PDA

View Full Version : Elon vs. Western Carolina

thirdgendin
October 7th, 2006, 01:33 PM
With less than 10 minutes played, Elon is pounding Western Carolina, 17-0. Western has completely fallen apart this season. They did give Briggs a three-year extension though.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I think Elon is improving a bit as well :)

ASU Kep
October 7th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Crickey!

17-0?!?

What's it look like now?

phoenixsq
October 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
We are up 27-10. We have scored on five straight possessions. We have 229 yard total "O" and we are still in the 2nd quarter.

gophoenix
October 7th, 2006, 03:10 PM
37-13 3rd quarter and that's with I think 3 missed FGs by us too.

422 yards of offense for Elon, 194 for Western.

FU97
October 7th, 2006, 03:21 PM
37-13 3rd quarter and that's with I think 3 missed FGs by us too.

Starting to sound like Furman with the missed FGs.

phoenixsq
October 7th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Wes Pope is 20-29, 295 2 TD:nod: . He is over 1000 yards for the season. I will still stand by my statement that he may be the best QB in the Southern Conference even after the day he had at App St. WR Terrell Huggins has 125 receiving:smiley_wi . RB Reggie Hall 12-85 and a TD:p .

We are driving again early in the fourth.

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Wes Pope is 20-29, 295 2 TD:nod: . He is over 1000 yards for the season. I will still stand by my statement that he may be the best QB in the Southern Conference even after the day he had at App St. WR Terrell Huggins has 125 receiving:smiley_wi . RB Reggie Hall 12-85 and a TD:p .

We are driving again early in the fourth.

Nice win, but please give it a rest, there are atleast 4 guys in the SoCon that are better than Pope, hell we have 2.:rolleyes:

phoenixsq
October 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Final: Elon 37 -WCU 19. Our best effort ever in the SoCon. We had 436 yards total offense.:eek:

Team Statistics Western Carolina Elon

FIRST DOWNS 17 21
Rushing 5 8
Passing 11 13
Penalty 1 0
Rushing Attempts 26 29
Yards Gained Rushing 83 153
Yards Lost Rushing 21 22
NET YARDS RUSHING 62 131
NET YARDS PASSING 228 305 :D
Passes Attempted 38 34
Passes Completed 22 25
Had Intercepted 1 0
TOTAL OFFENSIVE PLAYS 64 63

phoenixsq
October 7th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Nice win, but please give it a rest, there are atleast 4 guys in the SoCon that are better than Pope, hell we have 2.:rolleyes:

Yes I will let it rest until he is all SoCon. Tell me if any QB has 1000 yards and 10 TDs in the conference after five games?:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: The answer is nobody if that's too hard for you.

gophoenix
October 7th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Nice win, but please give it a rest, there are atleast 4 guys in the SoCon that are better than Pope, hell we have 2.

Names?

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Yes I will let it rest until he is all SoCon. Tell me if any QB has 1000 yards and 10 TDs in the conference after five games?:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: The answer is nobody if that's too hard for you.

Stats do not equal all conference. I am glad that you guys are improved, but that does not make Pope the best QB in the SoCon. You have lost to the only 2 good teams you have played, and Towson is questionable considering their SOS thus far. You have played 2 conference games, lets see what you think after its all said and done.

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Names?

Guys I would take over Pope:
1. Armanti Edwards
2. Trey Elder
3. Antonio Miller
4. Renaldo Gray
5. Duran Lawson

BigApp
October 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
xcoffeex doesn't mean much when your leading running back just passed 100 yards on the season...xcoffeex

October 7th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Guys I would take over Pope:
1. Armanti Edwards
2. Trey Elder... HOMER ALERT! BRAVADO WARNING! HOT AIR WATCH! Please guys this is the discussion board... please keep it to a minimum. Control yourselves... smack board is over there ---->:cool:

phoenixsq
October 7th, 2006, 05:35 PM
xcoffeex doesn't mean much when your leading running back just passed 100 yards on the season...xcoffeex

That running back last year was No. 6 in the conference with 795 yards and six TD::rotateh: The kid can play. R. Hall had 122 total yards today (84 rushing - 1 TD, 38 recieving, - 1 TD). The only reason the numbers are down is because of the new offense Pete Lembo has installed that features the QB:thumbsup: . We much rather have the wins (EQUALS ALL THE WINS WE HAD LAST YEAR) which we are getting with the new offense than running the ball in a one dimensional offense with one of your alumni as coach. By the way our first SoCon win was against P Hamilton when he was at ETSU:D

ASU Kep
October 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
HOMER ALERT! BRAVADO WARNING! HOT AIR WATCH! Please guys this is the discussion board... please keep it to a minimum. Control yourselves... smack board is over there ---->:cool:

IGNORANCE ALERT! If you'd take Pope over Edwards or Elder, I think your crazy. Reynaldo Gray is also a definite lock over Pope.

ASU Kep
October 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Don't mean to be a dickhead to Elon: they have gotten a LOT better, and I'm happy for 'em. It only makes the SOCON look better with literally EVERY team being competitive now (at least for #3). But...don't get ahead of yourselves...

SoCon48
October 7th, 2006, 07:25 PM

Post of the week, IMOP.

gophoenix
October 7th, 2006, 10:05 PM
IGNORANCE ALERT! If you'd take Pope over Edwards or Elder, I think your crazy. Reynaldo Gray is also a definite lock over Pope.

I would take Pope of the Elder of this year, yes. Elder can't hold on to the ball. Besides, these kinda of comparisons are a bit silly. Edwards and Elder have done well behind a good line, Pope has done well over the youngest/smallest line in the conference.

I find it funny that the App guys (you know, the sarcasm queens) are just popping in the back slap each other even in threads that have nothing to do with their team.

jamestown
October 7th, 2006, 11:36 PM
This ASU grad and fan would take pope any day of the week.

I watched him for four years at Ragsdale - he is one helluva leader and a great QB. Finally getting a shot to show what he can do.

Imagine how much better he would be if he was in his third season as a starter instead of his first.

Too bad he had to waste two years with that idiot coach and his no talented son

Saint3333
October 8th, 2006, 01:58 PM

Through 6 games (2 of which he didn't start), Edwards stats:

Rushing
276 yards 4 TDs

Passing
60-88, 906 yards, 7 TDs

Anyone think he might get freshman of the week for the third straight week?

If Edwards continues putting up these numbers Pope will have to settle for second at best. I think Pope is a fine QB, but he is not first team All-SoCon.

SoCon48
October 8th, 2006, 02:50 PM
This ASU grad and fan would take pope any day of the week.

I watched him for four years at Ragsdale - he is one helluva leader and a great QB. Finally getting a shot to show what he can do.

Imagine how much better he would be if he was in his third season as a starter instead of his first.

Too bad he had to waste two years with that idiot coach and his no talented son

He did great against the ASU 2nd string defense.

SoCon48
October 8th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Through 6 games (2 of which he didn't start), Edwards stats:

Rushing
276 yards 4 TDs

Passing
60-88, 906 yards, 7 TDs

Anyone think he might get freshman of the week for the third straight week?

If Edwards continues putting up these numbers Pope will have to settle for second at best. I think Pope is a fine QB, but he is not first team All-SoCon.

I dunno. If Elon can have player of the week on defense last week, while his team gave up over 500 yds and 45 pts, anything is possible.:eek:

AppGuy04
October 8th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I would take Pope of the Elder of this year, yes. Elder can't hold on to the ball. Besides, these kinda of comparisons are a bit silly. Edwards and Elder have done well behind a good line, Pope has done well over the youngest/smallest line in the conference.

I find it funny that the App guys (you know, the sarcasm queens) are just popping in the back slap each other even in threads that have nothing to do with their team.

Nobody would have said anything if your boy wasn't saying Pope was 1st team all SoCon