PDA

View Full Version : Morehead St End Pair of 7 Game Losing Streaks - Beat Dayton

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Seven straight losses in their series against Dayton, seven straight losses overall and Morehead St finally knocks the door down against a Dayton team that has lost two weeks in a row. Morehead St has another seven in mind, leaving the seven other I-AA schools that are winless this year...

Dayton fell last week to a Butler program that was winless in Div I games before getting a win over the Flyers.

Football Eagles Rally For 22-15 Win at Dayton

DAYTON, Ky. - The Morehead State Football Eagles rallied from a 12-0 deficit to defeat the Dayton Flyers 22-15 Saturday afternoon at Welcome Stadium in Dayton. Click here for a game box score.

The Eagles broke two seven-game losing streaks with the key Pioneer Football League victory. MSU had lost seven games in a row dating to last season, and the Eagles had dropped seven straight games in the series with the Flyers.

MSU is now 1-5 overall, 1-2 in the PFL. Dayton fell to 3-2 overall, 0-2 in the league. The Eagles will celebrate Homecoming '06 next Saturday (Oct. 14) against Davidson. Kickoff at Jayne Stadium is scheduled for 1 p.m. EDT.

Dayton took a 6-0 lead in the first quarter on a one-yard run by Greg Wimberly. Eagle defensive lineman Kyle Sand blocked the UD PAT kick. That score stood up until the Flyers extended the lead to 12-0 on a nine-yard pass by Kevin Hoyng to Carlton McFadgen at the 12:35 mark of the third quarter. A two-point conversion attempt failed. Following that score, Dayton managed only a 37-yard field goal by Josh Heyne the remainder of the game.

http://www.msueagles.com/index.asp?display=body&bodycopyid=9

MoreheadEagle
October 7th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I was there, it was a heck of a game. MSU hasn't beated Dayton at Welcome Stadium since 1998. Here's hoping we can get out of the PFL with only one more loss (that being to San Diego in two weeks)

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 08:40 PM
I was there, it was a heck of a game. MSU hasn't beated Dayton at Welcome Stadium since 1998. Here's hoping we can get out of the PFL with only one more loss (that being to San Diego in two weeks)

San Diego is going to be a tough one...

I listened to Morehead's game earlier this year against Newberry.

That Fitzpatrick kid sounds like the real deal for the Eagles...