Villanova @ Rhode Island - 12:30 PM
#23 James Madison @ New Hampshire - 12:30 PM - NBC Sports Network
Richmond @ Stony Brook - 1 PM
#17 William & Mary @ #16 Delaware - 3 PM - CSN-MA+, CSN-P, CSN-NE, SNY
#5 Maine @ Albany - 3:30 PM

Bye: #11 Towson

93henfan
November 3rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
That W&M-UD game is going to be a biggie. JMU @ UNH as well.

VU 31 URI 19
UNH 34 JMU 31 (OT)
SB 27 UR 14
UD 27 WM 24
UM 44 UA 16

JMUNJ08
November 3rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Villanova @ Rhode Island
James Madison @ New Hampshire
Richmond @ Stony Brook
William & Mary @ Delaware
Maine @ Albany

3 really toss up games this week, 2 with playoff implications. Looking for the state of Virginia to come out on top!

Skyhawk71
November 3rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
Villanova @ Rhode Island
Richmond @ Stony Brook
Maine @ Albany

kdinva
November 3rd, 2013, 05:01 PM
Villanova 33 @Rhode Island 17
James Madison 21 @ New Hampshire 26
Richmond 16 @ Stony Brook 22
William & Mary 23 @ Delaware 27
Maine 37 @ Albany 14

UMaineD
November 3rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Villanova 27 @ Rhode Island 17
James Madison 28 @ New Hampshire 24
Richmond 12 @ Stony Brook 16
William & Mary 30 @ Delaware 28
Maine 37 @ Albany 17

bonarae
November 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
Villanova
JMU
Stony Brook
Delaware (tight one, toss-up)
Maine

Tribal
November 4th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Villanova @ Rhode Island
Richmond @ Stony Brook
Maine @ Albany

This looks good.

W&M won't win if UD scores 27+ points as some of you predicted. JMU and UNH scored a total of 7 points in 8 quarters so giving up 27 would be a real letdown.

But, UD embarrassed us last year in that hurricane and have enjoyed a lot of success at W&M's expense so...

ccd494
November 4th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I would like to be put on record as saying that I am absolutely terrified of Albany as a Maine fan.

2012, Albany 30 @ Maine 20
2010, Albany 3 @ Maine 0

LeadBolt
November 4th, 2013, 09:40 AM
This looks good.

W&M won't win if UD scores 27+ points as some of you predicted. JMU and UNH scored a total of 7 points in 8 quarters so giving up 27 would be a real letdown.

But, UD embarrassed us last year in that hurricane and have enjoyed a lot of success at W&M's expense so...

Agreed Tribal. I'm inclined to think that 24 points will win the W&M @ UD game and think either is capable of putting up that many on the other. As a partisan, I am inclined to think that the desire for paying back UD after last year's fiasco is greater than the home field advantage.

State Line Liquors
November 4th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Villanova
UNH - UNH at home is a difficult place for the Dukes to be counting on a win.
Stony Brook - This one is tough to pick. Top passing offense versus the top passing defense. I'll go w/ SBU since they're at home.
Delaware - I have a lot of respect for the Tribe and particularly their defense. They win if their defense wins the game. I think the Hens will be able to get enough, particularly at home to pull this one out.
Maine - Maine is the better team.

State Line Liquors
November 4th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Agreed Tribal. I'm inclined to think that 24 points will win the W&M @ UD game and think either is capable of putting up that many on the other. As a partisan, I am inclined to think that the desire for paying back UD after last year's fiasco is greater than the home field advantage.

You guys make a good point about the 'payback factor'. Throw that one right into the pot, stir it around a few times, and the game at the Tub this weekend gets even murkier to predict.

JMUNJ08
November 4th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Villanova
UNH - UNH at home is a difficult place for the Dukes to be counting on a win.
Stony Brook - This one is tough to pick. Top passing offense versus the top passing defense. I'll go w/ SBU since they're at home.
Delaware - I have a lot of respect for the Tribe and particularly their defense. They win if their defense wins the game. I think the Hens will be able to get enough, particularly at home to pull this one out.
Maine - Maine is the better team.

I agree that we can't 'count on a win' but we should still be in a decent position to get one. I just look back to 2006? or so when we went up and dismantled a #1 UNH team that had a nice bandwagon going for them late in the season... This is not impossible by any stretch but we need to show up for once on the road and not shoot ourselves in the foot (i.e. 5-0 @ Home & 0-3 on the Road losing by an average of 6 points per contest)

LeadBolt
November 4th, 2013, 12:16 PM
You guys make a good point about the 'payback factor'. Throw that one right into the pot, stir it around a few times, and the game at the Tub this weekend gets even murkier to predict.

When I go thru my exercise of looking at likely outcomes for Saturday, I come up with a 24-24 tie. My gut tells me that I would take under on a 48 total score, for regulation...

danefan
November 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I would like to be put on record as saying that I am absolutely terrified of Albany as a Maine fan.

2012, Albany 30 @ Maine 20
2010, Albany 3 @ Maine 0

This is a much different Albany team. I wouldn't worry too much.

ccd494
November 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
This is a much different Albany team. I wouldn't worry too much.

Even so. I don't think I will ever not be terrified of Albany.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 4th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I agree that we can't 'count on a win' but we should still be in a decent position to get one. I just look back to 2006? or so when we went up and dismantled a #1 UNH team that had a nice bandwagon going for them late in the season... This is not impossible by any stretch but we need to show up for once on the road and not shoot ourselves in the foot (i.e. 5-0 @ Home & 0-3 on the Road losing by an average of 6 points per contest)

For some reason, getting beat in the regular season by W&M brings out the best in the Dukes. It's like it takes getting beat up by a bunch of nerds to really get these guys motivated or something - infuriating as a fan. I think JMU is starting to hit its stride as the young DBs are getting better, Robertson is looking like the real deal for the Buchannon Award, and a dual threat at RB and Birdsong to Brown are allowing for a more balanced team overall. We looked crappy for several games this year, but right now it feels like the team is starting to peak. I wouldn't want to be playing JMU if I were any of the teams on our schedule right now.

On a side note, Delaware and W&M both keep getting better and better. Should be an interesting last few weeks down the stretch.

Uncle Buck
November 4th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Hi All, been a while, especially with no Hofstra team! Anyhow, here are my picks for the week.

Villanova over Rhode Island big
New Hampshire over JMU in a close one
Stony Brook edges Richmond
Delaware beats W&M
Maine over Albany

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Sitting Bull
November 4th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I'm not ready yet to make the picks - but just looking at Sagarin this week (who seems to be much more reliable than these outfits making lines on FCS games - or the FCS polls), the Tribe is favored by 6, even factoring home field for Delaware.

As far as our JMU fans on here, the football version of "nerds" were wearing the white jerseys in Williamsburg.

DoubleH
November 5th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Villanova @ Rhode Island - I'm shocked to see 'Nova in this position but they are much more talented that URI. They should be able to score a bunch.
#23 James Madison @ New Hampshire - UNH keeps their faint playoff hopes alive with some more home cookin'; they're undefeated at home this year.
Richmond @ Stony Brook - SBU wins at home on the back of their defense.
#17 William & Mary @ #16 Delaware - I'm done underestimating the Tribe in CAA play; their offense might be like watching grass grow, but that D is for real. Delaware is OK but I'm not sold, even more so after that gift-wrapped disaster the Tigers handed them Saturday.
#5 Maine @ Albany - The Black Bears keep rolling along.

Bye @ #11 Towson - Hopefully the bye does kick our ass. It's soul-searching time the next two weeks for this team. Bad coaching and a complete lack of a killer instinct to close the game allowed a clearly inferior Delaware team to steal a win; that was one of the worst losses in school history. The loss may have huge ramifications if we don't win the next two. What looked like a seed and the bye/guaranteed home playoff game that goes with it a week ago now looks shaky with two tough games down the stretch. Hard to say an 8-2 team in underachieving but that's how I feel about this Towson team right now. They are much more talented than anyone they have played this season and should - yes, should - be 10-0.

Tribal
November 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Waste Management = Funny

Nerds = Badge of Honor

LeadBolt
November 5th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I'm not ready yet to make the picks - but just looking at Sagarin this week (who seems to be much more reliable than these outfits making lines on FCS games - or the FCS polls), the Tribe is favored by 6, even factoring home field for Delaware.

As far as our JMU fans on here, the football version of "nerds" were wearing the white jerseys in Williamsburg.

You mean the guys in the white shirts whose college education doesn't include knowledge of the concept of defering so that you kick off both halfs?

bluehenbillk
November 6th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Nova 41 URI 10 - Talley doesn't run it up on his old buddy
UNH 27 JMU 24 - Dukes different team on road & UNH will be in mood to score
STB 20 UR 17 - Playing out the string
UD 21 W&M 14 - Hens still sky high & at home
Maine 37 Alb 14 - Both teams banged up - Bears much better

jmufan999
November 6th, 2013, 01:10 PM
i'm fine with a lot of people picking UNH, but if JMU wins, are these same people going to say, "meh, UNH sucks".

State Line Liquors
November 6th, 2013, 01:25 PM
i'm fine with a lot of people picking UNH, but if JMU wins, are these same people going to say, "meh, UNH sucks".

Yes. Deal with it.

bluehenbillk
November 6th, 2013, 01:27 PM

Part of me wanted to pick JMU this week, but they just haven't played well on the road this year. Correct?

Mattymc727
November 6th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Villanova @ Rhode Island
Richmond @ Stony Brook
Maine @ Albany

jmufan999
November 6th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Part of me wanted to pick JMU this week, but they just haven't played well on the road this year. Correct?

for the most part, yes. played well against Akron during the first half, played ok against UD, and really poorly against W&M. Tribe's defense is very good but that was an all-around awful performance. that was not the same JMU team i've seen in most other games. so yes, definitely worse on the road.

so i think a JMU (winless on road) team beating an undefeated-at-home UNH team would be impressive. guess we'll see. it's such a tough place to play, they thrashed us in Durham last year, if i remember correctly.

State Line Liquors
November 6th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Durham is a tough place to play. The last time UD had a league sponsored home game against UNH was back in the 2006-2007 season. Including next season we will have played 3 consecutive CAA league games in Durham, without reciprocity.

jmufan999
November 6th, 2013, 07:28 PM
bump.

WM2001
November 6th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Villanova
James Madison
Richmond
William & Mary
Maine

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 7th, 2013, 11:50 AM
NOVA
Stony Brook
Tribe
Maine
JMU - 1st road win this season to keep playoff hopes alive!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2013, 03:03 PM
53-18 Overall

Villanova 30 URI 14 - The Wildcats finally get back on track...

UNH 34 JMU 30 - I'll take UNH to get back in the playoff discussion with a big win at home...

SBU 27 Richmond 13 - What happened to the Spiders?

W&M 24 Delaware 20 - I really like the Tribe's defense...

Maine 42 Albany 17 - The Black Bears keep rolling....

jmufan999
November 7th, 2013, 07:32 PM
53-18 Overall

UNH 34 JMU 30 - I'll take UNH to get back in the playoff discussion with a big win at home...

i'll take all these teams, except i'll pick JMU for homer-ish reasons. JMU/UNH and W&M/UD will be really, really, really good games. W&M is the best CAA team i've seen (only saw Maine for one half, so take that with a grain of salt) this year. SLIGHTLY. really splitting hairs here. UD can absolutely win, though. Tribe D is just sick.

just my opinion: i think the CAA is back. seems to be strong again after a few down years. i'm confident at least one team can make the semis.

Sitting Bull
November 8th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Villanova 42 URI 14
JMU 35 UNH 24
Tribe 28 Delaware 13
SBU 24 Richmond 10
Maine 31 UAlbany 14
*Elon 34 Citadel 28

dwtime
November 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM

Doubt they said "meh, UNH sucks" today.......xlolx

paward
November 9th, 2013, 03:44 PM
53-18 Overall

For all of U's who picked Stoney Brook, News Flash................Spiders got busy today!

melloware13
November 9th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Results:
New Hampshire 33, James Madison 13
Villanova 45, Rhode Island 0
Richmond 39, Stony Brook 31
#17 William & Mary 24, #16 Delaware 10
#5 Maine 33, Albany 27

CAA Standings:
1. #5 Maine (9-1, 6-0 CAA)
2. #11 Towson (8-2, 4-2 CAA)
T3. #17 William & Mary (7-3, 4-2 CAA)