PDA

View Full Version : For EKU same o same o

ekufbfan
November 3rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
EKU thumped Tennessee State yesterday 44-0. Now, I don't really know how mediocre, good or bad this team is. But, looking at rankings we are below JSU and Tenn- Martin, both who have 2 conference losses. We just beat the #17 ranked team handily (I know they did not have their #1 QB, but what about that highly touted TSU defense that we scored 44 points on.). Back to the point, JSU lost to TSU and I don't know who UTM losses are to, however EKU has lost one conference game to #2 Eastern Illinois and the other two loses were games against FBS, U of Louisville, and Coastal Carolina. So, little more respect I believe is due. At least until next week, when EKU must show if the have IT or not vs Jacksonville State.

Skyhawk71
November 3rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
I believe Eastern Kentucky at Jacksonville State will be for all the marbles for the solid second place spot and a shot at the playoffs, having seen JSU, I don't know how they lost to Murray, but the team that showed up in Martin was very good, I think EKU may be the better team, but some teams don't play well in Jacksonville. UTM has NEVER won a game in Richmond, and it would be a shock to me if EKU doesn't roll over Murray's defense, even if they do score some points- Good Luck to the Colonels, I hope I live long enough to see a win in Richmond, but I don't think it will be this year-

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2013, 07:48 AM
The rankings aren't out yet so you're not going to see any changes based on yesterday's game. You can talk about how good EKU's losses were but the fact is until yesterday their best win was against an NEC team and the three teams you have played in conference prior to TSU are now a combined 1-15 in OVC play. Yesterday was a quality, and dominating, win so for the EKU should be commended but don't be surprised if they aren't ranked on Monday. I'd still put UTM ahead of them with OOC wins over Chatty and UCA and JSU has a win over UTM which puts them about even with EKU in my opinion. There's not much sense in arguing about it now however because EKU plays them both in their last 3 games and will have to beat at least one of them to get into the playoff picture.

Cocky
November 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
JSU v EKU should be fun after the EKU big win

colonelblitz
November 3rd, 2013, 11:28 AM
The rankings aren't out yet so you're not going to see any changes based on yesterday's game. You can talk about how good EKU's losses were but the fact is until yesterday their best win was against an NEC team and the three teams you have played in conference prior to TSU are now a combined 1-15 in OVC play. Yesterday was a quality, and dominating, win so for the EKU should be commended but don't be surprised if they aren't ranked on Monday. I'd still put UTM ahead of them with OOC wins over Chatty and UCA and JSU has a win over UTM which puts them about even with EKU in my opinion. There's not much sense in arguing about it now however because EKU plays them both in their last 3 games and will have to beat at least one of them to get into the playoff picture.

Can't disagree ..... But what I saw yesterday was what I've been looking for all year... a dominating win in all facets of the game. Losing 90% of one's offense from last year, can be tough to overcome, along with starter's being lost for the year. We grew up, as a team yesterday, we gelled, came together ,whatever you want to call it, which doesn't bode well for JSU,UTM and the Mules.. WE need to win out.. period !!! The 3 losses like yesterdays win , is in the past.. Go Colonels...

ekufbfan
November 3rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Guess I have to be a little clearer. YES, I know the rankings are not out yet, my POINT was after yesterday's game, at least for this week, IMHO, we deserve at least a small bump However, the same o same o, refers to if EKU loses we fall fast, if we win we don't move at all, just seems that way to me. But then what do I know, only been following 1AA/FCS for over 30 years.