PDA

View Full Version : Why Did Biddle Go For 2?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Anyone who was at the game - why? I listened to the OT and I simply couldn't believe he went for 2 in that situation.

Now, I was half-following this game. I saw it was a back-and-forth affair, with two prizefighters duking it out. I just don't understand why he went for it.

ISUMatt
October 7th, 2006, 03:36 PM
being aggressive and went for the win!

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 03:38 PM
on the road I could see it... but not at home

TheValleyRaider
October 7th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I think Matt's got the right idea. He wanted to end it, and we had been inconsistant on offense all day. Wasn't sure he wanted to take the chance of having to score again and again. While I may not have gone for 2 myself, as soon as they lined up, I knew the play was going to be a QB draw. When I can predict the playcall that easily, we're doomed.

carney2
October 7th, 2006, 08:13 PM
why?

He's drinking the same spiked Kool-Aid as everyone else in this pathetic league.

DFW HOYA
October 7th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Easier to go for two in a non-conference game than a league game...simply put, the pressure isn't there as it would be if this was two against a league opponent and the outcome could affect an autobid.

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Easier to go for two in a non-conference game than a league game.

???????.......GOIN' FO DOS......IS NEVERAH EASY.......DAT WHY AFTERAH TWO OT'S.......GOTTA GO FO TWINS.............AWK!

Gate Football Man
October 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I guess he figured his kicker had already missed 1 PAT--why take the chance? I just can't figure out the play call!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I was reading the 'Gate message board and it seems like most fans were also scratching their heads.

I think that Biddle felt that, if we went for 1 and kicked and we missed, that could be so demoralizing that it could ruin the rest of the season. I think it was the right call to go for the win given the poor kicking game. However, i'm not sure why we didn't have a better play called. Saraceno ran right into two tacklers....

Here's what kills me. A lot of other folks also said that Biddle did a lot of running on 1st down right into Princeton's "D" line. Lehigh thought they could run it down their throats, and they learned they couldn't. Then, Lafayette tried to run it down their throats and they discovered that they couldn't. I'm real surprised that Colgate fell under a similar spell - I don't care how good their "O" line is. That Biddle went to that well in OT for the 2-pt conversion proved a sort of - hubris - that really shouldn't be present in any PL team this year.

I give up - is 4-0 Princeton getting no respect, or do all thee coaches think they're better than them?

carney2
October 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I give up - is 4-0 Princeton getting no respect, or do all thee coaches think they're better than them?

So far they've beaten 3 Patsys and Columbia so the jury is still out on Princeton. Let's see them against Penn and Harvard.

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 06:29 PM
So far they've beaten 3 Patsys and Columbia so the jury is still out on Princeton. Let's see them against Penn and Harvard.
nice to see PL fans have taken to self-depracating humor :p

carney2
October 8th, 2006, 08:59 PM
nice to see PL fans have taken to self-depracating humor :p

If it's humor, it's gallows humor.