PDA

View Full Version : NYT: Winning With Panache at NDSU

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2013, 10:44 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/sports/ncaafootball/winning-with-panache-at-north-dakota-state.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid%3D=tw-nytsports&_r=0

A rack of green-and-gold North Dakota State attire looks out of place inside Straus Clothing, the fine men’s store that has served North Dakotans for more than 100 years. A photograph on the display provides context. It shows Craig Bohl, N.D.S.U.’s football coach, disembarking from the team bus in a stylish dark suit and print tie sold in the display.

xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Great article.

Southern Bison
November 7th, 2013, 11:41 PM
The closing to this article should put to rest the "Where is Bohl heading" threads.

thebootfitter
November 7th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Great article.
Yeah... Except for the caption under one of the photos:

"Quarterback Carson Wentz is leading the Bison’s pursuit of a third consecutive F.C.S. championship."

At least they were able to match the correct name with the picture, even if they didn't really get it right. :-)

Southern Bison
November 8th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Yeah... Except for the caption under one of the photos:

"Quarterback Carson Wentz is leading the Bison’s pursuit of a third consecutive F.C.S. championship."

At least they were able to match the correct name with the picture, even if they didn't really get it right. :-)

I think Carson's going to get some good-natured crap in the locker room about that caption. xrolleyesx

Twentysix
November 8th, 2013, 04:33 AM
When the NYtimes writes a fashion article about your teams head coach, you have officially gone next level.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/195pbg0pkg35sgif/ku-medium.gif

nwndbison
November 8th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Thank you Lehigh Football Nation for starting this thread. It's always better when friends appreciate the recognition of other FCS programs than us cocky Bison tootin' our own horn all the time.

Good luck the rest of the way. Hope to see Lehigh in the playoffs. But it looks like Bucknell found their groove, eh?

Darlinikki150
November 8th, 2013, 06:00 AM
I love when coaches have style. Nothing sexier than a man in a nice suit. Most coaches look disheveled on the side lines and on the street.

Nice article.

Southern Bison
November 8th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Thank you Lehigh Football Nation for starting this thread. It's always better when friends appreciate the recognition of other FCS programs than us cocky Bison tootin' our own horn all the time.

Wait a second...you mean Darell didn't post this first? xsmhx But he's always the first to post news about the Bison.

Or is that just the news he deems worthy like the Beck incident?

RichH2
November 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Nice read. Well deserved for Coach and NDSU

jimbo65
November 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Enjoyed the article and was pleased at his "sartorial splendor". I had anticipated his wardrobe to be more like bib overalls and a Deere baseball cap. Just kidding Bison fans. Hope we meet in Frisco.

BisonBacker
November 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
The closing to this article should put to rest the "Where is Bohl heading" threads.

Exactly....

Bohl, who married a Fargo radio personality in 2010, will discuss only the job he has. He said he has enjoyed living in a small city where he can leave his Chevy Tahoe unlocked.
“I understand that when you’re a young coach, you want to find what the big time is like,” Bohl said. “For me, I’ve had the good fortune to coach in two Fiesta Bowls, a Rose Bowl, two Orange Bowls, all the different major bowls, games, playing for national championships.
“When you find a place that fits your value system, the allure of ‘what the big time is’ is not such a big hook. That, for me, has dissipated.”
His style, however, has not.

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Enjoyed the article and was pleased at his "sartorial splendor". I had anticipated his wardrobe to be more like bib overalls and a Deere baseball cap. Just kidding Bison fans. Hope we meet in Frisco.

Hmm yes... both NDSU and Fordham are the subject of two NY Times features on FCS teams, their only such features this year. Conspiracy theory for Frisco? xeyebrowx

Fordham simply has a shot because of their offensive machine and good but not great defense. However, a physical team like NDSU could really shut them down and disrupt their offense.

Are there are any other really physical teams like NDSU?... EWU? Towson?

UNH Fanboi
November 8th, 2013, 05:40 PM
My main takeaway from that article is how SLOW Bohl looks in those pictures. I mean, it looks like he isn't even moving. He will never be able to compete with the SPEED of southern coaches.