PDA

View Full Version : Delaware/N'eastern

ChickenMan
October 7th, 2006, 10:50 AM
UD's Omar Cuff will not start and may not play due to ankle injury suffered vs UNH. N'eastern's top two QB's are questionable and may not play.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 7th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Wow. This may be closer than I thought.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 11:11 AM
NU played Richmond tough- I wouldn't be surprised if they won :)

89Hen
October 7th, 2006, 11:14 AM
And the Hens haven't won in Boston since 1999. :eek:

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Huskies up 3

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 11:24 AM
N'Eastern by 10 now...

10-0 over Delaware, 8:28 1Q...

Not looking good for the Hens this season...

89Hen
October 7th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hens TD!

10-7 NU with 3 to go in first

89Hen
October 7th, 2006, 11:39 AM
End of 1st Q

NU up 10-7 with the ball on UD 44

89Hen
October 7th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Hens hold, punt - touchback.

89Hen
October 7th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Ouch, 25 yards of penalty on one play for NU... Hens 1st and 10 at 45.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 7th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Long pass+personal foul=UD ball on the NU 9

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Long pass+personal foul=UD ball on the NU 9
NU hurting themselves with penalties :(

89Hen
October 7th, 2006, 11:49 AM
FG Hens.. 10-10

89Hen
October 7th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Hens INT after NU moves down the field pretty quickly.

Hens already in NU territory.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 12:25 PM
anything happenin' here

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 7th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Half

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks- this game sounds like a pretty good one :)

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 12:31 PM
just saw UD scored again

17-10 UD at half

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 01:08 PM
TD Huskies 17-17 set up by long pass play. Under 5 min left in the third.

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Two teams trade turnovers - Hens ball deep in own territory still 17 all 4th Qtr.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Two teams trade turnovers - Hens ball deep in own territory still 17 all 4th Qtr.
time left in quarter and radio link porfavor :)

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 01:34 PM
time left in quarter and radio link porfavor :)

http://www.wrdx.com/pages/hensfootball.html

I'll guess about 10 min left. The announcers don't like to give the time. :confused: Make that 7:18 to go...

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 01:35 PM
http://www.wrdx.com/pages/hensfootball.html

I'll guess about 10 min left. The announcers don't like to give the time. :confused: Make that 7:18 to go...
Thanks- I wanna catch the finish :nod:

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 01:43 PM
TD Northeastern 24-17 Huskies 3.5 min left. Got a first down on a 3rd and 21...

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM
2 min left Hens driving - 1st down on the NE 35.

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 01:55 PM
TD Hens - Flacco to big Ben Patrick!

24-24 with 1 min left...

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 01:57 PM
TD Hens - Flacco to big Ben Patrick!

24-24 with 1 min left...
WOW!

If NDSU was not in a barnburner I would have to switch to this game

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
16 seconds left - NE at Delaware 36 4th and inches...

1st down NE timeout with 14 seconds left

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 02:04 PM
NE 4 seconds left ball at UD 17. Timeout for field goal attempt....

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 02:04 PM
35 yrd kick is..........

UD timeout to ice kicker

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 02:05 PM
NE 4 seconds left ball at UD 17. Timeout for field goal attempt....
34 yarder- I would put the odds at 50%

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
OK - kick is on the way and it is....

GOOD. Northeastern beats the Hens with 35 yrd FG as time expires.

27-24

ChickenMan
October 7th, 2006, 02:07 PM
A well deserved loss.

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 02:08 PM
We are just not a very good football team.... :nonono2: :mad: :o :(

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I think UD may be out of the polls for good now...

SunCoastBlueHen
October 7th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I think UD may be out of the polls for good now...

Agreed.

LEHIGH61
October 7th, 2006, 02:12 PM
They shouldn't have been ranked in the first place.

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 02:16 PM
WOW... man does UD play to the level of their comp or what...

89Hen
October 7th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Gee, surprise that the two biggest Henvy lurkers show up after the game is over. :rolleyes: :nonono2:

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Gee, surprise that the two biggest Henvy lurkers show up after the game is over. :rolleyes: :nonono2:
Im shocked you are here after your team just lost to the worst team the A10 has to offer.

89Hen
October 7th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Im shocked you are here after your team just lost to the worst team the A10 has to offer.
I'm here win or lose, not like you.

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I'm here win or lose, not like you.
Did I disapear after the Navy game? Nah.... Sorry we dont loose as much as UDel :D

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 7th, 2006, 03:30 PM
How loose is UD?

Maverick
October 7th, 2006, 03:34 PM
With those fine spelling skills, he should type his name correctly, U assfan! With him as a fan, UMass was able to rise to the upper levels of AGS in terms of worst fans. No matter what his team does, Umassfan is a true "looser"!!

Dane96
October 7th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Just got back from the game.

Let me post on behalf of what we will hear from some fans:

-Keeler sucks
-Couldnt get amped for NU's high school field
-Our DL sucks
-We are not very good
-The team wasnt prepared
-Flacco is so-so.

Ok...now that the comedy is done, here are my thoughts:

THE DLINE IS UNDERSIZED. They simply gave up huge plays up the gut, on the ground. In short, they were manhandled.

Flacco- They need to unleash him. Suprising speed at times (though you can tell it is a secondary thing to him), but he is accurate and has an absolute rifle. You can see why he was a IA guy.

Receivers- Some nice plays...ABSOLUTELY NO HEIGHT.

TE- Please tell me why they stopped going to your offensive stud? The guy is a beast, runs awesome patterns, and actually blocks very well. STAFF UNDER-UTILIZED HIM!!!!

Not having Cuff, I am sure hurt, but this was a game NU earned.

Northeastern, IMHO, should have blitzed Flacco more. THE O-Line looked confused at times.

A bright note: at least 3500 fans for a Columbus Day weekend game when the kids went home. UD fans were in good numbers.

HENFAN.....PLEASURE TO MEET YOU and YOUR FAMILY!!!! I will be there in 2008...promise!

ChickenMan
October 7th, 2006, 03:36 PM
How loose is UD?

Not 'loose' enough obviously...

Hey that W&M/UD matchup should be a classic this year... :p

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM
You guys will crush us. I doubt we win 2 more games this year.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM
xlolx
With those fine spelling skills, he should type his name correctly, U assfan! With him as a fan, UMass was able to rise to the upper levels of AGS in terms of worst fans. No matter what his team does, Umassfan is a true "looser"!!
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

That was a gem!!!!!!!!!xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

JMU2004
October 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
ahh....the jerk U assfan is back in full glory. Has a single fan ever ruined a school's rep as bad as he has???

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 04:07 PM
ahh....the jerk U assfan is back in full glory. Has a single fan ever ruined a school's rep as bad as he has???
Did you enjoy having your hands full with URIne today? Maybe you should go back to :bawling: about JMUs ****ty season.

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Awww someones bitter... now doesnt it suck to support teams that just dont know how to win... :bawling:

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Just got back from the game.

Let me post on behalf of what we will hear from some fans:

-Keeler sucks
-Couldnt get amped for NU's high school field
-Our DL sucks
-We are not very good
-The team wasnt prepared
-Flacco is so-so.

Ok...now that the comedy is done, here are my thoughts:

THE DLINE IS UNDERSIZED. They simply gave up huge plays up the gut, on the ground. In short, they were manhandled.

Flacco- They need to unleash him. Suprising speed at times (though you can tell it is a secondary thing to him), but he is accurate and has an absolute rifle. You can see why he was a IA guy.

Receivers- Some nice plays...ABSOLUTELY NO HEIGHT.

TE- Please tell me why they stopped going to your offensive stud? The guy is a beast, runs awesome patterns, and actually blocks very well. STAFF UNDER-UTILIZED HIM!!!!

Not having Cuff, I am sure hurt, but this was a game NU earned.

Northeastern, IMHO, should have blitzed Flacco more. THE O-Line looked confused at times.

A bright note: at least 3500 fans for a Columbus Day weekend game when the kids went home. UD fans were in good numbers.

HENFAN.....PLEASURE TO MEET YOU and YOUR FAMILY!!!! I will be there in 2008...promise!
Maybe Keeler should take his sunglasses off so he can see how bad his team truely sucks.

JMU2004
October 7th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Did you enjoy having your hands full with URIne today? Maybe you should go back to :bawling: about JMUs ****ty season.

ahh, cussing now, are we???? time for ralph to put the plug in this drain!

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 04:15 PM
ahh, cussing now, are we???? time for ralph to put the plug in this drain!
I was keeping a toilet theme seems thats where your season is going. I guess you wanted to keep it a bathroom theme :D

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:15 PM
JMU has the same record as UMass

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 04:17 PM
JMU has the same record as UMass

Wins over Bloomsburg, VMI, Northeastern, and URI are real impressive.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 7th, 2006, 04:29 PM
xlolx

What a terrible post!

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Wins over Bloomsburg, VMI, Northeastern, and URI are real impressive.
Colgate 2-3
'Nova 2-3
Stony Brook, 2-4
W@M 1-4

Maverick
October 7th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Relax people, U assfan cannot and will not respond to facts as his primary purpose is to be noticed. All of his work is about him, not about UMass. He is not a fan of UMass, he is just a sad and pathetic individual who would rather his UMass team be hated than respected. All that matters is you notice him. UMass doesn't need him and probably doesn't want him. Probably the same approach to him his mother has when she isn't hiding under the front porch.

: smh : : smh : : smh : xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Colgate 2-3
'Nova 2-3
Stony Brook, 2-4
W@M 1-4
Stony Brook is currently in 1st place of the Northeast, Nova is 2-0 since we beat them, and W@M is just a lost cause. If you remember... JMU was down 0-3 late to Bloomsburg before scoring two late TDs for the win.

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Relax people, U assfan cannot and will not respond to facts as his primary purpose is to be noticed. All of his work is about him, not about UMass. He is not a fan of UMass, he is just a sad and pathetic individual who would rather his UMass team be hated than respected. All that matters is you notice him. UMass doesn't need him and probably doesn't want him. Probably the same approach to him his mother has when she isn't hiding under the front porch.

: smh : : smh : : smh : xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi
I dont respond to facts? What are you talking about... get a clue. :thumbsup:

Husky Alum
October 7th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Good to see a thread about a game decided on last second field goal by a true freshman has denigrated into yet another p-issing contest between JMU and ZooMass fans.

Mat Johnson, whose two missed FG's against Richmond cost NU a huge upset win over the Spiders kicked a clutch FG to give NU the win over a UD team that loooked like it needed a lesson in how to "take what the D was giving them".

UD couldn't really run the ball, and NU couldn't defend UD's tight end, but UD just didn't get the ball to him enough.

I went to the game with D96, and we were in agreement. Keeler coached a very poor game.

Scary thing is the game shouldn't have been this close as NU left at least 11 points on the board due to turnovers and crappy play calling itself.

That being said, Parsons Field continues to be a house of Horrors for ud, as they haven't won in Boston since the Clinton Administration.

Don't think Keelers disparaging (Albeit true) comments about Parsons Field weren't shared with the NU team at practice or pregamt today.

Say what you want about the quality of Parsons Field, hen fans, until you win another game there (Which won't be until at least 2010), shut yer beaks. It's not The Tub, and it never will be, but last I checked it was the same length and same width as the field in Newark.

It's not like you've never played there before.

Henfan, great meeting you and the family. I hope you had a good weekend in Boston - see you next year at Newark or for a hoops game this year.

Maverick
October 7th, 2006, 05:11 PM
U assfan,
Thanks for showing me the other thumb as I know where you keep the other one before switching them to keep one clean like the one you are showing. I wondered why you don't have time to do research, I guess this is what keeps you so busy!

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 05:45 PM
U assfan,
Thanks for showing me the other thumb as I know where you keep the other one before switching them to keep one clean like the one you are showing. I wondered why you don't have time to do research, I guess this is what keeps you so busy!

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
Im talking football and you are talking nonsense... Im attacking teams and you are attacking me. What is UMass too good for you to attack. If you want to make comments to me at least stick to football seems this is a I-AA football board.

Maverick
October 7th, 2006, 05:54 PM
What you know about football and the "attacks" on other teams that you believe validate you are below the level of the UMass football program that you "support". That is the source of my bitterness if you like. The UMass program that I know is much more than your childish diatribes on this board. So maybe you should start trying to raise UMass football up by what they are and what they do. You can't raise UMass football by dragging all the other programs down.

Is that simple enough for a "looser" like you?

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 05:55 PM
What you know about football and the "attacks" on other teams that you believe validate you are below the level of the UMass football program that you "support". That is the source of my bitterness if you like. The UMass program that I know is much more than your childish diatribes on this board. So maybe you should start trying to raise UMass football up by what they are and what they do. You can't raise UMass football by dragging all the other programs down.

Is that simple enough for a "looser" like you?
Again you cannot make one post without a personal attack. When will it end for you.

YoUDeeMan
October 7th, 2006, 07:19 PM
WOW... man does UD play to the level of their comp or what...

How about this non-personal attack; one with a focus on the UMass team:

UMass played below the level of the competition several times last year....and ended up home. xlolx

UD played without 5 players in their secondary, a similar number of players on their defensive line, and without their top offensive player. With those player losses, at least they are entertaining and competitive (and yes, frustrating). Who knows how UMass would fair with such losses when they can't win a "winnable" Navy game with a full roster (shades of last season).

Here's another statement; let's see if anyone takes it personally: I will root for UMass in most games because they are talented and have a shot at representing the A-10 well in the playoffs. I will do that despite some fans that represent "minute men" instead of the Minutemen.

FightinBluHen51
October 7th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Good to see a thread about a game decided on last second field goal by a true freshman has denigrated into yet another p-issing contest between JMU and ZooMass fans.

Mat Johnson, whose two missed FG's against Richmond cost NU a huge upset win over the Spiders kicked a clutch FG to give NU the win over a UD team that loooked like it needed a lesson in how to "take what the D was giving them".

UD couldn't really run the ball, and NU couldn't defend UD's tight end, but UD just didn't get the ball to him enough.

I went to the game with D96, and we were in agreement. Keeler coached a very poor game.

Scary thing is the game shouldn't have been this close as NU left at least 11 points on the board due to turnovers and crappy play calling itself.

That being said, Parsons Field continues to be a house of Horrors for ud, as they haven't won in Boston since the Clinton Administration.

Don't think Keelers disparaging (Albeit true) comments about Parsons Field weren't shared with the NU team at practice or pregamt today.

Say what you want about the quality of Parsons Field, hen fans, until you win another game there (Which won't be until at least 2010), shut yer beaks. It's not The Tub, and it never will be, but last I checked it was the same length and same width as the field in Newark.

It's not like you've never played there before.

Henfan, great meeting you and the family. I hope you had a good weekend in Boston - see you next year at Newark or for a hoops game this year.
That's our glorious Capt. Kirk OC...if it works...DON'T DO IT!!! (as I come crawling out from under the rocks).

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 08:13 PM

UMass played below the level of the competition several times last year....and ended up home. xlolx

UD played without 5 players in their secondary, a similar number of players on their defensive line, and without their top offensive player. With those player losses, at least they are entertaining and competitive (and yes, frustrating). Who knows how UMass would fair with such losses when they can't win a "winnable" Navy game with a full roster (shades of last season).

Here's another statement; let's see if anyone takes it personally: I will root for UMass in most games because they are talented and have a shot at representing the A-10 well in the playoffs. I will do that despite some fans that represent "minute men" instead of the Minutemen.

How many years in a row will UDel use the youth and injury excuse?

FightinBluHen51
October 7th, 2006, 08:14 PM
How many years in a row will UDel use the youth and injury excuse?
Until we get a new coach...

Which...after today, should be tomorrow.

Sam Adams
October 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Not sure why you guys are harping on UMass. I have always enjoyed UD fans and appreciated the quality of their program. Congrats to NU for a good road win and as for UD, I'm frankly shocked that this team continues to play as poorly as it has. you guys have alot of talent and a great history but at some point one would think that the coaching staff bears some of the responsibility for these poor performances.

Dane96
October 7th, 2006, 08:56 PM

I usually dont rail others for excuses (my Danes apparently need some), however UD DIDNT LOSE THIS GAME BECAUSE OF THE SECONDARY.

THAT IS A CROCK!!!

My eyes didnt deceive me when I watched Murray absolutely knife through the heart of the UD defense. Yes, NU went to the air for that final drive...but that was FAR, FAR from the game plan that was used to control the ball.

And Husky Alum is correct....the score SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

UD....lost this game in the trenches and because (like Albany's Bocanegra) they can't hold onto the ball (fumbles, dropped punts, etc.).

And THANK YOU HUSKY ALUM (now that I know who you are on here ;) ) for a great time and ticket!

FightinBluHen51
October 7th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Not sure why you guys are harping on UMass. I have always enjoyed UD fans and appreciated the quality of their program. Congrats to NU for a good road win and as for UD, I'm frankly shocked that this team continues to play as poorly as it has. you guys have alot of talent and a great history but at some point one would think that the coaching staff bears some of the responsibility for these poor performances.
It is the coaching staff, and when they can only turn and point the finger at the players and make comments like "We are the dumbest football team in America" wtf needs to happen?

YoUDeeMan
October 7th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I usually dont rail others for excuses (my Danes apparently need some), however UD DIDNT LOSE THIS GAME BECAUSE OF THE SECONDARY.

THAT IS A CROCK!!!

My eyes didnt deceive me when I watched Murray absolutely knife through the heart of the UD defense. Yes, NU went to the air for that final drive...but that was FAR, FAR from the game plan that was used to control the ball.

And Husky Alum is correct....the score SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

UD....lost this game in the trenches and because (like Albany's Bocanegra) they can't hold onto the ball (fumbles, dropped punts, etc.).

And THANK YOU HUSKY ALUM (now that I know who you are on here ;) ) for a great time and ticket!

Dane96 - you are a usually sharp cookie, but you failed to read the whole post. I said UD has lost as many people on the D line as in the secondary. The D line is tissue paper - Paris Hilton could probably push them back a yard. I mentioned the weak D line in the thread regarding Albany's win. No change in my thinking. The injuries in the secondary add to the problems.

We're playing 9 true freshman - a record for UD (including a 230 lb converted linebacker on the D line). And...augh...Keeler is ignoring the big guns he does have on "O" (that is really frustrating). It is just not pretty right now and UD is not that good. However, despite all that, we have been in every game (luck, young but inexperienced talent...whatever) and have lost 3 games by a total of 13 points and have had an opportunity to win each of them. With better coaching, we might be 5-0, but we wouldn't be a good team (see Townsend). GSU just got destroyed (65 yards rushing...hello?), Furman just lost (so much for that Southern Conference 1-2 power punch), Albany lost twice, and the list goes on. What are their excuses?

UD fans have generally accepted that this year is not going to be a good one as far as the won-lost record goes. But, at least UD has the ability to say "next year". Many teams can't say that.

Dane96
October 7th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Cluck, glad to hear you think I am a sharp cookie (thanks for the kudos).

Back to your post, when others say: the game was lost because of the Dline, and you respond with the DLine and Secondary are missing the same amount of players, I think someone (me in this instance) can infer that you're alluding to the entire D has being the reason you lost, hence opening a response stating that it (the backup seconddary) has nothing to do with the loss.

Your mention of the secondary was misplaced...because it had ZERO effect on this game. If anything, they played well because the ballcarriers for NU were in the defensive backfield all game.

So...I am not understanding how the secondary should be mentioned in this loss...at all?!

I guess if you are saying "hey we are down 9 guys" I understand. But four of them did not have a negative effect on the game (four replacements in the secondary).

My point: IT WAS THE DLINE REPLACEMENTS THAT KILLED YA'

That being said, Husky Alum alluded (and I agree) to the fact UD has some serious youth.

Maybe Keeler can work in reverse. It is apparent he could get DI transfers to become DIII powers; maybe he should recruit some DIII studs up to DI ;)

ME THINKS KEELER HAS ONE MORE YEAR TO PROVE HIS WORTH...and then buh bye!

Y'all need to start a "FREE FLACCO" campaign...the kid should be throwing 35-40 times a game!

Husky Alum
October 7th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Congrats to NU for a good road win.

Um, the game was at Parsons. After 5 roadies to start the season we finally played our home opener today.

But thanks for the kudos.

My 14 year old nephew went to Band Day today in Amherst(he plays in his HS Band), and said "The UMass Band was good" when I asked him how the game was. ugh...

CollegeObserver
October 7th, 2006, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=Dane96

Y'all need to start a "FREE FLACCO" campaign...the kid should be throwing 35-40 times a game![/QUOTE]

Flacco had 41 tosses today, completing 24, FWIW.

Good job by Joe. We do have a QB, but this team has major issues.

Sam Adams
October 8th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Um, the game was at Parsons. After 5 roadies to start the season we finally played our home opener today.

But thanks for the kudos.

My 14 year old nephew went to Band Day today in Amherst(he plays in his HS Band), and said "The UMass Band was good" when I asked him how the game was. ugh...

Congrats on the home win!!! :D

The UM band was much better than "good" the hs kids were great too. 3000 musicians on the field at once - incredible. As for the game, UMass completely dominated W&M from the start...not the most exciting game ever at McGuirk.

ChickenMan
October 8th, 2006, 08:39 AM

I have to disagree with your comment about UD having a lot of talent... I really think this is one of the least talented groups that I've seen in a long time. The DL is a total disaster and the WRs are also very subpar. UD may be a little better than they looked vs N'eastern... but this is not a very talented Hen squad and they will really struggle to win 5 games this year.

PS... UMass is the best team in the A10... IF they play up to their talent...???

NU-Fan
October 9th, 2006, 05:25 PM

I don't think :U assfan's mother hides under the porch---I think she moved and did not leave a forwarding address.:nono: :nono: :nono:

henfan
October 10th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Husky Alum and Dane96, great to meet both of you. Sorry we couldn't have spent more time together.

I'd agree that NU offensive line set the tone and, if not for untimely mistakes, the Huskies could have scored more often. I was impressed with the ability of both Husky tailbacks and the young QB, Sperrazza (sp?). The young Hen DL was unable to defend the run or get any pressure on the QB. That usually doesn't translate into a win.

With Cuff gone, UD's staff had pretty much decided to abandon the run. I'm not sure that was a terrific decision in retrospect but that's certainly not what lost the game. The inability to defend just about anything NU threw at them was the deciding factor, ultimately.

I thought the real turning point in the game happened just before the half, with the Hens up 17-10. After a punt, UD got ball on their own 48 with just over 2 minutes remaining. They only managed to drive to about the NU 33 before turning the ball over at the end of the half. If the Hens had come away with a score there, the complexion of the game could have been entirely different in the second half. But football games are won and lost on opportunities like that. Despite the fact that both teams made too many mistakes to win, NU put it together when they needed to and made more big plays when it counted.

Congrats on the win. It was cool to hear the NU pep band and players sing the victory song after the game. That's a neat tradition. We were right in the thick of things when that was happening. xsmileyclapx