & Greenie will have more time for top-secret emailed practice reports.

Tod
October 9th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Actually it can get down right nasty over there sometimes and that is between Griz fans!! I have noticed that the posters set the tone. If an opposing fan comes on and is genuine then they are treated well, (Iowa fans) and then you have the kid from EWU paper who posted on the school's website "Why I Hate Montana' -- well he got a rather rude reception despite that fact that it was a humorous take on the "rivalry" between the two teams.

It does get nasty over there, that's why I mostly read and don't post much:

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=17009

Cap'n Cat
October 10th, 2006, 08:56 AM
And for the record I agree with Ronbo and all of you who are admonishing him for his post are proving the point.

Enjoy your tiny minority!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

grizindabox
October 10th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Ronbo, like many of the posters on egriz, do not have an iota of subjectivity when it comes to Griz football. The Maroon oozes from their veins, and I commend them for that, but they can not give credit to others most of the time, and even credit to the Griz. Posters complain that the backup QB should be starting, or that the Griz should be able to score touchdowns 100% of the time they are in the red zone, (boy, we would all like our favorite team to do so, but most of us live we some sort of reality). Many fans believe that the Griz have so much talent that no other team should be able to compete on the same field, but the realists of the group know that most schools can line up 22 players that are similar in talent, and where Montana has an advantage is in the depth of talent, (going to EWU with the top 2 rb's out, top producing wr out, and two starting o-linemen on the sideline by the second quarter). Then most of these same posters slam and ridicule the die-hard fans that actually see beyond the Maroon glow, able to acknowledge others, and realize that the world does not revolve around the Griz, they are only part of the 1-AA world.

:eyebrow: xcoffeex

elkmcc
October 10th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Ronbo, like many of the posters on egriz, do not have an iota of subjectivity when it comes to Griz football. The Maroon oozes from their veins, and I commend them for that, but they can not give credit to others most of the time, and even credit to the Griz. Posters complain that the backup QB should be starting, or that the Griz should be able to score touchdowns 100% of the time they are in the red zone, (boy, we would all like our favorite team to do so, but most of us live we some sort of reality). Many fans believe that the Griz have so much talent that no other team should be able to compete on the same field, but the realists of the group know that most schools can line up 22 players that are similar in talent, and where Montana has an advantage is in the depth of talent, (going to EWU with the top 2 rb's out, top producing wr out, and two starting o-linemen on the sideline by the second quarter). Then most of these same posters slam and ridicule the die-hard fans that actually see beyond the Maroon glow, able to acknowledge others, and realize that the world does not revolve around the Griz, they are only part of the 1-AA world.

:eyebrow: xcoffeex

I have to disagree with you grizindabox. The majority of Griz fans are very respectful of other fans and many of those are very knowledgeable of other I-AA programs and IMO as a whole Griz fans are as or more knowledgeable than most I-AA fans. Montana fans have come to expect the playoffs every year and this alone puts Griz fans in a different category than most other I-AA fans. These expectations sometimes are misinterpreted as snobishness by other fans but in reality just reflect the level of expectation that Griz fans have grown accustomed (be it realistic or not).

Every team has the eccentric fan that embarasses everyone but themselves on a regular basis and Montana is no exception. Most Montana fans however are pretty nice people with a deep love for their football team and a healthy respect for I-AA football.

GrizFoo
October 10th, 2006, 12:53 PM
People are bad about generalizing, and judging a group by the actions of a few people in that group. The fact is, only a small portion of Griz fans even post on message boards. And of those there isn't a high percentage that disrespects other teams.

Sure Griz fans are proud of their team, tradition, facilities, etc. And sometimes that comes across poorly. And sometimes it comes across as intended, as "we are better than you". That is too bad, that a few fans make the rest of us look bad. But that is just the world we live in. Generalities are easy, where as judging each person/fan as an individual takes a little work. :bang:

putter
October 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM
We love our football, we love our Griz and we love to party. The Cap'n and D1B came out to Missoula and had a good time. It may not be the best tailgating in the country but we do our best and I defy anyone (except some Cat fans) from visiting teams that go out in Missoula to say that someone did not call them over and buy them a drink. Even brothers and sisters don't get along 100% of the time. Personally I just wish I could get out to other venues around the country....gotta keep buying Powerball tickets xsmileyclapx

Cap'n Cat
October 10th, 2006, 01:58 PM
We love our football, we love our Griz and we love to party. The Cap'n and D1B came out to Missoula and had a good time. It may not be the best tailgating in the country but we do our best and I defy anyone (except some Cat fans) from visiting teams that go out in Missoula to say that someone did not call them over and buy them a drink. Even brothers and sisters don't get along 100% of the time. Personally I just wish I could get out to other venues around the country....gotta keep buying Powerball tickets xsmileyclapx

Hey, I've been to Youngstown, Georgia Southern and Montana tailgating, three of the recognized top four or five tailgating schools in our division and they are all neck and neck above the 95th percentile. Don't sell the Griz experience short. Hope to make it out there again.

Regarding the topic we're now addressing, my only thing is the words used by Ronbo in that lambasting of Tod and his "liberal friends". WTF does that have to do with anything? The people on egriz.com and the way they behave is a separate issue to me.

Go Griz!