October 7th, 2006, 04:21 PM
now 31-24 SIU

WIU with the ball on their own 20

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:24 PM
WIU converts a first down out to the 35

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2006, 04:24 PM
SIU took the lead in the fourth on Whitlock's third TD.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:25 PM
4 mins to go

WIU a 3rd down 11 comin up

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
WIU completes out to the 40

Fourth down and 6 WIU

skinny_uncle
WIU with a FOURTH AND SIX, GOING FOR IT.

Hansel
false start on WIU.....

4th and 12 now

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2006, 04:27 PM
false start by WIU.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:27 PM
WIU drops the fourth down conversion attempt

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:28 PM
SIU ball 3:04 to go, WIU with 2 TOs remaining

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2006, 04:28 PM
turned over on downs.
SIU ball.
3:04 left.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:30 PM
WIU uses up their last timeout

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:31 PM
SIU with a third down coming up

a first down would ice it

Arkee Witlock with over 203 yards on the ground

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM
First Down SIU

Game Over

SIU 31, WIU 24

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Whitlock gets a first down with 51 seconds left. Game over.
SIU wins 31-24.
Whitlock with a huge game. Over 200 yards and 3 TDs.

siugrad99
October 7th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Commended Effort. Out of their mind on 3rd down and a missed INT and Sack kept them close in the end. Welcome to Arkie's world I hope everyone got an autograph on there way to the bus :) Go Dawgs. We sure do like to make it interesting on Homecoming.

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Whitlock ended up with a career high 216 yards. Felt like the first time he has really been turned loose this season.
:hurray:

siugrad99
October 7th, 2006, 04:52 PM
They just wore down the D with 70 plus plays from scrimmage to our 54 or so. That is 4 sets of downs more the D was on the field. They were able to convert basically every 3rd down, which allowed them to stay in it and tie it up. IF Johnson held onto that INT and from what Reis said he had all open field ahead we probably are talking about a 21 point SIU win instead of a 7 point victory. Anyway nice to a game close. As long as we walk away Healthy going up against the beast that is Illinois State next week i'm happy. One last thing, Arkie any other week would be Player of the Week, but i'm ASSuming David Ball will win it because of his breaking of Rice's record. Congrats to him.

Neckfansince71
October 7th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Sounds to me like you are just a little uncomfortable with only a 7 pt. win! Dropped int. etc. etc. etc. Marco Thomas dropped 4th down pass and who knows. Maybe he would have had a wide open field. I've said this already once this year. The Necks are back and if it were not for two road games to open the Gateway, they would be at least 1-1. But I'm sorry, I am beginning to sound a little like an SIU fan! SIU is tough. Your line is good at opening holes and so far Whitlock is unstoppable. I hope you continue to get it done. And for once, save some energy and wins for the NCAA playoffs!!! Good luck!

jc

SO ILLmatic
October 7th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Great way for the Salukis to start the Gateway 2 & 0 and continue their undefeated season. I would have liked to seen the Dawgs win by at least another tocuhdown, but I'll take a win any day of the week. Big game for Arkee and he showed why he is one of the premier backs in the country. LaFalce and Donaldson had good games, and I can see the Necks surprising some Gateway teams before the season is over. Disappointed in the crowd though. Homecoming, undefeated team, playing WIU, perfect weather - there should be 14,000 there at least. Hopefully we can continue to play well and some Saluki fans will start to take notice.

Looking forward to going to Bloomington-NORMAL next Saturday and seeing a good game between the Redbirds & Salukis. There should be a big crowd for IL St's homecoming and hopefully the game will live up to the hype.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Great way for the Salukis to start the Gateway 2 & 0 and continue their undefeated season. I would have liked to seen the Dawgs win by at least another tocuhdown, but I'll take a win any day of the week. Big game for Arkee and he showed why he is one of the premier backs in the country. LaFalce and Donaldson had good games, and I can see the Necks surprising some Gateway teams before the season is over. Disappointed in the crowd though. Homecoming, undefeated team, playing WIU, perfect weather - there should be 14,000 there at least. Hopefully we can continue to play well and some Saluki fans will start to take notice.

Looking forward to going to Bloomington-NORMAL next Saturday and seeing a good game between the Redbirds & Salukis. There should be a big crowd for IL St's homecoming and hopefully the game will live up to the hype.
Huge game next week- winner will win the Gateway IMHO :)

igo4uni
October 7th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Huge game next week- winner will win the Gateway IMHO :)

Perhaps..............

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Perhaps..............
UNI is at SIU and at YSU which will be tough all though they have played better the last two weeks

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM
UNI is at SIU and at YSU which will be tough all though they have played better the last two weeks

If we can steal one of those games we'll have a chance.

birdsflyhigh
October 7th, 2006, 09:04 PM
WIU's D was better than advertised, but the SIU Salukis held on to seal the victory over a darn good WIU Leatherneck team. Knew this would be a close game and wasn't disappointed.

ISU's Redbirds survive WKU to get the HUGE road win in Bowling Green, so that sets up an unbelievably big game next week. The Birds will be ready to take down the undefeated Salukis for ISU's homecoming in Normal.It'll be a great game...no doubt about it!!!

CONGRATS Salukis on a hard earned victory over WIU! :)

siugrad99
October 7th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Scared to Death of this game. I think my @ss still hurts from the whoopin you put on us last year. It will be a fun season in the Gateway. Could 2 losses win the conference this season ?

birdsflyhigh
October 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Hopefully neither ISU or SIU has to find out...ha ha. Yeah, probably 2 losses will win the wild and wooly Gateway this year. :nod:

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Scared to Death of this game. I think my @ss still hurts from the whoopin you put on us last year. It will be a fun season in the Gateway. Could 2 losses win the conference this season ?
Probably a co-championship like last year. As balanced as the top of the league is, it could very well happen.

Saluki_man
October 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Sounds to me like you are just a little uncomfortable with only a 7 pt. win! Dropped int. etc. etc. etc. Marco Thomas dropped 4th down pass and who knows. Maybe he would have had a wide open field. I've said this already once this year. The Necks are back and if it were not for two road games to open the Gateway, they would be at least 1-1. But I'm sorry, I am beginning to sound a little like an SIU fan! SIU is tough. Your line is good at opening holes and so far Whitlock is unstoppable. I hope you continue to get it done. And for once, save some energy and wins for the NCAA playoffs!!! Good luck!

jc

Johnson was gone if he had the INT in the fourth. Quite a few penalties missed by the zebras for both sides, lots of grabbing the jerseys. But the screen worked for WIU well, SIU has to do a better job of tackling.