PDA

View Full Version : Potts starting over Phillips for W&M against UMass

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 6th, 2006, 09:07 PM
http://thetribehasspoken.net/2006/10/07/breaking-news-potts-named-starting-qb/

umassfan
October 6th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Will it matter who the losing QB will be?

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 6th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Well it obviously matter enough to you to waste your "valuable time"(RE: signature) to post about it.

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2006, 09:40 PM
TRIBAL MEMBER......AH WOULDAH WENT WHIFF....POTTS.......FROM DUH MARYLAND GAME ON............TROUBLE IS.....WHEN YA'LL GOTS TWO....TALENTED QB'S.......SOMEBODY SITS......LAYCOCKE.......SHUDDA...GOT POTTS IN MO' OFTEN....MAYBEAH TRY ALTERNATIN' SERIES.......OR EVERAH TWO........SHUDDA MIXED IT UP...B/4 NOW..............:twocents:.......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Will it matter who the losing QB will be?

UMA$$FAN....'EVERAH DUH A-10.........DUNCE......:rolleyes:......DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 6th, 2006, 09:44 PM
:nod: xlolx xlolx xlolx

But I agree. The last few games I wanted Potts to get much more PT.

youwouldno
October 6th, 2006, 10:06 PM
At least I didn't call this one like, last year.

Mr. C
October 6th, 2006, 11:28 PM
UMA$$FAN....'EVERAH DUH A-10.........DUNCE......:rolleyes:......DOODLE-DOO-DOO!
:D xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :nod: :cool: :rotateh: :) xlolx xlolx xlolx

You make me laugh yet again, Mr. Chicken (BTW, congrats on your latest milestone post, NO. 6000. Been busy and didn't get to post on the other thread).

I saw the W&M-Hofstra game three different times on TV this week (don't ask) and Phillips seemed to really struggle. Maybe Potts will give the offense some life. Phillips and Potts are similarly talented, anyway. Was real impressed by the improvements that Elijah Brooks had made. What little good the Tribe offense did last week was on account of Brooks.

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 12:16 AM
:D xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :nod: :cool: :rotateh: :) xlolx xlolx xlolx

You make me laugh yet again, Mr. Chicken (BTW, congrats on your latest milestone post, NO. 6000. Been busy and didn't get to post on the other thread).

I saw the W&M-Hofstra game three different times on TV this week (don't ask) and Phillips seemed to really struggle. Maybe Potts will give the offense some life. Phillips and Potts are similarly talented, anyway. Was real impressed by the improvements that Elijah Brooks had made. What little good the Tribe offense did last week was on account of Brooks.
Brooks ran 15 times for 79 yards vs Hofstra... that seems really improved to me... xidiotx

Mr. C
October 7th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Brooks ran 15 times for 79 yards vs Hofstra... that seems really improved to me... xidiotx
Did you watch the game? Do you see other things that running backs do, other than rush (like outstanding blocking and pass receiving)? Did you know that a substantial amount of yardage for Brooks was called back by penalties? You might want to have ALL the facts before you post a smart-aleck response.
xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Did you watch the game? Do you see other things that running backs do, other than rush (like outstanding blocking and pass receiving)? Did you know that a substantial amount of yardage for Brooks was called back by penalties? You might want to have ALL the facts before you post a smart-aleck response.
xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx
Well if they were called back due to penelties then maybe just maybe that is why he got all those yards? You think? Come on man I thought you knew the game of football.

You spent more time on those faces then you did on coming up with a smart responce.

Mr. C
October 7th, 2006, 12:37 AM
From the article that started this thread:

“No one has given up,” said tailback Elijah Brooks, a rare offensive bright spot the past two games with 7.5 yards per carry. “We realize that if we were just a little more consistent offensively in the two conference games, we’d be 3-1 and people would be talking about the season differently.
“But we can’t think about that now. Winning this game at Massachusetts is all we’re focused on.”

Mr. C
October 7th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Well if they were called back due to penelties then maybe just maybe that is why he got all those yards? You think? Come on man I thought you knew the game of football.

You spent more time on those faces then you did on coming up with a smart responce.
I didn't have any doubt about your knowledge of football. You obviously didn't see the game, so quit trying to put everyone else down who did. Brooks is a great player. Just because he doesn't play for the Minutemen is NO reason to put him down, or someone who says something good about one of the classy players of I-AA. Why don't you learn the difference between the smack board and the discussion board?

BTW, you are the one who started with the faces.
xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM
From the article that started this thread:

“No one has given up,” said tailback Elijah Brooks, a rare offensive bright spot the past two games with 7.5 yards per carry. “We realize that if we were just a little more consistent offensively in the two conference games, we’d be 3-1 and people would be talking about the season differently.
“But we can’t think about that now. Winning this game at Massachusetts is all we’re focused on.”
Yea and one of those two games was VMI... I dont think I need to go any further there. VMI has been his only good game this season. When you rush for 9.7 yards a carry vs VMI, that will help your average any day of the week.

Mr. C
October 7th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Some of us actually watch as many I-AA games as we can. If you haven't seen him play this season, than obviously you don't have an argument to base your smack on. Brooks is one of the top RBs in the A-10 and I-AA. Only a fool would argue otherwise.

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Some of us actually watch as many I-AA games as we can. If you haven't seen him play this season, than obviously you don't have an argument to base your smack on. Brooks is one of the top RBs in the A-10 and I-AA. Only a fool would argue otherwise.
I guess im a fool then because I dont think he is one of the top 5 backs in the A10 nevermind I-AA. I would put the top 5 in this order:

1) Cuff
2) Baylark
3) Gordon
4) Hightower
5) Casey

Mr. C
October 7th, 2006, 01:11 AM
I guess im a fool then because I dont think he is one of the top 5 backs in the A10 nevermind I-AA. I would put the top 5 in this order:

1) Cuff
2) Baylark
3) Gordon
4) Hightower
5) Casey
Brooks finished last season with 970 yards rushing, which was 39th nationally. He is currently tied for 50th this season with 319 yards and will likely go over 2,000 yards for his career this Saturday against UMass. His average per carry this year is better than Cuff, Baylark and Casey and is in the same ballpark with Gordon (a converted receiver, BTW) and Hightower.

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Brooks finished last season with 970 yards rushing, which was 39th nationally. He is currently tied for 50th this season with 319 yards and will likely go over 2,000 yards for his career this Saturday against UMass. His average per carry this year is better than Cuff, Baylark and Casey and is in the same ballpark with Gordon (a converted receiver, BTW) and Hightower.
Everyone on this board knows Cuff is the top back in the A10. Everyone also is aware Baylark is going for is 4th career 1000 yard season(something done only twice in I-AA). Gordon and Hightower average 20+ more all purpose yards a game then Brooks. The only guy you have a case agaist is Casey. He is more of a fullback but still a better back then Brooks.

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 7th, 2006, 07:47 AM
W&M has one of the worst offensive line I've seen in my life at any level. It's tough to gain yards when holes aren't there.

Oh, by the way, last week Elijah took a screen pass 30 yards with about 2 minutes left to put W&M in a position to win, only to be sacked away. Check out the moves he made:

http://www.tribeathletics.com/files/fb/2006/video/hutv/hubrooks.mov